Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
loss | losses
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Defeat (18 C, 202 P)
- ► God Never Loses (1 P)
- ► Krsna Never Loses (1 P)
- ► Radharani's Losses (1 P)
Pages in category "Loss"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total.
- A dog cannot be educated to understand God but a man can be. So if this human life is misused in the matter of animal propensities then it is a great loss. His propensities for understanding God should be aroused that is real education
- A few cases have happened also that joined, being nice, but all of a sudden drifted from our Society. So Narada Muni advised that even some, sometimes somebody may not continue, but falls down, there is no loss
- A regular and successful practice of the above fourteen items will enable the candidate to maintain mental equilibrium even amidst great trials of material loss and gain
- A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- A servant has no individual independence. He acts only on the order of the master. A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- Adhyatmic, pertaining to the body. And another part of this adhyatmic misery is due to the mind. Suppose I have suffered a great loss. So the mind is not in good condition
- After the incidents concerning the loss of his many sons, Daksa repented his misunderstanding with Narada Muni
- All the devotees should be satisfied. They have given their lives to Krishna, so we should see they are always happy. Their service is voluntary. It is not that we can force anyone to do anything. If we do they will go away and that is a great loss
- Although I have committed an offense by insulting you, I know that there is no loss or gain for you due to my insult. You are fixed in your determination, but I have committed an offense
- Although she knew all the truths of life and death, and although her heart was cleansed of all dirt, she was very aggrieved at the loss of her son, just as a cow is affected when her calf dies
- An ignorant living being does not recognize his actual profit. Because of ignorance and material pride, he sometimes considers profit a loss, but when his pride is cut down he can actually see his true benefit
- As she (Krtadyuti) lamented the loss of her son, her loud crying resembled the sweet sound of a kurari bird
- As we have already explained, the basic principle of Krsna consciousness is to always think of Krsna. One should not be disturbed in material loss, but, rather, should concentrate his mind upon the lotus feet of the Lord
- At this (dhrti) stage one is not perturbed by any amount of loss, nor does anything appear to be unachieved by him
- Bali Maharaja was very glad to receive the Lord's remaining step upon his head, and thus Bali Maharaja, instead of losing everything he possessed, was blessed by the Lord's becoming his constant companion and doorman
- By this agitation our position will be improved. Prahlada Maharaja was suppressed in so many means. What was loss on his part? He improved more and more, more and more
- Do thou fight for the sake of fighting, without considering happiness or distress, loss or gain, victory or defeat - and, by so doing, you shall never incur sin. BG 2.38 - 1972
- Draupadi, the mother of the five children of the Pandavas, after hearing of the massacre of her sons, began to cry in distress with eyes full of tears. Trying to pacify her in her great loss, Arjuna spoke to her thus
- Endeavors merely for sense gratification or material happiness through economic development are not to be performed, for they result only in a loss of time and energy, with no actual profit
- Even if one falls down, there is no loss. One's devotional activities may be stunned or choked for the time being, but as soon as there is another chance, the practitioner begins from the point where he left off
- Even if such an immature devotee falls down, there is no loss on his part. On the other hand, what is the gain of one who executes the prescribed duties according to his varna and asrama but does not take to devotional service
- Even in ordinary activities, we first consider gain and loss, and then we act. Similarly, an intelligent person must consider the entire process of material existence and then act intelligently, following the directions of the bona fide spiritual master
- Excessive attachment for material things puts a man in such a bewildering condition of existence. Such fearfulness and loss of mental equilibrium take place in persons who are too affected by material conditions
- I must give you the message. It is very important message. Those of you who are feeling frustration and confused, kindly take to this chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, that's all. You... There is no expenditure, there is no loss
- I think that all these earthly disturbances indicate some greater loss to the good fortune of the world. The world was fortunate to have been marked with the footprints of the lotus feet of the Lord. These signs indicate that this will no longer be
- I very much regret for the loss of your good wife. I always remember her because she was so kind upon me when I used to visit your house. She was so affectionately feeding me, so I felt very much when I learned that she is no more in this world
- If a person possessing millions of wish-fulfilling cows loses one she-goat, he does not consider the loss. Krsna owns all six opulences in full. If the entire material energy is destroyed, what does He lose
- If a person, out of sentiment or for some other reason, takes to the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and in due course of time does not succeed in coming to the ultimate goal of life or falls down due to lack of experience, there is no loss
- If unkind Providence takes away my wife, who is half my body, why should He not take me also? What is the use of my living with half of my body, bereaved by loss of my wife? What shall I gain in this way?
