Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna and the Vaisnavas
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and the Vaisnavas"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- A man who transcends the limited knowledge of a brahmana and reaches the knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, becomes a person in Krsna consciousness - or, in other words, a Vaisnava
- A pure Vaisnava, he simply always expects, "When that time will come, Krsna will be pleased to accept me?" Otherwise he is not very hasty. But he is interested with the service. That is pure Vaisnava. A pure Vaisnava can go to the hell for serving
- A qualified brahmana like Sudama Vipra is naturally a devotee of Lord Krsna. Therefore it is said, brahmano vaisnavah: a brahmana is a Vaisnava
- A Vaisnava feels for others. A Vaisnava understands that "Those who are not Krsna conscious, those who have forgotten Krsna, they are rotting under the spell of maya. Let us do something for them"
- A Vaisnava is a fearless devotee of the Lord, and for the right cause he can take any step suitable for the purpose. Arjuna was also a Vaisnava devotee of Lord Krsna, and he fought valiantly for the satisfaction of the Lord
- A Vaisnava is also self-sufficient, depending only on Krsna. That is Vaisnava. So he has nothing to lament or nothing to regret
- A Vaisnava is one who has developed all good transcendental qualities. All the good qualities of Krsna gradually develop in Krsna's devotee
- A Vaisnava is praying guru: "Sir, you are devotee of Krsna. You can give me Krsna if you like." This is the position of sisya
- A Vaisnava is unhappy by seeing others unhappy. Personally, he has no unhappiness. Because he's in contact with Krsna, how he can be unhappy? Personally, he has no unhappiness
- A Vaisnava should always avoid the association of ordinary people. Common people are very much materially attached, especially to women. Vaisnavas should also avoid the company of those who are not devotees of Lord Krsna
- A Vaisnava should behave in such a way as to never associate with nondevotees or materialists. One can avoid such association simply by always remembering Krsna within his heart
- A Vaisnava, he knows how to utilize everything for Krsna. The aim of this creation is giving these conditioned souls another chance for liberation
- According to the Vaisnava almanac, the twelve months of the year are named according to the twelve Vaikuntha forms of Lord Krsna, and these forms are known as the predominating Deities for the twelve months
- After meeting Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all those different Vaisnavas became devotees of Krsna and began chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- All the groups of Vaisnavas who live in Vrndavana are absorbed in chanting the all-auspicious name of Krsna
- Although a Vaisnava is the most exalted person, he is prideless and gives all respect to everyone, knowing everyone to be the resting place of Krsna
- Although a Vaisnava preacher may sometimes criticize others, Raghunatha Bhatta avoided this. Even if another Vaisnava was actually at fault, Raghunatha Bhatta would not criticize him; he saw only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service
- Always hearing them chant the holy names of Lord Krsna, the residents of all the other villages also became Vaisnavas
- Another gopi said, "For the Vaisnavas, Your (Krsna's) words give transcendental pleasure, and saintly persons who are engaged in distributing Your transcendental message all over the world are first-class charitable persons"
- As soon as you think that you are, your, you are not Indian or American, you are not a brahmana or Vaisnava, brahmana or ksatriya, you are eternal servant of Krsna, that is called purified desire. Desire is there, but you have to purify
- As Vaisnavas count 108 beads, which represent the 108 individual gopis, so Krsna would also count on 108 beads to count the different groups of cows
- As we have already explained, there are different ceremonies to be observed, such as the birthday of Krsna, the birthday of Lord Ramacandra, the birthday of some prominent Vaisnavas
- Because he (the Vaisnava) knows that Krsna consciousness is the basis of knowledge and action, he sees everything as being connected with Krsna
