Krsna and Cows
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► God and Cows (1 C, 14 P)
Pages in category "Krsna and Cows"
The following 167 pages are in this category, out of 167 total.
- About Lohavana, the Bhakti-ratnakara (Fifth Wave) states: “At Lohavana, Lord Krsna used to tend cows. The demon named Lohajangha was killed at this place”
- Accompanied by the cowherd boys and Balarama, Krsna brought forward the cows and played on His flute as He entered the forest of Vrndavana, which was full of flowers, vegetables and pasturing grass
- After decorating Himself (Krsna) (with cosmetics and ornaments), the Lord would then look at marble statues of the cow and calf and visit temples of God or demigods like Lord Siva
- After extinguishing the devastating fire, Krsna, surrounded by His relatives, friends, cows, calves and bulls and glorified by His friends' singing, again entered Vrndavana, which is always full of cows
- After Lord Brahma had stolen all of the calves, cows and cowherd boys from Krsna, he was trying to go away. But all of a sudden he became doubtful about his stealing affairs and began to watch on all sides with his eight eyes
- All the cowherd men conferred and agreed to give those boys who had passed their fifth year charge of the cows in the pasturing ground. Given charge of the cows, Krsna and Balarama traversed Vrndavana, purifying the land with Their lotus footprints
- All the cows and cowherd boys became so afflicted by the wind and cold that they all gathered together to take shelter under the lotus feet of Krsna. This is an instance of emotion caused by severe rainfall
- All the cows, bulls and small calves became overwhelmed with grief, and they began to look at Him with great anxiety. Out of fear they could only cry in agony and stand erect on the bank, unable to help their beloved Krsna
- All the men loaded their valuables on carts and slowly left with their cows and other paraphernalia. After they had cleared out everything, Lord Krsna very slowly replaced Govardhana Hill in exactly the same position it had been before
- Although none of you have yet been here in Vrndavana, still, Krsna has given you the spiritual vision and you are seeing Vrndavana actually, the paintings are so nice. Just see how the cows are looking at Krsna
- Although Putana was an evil spirit, she gained elevation just like the mother of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is clear that the cows and the elder gopis who offered milk to Krsna were also elevated to the transcendental position
- Although the cows and elder gopis of Vrndavana had greater affection for Krsna than for their own offspring, after this incident their affection for their offspring increased unlimitedly, exactly as it did for Krsna
- Another gopi said, "With leaves and flowers decorating His (Krsnas) body, He looks like some hero. When He plays on His flute and calls the cows with Balarama, the river Yamuna stops flowing and waits for the air to carry dust from His lotus feet"
- Arjuna has addressed Lord Krsna as Govinda (in BG 1.32-35) because Krsna is the object of all pleasures for cows and the senses. By using this significant word, Arjuna indicates what will satisfy his senses. BG 1972 purports
- As soon as he (Akrura) entered the boundary of Vrndavana, he saw the hoofprints of the cows and Lord Krsna’s footprints, impressed with the signs of His soles - the flag, trident, thunderbolt and lotus flower
- As Vaisnavas count 108 beads, which represent the 108 individual gopis, so Krsna would also count on 108 beads to count the different groups of cows
- At that time Krsna entered the forest of Vrndavana with the cows and cowherd boys. Krsna was very much pleased with the atmosphere of the forest, where flowers bloomed and bees and drones hummed very jubilantly
- At that time Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, known now as the lifter of Govardhana Hill, said, "My dear cowherd men, now you can leave and take your wives, children, cows and valuables, because everything is ended"
- Baladeva felt astonished and said, "How wonderful it is that my ecstatic love for Krsna is again being attracted to so many cowherd boys, calves and cows!" He was struck with wonder by thinking in this way
- Balarama represents plowing the land for agriculture and therefore always carries in His hand a plow, whereas Krsna tends cows and therefore carries a flute in His hand. Thus the two brothers represent krsi-raksya and go-raksya
- Balarama said to Krsna, You Yourself are playing as the calves & cows & boys. What is the mystery of this situation? Where have those other calves & cows & boys gone? And why are You expanding Yourself as the cows, calves & boys? Will You kindly tell Me
- Because of an increase of affection, the cows had constant attachment even to those calves (Krsna's calf expansions) that were grown up and had stopped sucking milk from their mothers - SB 10.13.35
