Krsna As a Friend
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Krsna As a Friend"
The following 196 pages are in this category, out of 196 total.
- A guru is necessary. In the Bhagavad-gita, when Krsna and Arjuna were talking as friends, there was no conclusion. So Arjuna decided to accept Krsna as his guru
- A krsna-bhakta knows that his friend and protector in all respects is Krsna, who is able to do anything for His devotee
- Accept Krsna as your friend. You'll be happy. - This is the message of Krsna consciousness
- After reaching his own camp, Arjuna, along with his dear friend and charioteer (Sri Krsna), entrusted the murderer unto his dear wife, who was lamenting for her murdered sons
- After the departure of all the others, Maharaja Yudhisthira restrained the inner circle of his friends, including Lord Krsna, not allowing them to leave
- After the departure of the Lord, Arjuna was conscious of his great friend, but there was no mistake on the part of Arjuna, nor any ill estimation of the Lord
- Akrura continued, "Throughout the Vedic literature it is declared that You (Krsna) are the dearmost friend of every living entity. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita: suhrdam sarva-bhutanam (BG 5.29)"
- Akrura tells Krsna: Who can surrender to anyone other than Yourself? Who is as dear, truthful, friendly and grateful as You? You are so perfect and complete that even though You give Yourself to Your devotee, You are still full and perfect
- Although Arjuna knew that Krsna was his friend and the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he was nonetheless puzzled by the various forms exhibited by Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- Although they (Krsna and Arjuna) are friends, one is still the master and the other is the servant. BG 1972 purports
- Another devotee said, "My dear friend, my youthful beauty is as temporary as lightning in the sky, and therefore, my possessing attractive bodily features is unimportant"
- Arjuna did not know how many times he may have dishonored Him by addressing Him as "O my friend, O Krsna, O Yadava," etc., without acknowledging His opulence. BG 1972 purports
- Arjuna embraced Krsna as a friend of the same age, whereas the two younger brothers, namely Nakula and Sahadeva, touched the lotus feet of Krsna to show Him respect
- Arjuna has now (in BG 2.22) turned his face towards his eternal friend, Krsna, and is understanding the Bhagavad-gita from Him. And thus, hearing from Krsna, he can understand the supreme glories of the Lord and be free from lamentation. BG 1972 purports
- Arjuna is very enlightened and is glad that he has a great friend like Krsna, but now he is thinking that although he may accept Krsna as the source of everything, others may not. BG 1972 purports
- Arjuna prayed, "My dear Krsna, I thought of You as my cousin-brother, and so I have shown disrespect to You in so many ways, calling You Krsna, or friend. But You are so great that I could not understand"
- Arjuna remembers his friendly relationship with Krsna and is therefore asking pardon and requesting Krsna to excuse him for the many informal gestures which arise out of friendship
- Arjuna then understood that the brahmana had lost all faith in the ksatriya kings. Therefore, to encourage him, Arjuna spoke as if criticizing even his friend Lord Krsna
- Arjuna was always a conqueror because the Lord (Krsna) was his friend
- Arjuna, after hearing Bhagavad-gita from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, became free from all illusion. He could understand that Krsna was not only his friend, but the Supreme Personality of Godhead. & he understood Krsna factually. BG 1972 purports
- Arjuna, who is guided by the infallible Lord as friend and driver, thus satisfied the dear lady by such statements. Then he dressed in armor and armed himself with furious weapons, and getting into his chariot, he set out to follow Asvatthama