- Bhakti-yoga can be applicable to any one of these form, either Krsna or Rama or Visnu or Narayana, so many forms. Generally, Vaisnavas worship the form of Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Laksmi-Narayana. In our conditional stage, we cannot worship Radha-Krsna
- Bhakti-yoga means not only dedicating life to Krsna but also to serve the Vaisnava, tat-purusa. Tat-purusa means to serve a person who has dedicated his life to Krsna
- Bilvamangala Thakur simply heard about Krsna and then immediately gave up his beautiful girl friend and started out for Mathura and Vrndavana, where he became a perfect Vaisnava
- By hearing the holy name of Krsna, the entire country became Vaisnava. It was as if the nectar of the holy name of Krsna overflooded the entire country
- Even better than visnu-aradhana is to worship the Vaisnavas." Mad-bhakta-pujabhyadhika. Krsna has said also that "Anyone who is worshiping My devotee, pure devotee, that is better worship than one who is worshiping Me directly
- Evidence of this (Krsna could also speak even with animals and birds) is found in the Vaisnava literature compiled by the Gosvamis
- He is very nice boy. He is Vaisnava. So you are very fortunate to have such a son. You can take it that Krsna has given you this son
- He would not listen to blasphemy of a Vaisnava, nor would he listen to talk of a Vaisnava's misbehavior. He knew only that everyone was engaged in Krsna's service; he did not understand anything else
- His eyes in seeing the Deity of Lord Krsna in the temple, his body in embracing Vaisnavas or touching their lotus feet, his nostrils in smelling the aroma of the tulasi leaves offered to Krsna's lotus feet, his tongue in tasting food offered to Krsna
- I have become very big Vaisnava. Let me sleep under the name of chanting Hare Krsna. That is not Vaisnava. Vaisnava must be very busy, always awaiting the order of Krsna
- I want association of Vaisnava. You are all pure Vaisnavas. You have sacrificed everything, material comforts, for Krsna's sake. That is Vaisnava. Anyabhilasita-sunyam. You have no other desire
- If actually there is any sympathizer for the fallen conditioned souls, he is a Vaisnava. He knows why they are suffering. Therefore he wants to give him the information: "My dear friend, you are suffering simply for forgetting your real lover, Krsna"
- In conclusion, Lord Sri Krsna said, "I offer My respectful obeisances to the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, for the brahmanas are always self-satisfied and the Vaisnavas are always engaged in actual welfare activities for human society"
- In other words, a Vaisnava who is incessantly thinking of the form of Lord Krsna is to be known as a pure Vaisnava
- In the house of Advaita Acarya, all the Vaisnavas took pleasure in always talking of Krsna, always worshiping Krsna and always chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Indeed, for Krsna's sake they are prepared to accept any living condition as long as they can live in the temple and associate with the Vaisnavas
- It is now confirmed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead that the curse of a devotee is also to be regarded as mercy. As Krsna, God, is all-good, a Vaisnava is also all-good
- Kasyapa Muni concluded, "I shall train her (Diti) in such a way that instead of always thinking of how to kill Indra, she will become a Vaisnava, a devotee of Krsna"
- Krsna is actually present everywhere. The Vaisnava, therefore, marks his body with temples of Visnu
- Krsna said, "They (the brahmanas and Vaisnavas) are the best friends of the people in general; they are free from false egoism and are always in a peaceful condition of mind"
- Lord Caitanya said that a Vaisnava is he who, when seen, reminds one of Krsna. Therefore, it is essential that a Vaisnava mark his body with tilaka to remind others of Krsna
- Lord Caitanya's behavior is very significant. It shows that a Vaisnava may be very tolerant and meek, foregoing everything for his personal honor, but when it is a question of the honor of Krsna or His devotee, he will not tolerate any insult
- Maya as it is, it is not that she is out of touch of Krsna. Vaisnavi. In the Candi, in the book of Maya, it is state that "Vaisnavi." The Maya is described as Vaisnavi. Just like pure devotee is called Vaisnava, she is also described there as Vaisnavi
- Maya's position is not degraded. Don't think like that. Therefore Vaisnava offers all respect to Maya because she is working under Krsna. She is Vaisnavi. She is also energy of Krsna. Therefore she is also Vaisnavi
