Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
lament | lamentable | lamentation | lamentations | lamented | lamenters | lamenting | lamentingly | lamentment | laments
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Lamentation"
The following 225 pages are in this category, out of 225 total.
- A devotee should not be subjected to lamentation or illusion
- A dying man comes under the clutches of death and lies down, surrounded by lamenting friends and relatives, and although he wants to speak with them, he no longer can because he is under the control of time
- A mahatma, or great soul, is very rarely seen because such transcendental realization is achieved only after many, many births. Once it is attained, however, there is no longer any illusion or lamentation or the miseries of material existence
- A Vaisnava is truly a perfect person because he laments to see others unhappy and feels joy at seeing others happy
- According to the Sankhya philosophers everything is mithya, or anitya - impermanent. Nonetheless, without real knowledge of atma - , the soul, such philosophers must be bewildered and must continue to lament as sudras
- According to Vedic system, there is purificatory process. Janmana jayate sudrah: "By birth everyone is born a sudra." A sudra means without any knowledge and simply full of lamentation
- After seeing all the life symptoms in her husband (King Prthu) stop, the Queen (Arci) lamented for a while. The word kincit means "for a little while"
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, whatever eternal forms and incarnations You accept when You appear in this world are meant for relieving the living entities of their ignorance, illusion and lamentation"
- All created beings are unmanifest in their beginning, manifest in their interim state, and unmanifest again when annihilated. So what need is there for lamentation
- All of these (passion and ignorance, which are exhibited by attachment, hostility, greed, lamentation, illusion, fear, madness, prestige, insults, fault-finding, deception, envy, intolerance, passion, bewilderment, hunger and sleep) are enemies
- Although he (Daksa) was the father of such good sons (the Haryasvas), he had lost them all. Certainly this was lamentable
- Although he (Dhruva Maharaja) got the result of the visnu-mantra by the causeless mercy of the Lord, he lamented how foolish he was to have strived for material benefits while practicing devotional service
- An exemplary instance of incompatibility is the following statement by an impersonalist who was lamenting aloud, "I have been attached simply to the impersonal Brahman feature, and I have passed my days uselessly in practicing trance"
- An impersonalist lamenting, "I have not given any proper attention to Sri Krsna, who is the source of the impersonal Brahman and who is the reservoir of all transcendental pleasures"
- And that determination which cannot go beyond dreaming, fearfulness, lamentation, moroseness and illusion - such unintelligent determination, O son of Prtha, is in the mode of darkness
- Anxieties mean if I lose something, then I will lament, and if I haven't got anything, something, then I hanker after it
- Arjuna thought that his victory in the battle would only be a cause of lamentation for him
- Arjuna visited Dvaraka, and all the widow wives of Lord Krsna lamented before him. He took them all in the presence of Vasudeva and pacified all of them
- As confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita, in the brahma-bhuta stage of life one becomes free from hankering and lamentation. Therefore the conclusion is that the inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are all brahma-bhuta living entities
- As far as the material body is concerned, there are six "waves," or symptomatic material conditions: hunger, thirst, lamentation, bewilderment, old age and death. The liberated soul is never concerned with these six physical interactions
- Astonishment caused by lamentation is exemplified when Krsna was entering into the belly of the Bakasura demon and all the demigods from higher planets became stunned with lamentation
- Astonishment caused by lamentation was exemplified when Krsna was entering into the belly of the Bakasura demon and all the demigods from higher planets became stunned with lamentation
- At intervals, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would also recite a verse. Then, in great lamentation, He would explain it
- At this brahma-bhuta stage of liberation from the material entanglement, the symptoms, as explained in the Bhagavad-gita, are that one becomes joyous beyond any hankering or lamentation and gains a universal vision
- Bali Maharaja lamented that although Indra was very learned, he did not know how to use his intelligence properly, for instead of asking Vamanadeva to allow him to engage in His service, Indra used Him to beg Bali Maharaja for material wealth
