Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Palate | palatable | palatably | unpalatable
- VedaBase query: palatabl* or unpalatable not "palatable dish" not "palatable dishes"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Palatable"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- Although Krsna consciousness may not be very palatable for a diseased person, Srila Rupa Gosvami nonetheless advises that if one wants to be cured of the material disease, he must take to it with great care and attention
- As it is concentrated, sugar cane juice goes through different stages - molasses, sugar, sugar candy - but the final and most palatable state is rock candy
- Double-dealing is natural for girls. When they are satisfied within, they externally show dissatisfaction. Such feminine dealings are very palatable to boys
- Due to the performance of the sacrifice, the various foods were all very palatable. After collecting a feast, they (the wives of the brahmanas) prepared to go to Krsna, their most beloved object, exactly in the way rivers flow to the sea
- He (Krsna) then snatched the bundle of chipped rice which was hanging on the shoulder of the poor brahmana, packed in one corner of his wrapper, and said, “What is this? My dear friend, you have brought Me nice, palatable chipped rice"
- He (the Supreme Lord) accepts the reproaches of His fiancees more palatably than the Vedic hymns
- However, if one accepts prasada only because of its palatable taste and thus eats too much, he also falls prey to trying to satisfy the demands of the tongue
- I am very fond of mangoes and when they are produced on our own property, then they become more palatable
- I was thinking that "What shall I do here? I have come here. As soon as I shall impose these four principles they will say, 'Go home.' " But I took that risk. I never said anything palatable
- If I want to supply you something food, it must be fresh and palatable. Then you'll enjoy. But if it is rotten, decomposed, and if we supply you that foodstuff, what you will enjoy and what you will get benefit out of it?
- If we accept the invitation of a rich man with the idea of receiving palatable food, we are also trying to satisfy the demands of the tongue
- If you live with the devotees, then these topics of transcendental subject matter becomes palatable. Otherwise it is nonpalatable. Therefore they do not like to come to the temple to hear our lecture
- In our movement Lord Visnu is worshiped in every temple according to a schedule of twenty-four hours of engagement in performing kirtana, chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, offering palatable food to Lord Visnu and distributing this food
- It is not rejecting; it is reforming. The Catholic religion also teaches love of God, or love of Christ. So if I say the truth, it will not be very palatable, but this movement is reformation
- It is social convention that if you want to speak truth, you speak truth very palatable, flattering. Don't speak unpalatable truth
- Of course we may take money for Krsna using any method of beg, borrow and steal, but more advanced understanding of Krsna consciousness process is that by telling the truth in a very palatable way, that is the most successful system
- Of course, it will not be very palatable to hear, but actually we are all thieves. We have stolen God's property. That is material life. Anyone who has got anything without sense of God, it is to be understood that he has stolen the property
- One may feel very inconvenient to discharge devotional service according to the rules and regulation of the sastra. But when he is advanced, the same service will appear to be very palatable, very relishable
- Samsara is not very palatable thing. Our Vaisnava acaryas say that samsara is just like blazing fire. It is not a very nice... Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita, duhkhalayam asasvatam
- She powdered fried grains of fine rice, moistened the powder with ghee and cooked it in a solution of sugar. Then she added camphor, black pepper, cloves, cardamom and other spices and rolled the mixture into balls that were very palatable and aromatic
- So far the picture of three-headed Brahma in the assembly of other Brahmas, I have not seen, so what can I say? Whatever is palatable to everyone, you can do it that way
- Some other foods, such as baked corn and molasses, while not very palatable in themselves, can be made pleasant when mixed with milk or other foods. They are then in the mode of goodness
- Such ecstatic love is palatable, and expert critics have compared such ecstatic love with a mixture of curd, sugar candy and a little black pepper. The combined taste is very palatable
- That (the parama-prestha-sakhis in the ecstatic dealings of Krsna and Radha they side sometimes with Krsna and at other times with Radharani) makes the exchange of mellows more palatable
- The devotee should not hear Lord Visnu or His devotees blasphemed. (19) The devotee should avoid reading or hearing newspapers or mundane books that contain stories of love affairs between men and women or subjects palatable to the senses
- The emotions created by this incident were sweeter than nectar turned into a palatable intoxicant, and the milk flowing out of their breasts was immediately drunk up by the children
- The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns. Similarly, He accepts the reproaches of His fiancees more palatably than the Vedic hymns
- The sages were properly welcomed by being offered seats and water for washing their feet. Palatable fruits, garlands of flowers, incense and sandalwood pulp were presented
- The study of compatibility and incompatibility sometimes becomes very involved, and a hint of why this is so is given as follows. When a friend meets another friend, the mellow produced out of that meeting is generally taken as very palatable
- The subject matter is so nice that the devotees who are engaged in Krsna consciousness in the transcendental loving service, they like. And in the association of pure devotees these topics become palatable. There are many instances in the Bhagavata also
- The wife prepares very palatable foods to satisfy the tongue, and when the tongue is satisfied one gains strength in the other sense organs, especially the genitals. Thus the wife gives pleasure in sexual intercourse
- The word rasatmakah is very significant. Everything becomes palatable by the agency of the Supreme Lord through the influence of the moon
- The world situation is that you can speak truth if it is palatable. And if it is unpalatable, don't speak. But this thing cannot be maintained when you are preaching spiritual life
- There is a proverb in Sanskrit that you speak truth but don't speak unpalatable truth. When you speak the truth it must be very palatable. So this social convention is not applicable to a person who is preaching the Absolute Truth
- There is no other alternative. Either serve Krsna or serve maya, that's all. So unless one is rascal, how he will accept maya's service? Maya's service is not very palatable. But maya is ready
- There were more than 900,000 big palatial buildings there to house all the people, and everyone in them respected Krsna as the most worshipable. Devotees were astonished to see the opulence of Krsna
- These tastes are like a combination of yogurt, sugar candy, ghee (clarified butter), black pepper and camphor and are as palatable as sweet nectar
- To make food antiseptic, eatable and palatable for all persons, one should offer food to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- To preach Bhagavat religion sometimes we have to quote from the sastras what is not palatable to unscrupulous so called religious persons. But in preaching we cannot do without quoting the proper verses
- Tulasi leaf eating is good. You can eat leaf, especially palatable with water. Water, that is good. But you make it, imitation tea, that means I remember tea-drinking
- We cannot water down the philosophy to make it more palatable. Our books must remain as they are
- We should always take advantage of the narrations of the activities of the Lord, which are meditations on Brahman in the most convenient and palatable form
- When he (Pariksit) learned about this, he did not think the matter very palatable. This did, however, give him a chance to fight. He took up his bow and arrows and prepared himself for military activities
- When one drinks honey, one cannot distinguish what sort of honey has been collected from what sort of flower, but the palatable taste of the honey presupposes that the honey is not homogeneous but is a combination of different tastes
- When the fish was presented to the demon Sambara, it was taken charge of by his cook, who was to make it into a palatable fish preparation
- Yogurt mixed with sugar candy, black pepper and camphor is very palatable and tasty. Similarly, when permanent ecstasy mixes with other ecstatic symptoms, it becomes unprecedentedly tasty
- You cannot stop desire. That is not possible. The kama-sambhavah... Sankalpa-vikalpabhyam vartate kama-sambhavah. This is the mind's position. I am desiring something, and if it is not very palatable, then I reject it
- You must give something more palatable. Then detachment will be possible
- You see nowadays this man, he's eating anything, the hog's intestine... Hog is eating stool, and the intestine is filled up with the stool, and they have to clear it out. When it is boiled there is a so bad smell. And that is very palatable