Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pastime | pastimes | pastimeous | pastimious
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Srila Prabhupada's Pastimes - videos (51 P)
- ► Caitanya's Pastimes (4 C, 272 P)
- ► Hobby (1 C, 7 P)
- ► Lila (7 C, 20 P)
- ► Pastimes of The Lord (1 C, 150 P)
- ► Questions On... Pastimes of... (56 P)
- ► Transcendental Pastimes (3 C, 18 P)
Pages in category "Pastimes"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A candidate for spiritual advancement must be nonviolent, must follow in the footsteps of great acaryas, must always remember the nectar of the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and...
- Although there is no question of creation as far as the spiritual world is concerned, the spiritual world is nonetheless manifested by the supreme will of Sankarsana. The spiritual world is the abode of the pastimes of the eternal spiritual energy
- Any pastime conducted by the Supreme Personality of Godhead is an arrangement by yogamaya, not mahamaya
- Asuras do not know that their bodies consist of the five elements of material nature and that when they fall they become objects of pastimes for dogs and vultures
- Because Lord Krsna took birth in the house of King Nanda and mother Yasoda, the goddess of fortune was obliged to manifest her opulences in Vrndavana. It appeared that Vrndavana had already become a site for the pastimes of the goddess of fortune
- Because of Your causeless mercy toward Your devotees, You want to describe the transcendental pastimes in Vrndavana. Anyone empowered to do this can bring the entire world under Your influence
- He (Advaita Acarya) helps in the pastimes of the purusa, with whose material energy and by whose will He creates innumerable universes
- He (Balarama) descended exactly like a human being and behaved in that way for His own purposes; we can only explain His activities as the Lord's pastimes
- He (Pradyumna) said, "Since my father has left Dvaraka, I do not take much pleasure in practicing fighting, nor am I interested in any kind of sporting pastimes"
- He ecstatically described the pastimes of Lord Nityananda, but the later pastimes of Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained untold
- Hearing this reply, the Lord said in ecstasy, "Go on talking! Go on talking!" Thus Srivasa described the transcendental mellows of the pastimes of Sri Vrndavana
- His heart, having been cleansed, became a place of pastimes for the Supreme Personality of God. Thus he was able to return to the path of Krsna consciousness, spiritual life, and resume the position he had attained by the grace of the great saint Narada
- I offer my obeisances unto Him who by His pastimes enjoys the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation
- In the beginning Srivasa Thakura described the transcendental sweetness of Vrndavana's pastimes. Hearing this, the Lord felt great and increasing jubilation in His heart
- In the Satvata-tantra it is said that the third purusa incarnation, Ksirodakasayi Visnu, is situated as the Supersoul in everyone's heart. This Ksirodakasayi Visnu is an expansion of Garbhodakasayi Visnu for pastimes
- In the tad-ekatma-rupa there are pastime expansions (vilasa) and personal expansions (svamsa). Consequently there are two divisions. According to pastime and personal expansion, there are various differences
- In this age of Kali, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Bhagavan) does not appear as a lilavatara, an incarnation to display pastimes. Therefore He is known as tri-yuga
- Is He going to quit His earthly pastimes, as Devarsi Narada indicated? Has that time already arrived?
- It is by the Lord's omnipotency that He presents Himself in His real form before us and displays His pastimes, which are replicas of those pastimes found in His abode
- Lord Balarama is the original Visnu; therefore anyone remembering these pastimes of Lord Balarama in the morning and evening will certainly become a great devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and thus his life will be successful in all respects
- Lord Jagannatha is the maintainer of the whole universe. Who can carry Him from one place to another? The Lord moves by His personal will just to perform His pastimes
- Nanda Maharaja was also very happy to see the pastimes of the cowherd men and women, and he became very liberal in giving charity to the different singers who were assembled there
- No one can even estimate the extent of the unlimited demonstrations of His (Balarama) pastimes because He is all-powerful
- Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura describes the Panca-tattva as follows: The supreme energetic, the Personality of Godhead, manifesting in order to enjoy five kinds of pastimes, appears as the members of the Panca-tattva
- Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura has vividly described the pastimes of Haridasa Thakura in his Caitanya-bhagavata. Whatever has remained undescribed I shall try to explain later in this book
- Such pastimes as those of Nrsimhadeva are certainly not meant to create a fearful situation for the devotees, but nonetheless the devotees, being very simple and faithful, were afraid of the fierce incarnation of the Lord
- That literature which is full of descriptions of the transcendental glories of the name, fame, forms, pastimes, etc., of the Supreme Lord is a different creation, full of transcendental words
- That person of whom Lord Ananta is a kala, or part of a plenary part, is Lord Nityananda Prabhu. Who, therefore, can know the pastimes of Lord Nityananda?