- Because our cows know very well that we are not going to kill them, they are happy, and they give ample milk. Therefore this instruction given by Lord Krsna - go-raksya - is extremely meaningful
- Being so pleased by Krsna's return, Maharaja Nanda gave many cows and much gold in charity to the brahmanas. While Nanda Maharaja was thus engaged, mother Yasoda simply embraced Krsna and made Him sit on her lap while she shed tears continuously
- Brahma realized that all the different forms of cows, boys and calves transformed into Visnu forms were not transformed by mysticism of the type that a yogi or demigod can display by specific powers invested in him
- Brahma said, "I do not even care what form of life I get in the future, because I can see that even in the form of cows and calves or cowherd boys, the devotees are so fortunate to be always engaged in Your transcendental loving service and association"
- Brahma said, "I wish to be one of them instead of such an exalted person as I am now, for I am full of ignorance. The gopis and cows of Vrndavana are so fortunate that they have been able to supply their breast milk to You"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are engaged in performing great sacrifices cannot attain the perfection of understanding You, but simply by devotional service these innocent village women and cows are all able to satisfy You with their milk"
- Brahma said, "With the attraction of the moon, You are enhancing the potency of the land, the demigods, the brahmanas, the cows and the oceans. Because of Your supreme attraction, demons like Kamsa and others are annihilated"
- Brahma said, "You have drunk their (the innocent village women and cows) milk to satisfaction, yet You are never satisfied as much by those engaged in performing sacrifices"
- Brahma saw Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, appearing as a cowherd boy in Vrndavana, not demonstrating His opulence but standing just like an innocent boy with some food in His hand, loitering with His cowherd boyfriends, calves and cows
- By his mystic power, Brahma stole all the cows, calves and cowherd friends of Krsna and hid them. However, when he returned to see what Krsna was doing alone, he saw that Krsna was still playing with the same cows, calves and cowherd boys
- By His Vaikuntha potency, Lord Krsna had expanded all the stolen cows, calves and friends. Indeed, Brahma saw millions and billions of them, and he also saw millions and billions of tons of sugarcane and fruit, lotus flowers and horns
- Finally, by following the footprints marked with flag, bow and conchshell, the inhabitants of Vrndavana arrived at the riverbank and saw that all the cows and boys were weeping to behold Krsna enwrapped in the coils of the black serpent Kaliya
- For one year Lord Brahma kept the calves and boys lying down in a cave by his mystic power. Therefore when Brahma saw Lord Krsna still playing with all the cows and calves, he began trying to reason about what was happening. What is this
- For the cowherd men and the cows, Krsna is the supreme friend. Therefore He is worshiped by the prayer namo brahmanya-devaya go-brahmana-hitaya ca
- For the cowherd men and the cows, Krsna is the supreme friend. Therefore He is worshiped by the prayer namo brahmanya-devaya go-brahmana-hitaya ca. His pastimes in Gokula, His dhama, are always favorable to the brahmanas and the cows
- He (Balarama) was astonished to see all the residents of Vrndavana so affectionate to their own children, exactly as they had been to Krsna. Similarly, the cows had grown affectionate to the calves - as much as to Krsna
- He (Lord Krsna) was the son of a well-to-do landholder who owned hundreds and thousands of cows, and according to Vedic economics, one is considered to be a rich man by the strength of his store of grains and cows
- He (Nanda Maharaja) gave so many cows just for the welfare of his wonderful child (Krsna), and the brahmanas in return bestowed their heartfelt blessings. And the blessings offered by the able brahmanas were never to be baffled
- His (Krsna) pastimes with Nanda and Yasoda and His pastimes with the cowherd men and especially with the cowherd boys and the cows have caused Him to be known as Govinda
- How the cows and asses can understand Krsna? They cannot understand. If you want to understand Krsna, then you should hear from Krsna and take it as it is. Then you'll understand. If you are fortunate enough, then you'll understand
- How they were happy, the inhabitants of Vrndavana with Krsna and living and cows. That I want to introduce. At any cost do it and... Don't bother about big, big buildings. It is not required. Useless waste of time. Produce. Make the whole field green
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending the cows fulfilling all desires in abodes filled with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of wish-fulfilling trees
- If a person possessing millions of wish-fulfilling cows loses one she-goat, he does not consider the loss. Krsna owns all six opulences in full. If the entire material energy is destroyed, what does He lose
- If Putana attained the position of a mother of Krsna, what then is to be said of the cows whose nipples Krsna sucked with great pleasure and who offered their milk very jubilantly with affection exactly like that of a mother - SB 10.6.37-38
- In the evening, Krsna and Balarama, along with the boys and cows, returned to Vrndavana, playing Their flutes
- In the first part of the Gopala-campu the following subject matters are discussed: (12) the tending of the cows in the forest; (13) (Krsna's) taking care of the cows and chastising the Kaliya serpent
- In the Lalita-madhava, Krsna is addressed as follows, "My dear Krsna, when You are engaged in herding the animals, the dust caused by the hooves of the calves and cows covers Your nice face and artistic tilaka, and You appear very dusty"
- In Vrndavana all the spiritual entities - the cowherd boys, the cow maids, the forest, the trees, the hills, the water, the fruits, the cows, and all others - enjoy life spiritually in association with the Lord, Sri Krsna
- In Vrndavana, everyone and everything is attracted to Krsna, including the trees, the plants, the water, and animals like the deer and cows. That is the perfect description of Krsna’s all-attractiveness
- Indra said, "Because they have taken Krsna so seriously, they must be punished. They should be destroyed with their cows." In this way Indra ordered the Samvartaka cloud to go to Vrndavana and inundate the place
- Is Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who gives pleasure to the cows, the senses and the brahmanas, who is very affectionate towards His devotees, enjoying the pious assembly at Dvaraka Puri surrounded by friends?
- Just like somebody keeps a batch of dogs to love. The dog also love the master, and the master loves the dog. So why not Krsna loving cows and calves and they also love Krsna?
- Just like this cow. Just see. What does it know? He's an animal. You see? But the calf knows to brush his head and tongue like this, in love. It is doing and Krsna accepting, "Yes." That is expert
- King Nanda said, "Gargacarya assured me that this boy would be all-auspicious for my family and that He (Krsna) would be able to give transcendental blissful pleasure to all the cowherd men and cows in Vrndavana"
- Krsna and Balarama were so restless that Their mothers Yasoda and Rohini would try to protect Them from cows, bulls, monkeys, water, fire and birds while they were executing their household duties
- Krsna continued, "Although My foster father possessed many hundreds of thousands of cows, I (Krsna) was not the proprietor of even one of them. I was simply entrusted with taking care of them and tending them, but I was not the proprietor"
- Krsna desired to utilize the opulent financial strength of Maharaja Nanda for worship of the cows & wanted to give a lesson to Indra. Thus He advised His father to perform worship of pasturing land and the cows, with the help of learned brahmanas
- Krsna has become everything. After Brahma has stolen the original cowherds boys and cows and calves, Krsna has expanded Himself. So on account of Krsna's expansion, the cowherdsmen got a special attraction
- Krsna Himself worshiped the cows on several occasions, especially on the days of Gopastami and Govardhana-puja
- Krsna is first-class, His devotees are also first-class. The trees, the birds, the cows, and the calves are all first-class. Therefore it is called absolute. No conception of relative, second-class, third-class, fourth-class
- Krsna is very fond of brahmanas and cows. The brahmanas promulgate the cause of advancement in Krsna consciousness, and the cows give enough milk to maintain the body in the mode of goodness
- Krsna is yajna-bhuk - that is, He eats only offerings of yajna - but to exhibit His childhood pastimes, He now sat with His flute tucked between His waist & tight cloth on His right side & with His horn bugle & cow-driving stick on His left - SB 0.13.11
- Krsna said at that time that the cows are worshiped even by the demigods, and He practically demonstrated how to protect the cows. At least people who are in Krsna consciousness should follow in His footsteps and give all protection to the cows
- Krsna said: "My dear King (Kaliya) of the snakes, although I have given you so much pain, please do not be dissatisfied with Me. It is My duty to protect these cows, which are worshiped even by the demigods"
- Krsna said: "Only in order to save them (cows) from the danger of your (Kaliya's) presence have I been obliged to banish you from this place"
- Krsna, who had divided Himself as different calves and also as different cowherd boys, entered different cow sheds as the calves and then different homes as different boys - SB 10.13.21
