"like this" | "like that"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God Should Be Like This (1 P)
Pages in category "Like This"
The following 155 pages are in this category, out of 155 total.
- A person influenced like this (misunderstanding this material body to be his self) engages in enmity only due to the material body. Being engaged in such activities, we forget our eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- All the presidents of our centers should see that all the members are strictly observing the brahminical standards, such as rising early, cleansing at least twice daily, reading profusely, attending arati, like that
- Along with the restaurants there can be "Bhaktivedanta Reading Room'' where all my books can be kept and people can come and sit comfortably and read. The people will like these restaurants and reading rooms. They will take them as non-sectarian
- Although a father, mother, brother or friend may sometimes punish one as a well-wisher, they never punish their subordinate like this. But because You are the most worshipable Lord, I regard the punishment You have given me as most exalted
- Any fruit you require, or even kacauri, you can get. That is called kalpa-vrksa. There are trees like that
- As soon as there is comet, there will be some disaster. Very great disaster. In our childhood we saw the comet, not this like. That was small comet. Still, the first world war was there declared
- At night, you go to sleep. So that is a sort of death. And again you get up in the morning. So death is something like that
- Atyaharah prayasah, prajalpah, talking all nonsense, sitting together and on the newspaper, "Oh, such politician said like this, such social worker..." All nonsense
- Balarama said, "They (the Yadus) were preparing to attack the whole kingdom of the Kuru dynasty, but I pacified them and took the trouble to come here to settle the affair without any fighting. Yet these rascals behave like this"
- Because we cannot explain something, we dismiss the whole thing. "There is void, nothing. Void." Because my mind, my intelligence, cannot go so far, we say, "Perhaps, maybe it was like this." So this is all mental speculation
- Bhattacarya, if you continue to speak like this, you will never see Me here again. Therefore you should never let such a request come from your mouth
- Don't think that because you are teaching a sudra how to work like this, you have become a sudra. You are not sudras, any circumstances. Even though you teach to a sudra how to work like a sudra
- Drabya means vegetables, etc. And this Drabyamulyena Suddhati is only in special cases like this. It is not to done ordinarily, or unless in special circumstance. We should prepare our own foodstuff and offer as much as possible, of course
- Enclosed are some photographs of a lake here where I take morning walk. Now I want that our lake in Mayapur should be like this
- Eternally conditioned means we do not know when we have been conditioned like this. It is not possible to trace out the history
- Every man should act like this: when he meets a person more qualified than himself, he should be very pleased; with someone less qualified than himself, he should be compassionate toward him; and with someone equal to himself, he should make friendship
- Every work which you are doing, good or bad, we have to suffer or enjoy the reaction of our work. And so long we have to suffer or enjoy the reaction of our work, as long as we shall go on like this, so long we have to accept this material body
- Everyone is born sudra by birth. It is not that by birth one becomes brahmana; otherwise the sastra would not have stated like this, that janmana jayate sudrah, "By birth everyone is sudra."
- Following Krishna's orders means chanting daily 16 rounds, following the four rules and regulations, rising early, associating with devotees, like that. Unless these principles are followed, we cannot expect Krishna's protection
- From atheistic point of view, you see that "Why these people are bothering like this? They have taken a brass idol and wasting time after it?" They can say like that. Because they have no love for Krsna
- Go on like this, transcendental rivalry, just like San Francisco and Los Angeles, this pleases me very much. But it is not that we are envious
- Guru Maharaja, he saw this. Now I remember those days, when he was instructing, "Do like this. Do like this." At that time, I could not understand. "Oh, why he's talking to me?"