- One devotee said, "My dear Krsna, how can I address You as my son when You are addressed by the great Vedantists as the absolute truth and by the Vaisnavas who follow the principles of Narada-pancaratra as the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- One is elevated to the platform of devotional life by the mercy of a Vaisnava, the bona fide spiritual master, and by the special mercy of Krsna. On that platform, one gives up all material desires and the association of unwanted people
- One must accept a Vaisnava guru (adau gurv-asrayam), and then by questions and answers one should gradually learn what pure devotional service to Krsna is. That is called the parampara system
- One must render service to a Vaisnava in order to get freed from sinful reactions, revive one's original Krsna consciousness and be trained in how to love Krsna. This is the result of mahatma-seva
- One should follow in the footsteps of Sukadeva Gosvami and all the other Vaisnavas in the disciplic succession and should pay respectful obeisances unto Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari
- One who is attached to dry speculative knowledge has no relationship with Krsna. His occupation is criticizing Vaisnavas. Thus he is situated in criticism
- One who is interested in chanting the holy name of Krsna or who by practice likes to chant Krsna's names should be accepted as a Vaisnava and offered respects as such, at least within one's mind
- Since the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the original cause of everything, the Vaisnava sees everything in relationship with Krsna, even in this material world. By such advanced knowledge, everything becomes spiritualized
- Sometimes the Vaisnavas also observe this ceremony because they accept Lord Siva as the foremost Vaisnava. But the function of Siva-ratri is not observed very regularly by the bhaktas, or devotees of Krsna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is ananda-cinmaya vigraha, combination of hladini sakti, Srimati Radharani, and Krsna together. Therefore the Vaisnava sings, sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya. Radha-krsna nahe anya
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Without cessation continue chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna. Whenever possible, serve Him and His devotees, the Vaisnavas"
- Srila Sanatana Gosvami has advised us to hear about Krsna from a Vaisnava. He has explicitly forbidden us to hear from an avaisnava
- Tadiya means the tulasi leaves, the devotees of Krsna, the birthplace of Krsna (Mathura), and the Vedic literature Srimad-Bhagavatam. Krsna is very eager to see His devotee serve tulasi, Vaisnavas, Mathura and Bhagavatam
- The brahmanas want to worship Krsna, and similarly Krsna wants to worship the brahmanas. In conclusion, therefore, brahmanas and Vaisnavas who are engaged in preaching the glories of the Lord must be worshiped
- The devotee should avoid a person whose character is not fixed in the standard understanding; even though he may be a Vaisnava, or a devotee of Krsna, if his character is not correctly representative, then he should be avoided
- The difference is appreciated by great Vaisnavas because they can understand the difference between love of Krsna and lust
- The first business of a Vaisnava is to give up the association of persons who are not devotees of Krsna and who are too attached to material things - wife, children, bank balance and so on
- The gopis felt separation from Krsna before the rasa dance, as mentioned in Srimad-Bhagavatam, and the Gita-govinda expresses such feelings. There are many commentaries on the Gita-govinda by many Vaisnavas
- The gopis prayed to Katyayani to grant them Krsna as their husband, whereas mundaners visit the temple of Katyayani to receive some material profit. That is the difference between a Vaisnava's visit and a nondevotee's visit
- The idea is that as soon as a person sees these marks (tilaka) on the body of the Vaisnava, he will immediately remember Krsna. Lord Caitanya said that a Vaisnava is he who, when seen, reminds one of Krsna. Therefore, it is essential
- The impersonalists, they do not develop body. They simply remain as spirit particle. That is their idea. But we Vaisnava, we want to serve Krsna, therefore we require hands, legs and mouth and tongue, everything. So we are giving such body
