Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna Taking Care of Cows
Pages in category "Krsna Taking Care of Cows"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- A few days before a year had passed, Krsna & Balarama were maintaining the calves in the forest when They saw some cows grazing on the top of Govardhana Hill. The cows could see down into the valley where the calves were being taken care of by the boys
- After the killing of the demon, Krsna and Balarama finished Their breakfast in the morning, and while continuing to take care of the calves, They wandered here and there
- Along with the other little cowherd boys, Krsna and Balarama went into the pasturing ground and took charge of the calves, and there They played with Their playmates. While taking charge of the calves, sometimes the two brothers played on Their flutes
- As He grew to six and seven years old, the Lord was given charge of looking after the cows and bulls in the grazing grounds
- As soon as Krsna and Balarama were a little grown up, They were meant for taking care of the calves. Although born of a very well-to-do family, They still had to take care of the calves
- In the Mathura-khanda chapter of the Skanda Purana, there is a description of Krsna and Balarama, surrounded by all the cowherd boys, always engaged in taking care of the cows and calves
- In this way, the maintainers of the complete creation, Krsna and Balarama, used to take care of the calves every day, beginning in the morning, and thus They enjoyed Their childhood pastimes as cowherd boys in Vrndavana
- Keeping the calves before them, they started for the forest in a great procession. In this way, Lord Krsna assembled thousands of His boyfriends. Equipped with a stick, flute, horn, as well as a lunch bag, each was taking care of thousands of calves
- Krsna continued, "Although My foster father possessed many hundreds of thousands of cows, I (Krsna) was not the proprietor of even one of them. I was simply entrusted with taking care of them and tending them, but I was not the proprietor"
- Krsna identified Himself with the vaisya community because Nanda was protecting many cows & Krsna was taking care of them. He enumerated four kinds of business engagements for the vaisya community, namely agriculture, trade, protection of cows & banking