- If we neglect somehow or other and if we lose even one Vaisnava, that is very great loss
- If you accept this chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, whole Europeans will follow you. If you chant this Hare Krsna mantra, you haven't got to pay any fee, neither you will lose anything. There is no loss, but the gain is very much
- If you manufacture whims and disagree and fight amongst yourself, then it will be another edition of these so-called movements. It will lose the spiritual strength. Always remember it
- In the university sometimes some particular class is maintained even at a loss
- In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear. BG 2.40 - 1972
- In whatever occupation you are, remain there. There is no need of changing. But namasraya kari. If you remain a grhastha, what is your loss if you chant Hare Krsna maha-mantra? And if there is gain, why don't you take it? Simple thing
- Is it very difficult to be engaged in the service of the Lord? Not at all. Not at all. Why? You are seeing Krsna here, and you can think of this Krsna always. There is no tax and there is no loss
- Kesava Chatri said, "Out of jealousy your Muslim servant plots against Him. I think that you should not be very interested in Him, for there is no profit in it. Rather, there is simply loss"
- Krsna consciousness is a scientific execution of transcendental activities which enables one to return home, back to Godhead. There is no loss of energy in acting in such a transcendental way
- Krsna knows no loss, He knows no defamation, He has no fear, He has no anxiety, and He does not know calamity. He is simply encircled by the dancers of Vraja and is enjoying their company in the rasa dance
- Krsna replied, "Everyone takes birth in this material world in continuation of his previous life, and thus he is subject to the stringent laws of nature, such as birth and death, distress and happiness, profit and loss"
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: O godly personality (Narada), I do not know where my two uncles have gone. Nor can I find my ascetic aunt who is grief-stricken by the loss of all her sons
- Material suicide causes loss of the physical body, and spiritual suicide causes loss of the individual identity
- My dear King, you are an advanced devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. To be absorbed in lamentation for the loss of something material is unsuitable for a person like you
- My fear is that after training our men so much, if he's lost, that's a great loss. Then future of society becomes very hopeless
- My Lord, if an insignificant insect like me dies, what is the loss? If an ant dies, where is the loss to the material world
- Of the millions of mustard seeds floating in that pot, if one seed is lost, the loss is not at all significant. Similarly, if one universe is lost, it is not significant to Lord Krsna
- One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss
- Our main business is how to become Krsna conscious. This is the main business of human life. But if we waste our time for material improvement, and forget chanting, then that is loss, great loss
- Our position is when we get some profit we are very jubilant, but when we are losing something we are very morose, unhappy. But a mahanta is equipoised. He is neither very happy when he makes profit, neither at all sorry when he makes losses
- Our standard of purity must be kept, otherwise there will be loss of spiritual strength, and subsequent fall down
- Padma Purana states, "Even if there is some material loss, one should not be perturbed, but should always think of Krsna within Himself"
- Persons who are too sexually inclined and materialistic become so hardhearted because of a slight loss of prestige that they can tolerate even the death of their children
- Prajapati Daksa, who was very sad at the loss of his sons (the Haryasvas), begot one thousand more sons in the womb of his wife, Pancajani, and ordered them to increase progeny
- Rati continued, "She (Rukmini-devi) is very affectionate toward you, and since you have been taken away from her, she has been living like a cow aggrieved over the loss of its calf"
- Receiving Krsna, the Pandavas were enlivened, just as if awakened from unconsciousness or loss of life. When a man is lying unconscious, his senses and the different parts of his body are inactive
- Rupa Gosvami's instructions, One should not be under the spell of lamentation in loss or tribulation in gain. 7) One should not disrespect the demigods. 8) One should not give unnecessary trouble to any living entity
- Severe austerities for temporary gains are simply a waste of time and energy. Material loss and gain are destined in accordance with the formation of each particular body
- She (Rukmini) did not want it to be at the loss of her elder brother (Rukmi), who, after all, loved his young sister and wanted to hand her over to one who, according to his own calculations, was a better man
- Sri Visvarupa said: O demigods, although the acceptance of priesthood is decried as causing the loss of previously acquired brahminical power, how can someone like me refuse to accept your personal request?
