Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
poem | poems | poetry | poetry's | poetries | prose
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Poetry"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A book or poetry in which the Holy Name of Krishna is depicted, such language is revolutionary in the matter of purifying the material atmosphere. Even though such literature is presented in broken language or grammatical inconsistency
- Actually both Rupa Gosvami and Ramananda Raya were scholarly experts in composing poetry and presenting it strictly according to the Sahitya-darpana and other Vedic literatures
- All devotees are more or less poets. Out of 26 qualifications of a perfect devotee, one is poetic sense. So we can write so many poetries in praise of the Lord, or about His pastimes
- Amongst the regulated poetry, the Gayatri mantra, which is chanted by the duly qualified brahmamas, is the most prominent
- As one's body, although well-decorated with ornaments, is made unfortunate by even one spot of white leprosy, so an entire poem is made useless by a fault, despite alliteration, similes and metaphors
- For critical students of mundane poetry and literary men without God consciousness who are after bodily sense gratification, there is no need to read such a high standard of transcendental literature
- For two or three days Bhagavan Acarya continually asked Svarupa Damodara Gosvami to hear the poetry. Because of his repeated requests, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami wanted to hear the poetry written by the brahmana from Bengal
- I am in due receipt of your poem offering and I want to thank you very much for it. I have appreciated the sentiments expressed within and I hope that you will continue to advance more and more in your Krsna consciousness
- I have seen your poetry and it is very nice. Try to write more and to have it published. If you like, I can send you more topics to write poetries about and to versify into the German language
- I thank you very much for your very nice poetry; I am reading it again and again and I shall most probably arrange to publish it in BTG
- In this way their arguments appear in various forms, but the poetry of the Bhagavatam expertly refutes them all
- Mental speculators. They write poetries and utopian theories, "This philosophy, that philosophy." In this way they satisfy the mind. But that is also not happiness. Mental happiness
- My dear sir, whereas you are a very learned scholar in all sorts of scriptures and are very much experienced in composing poetry, I am only a boy - a new student and nothing more
- My Godbrothers, they also like my writing. After I wrote that poem for Vyasa Puja of my Guru Maharaja they used to call me Poet
- Sanskrit poetry writing is very difficult. They have got rhetoric system. So many words should be first, so many words, second. You cannot deviate
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu praised the metaphors and other literary ornaments of Srila Rupa Gosvami's transcendental poetry. Without such poetic attributes, He said, there is no possibility of preaching transcendental mellows
- Sri Krsna-vijaya is a book of poems considered to be the first poetry book written in Bengal. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura states that this book was begun in the year 1395 Sakabda (A.D. 1473)
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied, "Dear Bhagavan Acarya, you are a very liberal cowherd boy. Sometimes the desire awakens within you to hear any kind of poetry"
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami sat down with other devotees to hear the poetry, and then the poet began to read the introductory verse
- Taking a humble position, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Because I am not on your level, I have asked you to teach Me by explaining the faults and good qualities in your poetry
- That is the subject matter of the poetry, that "I have no hope. Who will accept this, especially in this country, so much engrossed in materialistic way of life? And I shall say, 'Give up everything.' Who will take it?"
- That songs writing we cannot regard very seriously. That will spoil the whole thing. But you can utilize your propensity to write poems and articles for BTG, for singing in the kirtana, like that
- The ass sings poetry and philosophy sometimes, but this braying sound only disturbs others. This is the position of the foolish fruitive worker who does not know for whom he should work
- The example of dhira is given in the Kumara-sambhava poetry, by Kalidasa. We had our syllabus studying Kumara-sambhava in our I.A. class in college
- The great yogi of My mind always studies the poetry and discussions of Lord Krsna's Vrndavana pastimes
- The Lord especially liked to hear Bilvamangala Thakura's Krsna-karnamrta, the poetry of Vidyapati, and Sri Gita-govinda, by Jayadeva Gosvami
- The priests, who were even worshiped by King Nabhi, the Emperor of Bharata-varsa, offered prayers in prose (generally they were in poetry) and bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet
- There is no doubt that your poetry is full of ingenuity, and certainly it has satisfied the Supreme Lord. Yet if we scrutinizingly consider it we can find both good qualities and faults
- Therefore I desire to hear your skill in composing poetry. We could hear this if you would mercifully describe the glory of mother Ganges
- This does not mean that human civilization should revert to animal life or that the human being should live naked in the jungles without any culture, education and sense of morality
- This poetry was found in the India House Library at London by Gurudasa. I was searching after it and my master has rewarded me of this after so long a time (34 years). Please publish it in BTG
- Those who are on the mental platform, they're writing poetries and philosophical speculation to satisfy the mind. Similarly, there is intellectual platform. But soul is above intellect
- Today I have disclosed my mind to my companion Lord Sri Krishna. There is a Bengali poem made by me today in this connection
- We have given the list of qualification of a devotee. One of the qualification is poetic. Poetic means not write poetry. Poetic means literary man. They must give literature. Naturally they'll give. That is the nature of devotee
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet's poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin?
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- When I landed in Boston, I wrote one Bengali poetry to Krishna that I do not know why You have brought me to such a distant place where everything is opposite number, and how will I be able to convince them about this Krishna Consciousness Movement?
- Whenever there is a recitation of poetry or a dramatic play on the different pastimes of Krsna, the audience develops different kinds of transcendental loving service for the Lord. They enjoy different types of vibhava, anubhava and sancari-bhava
- You are an ordinary student of grammar. What do You know about literary embellishments? You cannot review this poetry because You do not know anything about it
- You are the most learned scholar and the topmost of all great poets, for otherwise how could such fine poetry come from your mouth?
- You can add to the Songbook the poem I wrote before arriving at the Boston Port when I first came to America
- You have achieved poetic imagination and ingenuity by the grace of your worshipable demigod. But poetry not well reviewed is certainly subject to criticism
- Your poetry is so difficult that no one can understand it but you and mother Sarasvati, the goddess of learning