- Be cheerful and chant Hare Krishna without any lamentation. As I have told you several times that my Guru maharaj used to say that this world is not a fit place for gentleman
- Because Arjuna's lamentation was on the bodily concept of life. That bodily concept of life, in the very beginning of Krsna's instructions, it is condemned
- Because of his (King Citraketu's) great affection for his son, his lamentation grew like a blazing fire, and as he went to see the dead child, he kept slipping and falling on the ground
- Because of the existence of the mind and intelligence on Brahmaloka, its residents have feelings of happiness and distress, but there is no cause of lamentation from old age, death, fear or distress
- Because of the material body, every living entity in material existence is always disturbed by sad-guna, six whips - hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, invalidity and death
- Because you have got material attachment, therefore something material lost we lament and something material we do not possess, we hanker. The two kinds of diseases
- Being now alone and a widow in that forest, the daughter of Vidarbha began to lament, incessantly shedding tears, which soaked her breasts, and crying very loudly
- Being unable to protect himself from the threefold miseries of material existence, the conditioned soul becomes very morose and lives a life of lamentation
- Bhisma and Drona, being noble souls, were surely going to have spiritual bodies in the next life, or at least life in heavenly bodies for superior enjoyment of material existence. So, in either case, there was no cause of lamentation
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: disappointment, lamentation, humility, guilt, fatigue, intoxication, pride, doubt, apprehension, intense emotion, madness, forgetfulness, disease, confusion, death, laziness, inertness
- Both the mother and the son were lamenting Dhruva Maharaja's having been insulted by his stepmother and his father's not having taken any step on this issue. But mere lamentation is useless - one should find out the means to mitigate one's lamentation
- Brahma said, "If one thinks that the Supersoul is something different from Your personality and thus searches out the Supersoul or the Supreme Brahman somewhere else, in the forest or in the caves of the Himalayas, his condition is very lamentable"
- Citraketu's son was his enemy in a past life and had now appeared as his son just to give him more severe pain. Indeed, the untimely death of the son caused severe lamentation for the father
- Crying loudly and embracing the bodies of their husbands, which lay on the wrestling dais, the wives of Kamsa and his brothers lamented, addressing the dead bodies
- Devahuti is lamenting her position. As a woman, she had to love someone. Somehow or other, she came to love Kardama Muni, but without knowing of his spiritual advancement
- Devaki was overwhelmed with both jubilation and lamentation. She was joyful, for she could understand that Lord Visnu had taken shelter within her womb, but at the same time she was sorry that as soon as her child would come out, Kamsa would kill Him
- Due to extremely painful fear and lamentation, she (Rukmini) lost all her powers of reason and became weak, her body losing so much weight that the bangles on her wrists became slack
- Due to the Lord's disappearance, the Deities seem to be crying in the temple, lamenting and perspiring. They seem about to leave. All the cities, villages, towns, gardens, mines and hermitages are now devoid of beauty and bereft of all happiness
- Happiness and distress is the cause of socati and kanksati. Kanksati means desiring to have something. This is distress. And lamenting for something, that is also distress. Actually, this is the material position
- Having lamented over them (the dead relatives) and sufficiently offered Ganges water, they (the Pandavas, with Draupadi) bathed in the Ganges, whose water is sanctified due to being mixed with the dust of the lotus feet of the Lord
- Having lost His acquired gem, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became overwhelmed with lamentation by remembering its attributes
- He (Bhisma) lamented that although the whole Pandava family was headed by King Yudhisthira, the most pious king, and protected by the two great warriors Bhima and Arjuna
- He (Prahlada) will be a virtuously qualified reservoir of all good qualities; he will be jolly and happy in others' happiness, distressed in others' distress, and will have no enemies. He will be a destroyer of the lamentation of all the universes
- Hearing this, the King became very unhappy and, greatly lamenting, began to speak as follows
- If a woman worships Your (Lord Kamadeva's) lotus feet for a particular purpose, You also quickly fulfill her desires, but in the end she becomes broken-hearted and laments. Therefore one need not worship Your lotus feet for some material benefit
- If my life is finished, that is not wonderful. Nobody will lament. "Oh, he was old man, eighty-two years old." But if I can live for some days more, that is wonderful. If I die, that is not wonderful