- He said, "My dear fisherman, why are you behaving like this? Have you seen someone hereabouts? What is the cause of your behavior? Please tell us"
- Hero means someone who others want to follow as example of the best type of person. So you all become like that, perfect examples of Krishna Consciousness heroes and heroines, and preach the message exactly as I have taught it to you
- I am pleased that you are making serious study of our Krishna philosophy, so I want that you go on like this until you will able to defeat any challenge from atheists and rascals, then your preaching work will have real potency
- I am praying simply that all of you, my advanced disciples, GBC men, sannyasis, temple officers, like that, that all of you will become sober-minded and feeling always very much responsible how the things will go on as I have given them
- I am saying this from my practical experience from my Guru Maharaja, from my spiritual master. He would never say that "I am going," "I am doing," no. "If Krsna desires, then I shall do it." "If Krsna desires, then I shall go." Like that
- I am very glad that you have developed these nice sentiments and now you are living with other devotees. If you continue like this I am sure you will make rapid progress in Krishna Consciousness
- I am very much pleased to hear that you are distributing so much of our literature and books and I think if you go on like this that very soon you will become the number one book distributers in the whole world
- I am very much stressing nowadays that my students shall increase their reading of my books and try to understand them from different angles of vision. Each sloka can be seen from many, many angles of vision, so become practiced in seeing things like this
- I am, lying down like this, comfortable
- I came to preach Krsna consciousness, and Krsna has sent so many representatives to help me. I consider like that. Without your help I could not do
- I do not know what is Krishna's desire, but I have chalked out my program like this. Pray to Krishna that He may give me strength to render some service to you and to the humanity at large
- I do not want immediately a very large storefront or anything like that; I simply want that a center may immediately be started in Berlin and gradually we will try to develop it
- I have included one photograph of our proposed skyscraper to be built up in Los Angeles at ISKCON World Headquarters, and so I want that our skyscraper in Juhu should also be looking like this
- I made the GBC to give me relief, but if you do like this, then where is the relief. It is anxiety for me. This is the difficulty, that as soon as one gets power, he becomes whimsical and spoils everything. What can I do?
- I once had a dream like this; that we would have a moving temple on the water, going from town to town
- I reached Boston as scheduled on December 21st, and there was a good reception by the devotees for Krishna's servant. The newspaper article published remarked on this occasion that "in the Logan Airport there has never been anything like this."
- I want that our lake in Mayapur should be like this. You can make the stone stairway on four sides, one at each end and one at the middle of each side
- I would have collected millions of dollars if I would have cheated like that. But I do not want that. I want one student who follows my instruction. I don't want millions
- I'm very much obliged to you that you write to say, "It is clear to me that you are great powerful Acarya in the Vaisnava world at present." Sometimes Sridhara Maharaja also says like that. So, actually if you are feeling like that let us work conjointly
- If any Vaisnava is writing song about Krishna, he should have realized himself what is Krishna, just like our great saints and acaryas like Madhvacarya, Ramanujacarya, Rupa Goswami, six Gosvamis, Bilvamangala, Bhaktivinode Thakura, like that
- If our attachment for Krsna is not yet developed, and there is still attraction for the ordinary life of householder life, together with friends, family, children, working, like that, that is all right
- If our preaching work is neglected, or if we fall down in following the regulative principles such as rising before four, chanting 16 rounds, like that, if these things are not strictly observed then maya will enter and spoil everything
- If there is some incident and I claim that no one is cooperating with me or no one will work with me, that is my defect, not theirs. The Vaisnava devotee must think like this
- If we say that your God is like this and our God is like that, then there will be great disturbance. Simply speak on general topics. Then let them read our literature and ask questions. In this way try to push on our missionary activities
- If we simply stick to this programme as I have done it since the beginning, namely, kirtana, preaching, kirtana, distribution of prasadam - if you do like this only that will be sufficient
- If wife is there, then some money must be coming, that means work, land or factory, children, home, friends, community, nation, like that there is increasing complication of illusion of thinking: This is mine, that is mine
- If you continue with enthusiasm like this within three or four months you can liquidate the amount. This will be a great credit for you
- If you find this work of transcribing from recorded tapes interesting, you will have ample opportunity to work on this. There are many tapes like this in New York, Boston, and maybe in other places also
- If you say like that, "What Krsna says is all right," that will please me. We don't want to adulterate and bluff
- If you simply exact your senses, your nice brain, "Krsna is like this, Krsna is like that," but if you are not a devotee, Krsna will not reveal Himself
- If you want to honor me, you will do like this and then I can truly be called the guru of the Americans. Otherwise, it is simply a dishonor to me
- If you want to know me, you can imagine so many things: "Swamiji may be this. Swamiji may be that, like that, like this, like that." They are all imperfect. But if I tell you about myself openly that "I am like this," then your knowledge is perfect
- If your prayers are sincere then Krishna will accept them and if Krishna accepts them then automatically I accept them, and if I accept them then automatically Krishna accepts them. So like this Krishna is everywhere
- If your wife keeps herself peaceful living separately from you, I think you can arrange for the time being like that, but in my opinion, this business of separation may not be developed into a case of divorce
- In future if you become a shrub like this, what you are going to do for that? This may be also your future. Now there are so many hells for different kinds of sinful activities
- In London at the Vyasa Puja ceremony during the offering of flowers you, Syamasundara and Mukunda left the room. So questioned by a devotee I might have said something like that. But forget it now
- In other words, He is Lord Krsna Himself teaching the living entities the proper way to approach Krsna. He is like a teacher who, seeing a student doing poorly, takes up a pencil and writes, saying, "Do it like this: A, B, C"
- In our Brahma, Vaisnava sannyasa, there is little leniency. Because they live in Krsna, so there is no need of very strict, rigid following. Although it is stated that they should live like this
- In your country hundreds of temples like this must be opened. Town to town, village to village
- It is not that we don't touch machine. We don't say like that. But we want to be self-sufficient. That is our point
- It is so gratifying that you have already saved $600 for the improvement of the temple. So I am very much pleased. Go on working like this and Krishna will give you ample money - there is no scarcity
- It is understood that Maharishi Mahesa says that one can drink, and at the same time make advancement in meditation, is clearly a cheating process. But what can be done, your countrymen also wants to be cheated like that
- Just like in, in ordinary dealings, in our family affairs. The husband gives order, wife: "You should manage like this. You should do like this." Similarly prakrti, we are all prakrtis, we are abide by the orders of the Supreme
- Just like this cow. Just see. What does it know? He's an animal. You see? But the calf knows to brush his head and tongue like this, in love. It is doing and Krsna accepting, "Yes." That is expert
- Just try to understand like this. Here (in the material world) everything is by the expansion of Krsna's material energy. And there (in the spiritual world), everything is there by His spiritual energy. That's all
- Just try to understand. Future means like this: nature's law, and it will happen
- Krsna consciousness is not a thing as you are taught technology or mathematics or like that. It is already there. Simply we have to revive it
- Krsna consciousness is not like that, sentiment. Everything scientific, practical, for the good of the whole human society
- Krsna continued, "I am very sorry for it. I expected your (Rukmini's) red lips would tremble in anger when you heard My statement that you would chastise Me in many words. O perfection of love, I never expected that your condition would be like this"
- Krsna does not say that you have to become like this, like that, like that, then you can serve Him. Does not say
- Krsna five thousand years ago appeared on this planet, but still He's famous. His worship is going on still. In India there are hundreds and thousands of temples like this. Not only in India, now outside India there are least hundreds of temples like this
- Krsna is ready to accept from you a little bit of water, flower, leaf, or fruit. Practically it has no value, but when you begin to give to Krsna, then gradually a time will come when you'll be prepared to give everything to Krsna like the gopis
- Krsna is there, and Krsna is explaining Himself, "I am like this." But unfortunately we'll not understand Krsna, but we'll try to speculate what is God. This is our disease
- Krsna said, "Kindly forbid Her from this devious policy of putting Her face near Mine." When Krsna was speaking like this, the friends of Radharani could not check their laughter. This is an instance of ecstasy in conjugal love
- Krsna says that if one simply puts philosophical theories for some utopian ideas, "Now time is coming which will be like this, like that." No. Time is there already. You cannot manufacture time like this or like that. It will go on
- Krsna says, "Anyone who tries to preach this Bhagavad-gita philosophy, nobody's dearer than him to Me." So we, our business is to become a little recognized by Krsna. So we shall go on preaching like this at all risk
- Krsna, out of His causeless mercy, He comes. At a certain interval during one day of Brahma, He comes. He exhibits His lila, that "Anyone who desires to go back to home, back to Godhead, they can enjoy with Me like this"
- Narada Muni Bajay Vina, CD 3 - Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "And the whole universe became ecstatic. Then my desire was satisfied and I therefore pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that let this chanting of hari-nama go on nicely like this"
- Nobody can say that we are completely different from God, and nobody can say we are completely one with God. We are both, one and different. These things are to be understood analytically like this, as it is explained here
- O misbehaved Providence! If you reply to Us, 'Akrura is actually at fault; why are You angry with me?’ then I say to you, 'Providence, you have taken the form of Akrura and have stolen Krsna away. No one else would behave like this
- One servant of Krsna named Patri once addressed Him like this: "My dear Lord, You protected the cowherd boys from the hunger of the Aghasura demon, and You protected them from the poisonous effects of the Kaliya snake"
- Philosophy is there, direct, you should do like this, that's all. You do it and get the results. You go to purchase something, the price is fixed, you pay the price and take it. Where is argument?
- Police business is that "You become law-abiding citizen; then I have no connection with you." So far. "And so long you are not a law-abiding (citizen), I shall kick you as much as possible." So Maya's business is like this
- Sex life is there in Krsna, not exactly like this, but there is a, I mean to say, unification of embracing, kissing, everything is there, but there is no pregnancy, there is no abortion. That is the perfection
- She should not have gone like that. If she did not like, she should have frankly told me. This is not good
- Shouting like this, the sons of Sagara, sixty thousand all together, raised their weapons. When they approached the sage, the sage opened His eyes
- So if somebody will complain, "Sir, your this servant is stealing like this," he would be very angry. The man who complains, he will be angry upon him, "Why do you come and complain?"