- The intermediate Vaisnava considers himself krsna-dasa, Krsna's servant. He therefore preaches Krsna consciousness to innocent neophytes and stresses the importance of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- The ksatriya kings were mostly staunch Vaisnavas, worshiping Lord Visnu in either the Radha-Krsna or Laksmi-Narayana form; still, for their material welfare they used to worship goddess Durga
- The Lord's bodily features were very beautiful, and in addition He was always in the ecstasy of love of Godhead. Simply by seeing Him, everyone began chanting the holy name of Krsna, and thus everyone became a Vaisnava devotee
- The Mayavadis, who hold the view that the Absolute is impersonal and formless, contend that a realized soul has no need to talk. But the Vaisnavas, devotees of Krsna, contend that when one reaches the stage of realization, he really begins to talk
- The next important items are as follows: 1) One should decorate the body with tilaka, which is the sign of the Vaisnavas. (The idea is that as soon as a person sees these marks on the body of the Vaisnava, he will immediately remember Krsna
- The second-class devotee can consider the Vaisnavas, or the devotees of the Lord, to be representatives of Krsna
- The second-class devotee can consider the Vaisnavas, or the devotees of the Lord, to be representatives of Krsna, and the devotee who is just beginning
- The spiritual master represents both Lord Krsna and the Vaisnavas; therefore by following the instructions of the spiritual master and by chanting Hare Krsna, everything will be all right
- The Vaisnava says, "Previously we only talked of nonsense. Now let us begin our real talks, talks of Krsna"
- Then Lord Krsna warned His friends, "These brahmanas are not Vaisnavas. They cannot even chant Our names, 'Krsna' and 'Balarama.' They are very busy in chanting the Vedic hymns, although the purpose of Vedic knowledge is to find Me"
- There are many nice things offered to Krsna - garlands, bedsteads, nice ornaments, nice food and even nicely prepared pan, betel nuts - but a humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself
- They can be purified by association of Vaisnava. Yad-apa, yad-apasrayasrayah. Upasraya means just like a person who is a devotee of Krsna and if anyone takes shelter of such devotee, he can be purified. This is called parampara system
- This finger is part and parcel of my body. If you respect my body and kill my, cut my finger, shall I be happy? No. Therefore Vaisnava knows this, that "Even a small ant, he is the part and parcel of Krsna. So if I kill this ant, Krsna will be unhappy"
- Those who are simply learned are panditas but not yet devotees of the Lord, or Vaisnavas. Lord Krsna is not especially pleased with them
- Vaisnava has no unhappiness because he has got Krsna
- Vaisnava himself is very happy because he is in direct connection with Krsna. He personally has no complaint, because a Vaisnava is satisfied simply by serving Krsna. That's all. He doesn't want anything
- Vaisnava is ready to give respect even to the ant. And why not Lord Siva? And why not Lord Brahma or any other demigods? They offer. But they offer in which way? As servant of Krsna
- Vaisnavas are also Visnudutas because they carry out the orders of Krsna
- Vaisnavas are generally known as gosvamis. In Vrndavana, this is the title by which the director of each temple is known. One who wants to become a perfect devotee of Krsna must become a gosvami
- Vaisnavas do not require to practice any yogic power to become materially powerful. He doesn't require. Simply his surrender to Krsna makes him all-powerful. This is the position of Vaisnava
- Vaisnavas, they have no stringent law. They accept everything as Krsna-prasadam, actually offering Krsna, working for Krsna, living for Krsna
- Vrndavana specifically is the most exalted and preferred holy place for Vaisnava devotees of Lord Krsna who are aspiring to return back to Godhead, the Vaikuntha planets
- When all the Vaisnavas were chanting the holy names "Hari, Hari" and eating, they remembered how Krsna and Balarama ate with Their companions the cowherd boys on the bank of the Yamuna
- Whosever welfare you desire immediately becomes a Vaisnava, and Krsna delivers all Vaisnavas from the reactions of their past sinful activities
- Why are devotees of the demigods greater in number than the Vaisnavas? The answer is given herein. Vaisnavas are not interested in such fourth-class pleasures as wine and women, nor does Krsna allow them such facilities