Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Mahatma - Devotees of God
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Mahatma - Devotees of God"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- A devotee, a mahatma, is good heart. How he is good heart? He sees everyone that "This living entity," especially human being, "he is engrossed in the clutches of maya. He is suffering. Let me try to make him understand Krsna consciousness"
- A factual devotee, or mahatma, does not give anything material to anyone because he has already left all material assets. He can, however, deliver the supreme asset, namely the Personality of Godhead, because He is the only property of a factual devotee
- All the members of the Pandava family were mahatmas in household life. Maharaja Yudhisthira was the head of these mahatmas, and Queen Kuntidevi was the mother
- Krsna also wants somebody friendly. It doesn't matter whether he is a sannyasi or grhastha. So any grhastha, whose only aim is how to keep friendship with Krsna, he is also mahat, mahatma
- Krsna continued, "If one happens to meet a great devotee, a mahatma who is a representative of the Personality of Godhead, one is immediately purified"
- The Bhagavad-gita directs us (7.19) that after many, many births one fortunate person becomes aware of the fact that Vasudeva is all in all and that the best way of leading one's life is to surrender unto Him completely. That is the sign of a mahatma
- The lessons of the Bhagavad-gita and all the Puranas, specifically the Bhagavata Purana, are therefore inevitably connected with the history of the Pandava mahatmas. For them, separation from the Lord was just like the separation of a fish from water
- The mahatmas are the pure devotees who are on the path to Vaikuntha, the kingdom of God, and who always chant and hear the glories of the Lord rather than talk of dry, profitless philosophy
- The servants of God are to be respected as God by the devotees who actually want to go back to Godhead. Such servants of God are called mahatmas, or tirthas, and they preach according to particular time and place
- The symptom of mahatma is that he knows that the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, is the original Personality of Godhead, and He is the fountainhead and source of all emanation
- Those who are in Krsna consciousness, they are liberal. And those who are acting for his own benefit, they are miser. They are mahatmas who are working for Krsna