- If one simply comes to that platform of spontaneous love for the spiritual master, then very quickly he will get love of God, or Krishna, and his all hankerings and lamentations of life will be finished. That is the process
- If someone eagerly continues to hear such transcendental sounds, then certainly he will become freed from all material hunger, thirst, fear and lamentation, as well as all illusions of material existence
- If we revive our relationship with Krsna by the grace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu our eternal relationship will never break to cause our lamentation
- If we want to curb lamentation for good, then we have to take shelter of Krsna
- If you have hankering, then you are not joyful. If you have lamentation, then you are not joyful. These are the signs
- In a direct relationship of conjugal love, there is laughter, astonishment, chivalry, lamentation, anger and dread, but there is no ghastliness. These expressions are considered to be the great reservoirs of pleasure
- In adversity, everyone laments and becomes aggrieved, but by the grace of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, a devotee, even in the worst condition, can understand that he is going through a severe examination by the Personality of Godhead
- In material existence the living entity simply hankers to get something he can never get. Therefore he is in illusion. As a result of being in this illusory situation, the living entity is always lamenting
- In such devotional service in compassion there are sometimes smiling symptoms, but never is there any stress or lamentation. The basic principle is always ecstatic love
- In the beginning there was void and in the middle it is manifested. Then again it is void. So void to void, where there is lamentation? This is the argument Krsna is giving. Both ways you cannot lament
- In the conditioned stage, one's conceptions of life are sometimes polluted by passion and ignorance, which are exhibited by attachment, hostility, greed, lamentation, illusion, fear and madness
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance, in chivalrous devotional service there is expansion, in compassionate devotional service there is reflection, in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance; there is expansion in chivalrous devotional service; there is reflection in compassionate devotional service; in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In this case there was a combination of bashfulness, anger, jubilation and lamentation. This is an instance of an aggregate of symptoms of ecstatic love
- In this condition of lamentation one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- In transcendental life, as soon as devotees of the Lord merge in lamentation, they immediately experience the Lord's transcendental activities and merge in transcendental bliss
- Instead of wasting her (Queen Arci) time in lamentation, she immediately prepared a fiery pyre on top of a hill and then placed the body of her husband (King Prthu) on it to be burned
- It gave up My body and home because of lamentation and accepted the religious principles of a kapalika-yogi. Then My mind went to Vrndavana with its disciples, My senses
- It is advised that a devotee follow the past acaryas and saintly persons, because by such following one can achieve the desired results, with no chance of lamenting or being baffled in his progress
- Krsna cannot be polluted by any sinful activity, Krsna never dies, Krsna never becomes old, Krsna is never subject to lamentation, Krsna is never hungry, and He is never thirsty
- Krsna continued, "Here also I am not the proprietor of anything, but am always penniless. There is no cause to lament for such a penniless condition; I possessed nothing in the past, so why should I lament that I do not possess anything at present"
- Krsna said, "A person who does not become abominable in the eyes of great persons cannot be condemned enough, and his refusal to give charity is lamentable throughout his whole life"
- Krsna said, "You (gopis) will understand that you are always with Me and that there is no cause of lamentation in our being separated from one another"
- Kuntidevi never forgot her first child, Karna, and after Karna's death in the Battle of Kuruksetra she lamented and admitted before her other sons that Karna was her eldest son prior to her marriage with Maharaja Pandu
- Lamentation and humility awoke within Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He began reciting another of His own verses. By hearing the meaning of that verse, one can forget all unhappiness and lamentation
- Lamentation and illusion are described herein as dvi-kubara, the two posts of bondage
- Lamentation means
- Lamentation, aggrievement and bewilderment are characteristics of conditioned souls, but how can such things affect the person of the Supreme, who is full of knowledge, power and all opulence?