- Straightforwardness in Ordinary Dealings. There is a statement in the Padma Purana, "Persons who are engaged in Krsna consciousness should never be disturbed by some material gain or loss"
- The benediction of the Lord, bhagavat-prasada, is never to be lost. It is simply to be enjoyed. There is no question of loss. One simply gains and enjoys gaining
- The evil spirits like Bhutas, Pretas, Pisacas, Yaksas, Raksasas and Vinayakas, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams
- The material world constitutes only one-fourth of His creative energy. If, according to the desire of the devotee, the Lord completely destroys the creation, He is so opulent that He will not mind the loss
- The sleeping condition means loss of all knowledge
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is present in everyone's heart, simply gives the results of the increase in the various qualities, but He is impartial. He supervises victory and loss, but He does not take part in them
- The udumbara tree is filled with millions of fruits, and if one falls down and is destroyed, the tree does not even consider the loss
- There can be no loss for either the mystic or the karma-yogi in his attempt to perfect transcendental activities. And the gain is always assured, even if the process is only partially completed
- There is no loss in serving the cows and calves, but modern human society has become so degraded that instead of giving protection to the cows and serving them, people are killing them
- Therefore none of you should be aggrieved for the loss of the body - whether your own or those of others. Only in ignorance does one make bodily distinctions, thinking "Who am I? Who are the others? What is mine? What is for others?"
- They (Dhrtarastra and Gandhari) were passing their days in great agony over such a heavy loss of life and were practically living the life of ascetics
- They (men and women of this present civilization) do not know that without self-realization they suffer the greatest loss in the human form of life
- They (the gopis) were simply thinking of the pastimes of Krsna in great love and affection. Being absorbed in thought of Him, they experienced loss of memory, and with dampened eyes they began to see the very pastimes of Krsna
- Things are deteriorating on account of the loss of God consciousness. This simple method of chanting the Hare Krsna Maha Mantra will awaken God consciousness
- This is the material world. As soon as you get some profit here, another side loss. As soon as you want to construct a big skyscraper, another side, digging earth. Otherwise, where you get? You cannot create
- This offering obeisances to Krsna will not go in vain. It will have effect. So it is inexpensive. It is very simple, without any loss
- This series of footprints show a person like me, who am bereaved due to loss of the deer, how the animal has passed through the forest and how I can regain my lost wealth
- Thus he remains at home just like a pet dog & eats whatever is so negligently given to him. Afflicted with many illnesses, such as dyspepsia and loss of appetite, he eats only very small morsels of food, & he becomes an invalid, who cannot work any more
- To earn money is also troublesome. To keep money also troublesome. And when it is lost, that is also troublesome. This is the position. But there is no such thing, loss, but the anxiety is there
- To say nothing of one universal mustard seed, even if all the universes and the material energy (maya) are destroyed, Krsna does not even consider the loss
- We have both come to relieve you from this false lamentation, which is due to your being merged in the darkness of ignorance. For those who are advanced in spiritual knowledge to be affected by material loss and gain is not at all desirable
- We shall not allow us to fall down, but even if we fall down, there is no loss. But that does not mean I shall be slack and allow me to fall down. Yes. We must be very serious. That should be our motto
- We should take up the words from the spiritual master as our life and soul. We should try to carry out the instruction, the specific instruction of the spiritual master, very rigidly, without caring for our personal benefit or loss
- When one is captured by despondency, thoughts, tears, loss of bodily luster, humility and heavy breathing result
- When she saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demonic woman, Mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- When the living entity is in deep sleep, when he faints, when there is some great shock on account of severe loss, at the time of death, or when the body temperature is very high, the movement of the life air is arrested
- When there is gain, don't be puffed up. You should think that this gain is for the Lord. And when there is loss, you should know that "This is not my responsibility. It is God's work. He'll see." Then you'll be happy
- When Yasoda saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demoniac woman, mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- Witches like Kotara, Revati, Jyestha, Putana and Matrka, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams