Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:God and the Vaisnavas
Pages in category "God and the Vaisnavas"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- A jealous person in the dress of a Vaisnava is not at all happy to see the success of another Vaisnava in receiving the Lord's mercy. Unfortunately, in this Age of Kali there are many mundane persons in the dress of Vaisnavas
- A materialist sticks to the world for sense gratification, but a Vaisnava sannyasi, although not accepting anything for his personal sense gratification, knows the art of utilizing everything for the service of the Lord
- A pure Vaisnava thinks himself unfit to help free even one person from the reactions of sinful life, but he engages one's hard-earned money in the service of the Lord and thus frees one from sinful reactions
- A Vaisnava is always protected by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but if he appears to be an invalid, this gives a chance to his disciples to serve him
- A Vaisnava is especially favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Pleasing him or displeasing him directly affects the pleasure and displeasure of the Supreme
- A Vaisnava, or devotee, must not only be fixed in the service of the Lord, but, if required, must be prepared to argue with the impersonalist Mayavadis with all logic and philosophy and defeat their contention that the Absolute Truth is impersonal
- An actual Vaisnava cannot tolerate any philosophy that claims God and the living being to be one and the same
- As part of devotional service, Vaisnavas protect the body for the service of the Lord, but those who are gross materialists accept the body as the self
- Lord Buddha is mentioned specifically in Srimad-Bhagavatam as incarnation of Godhead, and yet Vaisnavas do not accept his philosophy, which is classified as atheism
- Lord Jesus Christ, he was Vaisnava. He directly gave you the idea of personal God
- Lord Rsabhadeva instructed His one hundred sons, of whom the eldest, Bharata, was a very advanced devotee and a follower of Vaisnavas. In order to rule the whole world, the Lord enthroned His eldest son on the royal seat
- Prahlada Maharaja did not ask for anything for himself; rather, he prayed for the Lord to excuse his demoniac father. This is the attitude of a Vaisnava, who always thinks of the welfare of the entire universe
- Prasuti, the wife of Daksa, implored the Lord to turn the priests into Vaisnavas instead of simply fruitive workers performing sacrifices for some material benefits
- The ancient, eternal Godhead, who is foremost amongst all great personalities, obtained the opulence of His staunch reputation, which purifies the entire universe, by worshiping the lotus feet of those brahmanas and Vaisnavas
- The Lord also relishes giving to the Vaisnava's mouth all eatables offered to Him. It is clear from this verse that the Lord eats through the sacrificial fire and the brahmana's mouth
- The Vaisnava sannyasis, who are engaged in devotional service, are happy in the discharge of their transcendental duties, and they have the guarantee of ultimate entrance into the kingdom of God
- Vaisnava, they do not worship Krsna alone without Radharani. They do not worship Rama without Sita. They do not worship Narayana without Laksmi, because the Lord and the energy must be there
- Visnu worship is the highest of the modes of worship. Elevated brahmanas are Vaisnavas engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord, and thus Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is the science of devotional service, is very dear to the Vaisnavas
- When a Vaisnava renounces the materialistic way of life and takes to sannyasa, it is not on the conception of the falsity of the material world but to devote himself fully to engaging everything in the service of the Lord
- When one is in the renounced order, saving money is not recommended. However, if one saves money for the service of the Lord or a Vaisnava, that is accepted