Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
maintainence | maintenance
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Maintenance"
The following 132 pages are in this category, out of 132 total.
- A ksatriya is allowed to kill only for maintenance of the law and order of the state; he is not allowed to kill or commit violence without reason
- A poor man is seldom puffed up with false pride, and he may be freed from all kinds of infatuation. He may remain satisfied by whatever he gets for his maintenance by the grace of the Lord
- A rich man constructs a big house by spending his energy in the shape of resources, and similarly he destroys a big house by his resources, but the maintenance is always under his personal care
- According to spiritual communism, one cannot possess more than he needs for his personal maintenance. That is the law of nature
- All the creative energies, which are inconceivable to a common man, exist in the Supreme Absolute Truth. These inconceivable energies act in the process of creation, maintenance and annihilation
- Although an attached family man is always engaged in getting money by hook or by crook for the maintenance of his family, he cannot enjoy more than what he could consume even without such criminal activities
- And (please inform me) how You, by Your own Self, manifest different energies for annihilation, generation, acceptance and maintenance by combination and permutation
- Any cruel person - be he a man, woman or impotent eunuch - who is only interested in his personal maintenance and has no compassion for other living entities may be killed by the king. Such killing can never be considered actual killing
- Any tree that produces nice fruit for the maintenance of the people should not be cut at all. This is a sastric injunction
- As for the maintenance of his family, a grhastha, while earning what he requires for his living, must be very conscientious and must not undergo extraordinary endeavor simply to accumulate money and unnecessarily increase in material comforts
- Assuming the form of Rudra, He destroys the creation. Thus creation, maintenance and dissolution are created by His will
- At the beginning of creation there are penance, myself (Brahma), & the Prajapatis, the great sages who generate; then, during the maintenance of the creation, there are Lord Visnu, the demigods with controlling powers, and the kings of different planets
- Because they have taken the wrong side. Because Bhismadeva, in spite of his becoming so learned, still, he has gone to the side of the Duryodhana, and simply for matter of getting some money, maintenance
- Birth, maintenance and death are three conditional states of the living entities who are within the material world
- Brahma, Visnu and Siva are His three incarnations of the material qualities. Creation, maintenance and destruction respectively are under the charge of these three personalities
- By intimate association with the king, the dasis would get sons. Such sons were called dasi-putras. They had no claim to a royal position, but they would get maintenance and other facilities just like princes
- Certainly He (Lord) is indirectly responsible for the creation and maintenance of this material world, but He is never responsible for the different conditions of the living entities
- Creation, maintenance and dissolution come from Him. He is the original shelter of all gross and subtle cosmic manifestations
- Everyone requires possessions such as food grains, clothing, money and other things necessary for the maintenance of the body, but one should not collect more than necessary for his actual basic needs
- Everything that is created, that must be destroyed. Your body is created from the father and mother. Now it is being maintained. So creation and maintenance, and then the time will come - it will be destroyed
- Everything which has form in this material world is subject to creation, maintenance and annihilation, but because the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, does not have a material form subject to these limitations
- Famine is not due to an increase in population, as less intelligent economists think. When human society is grateful to the Lord for all His gifts for the maintenance of the living entities, then there is certainly no scarcity or want in society
- First one should be religious, observing various rules and regulations, and then one must earn some money for maintenance of his family and the satisfaction of his senses
- For creation, maintenance and annihilation, the Supreme Lord incarnates into three - Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva - after manifesting the material cosmos
- For his bodily maintenance he would go to a brahmana's house and beg some food. He was spiritually so influential that all the neighboring people worshiped him
- Happiness in the world depends proportionately on the maintenance of the religious principles, individually or collectively. The best part of valor is to maintain the principles despite all kinds of odds
- He does not have to endeavor for His maintenance, because He is the master of all mystic powers and the proprietor of everything. Thus He is distinct from the living entities
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (1) the creation of the ingredients of the cosmos, (2) the creations of Brahma, (3) the maintenance of the creation, (4) special favor given to the faithful, (5) impetuses for activity
- However, if such persons become polluted and exhibit partiality by punishing an innocent, blameless person, where will the citizens go to take shelter for their maintenance and security?
- I offer my obeisances unto Him who by His pastimes enjoys the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation
- If an insignificant spider is so powerful as to act according to its will, why can't the Supreme Being act by His supreme will in the creation, maintenance and destruction of the cosmic manifestations?
