Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
poets | poet
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Poet"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- A poet who does not know the grammatical regulative principles, who is unfamiliar with metaphorical ornaments, especially those employed in drama, and who does not know how to present the pastimes of Lord Krsna is condemned
- A so-called poet who has no knowledge of transcendental mellows and the overlapping of transcendental mellows cannot cross the ocean of the conclusions of devotional service
- After hearing the explanation of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the champion poet was struck with wonder. His cleverness stunned, he could not say anything
- All devotees are more or less poets. Out of 26 qualifications of a perfect devotee, one is poetic sense. So we can write so many poetries in praise of the Lord, or about His pastimes
- All such persons have some ambition - to become a very big businessman, to become a great industrialist, to become a great poet or philosopher. But they do not know that even if their ambition is fulfilled, the result is temporary
- By remembering the lotus feet of the Panca-tattva, a dumb man can become a poet, a lame man can cross mountains, and a blind man can see the stars in the sky
- By the mercy of the devotees of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, that poet from Bengal gave up all other activities and stayed with them at Jagannatha Puri. Who can explain the mercy of the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Dasavatara Stotra, CD 8 part one - Pralaya-payodhi-jale dhrtavan asi vedam. This is a song sung by great Vaisnava poet Jayadeva Gosvami
- Describing this incident, the great poet Sri Kavi-karnapura has written extensively about the glorious activities of Raghunatha dasa in his Sri Caitanya-candrodaya-nataka
- Even in the poetic compositions of such great poets as Bhavabhuti, Jayadeva and Kalidasa there are many examples of faults
- Even in the poetic compositions of such great poets as Bhavabhuti, Jayadeva and Kalidasa there are many examples of faults. Such mistakes should be considered negligible. One should see only how such poets have displayed their poetic power
- If he (Svarupa Damodara) would find that there were no incompatibilities in the rasas, or transcendental mellows, he would then allow the poet to approach Lord Caitanya and recite his poetry
- In the course of the narration, I have also told about the drama by the poet from Bengal. Although he was ignorant, because of his faith and humility he nevertheless obtained shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In the writings of so-called poets there is generally a possibility of overlapping transcendental mellows. When the mellows thus go against the conclusive understanding, no one likes to hear such poetry
- In these verses, the great poet Kavi-karnapura gives the same information that Sivananda Sena conveyed to the messenger from Raghunatha dasa's father
- In this way both the poet and Caitanya Mahaprabhu went back to their homes, and at night the poet worshiped mother Sarasvati
- In your song book, poet Jayadeva's high madhurya rasa songs may be avoided because they are meant for highly advanced devotees
- Narada Muni said, "All these activities performed by Your (Krsnas) Grace will be sung by great poets throughout the world. And at the Battle of Kuruksetra You will take part as the chariot driver of Your friend Arjuna"
- No production of any poet or philosopher could be laid before Mahaprabhu unless Svarupa had passed it as pure and useful
- Rabindranath Tagore is nice poet from materialistic point of view. That's all. To satisfy the materialistic person. He is not a nice poet from spiritualistic point of view. We have nothing to do with him
- Repeatedly one may become a philosopher, a scientist or a poet, and repeatedly become entangled in the same disadvantages of birth and death
- Seeing the poet's unhappiness, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, who was naturally very kindhearted, advised him so that he could derive some benefit
- Such mistakes should be considered negligible. One should see only how such poets have displayed their poetic power
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami sat down with other devotees to hear the poetry, and then the poet began to read the introductory verse
- That chapter also describes how Svarupa Damodara Gosvami rejected the drama of a poet from Bengal and established the glories of the Deity
- The authorized poet Kavi-karnapura
- The authorized poet Kavi-karnapura has written a book named Caitanya-candrodaya-nataka. This book tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu blessed Sanatana Gosvami with His specific mercy
- The bodily luster and beauty of Rukmini appeared as if painted by an artist perfectly presenting beauty following the descriptions of great poets