- So nature's mercy is that as soon as you think that you will enjoy life like this, she will give you good opportunity. That means changing a body
- So with that feeling I want to produce them also, my followers. Everyone should be like that
- Sometimes we had been a hog or a dog or something like that. Now we have come to this stage of life, this life should not be spoiled like the cats, dogs and hogs. But we should have some restraint and realize ourself
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then began to talk like this, "Is He the same person, personified sweetness, who is the pleasure of My eyes and mind, who is My life and soul? Has Krsna actually come before My eyes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then began to talk like this: "Is Cupid personified present with the effulgence and reflection of the kadamba tree"
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura, also, prays like this, "My dear Lord, O son of Nanda Maharaja, associated with the daughter of Vrsabhanu, I have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet after suffering greatly in the material condition of life"
- Srimad-Bhagavata-patha. So either read Bhagavata or chant Hare Krsna. And let me lie down like this, that's all, as it is going on
- Standard should be that, never mind there is some difficulty, my spiritual master has ordered me to do like this, now let me do it, that's all
- Svarupa Damodara said, "There is no egoistic pride like this within the three worlds. At least I have never seen it or heard of it"
- Talking like this, the devotees wandered here and there looking for the Lord. Finally they came to the shore, accompanied by many others
- That songs writing we cannot regard very seriously. That will spoil the whole thing. But you can utilize your propensity to write poems and articles for BTG, for singing in the kirtana, like that
- That tendency is there, why these bungalows are here? They do not like to live in the city. They are paying so high rent. Why? The inner tendency is to live like this, with trees, with lawn
- The Christian religionists, they do not believe in the next birth, transmigration of the soul, something like that. So they do not believe also in the fruitive activities' resultant action of our past life
- The following statement was made by Krsna to the gopis, "My dear enchanted, don't gaze at Me with longing eyes like this. Be satisfied and return to your homes in Vrndavana. There is no necessity of your presence here"
- The material life means the basic principle is lusty desire. Everyone is working so hard because the basic principle is lusty desire. "I shall enjoy like this. My wife shall enjoy. My children shall enjoy. My grandchildren shall enjoy"
- The more you restrict your material sense gratification, the more you are advanced. This is the standard. Not that "Because I've got tendency to act like this, let me do it unrestrictedly." That's not human civilization; that's cats' & dogs' civilization
- The new thrones are actually super-excellent. I wanted that thrones be constructed like this, so you have introduced it. Personally I have already instructed and you are following
- The other day one professor came to see me from Khabudvipa(?). He was very submissive, but still, he would argue like this, that "Whatever Krsna is making me to do, I am doing." So I told him, "Krsna is asking you to surrender. Why don't you surrender?"
- The queens continued, "Then why are you not sleeping? Why are you lamenting like this throughout the whole night?"
- The spirit of Bhagavad-gita is mentioned in the Bhagavad-gita itself. It is just like this. If we want to take a particular medicine, then we have to follow the particular direction mentioned on the label of the medicine
- The spiritual master will say that "You work like this." So that should be determined. That is karma, guna-karma. Spiritual master sees that he has these qualities. That is natural
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, like the root of a tree, is the original cause of everything
- Then there is anumana, inductive knowledge - hypothesis. For instance, Darwin's theory says it may be like this, it may be like that. But that is not science
- There are seven rsis headed by Bhrgu: Bhrgu, Vasistha, Atreya, like that. There are seven great rsis. The seven planets you see on the northern side, they are supposed to be their abodes, bhrgv-adayah, centering Dhruvaloka, the polestar
- There is no comparison. The Christians, they can present only one small Bible, and the Muslims they can present one little Koran. But here, the Vedic culture is so great that we can simply give you sixty volumes like this only for Srimad-Bhagavatam
- There is no question of leaving our society. One may think like that but I cannot allow you to leave. That is my inspiration. Those who have left the society I am always thinking of them
- There should be a class of men, very intelligent class of men in the society who are discussing about the Absolute Truth and they will inform others, "This is Absolute Truth, my dear friends, my dear..." Should do it like this
- Therefore it does not behoove You to act like this. Don't take our paraphernalia for worship of the demigods. Don't create a disturbance in this way
- These are good men and we want more men like this in our community
- They (the mlecchas) have to depend ultimately on the mercy of the demigods like the sun-god, Indra and Candra, and such demigods must be satisfied by performances of sacrifice