- If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance. If I become a brahmana and completely depend on Krsna, I do not conduct a business, but nonetheless my maintenance is supplied by Krsna
- In other words, one should not bother about his personal or family maintenance or sustenance. If one is actually surrendered in body and soul, he should always remember that his only concern is to be engaged in the service of the Lord
- In the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation, the three deities Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara, or Siva, are respectively in charge
- In the material world means for your maintenance you have to work. But that work is very simple. Grow some food grains and keep some cows, take the milk, and just prepare nice foodstuff and eat
- In the material world one has to work for the maintenance of the body and soul, but how can one perform such work in a way that is favorable for the execution of Krsna consciousness
- It is advised in the Vedic literatures that one should take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the Lord of the universe and the master of creation, maintenance and dissolution
- It is the characteristic of a devotee to observe and protect the Vaisnava etiquette. Maintenance of the Vaisnava etiquette is the ornament of a devotee
- It was the duty of Daksa to look after the maintenance and comforts of all living entities because he was situated as Prajapati, the governor of all living entities
- Krsna further explained to His father, "This cosmic manifestation is going on under the influence of three modes of material nature - goodness, passion and ignorance. These three modes are the causes of creation, maintenance and destruction"
- Krsna is appearing just for the maintenance of this manifestation. Actually the Supreme Cause is one, but less intelligent persons, being deluded by the three modes of material nature, see that the material world is manifested through different causes
- Krsna replied, "All material bodies are subject to these six conditions (growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance) & any relative acquisitions accumulated by this body are definitely subject to final destruction"
- Krsna replied, "Every one of you (Kings) must understand that anything material has its starting point, growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance"
- Krsna said, "At the creation of this cosmic manifestation, during its maintenance and after its dissolution, everything is but a different manifestation of My energy"
- Kunti & Madri, decided that Kunti should live for the maintenance of the Pandavas, & Madri should accept the sati rituals by meeting voluntary death along with her husband. This agreement was endorsed by great sages like Satasrnga
- Material actions and reactions, as the material scientist can superficially observe, are not basically ultimate truth in regard to creation, maintenance and destruction
- Material sense gratification is now the standard of civilization. For the maintenance of such material civilizations, man has formed complex nations and communities, and there is a constant strain of hot and cold wars between these different groups
- My dear Lord, although personally You have nothing to do, You have distributed Your energies in the interactions of the material modes of nature, and for that reason the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation take place
- My Lord, You manifest as many incarnations as there are species of life, namely the aquatics, the vegetables, the reptiles, the birds, the beasts, the men, the demigods, etc., just for the maintenance of the faithful and the annihilation of the unfaithful
- Narada Muni then asked the hunter, 'My dear Vaisnava, do you have some income for your maintenance?' The hunter replied, 'My dear spiritual master, whoever you send gives me something when he comes to see me'
- No one should claim to be the proprietor of anything; one should accept only things which are set aside for him by the Lord as his quota for his maintenance
- Not that we should use all collected money for maintenance. Better to print books and distribute
- O Lord, You assume incarnations for the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation, and therefore we all take shelter of Your lotus feet because they always award remembrance and courage to Your devotees
- O pure-hearted ones, your father, Pracinabarhi, & the Supreme Personality of Godhead have ordered you to generate population. Therefore how can you burn to ashes these trees & herbs, which are needed for the maintenance of your subjects and descendants?
