Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna and the Spiritual Master
Pages in category "Krsna and the Spiritual Master"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
- A fallen person should take advantage of this rope (the strong rope of spiritual instructions), and then the spiritual master, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, will take him out of the dark well
- A guru, or spiritual master, can be anyone who is well conversant with the science of Krsna
- A living entity in the conditioned stage can uncover his aptitude for serving the Absolute Truth by the grace of Krsna and the spiritual master
- A person who is properly purified and initiated by the spiritual master worships the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, by chanting this mantra, the Kama-gayatri with the kama-bija
- A spiritual master must have seen Krsna. Without seeing, he cannot be spiritual master. But how Krsna can be seen? Krsna can be seen by love
- A spiritual master's qualification is that he is brahma-nistha, which means that he has given up all other activities and has dedicated his life to working only for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- According to the deliberate opinion of all revealed scriptures, the spiritual master is nondifferent from Krsna. Lord Krsna in the form of the spiritual master delivers His devotees
- An authorized spiritual master empowered by Krsna can spread the glories of the holy name of the Lord, for he has power of attorney from the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- An empowered spiritual master is authorized by Krsna and his own guru and should therefore be considered as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. That is the verdict of Visvanatha Cakravarti
- Anyone from any part of the world who becomes well conversant in the science of Krsna becomes a pure devotee and a spiritual master for the general mass of people and may reclaim them by purification of heart
- Anyone who attempts to write about Krsna must first take permission from the spiritual master and Krsna
- By devotional service to Krsna and the spiritual master, then bhakti science becomes revealed. Without revelation, nobody can understand bhakti science, and without understanding bhakti science, nobody can understand Krsna
- By serving the spiritual master we please Krsna. We cannot please Krsna directly. This is nonsense. It is not possible
- By the grace of the spiritual master and Krsna, one nourishes the bhakti-lata by regularly sprinkling it with the water of sravana-kirtana, hearing and chanting
- By the mercy of the spiritual master one is benedicted by the mercy of Krsna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. A disciple should never be a hypocrite or be unfaithful to his spiritual master
- He (Krsna) helps from within as stated in Bhagavad-gita, and He sends the spiritual master, who helps from without. The spiritual master is the external manifestation of the caitya-guru, or the spiritual master sitting in everyone's heart
- He (the servant of the servant of Krsna) is most insignificant, and whatever good he does is by the grace of Krsna and the spiritual master
- I came in New York in such condition, but by the grace of my spiritual master Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja, and by the grace of Krsna, everything happens by combined mercy of Krsna and spiritual master
- If the devotee serves his spiritual master sincerely, Krsna automatically becomes pleased. By satisfying the spiritual master, one automatically satisfies Krsna. Thus the devotee becomes enriched by both the spiritual master and Krsna
- If your prayers are sincere then Krishna will accept them and if Krishna accepts them then automatically I accept them, and if I accept them then automatically Krishna accepts them. So like this Krishna is everywhere
- In all phases of life one has to perform devotional activities under the direction of the spiritual master in order to attain perfection in bhakti-yoga. It is not that one has to confine or narrow one's activities. Krsna is all-pervading
- In order to stop this stupidity of serving our senses, which will never come to an end, simply increase our bondage, we have to come to the spiritual master. He'll teach how to convert or to divert the activities of the senses to please Krsna
- In our mental activities we should always try to think of Krsna and try to plan how to please Him, following in the footsteps of the great acaryas and the personal spiritual master
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta it is therefore explained that one should serve both the spiritual master and Krsna simultaneously and in that way make progress in Krsna consciousness
- In this way the whole jurisdiction of Krsna consciousness is directly under the spiritual energy - Krsna and the spiritual master. This has nothing to do with the material world
- It is advised that the American people regret their mistaken advancement in civilization. They should take advice from the spiritual master, the representative of Krsna
- It is confirmed in the CC that the living entities are wandering within the universe in various species of life but by the mercy of Krsna & the spiritual master they can get the seed of devotional service, and thus their path of liberation can be cleared
- It is recommended in authoritative scriptures the spiritual master be worshiped as the S P of God because of being His very confidential servitor, it is accepted by great authorities that the spiritual master is the external manifestation of Krsna
- It is stated by Lord Krsna, "My dear Uddhava, the spiritual master must be accepted not only as My representative but as My very self. He must never be considered on the same level with an ordinary human being"
- It is the duty of the acarya, the spiritual master, to find the ways and means for his disciple to fix his mind on Krsna. That is the beginning of sadhana-bhakti
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife to seek shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, so that all her problems would be very easily solved. Thus Kasyapa Muni was an ideal spiritual master
- Krsna does not become the direct spiritual master unless one is fully trained by His representative spiritual master
- Krsna reveals Himself from within to one who is serious about God realization. Both Krsna and the spiritual master help the sincere soul