- Lamentation, jubilation, fearfulness, envy, greed, illusion and madness are different features of our material concept of life. A person influenced like this engages in enmity only due to the material body
- Like small particles of sand, bodies come together and are separated by the force of time, and people falsely lament for unification and separation. Unless one knows this, there is no question of happiness
- Lord Ramacandra personally killed Ravana. Mandodari and other wives lamented for Ravana, and in accordance with Lord Ramacandra's order, Vibhisana performed the funeral ceremonies for all the dead in the family
- Madhavendra Puri began to lament, "I saw Lord Krsna directly, but I could not recognize Him!” Thus he fell down on the ground in ecstatic love
- Maharaja Pariksit was lamenting for the tears in the eyes of the bull, and he was astonished to see such an unprecedented thing in his good kingdom. Men and animals were equally protected as far as life was concerned. That is the way in God's kingdom
- Material compassion, lamentation and tears are all signs of ignorance of the real self. Compassion for the eternal soul is self-realization
- Material existence means to be always hankering and lamenting. I must have a new automobile, I must have more money, I must have good wife
- Mind is the original cause of material bondage. It is followed by many enemies, such as anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear
- Mr. Alexander Shellkirk, he is lamenting, he was thrown in isolated island, that society, friendship and love, divinely bestowed upon man. This is of course true. The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination
- Mucukunda continued, "I take shelter of Your lotus feet, which are the source of all peaceful life and which can eradicate all lamentation caused by material contamination"
- Mucukunda said, "Somehow or other I am, by Your (Krsna's) grace, now in a peaceful condition because I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, which are always free from all lamentation, fear and death"
- My (Manu) lord (Vasistha), all of you are expert in chanting the Vedic mantras. How then has the result been opposite to the one desired? This is a matter for lamentation. There should not have been such a reversal of the results of the Vedic mantras
- My dear friend kurari, it is now night, and Lord Sri Krsna is sleeping. You yourself are not asleep or resting but are lamenting. Should I presume that you, like us, are affected by the smiling, liberal, playful glances of lotus-eyed Krsna
- Nakula began lamenting: "O, all auspiciousness to Krsna! I am so surprised to see that the condemned descendants of the Kurus, who so unlawfully occupied the throne of the Kuru kingdom, are at the same time criticizing Krsna with diplomatic devices"
- No one is strong enough to protect himself from the onslaught of a stronger, and by the will of the Lord there are systematic categories of the weak, the stronger and the strongest. There is nothing to be lamented if a tiger eats a weaker animal
- O hero of charity, please deliver unto us the nectar of Your lips. That nectar increases lusty desires for enjoyment and diminishes lamentation in the material world
- O Lord Narayana, we offer our respectful obeisances unto You. Kindly be merciful to us. Give us the association of Krsna and thus vanquish our lamentation
- O ocean of mercy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu! Let there be an awakening of Your auspicious mercy, which easily drives away all kinds of material lamentation by making everything pure and blissful
- Ocean of lamentation
- Once a great realized sage was lamenting that the Supreme Lord Krsna was living in Dvaraka but that he was unable to take advantage of seeing Him
- One great acarya, Narottama dasa Thakura, has lamented that when one deviates from pure consciousness of Vasudeva, or Krsna consciousness, he becomes entangled in material activities
- One hankers to revive his original condition and inquires how to do so. There are also deep thought, heavy breathing, crying and lamentation, as well as a changing of the bodily color and drying up of the tongue
- One may feel unhappiness and separation, as well as jealousy and lamentation, due to not discharging one's duties. The despondency that results is called nirveda
- One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence, and the three material qualities. That is the objective of human life
- One of His disciples who accepted sannyasa was one day forcibly dragged by his wife. My Guru Maharaja lamented with tears in His eyes saying that He could not save the soul
- One who does not give charity according to the injunctions of the scriptures and one who does not accept charity in that way are considered to be in the mode of ignorance. Such persons follow the path of the foolish. Surely they must lament at the end
- One who is free of all material jubilation, hatred, lamentation and desire, who renounces both materially auspicious and materially inauspicious things, and who is devoted to Me is very dear to Me
- One who is in the brahma-bhuta condition is joyful; he never laments, nor does he desire anything. That is due to confidential knowledge
- One who is not satisfied with the mind must fall to degradation. One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence
- One who lays down his life on the sacrificial altar, or in the proper battlefield, is at once cleansed of bodily reactions and promoted to a higher status of life. So there was no cause for Arjuna's lamentation
- One who wants to possess also laments when he loses his possession. Devotees have no hankerings for material possessions and no hankerings for spiritual salvation
- Our process is purification. Krsna consciousness means simply we are purifying our consciousness. From the birth, as I have explained, everyone is Sudra. Sudra means one who laments
- Rukmini continued, "When they voluntarily accepted such a position, accepting Your (Krsna's) lotus feet as all in all, does it mean that they were in lamentation and bereavement"
- Rupa Gosvami's instructions, One should not be under the spell of lamentation in loss or tribulation in gain. 7) One should not disrespect the demigods. 8) One should not give unnecessary trouble to any living entity
- Seeing the lamentation of both husband and wife, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu tried to pacify them. According to their desire, He ate the prasadam and was very satisfied
- Seeing the movements of time, those who are cognizant of the real truth neither rejoice nor lament for different circumstances
- Simply by giving aural reception to this Vedic literature, the feeling for loving devotional service to Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, sprouts up at once to extinguish the fire of lamentation, illusion and fearfulness
- Simply by seeing Him, I am feeling great happiness. Oh, I have wasted so much time trying to become self-realized through impersonal cultivation. This is a cause for lamentation
- So long you come, do not come to Krsna consciousness, your, these two business will go on, lamenting and hankering. And as soon as you come to Krsna consciousness, you become joyful. There is no reason of lamenting
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to lament by saying, "Where is Sri Krsna, whose form is curved in three places? Where is the sweet song of His flute, and where is the bank of the Yamuna?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to lament by saying, "Where is the rasa dance? Where is that dancing, singing, and laughing? Where is My Lord, Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid?"
- Sri Caitanya's mother met Him at the house of Advaita Prabhu, and when she saw her son in sannyasa dress, she lamented
- Suppose some chemical combined bottle is there; by accident it is broken. Does it mean that I shall give up all my duties to be done? And lament for the bottle only? What is this?
- Sustenance, manifestation, expansion, reflection and lamentation are the five visible symptoms in exchanges of ecstatic love. The test of devotional service can therefore be made in terms of these five symptoms
- The anxiety caused by separation from Krsna has made Me (Lord Caitanya) impatient, and I can think of no way to meet Him. O My friends, you are also deranged by lamentation. Who, therefore, will tell Me how to find Him?
- The Deities seem to be crying in the temple, lamenting and perspiring. They seem about to leave
- The devotee should treat loss & gain equally. (16) The devotee should not be overwhelmed by lamentation. (17) The devotee should not worship demigods, nor should he disrespect them. Similarly, the devotee should not study or criticize other scriptures
- The fire of lamentation is always blazing, and the mirage of false happiness is always alluring, but one has no shelter from them. Thus foolish persons live in the cycle of birth and death
- The five sense organs through which knowledge is acquired are subjected to six kinds of whips: lamentation, illusion, infirmity, death, hunger and thirst
- The great mystic Maya Danava became aware that the calf and cow were drinking the nectar, and he could understand this to be the unseen power of providence. Thus he spoke to the demons, who were grievously lamenting
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are all brahma-bhuta living entities, as distinguished from the mundane creatures who are all compact in hankering and lamentation
- The lamentation that accrues from not obtaining a goal or from losing something already attained does not affect this completeness
- The lusty and greediness keeps one always in lamentation and hankering
- The mind is the root cause of lust, anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear
- The mind is the root cause of lust, anger, pride, greed, lamentation, illusion and fear. Combined, these constitute bondage to fruitive activity. What learned man would put faith in the mind
- The most lamentable falldown of the impersonalist is due to his false and unreasonable claim of being one with the Supreme
- The position of all nondevotees, who are not interested in going back to Godhead, is very much lamentable, for the human form of life is meant for executing devotional service and nothing else
- The Queen (Arci) should have been afraid of being alone in the forest with the body of her husband (King Prthu), but since she was a great wife of a great personality, she lamented for a while but immediately understood that she had many duties to perform
- The queens continued, "Then why are you not sleeping? Why are you lamenting like this throughout the whole night?"