- As a friend, He (Krsna) wanted to inform Arjuna that because Arjuna was the son of Prtha, the sister of His own father Vasudeva, He had agreed to be the charioteer of Arjuna. BG 1972 purports
- As confirmed in the prayers of Kunti (SB 1.8.19), nato natya-dharo yatha. The Lord was to play the part of a demon-killer, and a friend, son and brother to His devotees, and thus these devotees were all summoned
- As far as Arjuna is concerned, he says that his illusion is over. This means that Arjuna no longer thinks of Krsna as a mere human being, as a friend of his, but as the source of everything. BG 1972 purports
- As friends, both of them (Krsna and Arjuna) were on the same level, but one of them voluntarily became a student of the other. Krsna was smiling because a friend had chosen to become a disciple. BG 1972 purports
- As soon as you are touched with the Supreme Spirit, viraktir anyatra syat, no more enjoyment in this material world. So Krsna is there. Krsna is also sitting within the heart, and I am also sitting within the heart, just like two friends
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, Krsna is the real friend of every living entity, and we have to revive our friendship with Him. The method for reviving this friendship is the process of Krsna consciousness
- As the Lord (Krsna) Himself confirms in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.29): "I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him"
- As Yogesvara, or as master of all yogis, whatever He wills is immediately realized. There is no question of desire. He becomes a husband or lover or friend just to fulfill the desires of His devotees
- At such a (further advanced) time, the devotee is fully convinced that Krsna is a friend and cannot at all be dissatisfied if the devotee lives with Him on an equal level. This understanding is called visrambha, that is, devoid of a respectful attitude
- At the end of each day's fighting, they lived at night as friends in Jarasandha's palace, and the next day they fought again. In this way they passed twenty-seven days in fighting
- Because of His friendship, I, seated on the chariot, was able to cross over it. & only by His grace was I able to regain the cows & also collect by force many helmets of the kings which were bedecked with jewels that were sources of all brilliance
- Before, Krsna and Arjuna had a relationship based on friendship, but here, after the revelation, Arjuna is offering obeisances with great respect
- Being a friend of Krsna's, Arjuna was a very intelligent man, but his knowledge, as all men's, was limited. Krsna spoke, however, of subject matters which were beyond Arjuna's finite knowledge
- Bhismadeva takes this opportunity to address the Lord as vijaya-sakhe (friend of Arjuna) because the Lord is pleased when He is addressed conjointly with His devotees, who are related with Him in different transcendental humors
- Bilvamangala Thakura writes, "How miserable it is, my dear Krsna, O friend of the hopeless! O merciful Lord, how can I pass these thankless days without seeing You"
- Both as friend and philosopher to Arjuna, Lord Krsna now gives His final judgement regarding Arjuna's refusal to fight. BG 1972 purports
- Devotees (who always think favorably of Krsna as their master or friend) must attain a situation better than Brahmaloka, the impersonal bodily effulgence of Krsna
- Disturbance is due to want of an ultimate goal, and when one is certain that Krsna is the enjoyer, proprietor and friend of everyone and everything, then one can, with a steady mind, bring about peace. BG 1972 purports
- Even a little work done in Krsna consciousness is a permanent asset and is all-good because it is done for Krsna, the all-good Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is everyone's friend - suhrdam sarva-bhutanam
- Even a person who thinks of Krsna as an enemy and is killed by Him may be liberated by becoming one with the body of Krsna. What then must be the destination of devotees who always think favorably of Krsna as their master or friend?