- Let me (Kunti) therefore offer my respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who has become the son of Vasudeva, the pleasure of Devaki, the boy of Nanda and the other cowherd men of Vrndavana, and the enlivener of the cows and the senses
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Krsna, who is the worshipable Deity for all brahminical men, who is the well-wisher of cows & brahmanas, & who is always benefiting the whole world. I offer my repeated obeisances to the Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna and His friends went to the forest to play with the cows, and it is said that the boys who accompanied Krsna enjoyed transcendental friendship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna as Govinda is more inclined to the brahmanas and the cows, indicating thereby that human prosperity depends more on these two items, namely brahminical culture and cow protection. Lord Krsna is never satisfied where these are lacking
- Lord Krsna is the prime protector of brahminical culture and the cow. Without knowing and respecting these, one cannot realize the science of God, and without this knowledge, any welfare activities or humanitarian propaganda cannot be successful
- Lord Krsna’s kingship over the cows became splendidly manifest (in CC Madhya 18.37 quoted from Stavavali, Vraja-vilasa-stava 74). I pray that Govinda-kunda, the lake created by that ceremonial bath, may eternally appear before my eyes
- Lord Sri Krsna, by His personal example, taught us the importance of cow protection, which is meant not only for the Indian climate but for all human beings all over the universe
- Mother Yasoda called for the brahmanas, and through her children she gave many cows in charity for the occasion of Krsna's birthday. In this way she performed the birthday ceremony of Krsna at home
- Mother Yasoda was firmly convinced of the Vedic injunctions about the importance of cows and the holy name of Visnu; therefore she took all shelter in the cows and the name of Visnu just to protect her child Krsna
- Nanda is said to have possessed 9 hundred thousand cows, & at the time of Krsna (about 5000 years ago) the tract of land known as Vrndavana was flooded with milk and butter. Therefore God's gifted professions for mankind are agriculture & cow protection
- Nanda Maharaj, the father of Krsna, used to think: "In my pasturing ground the goddess of fortune is personally present, and I possess more than ten hundred, thousand cows which loiter here and there"
- Nanda Maharaja, for the sake of the affluence of his own son Krsna, gave the brahmanas cows fully decorated with garments, flower garlands and gold necklaces - SB 10.7.16
- On this occasion (of Krsna's first birthday), mother Yasoda arranged to distribute a large quantity of grain, and first-class cows decorated with golden ornaments were made ready to be given in charity to the learned, respectable brahmanas
- Others interpret in this way: Krsna appeared in order to kill the demons and give protection to the devotees. The first demon to be killed was a woman. According to Vedic rules, the killing of a woman, a brahmana, cows or a child is strictly forbidden
- Our senses cannot perceive how He (Krsna) could keep an unlimited number of calves and cows and have unlimited space in which to do so. But this is answered in the Brhad-bhagavatamrta
- Regarding Brijbasi posters, just take out pictures portraying Krishna with cows, with Gopis - just Krishna pictures, no pictures of demigods. Those pictures are alright
- Rupa Goswami said, "He (Krsna) has expanded Himself into so many cows, calves and cowherd boys, and He has again manifested Himself in all of them as the four-handed Narayana"
- Similarly, Mother Yasoda felt frustration when she thought, "Although I have millions of cows, the milk of these cows could not satisfy Krsna"
- Since Garga Muni was an astrologer, he could understand everything past and future, and thus he said, "I know everything about His activities and names, but others do not know. This child (Krsna) will be very pleasing to all the cowherd men and cows"
- Sometimes Krsna used to go with His boyfriends and Balarama, and sometimes He used to go alone with His friends to the bank of the Yamuna and tend the cows
- Sometimes, Their ankle bells tinkling, They (Krsna and Rama) would play football with fruits like bael and amalaki. Sometimes They would cover Themselves with blankets and imitate cows and bulls and fight with one another, roaring loudly - SB 10.11.39-40
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura points out that in Vrajabhumi there is the Yamuna River with its sandy banks. There are kadamba trees, cows, Krsna’s sticks with which He herds cows, and Krsna’s flute. All of these belong to santa-rasa
- Sukadeva Gosvami wanted to explain this increment of affection in terms of Krsna's bewilderment of Brahma, the gopis, the cows and everyone else