- The queens said, "Hello, cakravaki. Why have you closed your eyes? Are you searching after your husband, who may have gone to foreign countries? Why are you lamenting so pitiably? Alas, it appears that you are very much aggrieved"
- The specific significance of the (Sudharma) assembly house was that anyone who entered it would be freed from the six kinds of material pangs, namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death
- The students of a great devotee once talked amongst themselves in this way, "My dear Godbrothers, our spiritual master, after seeing the lotus feet of the Lord, has thrown himself into the fire of lamentation"
- The sufferings of Kuntidevi are doubly lamented. She suffered greatly because of early widowhood and to get her minor children brought up in the royal family
- The symptom of becoming stunned is caused by ecstatic tribulation, fearfulness, astonishment, lamentation and anger. This symptom is exhibited by a stoppage of talking, a stoppage of movement, a feeling of voidness and an extreme feeling of separation
- The transcendental causeless mercy of Lord Krsna is manifested in the heart of the devotee. At such a time, material needs no longer exist. The lamentation that invariably accompanies material desires also vanishes
- The unsatiated seer of Krsna's face thus laments: "I do not have thousands of eyes but only two, and even these two eyes are disturbed by the movements of my eyelids. So it is to be understood that the creator of this body is not very intelligent"
- The victims of war, namely, the family members of the Kurus, were lamenting the problems of death, and the Lord pacified them on the basis of knowledge
- The water moves, but the moon does not move. Similarly, the living entities appear to be tainted by material qualities like illusion, lamentation and miseries, although in the pure soul such qualities are completely absent
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Rupa, please recite that verse from your drama which, upon being heard, makes all people’s unhappiness and lamentation go away"
- There cannot be any doubt about the transcendental scholarship of Vyasadeva. So why should he lament
- There is another quotation by a devotee who laments as follows, "Alas, I am still trying to relish different pleasurable states from this body, which is simply some skin covering mucus, semina and blood"
- These (hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death) are the whips of material existence, and as long as one remained in that Sudharma assembly house he would not be affected by these six material whips
- They (Gopis) approached Mother Yasoda, stating that they could not find the son of Nanda. He had been taken away by a whirlwind. This is an instance of lamentation in ecstatic love
- They (materialistic fathers and mothers) are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens, but they lament when they join the Krsna consciousness movement to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- They (people of Kasi) finally detected that the head (which was next to city gate) was not Krsna's but that of Kasiraja. When this was ascertained, the queens of the King of Kasi immediately approached and began to lament the death of their husband
- They agitate the mind and body of everyone, they increase lusty desires for enjoyment, they destroy the burden of material happiness and lamentation, and they make one forget all material tastes. The whole world falls under their control
- They are lamenting such, "A great man has passed away." But what is that such great man? He is lying on the floor, on the bed, the same man. So why you are seeing that he has gone? Then who has gone? You have never seen him who has gone
- They became still more overwhelmed with grief. While Balarama was smiling to see their lamentation, all the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi merged into the ocean of grief because they thought that Krsna was finished
- This brahma-bhutah status means free from all anxieties, without any hankering or lamentation. At that stage only, one can think of universal brotherhood. And the next stage is to be engaged in pure Krishna Consciousness
- This condition of Kamsa's mind reveals an instance of pride, lamentation, humility, determination, remembrance, doubtfulness, anger and fear
- This continued material life is called samsara. Birth, death, lamentation, foolishness and anxiety are due to such material considerations. Thus we sometimes come to a proper understanding and sometimes fall again to a wrong conception of life
- This is an instance of a conjunction of jubilation and lamentation due to different causes of ecstatic love
- This is an instance of hopelessness, pride, doubtfulness, patience, lamentation, determination and eagerness - an aggregation of seven different symptoms in ecstatic love for Krsna
- This is an instance of lamentation caused by reversed conditions
- This is another instance of lamentation in ecstatic love
- This kind of apprehension of some mishap to Krsna first of all becomes manifested as an object of lamentation, but gradually it develops into such compassionate loving ecstasy that it turns to another channel and gives transcendental pleasure
- This lamentation you have got is not good. Brahma-bhutah prasannatma na socati na kanksati. This is not Krishna consciousness. Do not lament, but go on with your collecting engagement enthusiastically
- This statement by Brahma is an instance of lamentation caused by committing an offense
- This statement is an instance of lamentation due to one's being unable to achieve his desired goal
- This statement is an instance of lamentation resulting from nonfulfillment of one's duties
- Those in human society who are intelligent should give up the original cause of lamentation, illusion, fear, anger, attachment, poverty and unnecessary labor. The original cause of all of these is the desire for unnecessary prestige and money