- Even an enemy killed by Krsna gets liberation and is placed in the impersonal brahmajyoti. Since the Supreme Personality of Godhead is all-good, anyone thinking of Him, either as an enemy or as a friend, gets liberation
- Having unflinching faith in the Supreme Lord (Krsna) as one's protector, friend and master is the natural condition of eternal life
- He (Arjuna) could realize that Lord Krsna, his friend, was still present before him by His transcendental presence in different nondual energies
- He (Bhismadeva) addressed the Lord (Krsna) as the friend of Arjuna
- He (Bhismadeva) was always surprised that, although the Pandavas were so righteous and Draupadi practically the goddess of fortune, and although Krsna was their friend, still they had to undergo such severe tribulations
- He (Krsna) is atmarama, self-satisfied; He can derive all pleasure by Himself, without anyone’s help. But when the Lord descends to play the part of a human being, He plays a role either as a husband, son, friend or enemy in full perfection
- He (Krsna) is the greatest well-wishing friend of everyone, and the Kumaras wanted to see Him. The doorkeepers should have known that the four sages (four Kumaras) had no other business, and therefore to restrict them from entering the palace was not apt
- He (Krsna) is the perfect child, husband, friend and master, and He is full with all opulences and transcendental qualities. If one remains fully conscious of these features of the Lord, he is called the highest yogi. BG 1972 purports
- He (Krsna) plays exactly like an equal friend with the cowherd boys or even with friends like Arjuna
- He (Sri Krsna) is the one friend and well-wisher for all, and He is one without a second. The Lord maintains all the living entities everywhere by His six transcendental opulences, for which He is known as bhagavan, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He is your master, guru, God and very dear friend, and also the head of your family. Yet sometimes He agrees to act as your family's servant or order-carrier. You are greatly fortunate because this relationship is possible only by bhakti-yoga
- His (Krsna's) body is called here (in BG 9.11) manusim because He is acting just like a man, a friend of Arjuna's, a politician involved in the Battle of Kuruksetra. BG 1972 purports
- His (Krsna's) enmity and friendship are external features presented by the material energy. He is always transcendental. He is absolute, whether He kills or bestows His favor
- How wonderful it is that the SPG, Krsna, who is sought by great, great sages for the sake of liberation and transcendental bliss, is acting as your best well-wisher, your friend, your cousin, your heart and soul, your worshipable director
- I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him. BG 9.29 - 1972
- I have in the past addressed You as "O Krsna," "O Yadava," "O my friend," without knowing Your glories. Please forgive whatever I may have done in madness or in love. BG 11.41-42 - 1972
- If one is connected with Krsna in any of these transcendental relationships (as a supreme master, supreme friend, supreme son and supreme conjugal lover) , the course of one's material life is understood to have already ended
- If one makes friendship with Krsna, one will never be cheated, and he will get all help needed. Arousing this consciousness of the conditioned soul is the greatest service, not posing oneself as a great friend of another living entity
- If we accept Krsna as friend, master, son or lover, we will never be frustrated. Every living entity has a specific relationship with Krsna, but at present this relationship is covered. As we advance in Krsna consciousness, it will be revealed
- If you accept Krsna as friend, you will never be cheated. If you accept Krsna as lover, you will never be confused
- If you simply understand Krsna by these three formulas (Krsna is the enjoyer, Krsna is the proprietor, and Krsna is the friend), then your knowledge is complete
- If you understand these three things (Krsna is the enjoyer, proprietor, and friend) only, then your knowledge is complete. But you will not accept
- In Bhagavad-gita Krsna says: I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him - BG 9.29
- In Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu (NOD 1.2.308), Rupa Gosvami offers his respectful obeisances to those who always think of Krsna as He is, and His relation as son, well-wisher, brother, father, friend, etc
- In His boyhood at Vrndavana, Lord Krsna was notorious as a teasing friend in transcendental love to all the girls His age
- In pure Krsna consciousness, without knowledge of the Lord's opulences, a devotee considers Krsna his friend or son. Therefore this devotional attitude is praised even by Sukadeva Gosvami and Vyasadeva, the supreme authority
- In relationship with the Yadus and Pandavas, the Lord acted sometimes as their master, sometimes as their advisor, sometimes as their friend, sometimes as the head of their family and sometimes even as their servant