- The child was completely washed with the urine of a cow, and the dust created by the hooves of the cows was thrown all over His body. This was all just to save little Krsna from future inauspicious accidents
- The citizens of Dvaraka addressed Lord Krsna not only as Damodara but also as Govinda, which indicates that Krsna is very affectionate to the cows and calves
- The cowherd friends of Krsna were so happy in His company that they expressed their transcendental feelings within themselves thus, "My dear Krsna, You are always busy tending the cows which are scattered all over beautiful Vrndavana"
- The cowherd men said, "By picking up Govardhana Hill, just as a child picks up a mushroom, He (Krsna) saved us so wonderfully. May He continue to glance mercifully over us and our cows. May we live peacefully under the protection of wonderful Krsna"
- The cowherd men, having been unable to check the cows from going to their calves (Krsna's calf expansions), felt simultaneously ashamed and angry - SB 10.13.32
- The cows began licking the calves' (Krsna's calf expansions) bodies in anxiety, as if wanting to swallow them - SB 10.13.31
- The cows had given birth to new calves, but while coming down from Govardhana Hill, the cows, because of increased affection for the older calves (Krsna's calf expansions), allowed the older calves to drink milk from their milk bags - SB 10.13.31
- The damsels in Vrajadhama were girls born of the vaisya class, and they engaged in protecting cows and producing agriculture. Krsna's foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and his associates were all vaisyas
- The dust from cows and calves on the road creates a kind of darkness indicating that Krsna is returning home from the pasture. Also, the darkness of evening provokes the gopis to meet Krsna
- The elder gopis said, "when we go to milk the cows, we find no milk, and we have to return with empty pots. If we warn Krsna and Balarama about doing this, They simply smile so charmingly that we cannot do anything"
- The elderly persons like Nanda Maharaja and Yasodadevi, the friends like Sridama, Sudama and the other cowherd boys, the gopis like Srimati Radharani and Her associates, and even the birds, beasts, cows and calves are attracted (by Krsna)
- The example of the damsels of Vrajabhumi Vrndavana (the gopis) is given because these eternal consorts of God terribly suffered the separation of Lord Krsna when God was absent from their presence for His engagement in tending the cows in the forest
- The famous anna-kuta ceremony, performed in Vrndavana especially and also in all other parts of India, was thus introduced by the Lord, and people still follow this path by worshiping Govardhana Hill, where the Lord used to take pleasure in tending cows
- The four brahmana-sages stated that Krsna is naturally the protector of the cows and brahmanas: go-brahmana-hitaya ca
- The gopis are so fortunate that they can see and think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, beginning from their milking the cows or husking the paddy or churning the butter in the morning
- The gopis saw that the cows were hearing the sweet songs vibrated by Krsna's flute and were appearing to be drinking the nectar of these transcendental sounds. The calves were stunned, and they forgot to drink the milk from the milk bags
- The importance of protecting cows is stressed by Krsna in Bhagavad-gita (krsi-go-raksya-vanijyam vaisya-karma svabhavajam) - BG 18.44
- The inhabitants of Krsna's abode have such unflinching love for Krsna. That is Vrndavana life. The cows, the calves, the trees, the flowers, the water, the elderly men, Krsna's parents Nanda Maharaja & Yasodamayi - everyone is intensely attached to Krsna
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana, including the cowherd boys and men, the gopis, mother Yasoda, Maharaja Nanda and all the cows and calves, saw Krsna coming from the Yamuna, and it was as though they had recovered their very life
- The Lord (Krsna) is known as Devaki-nandana and Yasoda-nandana because He accepted the role of son for mother Devaki and mother Yasoda, and He is known as Gopala because He enjoyed the sport of maintaining the cows and calves
- The Lord chastised the snake-king within the water and drove him away, and after coming out of the river, He caused the cows to drink the water and proved that the water was again in its natural state
- The Lord is specifically the protector of the cows and the brahmanas, and hence He enhances the prosperity of the world
- The manifestation of the Visnu forms of the boys, cows and calves was not like the heat, but rather like the fire - they were all actually Visnu. Factually, the qualification of Visnu is full truth, full knowledge & full bliss
- The result of understanding these signs (a bucket full of water, an empty bucket, a cow being milked alongside its calf) is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science