- Krsna said, "Both of us (Krsna and Sudama) can realize that without the blessings of the spiritual master no one can be happy"
- Krsna said, "By the mercy of the spiritual master and by his blessings, one can achieve peace and prosperity and be able to fulfill the mission of human life"
- Krsna said, "One should never be envious of the spiritual master, as one may be envious of an ordinary man"
- Krsna said, "One should utilize first part of life in becoming a bonafide student, receiving adequate knowledge and keeping oneself in the vow of brahmacarya, one may completely devote life for service of the spiritual master without sense gratification"
- Krsna said, "The spiritual master should always be seen as the representative of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and by serving the spiritual master, one is able to serve all the demigods"
- Krsna said, "Those in this class are generally known as guru-druhah, which means they receive favors from the parents or the spiritual master and yet neglect them"
- Lord Caitanya said that only one who is fortunate can get the seed of transcendental loving service, by the mercy of Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, and that of the spiritual master
- Lord Krsna said, "A human being who takes advantage of these spiritual masters and, receiving proper knowledge from them, crosses the ocean of material existence is to be understood as having properly utilized his human form of life"
- Lord Krsna said, "My dear friend, everyone should consider his father to be his first teacher because by the mercy of one's father one gets this body. The father is therefore the natural spiritual master"
- Lord Krsna said, "The spiritual master who instructs the disciple about spiritual matters is called the siksa-guru, and the spiritual master who initiates the disciple is called the diksa-guru. Both of them are My representatives"
- Lord krsna said, "There may be many spiritual masters who instruct, but the initiator spiritual master is one"
- One must see things as they are through the mercy of a spiritual master; otherwise, if one tries to see Krsna directly, he may mistake an ordinary man for Krsna or Krsna for an ordinary man
- One need only be firmly convinced by the spiritual master that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If one decides this, he can make further progress by thinking of Krsna, chanting of Krsna and glorifying Him
- One ordinarily does not begin to practice bhakti-yoga unless he has practiced it in previous births. Moreover, one can begin bhakti-yoga only by the mercy of the spiritual master and Krsna
- Service rendered to Krsna under the direction of the spiritual master is bona fide service because the spiritual master is the manifested representative of Krsna
- So the Lord or the spiritual master absorbs. But we should be conscious that "We shall not commit any more sinful activities so that my spiritual master or Krsna will have to again accept them on my behalf"
- Spiritual master does not manufacture his own ideas. That is not spiritual master. Spiritual master is he who speaks exactly the words which is spoken by Krsna. That is the secret. You cannot change
- Spiritual master is representative of Krsna. Krsna sends some sincere devotee to act on His behalf, and therefore he is spiritual master
- The criterion is that a devotee must know what Krsna wants him to do. This understanding can be achieved through the medium of a spiritual master who is a bona fide representative of Krsna
- The duty of a human being is to capture the opportunity to come in touch with Krsna's representative, the bona fide spiritual master. Under the guidance of the spiritual master, the spiritual father, one can return home, back to Godhead
- The execution of Krsna conscious activities with the body should be directed by the spiritual master and then performed with faith. The connection with the spiritual master is called initiation
- The forgetful conditioned soul is educated by Krsna through the Vedic literatures, the realized spiritual master and the Supersoul
- The human body is the boat, the instructions of Lord Krsna are the favorable winds, and the spiritual master is the navigator. The spiritual master knows well how to adjust the sails to catch the winds favorably and steer the boat to its destination
- The only thing wanted is that we should work very sincerely, with full faith in Krishna and the Spiritual Master. Then all help will come automatically
- The poor spiritual master is kind and merciful enough to accept a disciple and suffer for that disciple's sinful activities, but Krsna, being merciful to His servant, neutralizes the reactions of sinful deeds for the servant who engages in preaching
- The real ocean of mercy is Krsna and it is the duty of the spiritual master to tell his disciple to come to the ocean and be happy. The spiritual master's duty is to lead the disciple to this ocean
- The secret of success is that one should be eager to serve the Spiritual Master and Krsna simultaneously with the same regard and things will become automatically revealed in the heart of the devotee
- The spiritual master as the visible manifestation of Krsna is necessary, therefore, to direct the devotee on behalf of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The word 'muni' also means 'bird' and 'bumblebee.' The word 'nirgrantha' refers to foolish people. By the mercy of Krsna, such creatures contact a sadhu (spiritual master) and thus engage in devotional service
- This is Krishna Consciousness. No matter what the conditions, still a devotee will always try his best to please his spiritual master and Krishna
- This Krsna consciousness movement is meant for the purpose of understanding God. The spiritual master is the living representative of Krsna who helps externally, and Krsna as Supersoul helps internally
- Unflinching faith in devotional service, in Lord Krsna and in the spiritual master makes one highly elevated in the activities of devotional service
- Unless one is a prabhu, or controller of the senses, he cannot act as spiritual master, who is authorized by the supreme prabhu, or Lord Krsna
- Unless one is in touch with a realized spiritual master, he cannot actually realize the real nature of self, etc. And out of thousands and hundreds of thousands of men, someone may know what Lord Krsna is in fact