- That purusa creates and maintains with His external energy. He creates innumerable universes in His pastimes
- The final pastimes of the Lord, occurring in His last twenty-four years, are called madhya (middle) and antya (final). All the devotees of the Lord refer to His pastimes according to these divisions
- The general yoga process entails observing the rules and regulations, practicing the different sitting postures, concentrating the mind on the vital circulation of the air and then thinking of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His Vaikuntha pastimes
- The gigantic mouth of the demon (Aghasura) remained in an open position for many days and gradually dried up; it remained a spot of pleasure pastimes for all the cowherd boys
- The holy name of Visnu is the most auspicious name, and His pastimes are also nondifferent from the holy name of the Lord
- The impersonalist theory is that Brahman Himself has accepted different types of bodies and that this is His lila, or pastime
- The Mayavadi philosopher, who does not differentiate between the Supreme Spirit and the individual spirit, says that the conditional existence of the living entity is his lila, or pastime
- The Mayavadis misuse the word and say that even if the living entity has become a stool-eating hog, he is also enjoying his pastimes
- The pastimes of Lord Rsabhadeva as a liberated soul were known by the King of Konka, Venka and Kutaka. This King's name was Arhat. He later became captivated by the illusory energy, and in this condition he set forth the basic principles of Jainism
- The sporting pastimes in the water began, and everyone started splashing water back and forth. In the tumultuous showers of water, no one could be certain which party was winning and which was losing. This sporting water fight increased unlimitedly
- The sun is always in its right orbit in the sky, but it is sometimes visible and sometimes invisible to our limited vision. Similarly, the pastimes of the Lord are always current in one universe or another
- The tad-ekatma-rupa is that form which most resembles the svayam-rupa, but there are some differences in the bodily features. The tad-ekatma-rupa is divided into two manifestations: the personal expansion (svamsa) and the pastime expansion (vilasa)
- There are innumerable universes, and the Lord is appearing in one of these universes at every moment. Therefore His pastimes are called nitya-lila, eternal pastimes
- Thereafter the Lord again and again asked him, "Speak on! Speak on!" Thus Srivasa again and again described the pastimes of Vrndavana, vividly expanding them
- These pastimes are just like the Ganges water, which flows from the toe of Lord Visnu: they purify the three worlds, the upper, middle and lower planetary systems
- They imagined it to be similar to the mouth of a great python. In other words, the boys, unafraid, thought that it was a statue made in the shape of a great python for the enjoyment of their pastimes
- This narration of Lord Rsabhadeva's pastimes is the reservoir of all auspicious things. Whoever attentively hears or speaks of them, following in the footsteps of the acaryas, will certainly attain unalloyed devotional service at the lotus feet of the SPG
- Thus I have described the pastimes of Lord Nityananda Prabhu in relation to the celebrated festival of chipped rice and yogurt
- Thus I saw such opulence in Lord Nityananda Svarupa. His wonderful form, qualities and pastimes are all transcendental
- Thus in the spiritual sky there are varieties of pastimes within the spiritual energy. Outside the Vaikuntha planets appears the impersonal reflection of light
- To describe the unlimited pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is not possible, but I now wish to relate the chief incidents and give a synopsis of those pastimes occurring at the end