- The topmost planet is called Goloka, or Krsnaloka. Go means cows. Krsna is very much fond of cows. Therefore that planet is called also Goloka, the planet full of cows
- The transcendental body of Krsna did not require any protection, but to instruct us on the importance of the cow, the Lord was smeared over with cow dung, washed with the urine of a cow, and sprinkled with the dust upraised by the walking of the cows
- The trees on the bank of the Yamuna, along with all the cows, bulls & calves, were full of pleasure because of Krsna's appearance there. The brahmana inhabitants of Vrndavana immediately came with their wives to congratulate Krsna and His family members
- The word goloka means "planet of the cows." Because Krsna is very fond of cows, His abode is known as Goloka. Goloka Vrndavana is larger than all the material and spiritual planets put together
- Their (cows and calves) eyes seemed to be embracing Krsna, and there were tears in their eyes. This is an instance of inertia resulting from hearing the transcendental vibrations of Krsna's flute
- Their (the cows') milk bags full and flowing with milk, their heads and tails raised, and their humps moving with their necks, they ran forcefully until they reached their calves (Krsna's calf expansions) to feed them - SB 10.13.30
- Then He crossed over three high walls, and later, because of strong feelings of separation from Krsna, He fell down amidst the cows of the Tailanga district and retracted all the limbs of His body like a tortoise
- Then Krsna, the supreme mystic, the powerful Personality of Godhead, immediately swallowed up all the flames of the fire. The cows and boys were thus saved from imminent danger
- Then Krsna, who is the life of all that lives, simply cast His merciful glance over them, and all the (cowherd) boys and cows regained consciousness and began to look at one another with great astonishment
- Then Vasudeva remembered the cows he had wanted to give in charity to the brahmanas after the birth of Krsna & Balarama. But being imprisoned by Kamsa at that time, Vasudeva had been able to do so only within his mind, for Kamsa had stolen all his cows
- There (in Vrajabhumi) are kadamba trees, cows, Krsna’s sticks with which He herds cows, and Krsna’s flute. All of these belong to santa-rasa, the mellow of neutrality in devotional service
- There were also many learned brahmanas present (at the birth ceremony of Krsna), and Nanda Maharaja, being very satisfied on this occasion, gave them different kinds of garments, ornaments and cows in charity
- These are some of the activities of Krsna's sakhas. Sometimes the sakhas would take care of the cows who were going hither and thither
- These phenomena indicate that even the cows and calves in Vrndavana knew how to cry for Krsna and embrace Him heart to heart. Actually, the perfection of Krsna consciousness can be culminated in the shedding of tears from the eyes
- These relations of the cows & gopis with their calves & boys remained unchanged, although actually the original calves & boys were not there. Actually the cows' affection for their calves & the elder gopis' affection for the boys causelessly increased
- They also worshiped him with a suitable presentation of honey mixed with other ingredients. When Akrura was thus comfortably seated, Krsna and Balarama offered Him a cow in charity and then brought very palatable dishes, and Akrura accepted them
- This incident (of washing Krsna with the urine of a cow, and throwing the dust created by the hooves of the cows all over His body) gives us a clear indication of how important the cow is to the family, society and to living beings in general
- This is one of the examples ( Krsna expanded Himself into so many cowherd boys, calves and cows) in which Krsna Himself becomes the object and reservoir of ecstatic love in the impetuous aspect
- Today the moon is conjoined with the auspicious star of Your (Krsna's) birth. Therefore, be pure and give cows in charity to the brahmanas - SB 10.11.18
- Vasudeva wanted to perform a charitable ceremony to celebrate Krsna’s appearance, but because he was shackled within the walls of Kamsa’s prison, this was not possible. Instead, within his mind he gave thousands of cows to the brahmanas
- Vrndavana is full of peacocks. The Vrndavana forest is always full of cuckoos, ducks, swans, peacocks, cranes and also monkeys, bulls and cows. So Krsna and Balarama used to imitate the sounds of these animals and enjoy sporting
- When Baladeva saw this attachment (the cows' constant attachment to those calves (Krsna's expansions) that were grown up and had stopped sucking milk), He was unable to understand the reason for it, and thus He began to consider - SB 10.13.35
- When Balarama saw this extraordinary exchange of affection between the cows & the calves and between the fathers and their children - when neither the calves nor children needed so much care - He began to wonder why this extraordinary thing had happened