- The characteristics of Rupa Gosvami have thus been described in various places by the poet Kavi-karnapura. An account has also been given of how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed His causeless mercy upon Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Sanatana Gosvami
- The fiction writers, poets and celebrated litterateurs are generally engaged in writing of sensuous subjects, but if they turn towards the service of the Lord they can describe the transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- The grama-kavi, mundane poet, even a so called great poet like Shakespeare cannot help us in writing transcendental literature. If you want to look at his verse technique for improving your use of language you may, but it is risky
- The Lord (Caitanya) praised him (Kesava Kasmiri), saying, "Sir, there is no greater poet than you in the entire world"
- The Lord concluded, "Now, therefore, let us carefully scrutinize this verse." The poet replied, "Yes, the verse You have recited is perfectly correct
- The Lord replied, "By the grace of the Lord someone may become a great poet, and similarly by His grace someone else may become a great sruti-dhara who can memorize anything immediately"
- The Lord sometimes becomes mad after the beauty of Radharani. Poets describe that under those circumstances, although Lord Krsna is Madana-mohana, He becomes Madana-daha, or enchanted by the beauty of Radharani
- The Lord's ears were satisfied when He heard Svarupa Damodara sing songs from the Gita-govinda and those by the poet Vidyapati
- The next morning the poet came to Lord Caitanya and surrendered unto His lotus feet. The Lord bestowed His mercy upon him and cut off all his bondage to material attachment
- The poem is very nice. You are understanding the philosophy nicely
- The poet or writer dealing with transcendental subject matters is not an ordinary writer or translator. Because he is empowered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whatever he writes becomes very effective
- The poet said, "All right, let me see what good qualities and faults You have found." The Lord replied, "Let Me speak, and please hear Me without becoming angry
- The poet said, "Lord Jagannatha is a most beautiful body, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is exceptionally grave, is the owner of that body"
- The poet Vidyapati said that in the society of friends, family, children, wife, etc., there is certainly some pleasure, but that pleasure is compared to a drop of water in the desert
- The poet Vidyāpati said that in the society of friends, family, children, wife, etc., there is certainly some pleasure, but that pleasure is compared to a drop of water in the desert
- The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination, but such fascination is compared by the poet Vidyapati as a drop of water of the ocean
- There is a chain of continuation from one life to another, from previous lives to this life, and from this life to future lives. This is also sometimes proved by saying that a man is a born poet, a born scientist or a born devotee
- Thereupon all the devotees accepted his association. Explaining his humble behavior, they introduced him to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- This behavior of the friends toward Krsna is described by thoughtful poets as vyabhicari
- Uddhava says, "O my Lord! (Krsna) Transcendental poets and experts in spiritual science could not fully express their indebtedness to You, even if they were endowed with the prolonged lifetime of Brahma"
- Upon hearing this proper explanation by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, the Bengali poet fell down at the feet of all the devotees and took shelter of them with a straw in his mouth
- Valmiki was a great poet, and similarly Vyasadeva is a great writer, and both of them have absolutely engaged themselves in delineating the transcendental activities of the Lord and by doing so have become immortal
- Vidyapati, a great Vaisnava devotee and poet, says, "My dear Lord, undoubtedly there is some pleasure in the midst of society, friendship and love, although it is materially conceived, but such pleasure cannot satisfy my heart, which is like a desert"
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet's poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin?
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- When everyone present heard the verse, they all commended the poet, but Svarupa Damodara Gosvami requested him, "Kindly explain this verse"
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was residing in Jagannatha Puri, many poets and devotees used to come to Him and offer their different kinds of poetry
- When the Bengali poet heard this chastisement from Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, he was ashamed, fearful and astonished. Indeed, being like a duck in a society of white swans, he could not say anything
- When the poetic champion was thus defeated, all the Lord's disciples sitting there began to laugh loudly. But Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them not to do so, and He addressed the poet as follows