- O sage, kindly narrate how the SPG, who is the independent, desireless Lord of the three worlds & the controller of all energies, accepts incarnations & creates the cosmic manifestation with perfectly arranged regulative principles for its maintenance
- On the platform of conjugal love, attachment for Krsna, rendering service unto Him, the relaxed feelings of fraternity and the feelings of maintenance all increase in intimacy
- On the platform of parental love, the qualities of santa-rasa, dasya-rasa and sakhya-rasa are transformed into a form of service called maintenance
- One should practice nonviolence and truthfulness, should avoid thieving and be satisfied with possessing as much as he needs for his maintenance
- One should surrender to the Lord as much as an animal purchased from the market surrenders to its master. Such an animal never thinks of his maintenance because he knows that his master will look after him
- One who is in full knowledge should divide his accumulated wealth in five parts - for religion, for reputation, for opulence, for sense gratification and for the maintenance of his family members
- One who is in full knowledge should divide his accumulated wealth in five parts - for religion, for reputation, for opulence, for sense gratification and for the maintenance of his family members. Such a person is happy in this world and in the next
- One who takes foodstuff after a performance of sacrifice eats real food for proper maintenance of the body and soul, but one who cooks for himself and does not perform any sacrifice eats only lumps of sin in the shape of foodstuffs
- Out of fear of the SPG, the directing demigods in charge of the modes of material nature carry out the functions of creation, maintenance and destruction; everything animate and inanimate within this material world is under their control
- Rich men get the opportunity that they haven't got to think over much about the maintenance of the body and soul together. Ordinary men, they have to seek how to earn the bread. Problem of bread is there
- Rudra was advised not to destroy while the period of creation and maintenance was going on, but to situate himself in penance and wait for the time of dissolution, when his services would be called for
- Sankarsana is the master of integration and disintegration, whereas Pradyumna, another feature of Lord Vasudeva, is responsible for universal growth and maintenance
- So for maintaining the Gurukula at least the cost price for the books must be paid. Gurukula can take the profit for its maintenance. BBT cannot pay for maintenance of the temples. BBT can only pay for printing and temple properties and construction
- Social status, mental development, cleanliness, austerity, nourishment and the struggle for existence are all for the maintenance of the body
- That fragment of the Supreme Lord, known as the Maha-purusa, appears for the purpose of creation, maintenance and annihilation and is called an incarnation
- That purusa (Karanodakasayi Visnu) is the performer of creation, maintenance and destruction. He manifests Himself in many incarnations, for He is the maintainer of the world
- The Almighty - for creation, maintenance and dissolution, and we three have grown with many branches. Therefore I offer my obeisances unto You, the tree of the cosmic manifestation
- The answer is there in the Bhagavad-gita, that anyone who is simply engaged in Krsna consciousness, for his necessities of life Krsna will look after. Krsna is looking after for everyone's maintenance. Eko yo bahunam vidadhati kaman
- The Bhagavad-gita confirms that the devotee always absorbed in Krsna consciousness has no anxieties for his maintenance or protection. Being constantly absorbed in Krsna consciousness, he ultimately achieves the highest perfection
- The brahmanas were not only given well-fed cows in charity, but also gold, gold coins, bedding, clothing, animal-skin seats, blankets, horses, elephants, girls and sufficient land for maintenance
- The culture of spiritual knowledge necessitates the help of the body and mind; therefore maintenance of the body and mind is required if we are to reach our goal
- The generations of Rudra, the incarnation of anger, were so dangerous to the maintenance of universal affairs that even Brahma, the father of the living entities, became afraid of them
- The gross matters are adhibhutam, their maintenance is adhidaivam, and the initiator of material activities is called adhyatmam
- The King repented having banished his boy, for Dhruva was only five years old and a father should not banish his wife and children or neglect their maintenance
- The Kurus said, "Our dear Lord (Balarama), You have appeared on this earth in Your transcendental body just for the maintenance of the cosmic situation. You are above all anger, envy and enmity"
- The learned brahmanas, who had no other source of income, were completely dependent on the vaisya community for their maintenance, and they received gifts on such festive occasions as birthdays and marriages
- The living beings remain asleep within the body of the Lord until there is another creation of the material world, and that is the way of the creation, maintenance and annihilation of the material manifestation
- The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The Lord is the object of maintenance, like a son, and therefore this mellow is full of the qualities of four rasas - santa-rasa, dasya-rasa, fraternity and parental love. This is more transcendental nectar
- The Lord said, "You drink cows' milk; therefore the cow is your mother. And the bull produces grains for your maintenance; therefore he is your father
- The Lord says that everything is resting on Him (mat-sthani sarva-bhutani). This should not be misunderstood. The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation
- The mellow of parenthood puts the devotee in the position of a maintainer. Indeed, without formality the devotee takes the position of maintainer and regards the Lord as the object of maintenance
- The one Supreme Being, Krsna, maintains everyone. Our so-called source of income is our own choice only. If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance
- The partial manifestations of His personality are Brahma, Visnu and Siva, who are in charge of the creation, maintenance and annihilation of this universe. He is like the two threads that form the length and breadth of a woven cloth
- The source of our income is not actually the source of our maintenance. Every living being - from the great Brahma down to an insignificant ant - is being maintained by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Supreme Lord enters the material cosmos and causes creation, maintenance and destruction in their due course, whereas the part-and-parcel living entity enters the material elements and has his material body created for him
- The Supreme Lord in His form of Rudra (Lord Siva) brings about the dissolution of this material creation. In other words, only by His will are there creation, maintenance and dissolution of the whole cosmic manifestation
- The twenty-four elements of which this material universe is a temporary manifestation are arranged to produce everything necessary for the maintenance and subsistence of this universe
- The twenty-four elements of which this material universe is a temporary manifestation, according to Sankhya philosophy, are completely adjusted to produce complete resources which are necessary for the maintenance and subsistence of this universe
- The Vaisnava philosoph recommends yukta-vairagya. It is not that all attention should be diverted for the maintenance of the body, but at the same time one's bodily maintenance should not be neglected
- The Vaisnava philosophy recommends yukta-vairagya. It is not that all attention should be diverted for the maintenance of the body, but at the same time one's bodily maintenance should not be neglected
- The Vedanta philosophy mentions that Brahman is the fountainhead of all creation, maintenance and destruction
- The wealth of the world actually belongs to Krsna, and every living entity, man and animal, has the birthright to use God's property for his maintenance
- The whole creation ultimately rests in the Supreme Lord. He is the cause of creation, maintenance and dissolution. And when the whole manifestation is dissolved, in its subtle form as the Supreme Lord’s energy it rests within His body
- The whole process of the creation, maintenance and dissolution of the cosmic manifestation is meant to give the conditioned souls a chance to go back home, back to Godhead
- The world is not false. Factually we have to take so many things from the world for our maintenance, so how we can say that the world is false? Similarly, how can one think of the Lord as being without form?
- Then, as the Supersoul, He enters each body and influences the qualities of creation, maintenance and annihilation, using sattva-guna for maintenance, rajo-guna for creation and tamo-guna for annihilation
- There the devotee says, "My dear Lord, as a sold-out animal has no need to think about his maintenance and sustenance, so, because I have given up my body and soul unto You, I am no longer concerned with my maintenance and sustenance"
- They are also already divided. But the culture diminished. Because the center of culture was India, Delhi. So as the power diminished, the maintenance of the culture diminished, and by contact with other types of aboriginal, they learned eating meat
- Those transcendental planets (Vaikunthalokas) are of a different nature altogether, and that nature is not subjected to the rules and regulations of material creation, maintenance or annihilation
- Those who are householder, family men, they may have some deposit for emergency. Otherwise, those who are renounced order, those who are brahmacari, for them to keep money separately for his maintenance or for accumulating bank balance is not allowed
- Two co-wives, namely Kunti and Madri, decided that Kunti should live for the maintenance of the five minor children, the Pandavas, and Madri should accept the sati rituals by meeting voluntary death along with her husband
- Vasudeva continued to say that the maintenance of religious principles, economic development and the satisfactory execution of meeting the demands of the senses depend on cooperation among relatives, nations and all humanity
- Vedic instructions and sensible arguments establish that the Lord’s maintaining the cosmic manifestation and simultaneously being indifferent to the activities of its maintenance cannot be contradictory, because of His inconceivable energies
- Vegetable diets and milk are sufficient for maintenance of the human body, and therefore one has no need to eat anything more to satisfy the palate
- Vrtrasura continued: O Indra, no one is guaranteed of being always victorious but the original enjoyer, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Bhagavan. He is the cause of creation, maintenance and annihilation, and He knows everything
- We are believer in God. You see. So we know God is the original father. He is supplying maintenance for everyone. So there is no question of increasing population
- We can produce sufficient food grains for our maintenance, and the whole world has got sufficient land. I have traveled over the world at least fourteen times
- We haven't got to ask anything. Krsna, God, has made ample arrangement for our maintenance
- We require some income for our maintenance. So this was the brahmana's business. There is no question of doing some business or making some profession or going to the office or going to the factory. This is not brahmana's business
- When all the devotees from Bengal arrived, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu allotted them residential quarters, and Sivananda Sena was put in charge of their maintenance
- When food grains are sufficiently produced, both animals and human beings can be nourished without difficulty for their maintenance. This is nature's arrangement
- When human society is grateful to the Lord for all His gifts for the maintenance of the living entities, then there is certainly no scarcity or want in society
- When one takes more than his maintenance requires-be he a capitalist or a communist-he is a thief, and as such he is liable to be punished by the laws of nature
- When Sri Krsna appeared, Visnu, the Lord of maintenance, merged with Him because all the plenary portions and parts of the absolute Personality of Godhead merge with Him during His appearance