- When Brahma was deluded by Krsna, who expanded Himself into so many cowherd boys, calves and cows, Krsna's elder brother, Sri Baladeva (a direct expansion of Krsna Himself), felt astonishment and said
- When He saw that all the inhabitants of Gokula - including His mother and father, the gopis, the boys and the cows - were just on the point of death and that they had no shelter for salvation from imminent death, Krsna immediately freed Himself
- When Krsna and Balarama, with the strength of Their legs, crawled in the muddy places created in Vraja by cow dung and cow urine, Their crawling resembled the crawling of serpents, and the sound of Their ankle bells was very charming - SB 10.8.22
- When Krsna appeared as the son of Nanda Maharaj, in clear consciousness Nanda Maharaj desired all auspiciousness for his son and thus began to give in charity valuable cows to all the brahmanas
- When Krsna comes to establish real perfection in the social order, He personally gives protection to the cows and the brahmanas - go-brahmana-hitaya ca
- When Krsna had extinguished the fire, the cowherd boys opened their eyes and saw that they had been relieved from the danger and that their cows and calves were all safe
- When Krsna left the village for the pasturing grounds, where He tended the cows and calves, the gopis were very much afflicted because they saw Krsna walking on the sand and thought that Krsna's lotus feet were being pierced by broken chips of stone
- When Krsna was in Vrndavana, His activities with His cowherd boy friends, with His damsel friends, with the inhabitants of Vrndavana and with the cows were full of happiness. The total population of Vrndavana knew nothing but Krsna. BG 1972 Introduction
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- When mother Yasoda and Rohini were unable to protect the babies (Krsna & Balarama) from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws and teeth they were always in anxiety, & their household engagements were disturbed - SB 10.8.25
- When Nanda Maharaj saw the beauty of child Krsna with tiger nails on His chest, a complexion like the new-grown tamala tree, beautifully decorated tilaka made with cow's urine, arm decorations of nice silk thread and silk clothes tied around His waist
- When the calves (Krsna's calf expansions) arrived, the mothers began licking the calves' bodies again and again and profusely feeding them with the milk flowing from their milk bags - SB 10.13.24
- When the gopis saw Krsna fearlessly playing on Putana's lap, they very quickly came and picked Him up. Mother Yasoda, Rohini and other elder gopis immediately performed the auspicious rituals by taking the tail of a cow and circumambulating His body
- While Krsna & Balarama & Their friends were eating, they watched the cows, calves & bulls. The cows appeared to be a little tired from standing with their heavy milk bags. By sitting and chewing grass, they became happy, and Krsna was pleased to see them
- While Krsna and Balarama and Their friends were engaged in the pastimes described above, the cows, being unobserved, began to wander off on their own, entering farther and farther into the deepest part of the forest, allured by fresh grasses
- Who can conquer God? Only the devotees. Just like in Vrndavana, the gopis, the cowherd boys, Mother Yasoda, father Nanda and all of them, even the cows and calves, they conquered God, Krsna
- Why you create unnecessary necessities of life and become complicated and forget Krsna? What is this civilization? Rascal civilization. Instead of giving protection to the cows, you are cutting the throat. Is that civilization?
- With the death of Kamsa his cows were released, and now Vasudeva gave the actual cows to the brahmanas. Then Balarama and Krsna were duly initiated with the sacred thread ceremony, and They repeated the chanting of the Gayatri mantra
- Yasoda says, "Rasala, you just prepare the betel nuts. You can all see that Krsna is approaching. There is dust overhead, and the cows can be seen very distinctly"
- You (Krsna) are the proprietor of the transcendental abode, and You descend to relieve the distresses of the cows, the brahmanas and the devotees. You possess all mystic powers, and You are the preceptor of the entire universe
- You may love humanity, but because you do not love Krsna, therefore you do not love the cows; you send them to slaughterhouse. So your love will remain defective. It will never be complete. And if you love Krsna, then you will love even the small ant
- You may narrate also about the auspicious characteristics of the Lord in His different incarnations for the welfare of the twice-born, the cows and the demigods
- You rogue, do you dare beat an innocent cow because Lord Krsna and Arjuna, the carrier of the Gandiva bow, are out of sight? Since you are beating the innocent in a secluded place, you are considered a culprit and therefore deserve to be killed