- In SB 3.25.38 the Lord says: Persons who are satisfied with the idea of becoming My adherents alone. They consider that I am their soul, their friend, I am their son, I am their master, I am their well-wisher, I am their God, & I am their supreme goal
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.14.32) it is stated that Maharaja Nanda and the cowherd men & inhabitants of Vrndavana are very fortunate because the Supreme Brahman, the Personality of Godhead, full of bliss, engages in His eternal pastimes as their friend
- In the bhakti-yoga system there are nine different processes: hearing, chanting, remembering, serving, worshiping the Deity in the temple, praying, carrying out orders, serving Krsna as friend and sacrificing for Him
- In the Brahmanda Purana it is said, The same PG who is known in Vaikuntha as the four-handed Narayana, the friend of all living entities, and in the milk ocean as the Lord of Svetadvipa, and who is the best of all purusas, appeared as the son of Nanda
- In this way all the five Pandava brothers enjoyed the fraternal friendship of Krsna in transcendental mellow. Of the five Pandavas, Arjuna is the most intimately connected with Krsna. He has a nice bow in his hand which is called Gandiva
- In those hours when His (Krsna's) value was minimized, He, being the Supreme Soul, used to tolerate all those utterings of mine, excusing me exactly as a true friend excuses his true friend, or a father excuses his son
- In Vrajabhumi Krsna is certainly the central point of love, but no one knows Him there as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Rather, a person may know Him as a friend, son, lover or master. In any case, the center is Krsna
- Indra said, "They (the inhabitants of Vrindavana) are simply inhabitants of the forest, but being infatuated with their friend Krsna, who is nothing but an ordinary human being, they have dared to defy the demigods"
- Intimate relationships with Krsna develop from an ordinary conception of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, to the conception of master and servant, and, when this becomes confidential, it develops into a friendly relationship
- It is a misconception that the Lord acts with someone in relationship of friend and with someone else in the relationship of enemy. His being an enemy or friend is always on the absolute platform. There is no material distinction
- It is confirmed in the Fifth Chapter (5.29) that when one understands that Krsna is the proprietor of all universal manifestations, that He is the real friend of all living entities, then only can one have real peace. BG 1972 purports
- It is natural that sometimes Lord Visnu wants to fight. Just as He has the tendencies to create, to enjoy, to be a friend, to accept a mother and father, and so on, He also has the tendency to fight
- It is not that because Krsna is Arjuna's intimate friend Arjuna is flattering Him by calling Him the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth
- Kindly tell Me where to find Krsna, the treasure of My life and best of My friends. Feeling separation from Him, I hereby condemn Providence, the shaper of My destiny
- Krishna is so kind that He is always with us as Friend; if we can learn to treat Him with our friendly love and affection the reciprocation is permanent, and that is the highest success of our human form of life
- Krsna acted as the friend and worshipable Deity of the Pandava family. Moreover, apart from Lord Krsna's personal contact with the Pandavas, Krsna is the Supersoul of all living entities, & He gives everyone liberation, even if one is not a pure devotee
- Krsna also claims to be the friend of all living entities (suhrdam sarva-bhutanam). When a person understands that God is the proprietor of everything, the friend of everyone & the enjoyer of all, he becomes very peaceful. This is the actual peace formula
- Krsna is accepted as the friend of the cloud because both the cloud and Krsna satisfy the people when they are disturbed. When the people are burning due to excessive heat, the cloud satisfies them with rain
- Krsna is everyone's Lord, yet because He was the transcendental friend of Arjuna, He gladly accepted the role of messenger, exactly like an ordinary friend. That is the beauty of the Lord's behavior with His pure devotees
- Krsna is now engaged in flattering all His young girlfriends in Mathura. Therefore, now that He can be called a friend of the residents of Mathura, He does not need the help of the residents of Vrndavana. He has no reason to satisfy us gopis
- Krsna is so kind and merciful that in spite of such opulence He played with Arjuna as a friend. Such is the transcendental loving reciprocation between the devotee and the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna is the enjoyer, Krsna is the proprietor, and Krsna is the friend. If you know these three things, then your knowledge is full; you do not require to understand anything more