- Throngs of people came from different villages to see the Deity of Gopala, and they took maha-prasadam sumptuously. When they saw the superexcellent form of Lord Gopala, all their lamentation and unhappiness disappeared
- We are trying to bring as many young men as possible to the Krsna consciousness movement for their ultimate benefit, but the parents of the young men joining this movement, being very sorry, are lamenting and making counterpropaganda
- We have experienced that sometimes out of sentiment someone gives to ISKCON and then laments and wants it back, but that does not mean we should give it back
- What is this body? It is to be neglected? "Yes." Asocyan anvasocas tvam: "It is not to be lamented"
- Whatever is produced by the materialist with great pain and labor for so-called happiness, the Supreme Personality, as the time factor, destroys, and for this reason the conditioned soul laments
- When a devotee, lamenting for his past abominable activities, shows special symptoms on his body, his feeling is called ecstasy in devotional service in ghastliness. This is caused by the awakening of his Krsna consciousness
- When a person becomes weak from the attack of old age, the family members, servants and secretaries do not care for him. He is then unable to counteract this. Thus he becomes more and more anxious and laments his frightful condition
- When all the inhabitants of Ayodhya saw that their boys had come back to life, they were astounded, and King Sagara greatly lamented the absence of his son (Asamanjasa)
- When Namuci, another demon, saw the killing of both Bala and Paka, he was full of grief and lamentation. Thus he angrily made a great attempt to kill Indra
- When one feels guilt one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one finds himself in reversed conditions one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one finds no fulfillment in his present occupation one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life, when one finds no fulfillment in his present occupation, when one finds himself in reversed conditions and when one feels guilt - at such a time one is said to be in state of lamentation
- When one understands his spiritual identity and surrenders to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme spiritual person, one becomes actually happy. When one searches for happiness in matter, one must certainly lament for bodily relationships
- When Queen Arci saw that her husband (King Prthu), who had been so merciful to her and the earth, no longer showed symptoms of life, she lamented for a little while and then built a fiery pyre on top of a hill and placed the body of her husband on it
- When the ecstasy of devotional service produces some kind of lamentation in connection with Krsna, it is called devotional service in compassion. The impetuses for this devotional service are Krsna's transcendental quality, form and activities
- When the gopis had Krsna in their company, not only all their grief but their lamenting in the absence of Krsna was relieved
- When the son of Dhrtarastra fell down lamenting, his spine broken, being beaten by the club of Bhima, the son of Drona beheaded the five sleeping sons of Draupadi and delivered them as a prize to his master, foolishly thinking that he would be pleased
- When the son of Dhrtarastra fell down lamenting, his spine broken, being beaten by the club of Bhimasena, the son of Dronacarya (Asvatthama) beheaded the five sleeping sons of Draupadi and delivered them as a prize to his master
- When there is such indirect expression of conjugal love, there is smiling, astonishment, enthusiasm, lamentation, anger, dread and sometimes ghastliness. These seven exchanges of conjugal love form another state of ecstatic love
- When Vasudeva, the leper brahmana, was lamenting due to not being able to see Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord immediately returned to that spot and embraced him
- When wealth is lost, there is no use lamenting, but as long as there is wealth, one has to utilize it properly and thereby gain eternal profit
- Wherever the Lord visited, crowds of innumerable people came to see Him. When they saw Him, all their unhappiness and lamentation disappeared
- While Krsna was joking with Rukmini in Dvaraka, she was full of distress, fear and lamentation. She had also lost her intelligence. She dropped her hand bangles and the fan she was using to fan the Lord
- While observing the situation of his enemy, Arjuna stood up on the chariot, but he was so afflicted with lamentation that he sat down again, setting aside his bow and arrows
- While speaking learned words, you are mourning for what is not worthy of grief. Those who are wise lament neither for the living nor for the dead
- While Sri Caitanya lamented in this way, agitation and ecstasy awoke in His mind, and He became very restless. Many transcendental ecstasies combined in Him, including anxiety, lamentation, attention, eagerness, fear, determination and remembrance
- Why was He (the Lord) inclined to put a brahmana into such a terrible condition of lamentation over one son after another until the tenth son was taken away?
- Within the heart of a person who is overpowered by lamentation or anger, there is no possibility of Krsna's being manifested
- Without real knowledge of atma - the soul, Mayavadi philosophers must be bewildered and must continue to lament as sudras
- Yet all unhappiness and lamentation were immediately dissipated, and people became all-jubilant. Thus Jagannatha Misra was also overwhelmed with joy
- You are lamenting because a few yards of land has been taken away from your country as Pakistan, but if you spread this Krsna consciousness movement, the whole world will become Hindustan. There is such potency; I give you my direct perception
- You lament that you are not qualified to present Krsna Consciousness properly, but this is the qualification: hold kirtanas with your friends, read passages from my books, distribute prasadam and try to get more people to read the books