- They imagine that "God must be like this. God must be nonviolent. God must be very peaceful." Why? Wherefrom the anger comes? It comes from God. Otherwise there is no existence of anger
- They will show like that in a very advanced and vairagya and taking three times bath and everything, but they have got connection with at least three, four woman. This is their bhajana
- Thinking like this, the Lord took His morning bath in the Ganges and started for Nilacala, saying "I shall go there"
- This age is so polluted there is no other, alternative method. Nasty eva. Nasty means that there is nothing like this, nothing like this. So this Krsna consciousness movement is scientific, authorized according to the Vedic sanction
- This goodness, passion and ignorance, the division. And how to nirguna? When you live in a temple of Krsna, that is nirguna. That is transcendental. So if you live in a society like this, Krsna consciousness, then you are nirguna
- This is Krsna consciousness. You must voluntarily agree - not hackneyed, mechanical: "Spiritual master says like this. All right, let me do it." No. You have to understand very nicely. Tesam satata-yuktanam bhajatam priti-purvakam. Priti, with love
- This is the statement of Brahma, that one should give up the nonsense process of mental speculation, "God may be like this; God may be like that." No. God is not manufactured by your mental speculation
- This Krsna consciousness movement is like this, that whatever qualification you have got, that is sufficient. You begin with that qualification
- This question-begging is going on, even some of the important men are doing like that, that I know. So how I can say your question from here?
- Tomorrow I want to see at least 500 men. Make arrangement like that. I came here to see that, not to sit down in a room peacefully
- Try to keep him from getting upset. I do not know why he becomes at intervals like that. I can only pray that Krishna will save him from this upsetting business
- We are artificially enjoying the stolen property. Therefore if you go on enjoying like that, then this frustration will come. But before coming to that frustration, if we return this property to Krsna, then we become happy
- We are not after home, money, fame, like that. But that does not mean that he shall not support her nicely, no.
- We did not know we were nonsense, but our father knew we were nonsense; so it is like that in this material world, everyone is acting more or less like children clinging to some play things provided by the Father and taking them very seriously
- We don't say that "You give me fee, then I give you some mantra." No, we don't say like that. Our instruction is free. I want to see that they are doing it and they are happy, that's all
- What is that spiritual master? Simply a red dress like this or having a big beard? No. Samit-panih. Samit-panih srotriyam brahma-nistham. You have to go to a person who is conversant with the science of Krsna. You have to go
- Whatever you say, that's all right. Now, we are seeing the other party; if somebody there, "It is like this," that's all right. I'm not going to test it. So what is the use of arguing?
- When the Yamuna was threatened like this, she became greatly afraid of the power of Balarama and immediately came in person, falling at His lotus feet and praying
- Where is in the Bhagavad-gita it is said by Krsna that you make motorcars like this? He has never said
- While he (the brahmana) was thinking like this, in Vaikuntha Lord Narayana, seated with the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, began to smile humorously
- While She was talking like this in a dream, She suddenly awoke and saw some of Her superiors standing before Her. Thus Radharani became ashamed and bowed Her head. This is an instance of alertness after awakening from sleep
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was talking like this, His mind changed. His anger subsided, but His mental agitation increased
- You can conjecture that "Swamiji may be like this, may be like that, may be...," and if I say, "All right, sit down. I shall explain what I am," then where is the difficulty?
- You give a small bird some grains. You'll see like this: "Is there enemy? Somebody's coming. Somebody's killing me." So full of anxieties. This is the condition. This is the condition. So you cannot, you cannot be free from the anxiety
- You have assimilated the process of birth very nicely through the books. This has pleased me very much and I wish that all my students can become as adept at presenting the information in the books like this
- You love your husband like this, your wife like this, your country like this, your society like this. There are different grades of loving demonstration. That loving demonstration, when it will be concentrated on Vasudeva, Krsna, that is the highest
- You mention in your letter that you had heard that I said that you and Syamasundara were engaged in a conspiracy against me and that you felt very bad upon hearing this. Do not feel like that
- You write to say that with prasadam and the Maha Mantra we shall conquer over the world. That was the beginning of my program in your country. I thought like that
- You'll find that when the dogs, they have sex life, they have no shame. So, many lusty people stand there and see. Seeing means they are willing, "If I could enjoy in the street like this." And sometimes they do
- Your service will be recognized by Krsna. Don't think that because you are teaching a sudra how to work like this, you have become a sudra. You are not sudras, any circumstances