- Krsna is the only friend who can actually do good to all living entities (suhrdam sarva-bhutanam (BG 5.29)) - one who understands this principle about Krsna immediately becomes desireless (niskama) and therefore peaceful
- Krsna is there within your heart. As soon as you become little serious, immediately, Krsna is ready. Krsna is ready, He is sitting with you as a friend. Simply looking for the opportunity when you'll come back to Him. That is Krsna
- Krsna was doing everything; still he was to fight. He was inducing, "You must fight." Neither Arjuna said, "Krsna, You are so, my friend. Better You do it. I sit down. Let me smoke ganja." No. Arjuna also did not say. This is not Krsna consciousness
- Krsna's devotees relate to Krsna in various relationships; one might treat Krsna as a son, one might treat Krsna as a husband, as a friend, as a master, etc. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna, being his very loving friend, wanted to send him to Vrndavana just to study the highly elevated ecstatic devotional service practiced there
- Krsna, the Supreme Lord, should be accepted as one's best friend. He will never cheat. He will always give His friendly advice and friendly protection to the devotee
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, He played just like an ordinary human being as friend of Arjuna
- Kubja told Krsna, "My dear friend, kindly remain with me at least for a few days and enjoy with me. My dear lotus-eyed friend, I cannot leave You immediately. Please grant my request"
- Lamenting for Krsna Radharani said, Where is your friend, the best of all men, so expert in dancing in the circle of the rasa dance? Where is He who is the real medicine to save Me from dying of heart disease
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances again and again to those who always eagerly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a husband, son, friend, brother, father or intimate friend
- Lord Krsna is the friend of all living entities. Therefore, after hearing the appeal from His sons (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada), He personally went to the well and easily got the great lizard out simply by extending His left hand
- Lord Krsna says to Arjuna: you should not flee for fear of your life; better to die in the battle. That will save you from the ill fame of misusing My friendship and from losing your prestige in society. BG 1972 purports
- Lord Krsna thought: "If one cherishes pure loving devotion to Me, thinking of Me as his son, his friend or his beloved, regarding himself as great and considering Me his equal or inferior, I become subordinate to him"
- Love is only possible when you love God. There is no lust. There is no question of sense gratification. Simply for love: "Krsna is my lover. Krsna is my master. Krsna is my friend "
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: Is it that you are feeling empty for all time because you might have lost your most intimate friend, Lord Krsna? O my brother Arjuna, I can think of no other reason for your becoming so dejected
- My dear friend Krsna, You are now roaming in the forest with Your bare feet, which You sometimes keep on our breasts. When Your feet are on our breasts, we think that our breasts are too hard for Your soft feet
- My dear friend, Krsna and Balarama are passing through the forest leading Their cows with Their cowherd boyfriends. They both carry ropes with which, at the time of milking, They bind the rear legs of the cows
- My dear Krsna, Your mind is always restless. You cannot remain in one place, but You are not at fault for this. You are actually the ocean of mercy, the friend of My heart. Therefore I have no reason to be angry with You
- My dear Lord, we pray that we may never feel attraction for the prison of family life, consisting of home, wife, children, friends, bank balance, relatives and so on. If we do have some attachment, let it be for devotees, whose only dear friend is Krsna
- My dear Lord, You are very affectionate to Your devotees. You are also a truthful and grateful friend. Where is that learned man who would give You up and surrender to someone else
- My dear mother, Devahuti! O emblem of peace! My weapon, the disc of time, never vanquishes those for whom I am very dear - for whom I am the Supersoul, son, friend, spiritual master, well-wisher, worshipable Deity and desired goal
- O Emperor, now I (Arjuna) am separated from my friend and dearmost well-wisher, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna), and therefore my heart appears to be void of everything
- O King (Yudhisthira), that personality whom, out of ignorance only, you thought to be your maternal cousin, your very dear friend, well-wisher, counselor, messenger, benefactor, etc., is that very Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna
- O Krsna, O friend of Arjuna, O chief amongst the descendants of Vrsni, You are the destroyer of those political parties which are disturbing elements on this earth. Your prowess never deteriorates
- O Lord, remover of the afflictions of the inhabitants of Vrndavana! O hero of all women! O Lord who destroy the pride of Your devotees by Your sweet, gentle smile! O friend! We are Your maidservants
- O My Lord! O dearest one! O only friend of the universe! O Krsna, O restless one, O only ocean of mercy! O My Lord, O My enjoyer, O beloved to My eyes! Alas, when will You again be visible to Me
- O My Lord, O My husband, O most dearly beloved! O mighty-armed Lord! Where are You? Where are You? O My friend, reveal Yourself to Your maidservant, who is very much aggrieved by Your absence
- O My Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O friend of the helpless! You are the only ocean of mercy! Because I (Bilvamangala Thakura) have not met You, My inauspicious days and nights have become unbearable. I do not know how I shall pass the time
- On account of the Pandavas' faithful devotion to the Lord, He agreed to become their charioteer, their advisor, their friend, their messenger and sometimes their bodyguard. Such is an example of the result of devotional service towards Visnu
- On the battlefield (where Sri Krsna attended Arjuna out of friendship), the flowing hair of Lord Krsna turned ashen due to the dust raised by the hoofs of the horses. And because of His labor, beads of sweat wetted His face
- One is expected to understand these three formulas of knowledge concerning the Supreme Lord - that He is the supreme enjoyer, that He is the proprietor of everything, and that He is the best well-wisher and friend of everyone
- One may have a relationship with Krsna as a son or servant, as a friend, as a parent, or as a beloved wife or lover. All these relationships are pervertedly reflected in life in the material world
- One may think of Krsna as the supreme personality, one may think of Krsna as the supreme master, one may think of Krsna as the supreme friend, one may think of Krsna as the supreme son, or one may think of Krsna as the supreme conjugal lover
- One may think that because Krsna was the friend of Arjuna, Arjuna was telling Him all this by way of flattery. BG 1972 Introduction
- One must be firmly convinced of these three principles: one should always think that Krsna is the proprietor, Krsna is the enjoyer and Krsna is the friend
- One of Krsna's friends praised Him thus: "My dear friend, Your flute was given to Your servant Patri, and when I asked him to return it he began speaking in a faltering voice, and his complexion became yellow"
- Radharani said, "My dear friend, now I have met My very old and dear friend Krsna on this field of Kuruksetra. I am the same Radharani, and now We are meeting together"
- Real master is Krsna. So in this way, if we establish our relationship with Krsna as..., either as husband or lover or master or friend or son or father, it is perfect. It is perfect. We have to go to that stage
- Servitude (dasya), friendship (sakhya), parental affection (vatsalya) and conjugal love (srngara) are the four transcendental mellows (rasas). By the devotees who cherish these four mellows, Lord Krsna is subdued
- Since Krsna is the source of our generation, or the supreme father, no one can be a better friend than Krsna, nor can anyone be a better well-wisher. BG 1972 purports
- Since the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna is all-perfect, His transcendental pastimes with His pure devotees never lack anything in any respect, either as a friend, son or lover
- Since You (Krsna) are now living within My (Radharani's) mind, wherever I wish to run because I am agitated by impressions of You, I find that You, O My friend, are blocking My way
- So Krsna is so friendly that He always lives with us just to turn our face towards Krsna. Isvarah sarva-bhutanam hrd-dese arjuna tisthati. What is His business? He is simply waiting for the time when we shall turn our face to Krsna. That is His business
- Someone may proclaim himself to be a very good national worker, the best friend of the people and of the country, but actually he cannot be the greatest friend of everyone. The only friend is Krsna
- Son of Prtha, a transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good, My friend, is never overcome by evil - (BG 6.40) - Krsna replied to Arjuna
- Sri Krsna is the intimate friend of Arjuna. He has appeared on this earth in His transcendental body, which resembles the bluish color of the tamala tree. His body attracts everyone in the three planetary systems (upper, middle and lower)
- Sudama thought, "He (Krsna) can understand the mind of His devotee, and He sumptuously fulfills the devotee’s desires. All these are acts of my friend Krsna
- Suddha-bhava, pure Krsna consciousness, is not dependent on an understanding of the Lord’s opulences. Even without such opulences, the devotee in suddha-bhava is inclined to love Krsna as a friend or son
- The Blessed Lord said: Son of Prtha, a transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good, My friend, is never overcome by evil. BG 6.40 - 1972
- The boys who play with Krsna are all highly pious souls, and after many, many births they are able to play with Krsna. Such boys do not know that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. They take Him as a personal friend. BG 1972 purports
- The brahmana youth returned to Vrndavana and began to pray to Gopala Krsna. "Dear Lord, You must come with me." He was such a staunch devotee that he spoke to Krsna just as one would speak to a friend
- The central stomach of the whole creation is God, or Krsna. He is the enjoyer, He is the friend, and, as the supreme proprietor, He is maintaining everyone
- The florist continued, "You are equally disposed as the friend of all living entities; You are the Supersoul, & You do not discriminate between friend & enemy. Yet You are pleased to give Your devotees the special result of their devotional activities"
- The gopis said, "Besides that, as stated in the Bhagavad-gita, You (Krsna) are the only enjoyer, You are the only proprietor, and You are the only friend"
- The gopis said, "O dear friend of the distressed, kindly place Your hand on our burning breasts as well as on our heads, because we have surrendered unto You (Krsna) as Your eternal maidservants"
- The gopis said, "You (Krsna) are the eternal husband, eternal son, eternal friend and eternal master, and one who enters into a relationship with You is eternally happy"
- The impersonal Brahman is Krsna Himself because Krsna is the source of the impersonal Brahman. He is the origin of the transcendental bliss sought by great saintly persons, yet He, the Supreme Person, is your most dear friend and constant well-wisher
- The individual is bhakta or the sustained, and He (the Supreme Soul) is bhukta or the maintainer. There are innumerable living entities, and He is staying in them as a friend. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord (Krsna) says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 9.29): I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him
- The Lord (Krsna) was for them (the Pandavas) the Supreme Lord, the spiritual master, the worshipable Deity, the guide, the chariot driver, the friend, the servant, the messenger and everything they could conceive of
- The Lord descends to attract all by His specific transcendental pastimes, and thus He plays the part of the most perfect master, friend, son and lover
- The Lord exchanges transcendental relations in five ways, as proprietor, master, friend, son and lover, and in each of these pastimes He plays fully by the potency of yogamaya, the internal potency
- The Lord is always engaged in transcendental loving activities with His spiritual associates in the various relationships of santa (neutrality), dasya (servitorship), sakhya (friendship), vatsalya (parental affection) and madhurya (conjugal love)
- The Lord is always kind to all living entities, irrespective of form and situation, yet He took the side of Indra just like an ordinary friend
- The Lord is the proprietor of everything all over the universe, and He is the supreme friend of all living entities as well. By understanding this, people can become happy and peaceful individually and collectively
- The only friend is Krsna. One should try to raise the consciousness of the conditioned soul to the platform of understanding that Krsna is his actual friend
- The real friend is Krsna, and if we want to benefit our family, nation or planet, we will work for Him. If we have our family's welfare in mind, we will try to make all members Krsna conscious
- The same queen said, "We have all failed to control Him, and therefore we ask you, Is He keeping Himself well? I may inform you that Syamasundara is very fickle. His friendship is always temporary; it breaks even by slight agitation"
- The sense of intimacy by which one thinks of Krsna as one’s only shelter and friend is absent in santa-rasa because one accepts Krsna as impersonal Parambrahma or localized Paramatma. This understanding is based on the speculative knowledge of the jnani
- The soul is the production of Krsna. Therefore ultimately, He is our dearmost friend. We are trying to love somebody. That somebody is a perverted reflection of Krsna
- The Supreme Lord, Purusottama, or Sri Krsna, is the maintainer of all, in both the transcendental and material worlds. He is the life and friend of all because there is eternally natural affection and love between the living entities and the Lord
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is actually the best friend of everyone. In a condition of distress or misery, one wants to seek shelter of a well-wishing friend. The well-wishing friend of the perfect order is Lord Sri Krsna
- The Vrndavana pastimes demonstrated that although generally people worship God with reverence, the Lord is more pleased when a devotee thinks of Him as his pet son, personal friend or most dear fiance
- There (in Goloka Vrndavana) someone may accept Him (Krsna) as a son and sometimes bind Him to a grinding mortar. Someone else may accept Him as an intimate friend and, attaining victory over Him, playfully mount His shoulders
- There are many relationships with Krsna - master and servant, friend and friend, parent and son, and lover and beloved. Out of all these rasas, the parakiya-rasa is considered to be the topmost
- There is a statement by a gopi who addressed Subala, a friend of Krsna: "My dear Subala, I know that Krsna is your friend and you always enjoy smiling and joking with Him"
- There is a statement in the Narayana-vyuha-stava prayers that persons who are always engaged in thinking of the Lord as their husband, friend, father or well-wisher are always worshipable by everyone
- They (Krsna's friends) were very jubilant and invited Him, "Dear friend Krsna, You have come back so quickly! All right, we have not as yet begun our lunch, not even taken one morsel of food. So please come and join us, and let us eat together"
- They (the cows and boys) said, "Our dear friend Krsna, we are Your intimate friends. It is not right that we should suffer in this way. We are all completely dependent on You, & You are the knower of all religious life. We do not know anyone except You"
- Thinking of You as my friend, I have rashly addressed You "O Krsna," "O Yadava," "O my friend," not knowing Your glories. Please forgive whatever I may have done in madness or in love
- This Madhumangala one day addressed Krsna in this fashion: "My dear friend, I can see that You are not aware of the peacock feathers that are falling on the ground, and at the same time You are unmindful of the flower garlands which are offered to You"
- This method (bhakti-yoga) includes nine items: hearing, chanting, remembering, serving, worshiping the Deity, praying, carrying out orders, serving Krsna as friend and sacrificing everything for Him
- This superfluous activity of killing Putana did not diminish the Lord's impartiality. He is suhrdam sarva-bhutanam, the friend of everyone
- Though their tribulations were not ordinary, still Draupadi was not discouraged. She knew that because Krsna was their friend, ultimately they would be saved
- What is the use of this material husband? Make Krsna husband. Krsna's prepared to become everything - love Him as husband, love Him as son, love Him, friend. Krsna is prepared
- Whatever He (Krsna) desires He can bestow upon His devotees; He is the friend of everyone, and He is especially inclined to His devotee. BG 1972 purports
- When Arjuna was perplexed about what to do with Asvatthama, Lord Sri Krsna, as the very dear friend of Arjuna, voluntarily took up the matter just to make a solution. And He was smiling also
- When He (Lord Krsna) plays (His flute), the clouds stop their loud thundering out of fear of Him. Rather than disturb the vibration of His flute, they respond with mild thunder and so congratulate Krsna, their friend
- When he (the brahmana) had decided to go to Krsna, he asked his wife if she had anything in the home that he could offer to Krsna, because he must take some presentation for his friend
- When Krsna manifested His universal form, Arjuna became reverent and fearful, and he begged forgiveness for his past impudence toward Krsna as a friend
- When the same relationships (from the material world with a son, a wife, a friend and a conjugal lover) awaken in Krsna consciousness, one's spiritual life is revived, and one is guaranteed to return home, back to Godhead
- When there is full knowledge of Krsna's superiority and yet in dealings with Him on friendly terms respectfulness is completely absent, that stage is called affection
- When they (the princes) attacked Krsna's party, shot arrows like incessant torrents of rain, Arjuna, Krsna's best friend, took charge of the challenge, he alone very easily drove them off to please his great friend Krsna on the occasion of His marriage
- When we begin hearing topics about Him, the dust which has accumulated on our minds due to so many years of material contamination becomes gradually cleaned. Krsna is a friend to everyone, but He is a special friend to His devotees
- When Yudhisthira was lamenting the possibility of His disappearance, it was just in pursuance of a custom of lamenting the disappearance of a great friend, but the Lord never quits His transcendental body, as is misconceived by less intelligent persons
- While going to the maternity home to attend to the delivery case of the brahmana's wife, Arjuna remembered Lord Siva, and not his friend Krsna
- You may want Krsna as your lover, or as your son; Krsna as your friend, Krsna as your master, Krsna as the Supreme Sublime. These five different kinds of direct relationships with Krsna are called devotion, or bhakti. They entail no material profit
- You will put forward so many impediments to understanding these three things (Krsna is the enjoyer, proprietor, and friend), and that is the cause of our trouble