Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"incarnation of krsna "|"incarnations of krsna "|"incarnations of lord krsna "|"incarnation of lord krsna"|"incarnation of sri krsna "|"incarnation of lord sri krsna"|"krsna's incarnations"|"krsna's incarnation"|"incarnation of krishna "|"incarnations of krishna"|"incarnations of lord krishna"|"incarnation of sri krishna"|"incarnation of the pleasure potency of Śrī Kṛṣṇa"|"Krsna in His incarnation"|"in His incarnation as Vyasadeva"|"incarnations of Your Lordship"|"Kṛṣṇa were to appear as an incarnation"|"Krsna as the Supersoul incarnated"|"He is an avatara, or incarnation"|"Krsna is not an incarnation"|"He Himself in the incarnation of Vyasadeva"|"incarnation of the Deity"|"Kṛṣṇa incarnated"|"Kṛṣṇa or His incarnation"|"in the incarnation of Vyasadeva"|"the first incarnation"|"incarnated Himself as Lord Śrī Kṛṣṇa"|"Kṛṣṇa, or His incarnation"|"Kṛṣṇa, or His incarnations"|"Krsna is the incarnation"|"Krsna is an incarnation"|"Krsna is the source of all other incarnations"|"Krsna is the source of all incarnations"|"Kṛṣṇa's different incarnations"|"Kṛṣṇa in His various incarnations"|" Kṛṣṇa, is the cause of all incarnations"|"Krsna expands Himself in multi-incarnations"|"Kṛṣṇa, is the fountainhead of all incarnations"|"Kṛṣṇa Himself, His incarnations"|" Kṛṣṇa and His incarnations"|"incarnation of Krsna's mercy"|"the incarnation of sound"|"Krsna has various plenary expansions and incarnations"|"Lord Krsna, the fountainhead of all incarnations"
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Incarnations"
The following 265 pages are in this category, out of 265 total.
- In the nineteenth and twentieth incarnations, the Lord advented Himself as Lord Balarama and Lord Krsna in the family of Vrsni and by so doing He removed the burden of the world
- People may question that "Lord Buddha is accepted as an incarnation of Lord Krsna. Then why he preached atheistic philosophy?"
- A detailed description of the ways in which the various expansions and incarnations of Godhead are developed is to be found in the author's Teachings of Lord Chaitanya (New York: 1968) in Chapters VI, VII and VIII
- A devotee does not accept the philosophy of Buddha but accepts him as incarnation of Lord Krsna and offers obeisances. This is our position
- A direct incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is called amsa or svamsa, whereas an incarnation from amsa is called kala. Among the kalas there are the vibhinnamsa-jivas, or living entities. These are counted among the jiva-tattvas
- A pseudo incarnation of Krsna once told his disciple that he had emptied himself by giving him all knowledge and was thus spiritually bankrupt. Such bluffers speak in this way to cheat the public
- Advaita Acarya Gosvami is an incarnation of the Lord as a devotee. His loud calling was the cause for Krsna's incarnation
- After finishing His bathing and ritualistic ceremonies at Gangasagara, Lord Balarama proceeded toward the mountain known as Mahendra Parvata, where He met Parasurama, an incarnation of Lord Krsna, and offered Him respect by bowing down before Him
- After offering obeisances to the disciplic succession, the author pays obeisances to all other devotees, to the Lord Himself, to His incarnations, to the expansions of Godhead and to the manifestation of Krsna's internal energy
- Akrura continued, "All people can appreciate the incarnations and pastimes of Your (Krsna's) Lordship and eternally glorify Your activities"
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the fish incarnation, who appeared in the ocean of devastation although Your (Krsna's) Lordship is the cause of all causes"
- Akrura continued, "No one can estimate how many forms and incarnations You (Krsna) have, nor can anyone estimate the number of universes that are existing within You"
- All glories to Advaita Prabhu, the incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead! He induced Krsna to descend and thus delivered the entire world
- All incarnations are either direct expansions of Krsna or, indirectly, expansions of the expansions of Krsna. However, the name of Krsna indicates the original Personality of Godhead
- All of the above-mentioned incarnations are either plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Lord Sri Krsna is the original Personality of Godhead
- All of these incarnations of Godhead are described in the author's Srimad Bhagavatam, Volume I, Chapter 3
- All other incarnations are situated in potential form in the original body of the primeval Lord. Thus according to one's opinion, one may address Him as any one of the incarnations
- All the different incarnations of the Lord indirectly or directly manifested different features, but Lord Krsna, the primeval Lord, exhibited the complete features of Godhead
- All the expansions of Lord Krsna are actually residents of the spiritual world. But when they descend into the material world, they are called incarnations (avataras)
- All these incarnations of Godhead are either plenary portions or parts of the plenary portions of the purusa-avataras. But Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- Although I cheated him in My incarnation as Vamana, taking away his dominions throughout the universe, and although I still criticized him for not fulfilling his promise, I have just now seen him in his kingdom, and he feelingly expressed his love for Me
- Although Lord Buddha is accepted as an incarnation of Krsna, the followers of such incarnations are not very advanced in their knowledge of the Vedas
- Although Lord Buddha was an incarnation of Krsna, he did not speak about God, for the people were unable to understand. He simply wanted to stop animal-killing
- Although You are present within this universe by Your three qualitative incarnations, Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara, You are transcendental to the material creation
- Among the sura-stri, the women of the heavenly planets, there are many devotees, such as the mother of the Upendra incarnation of Krsna. It was such devoted women who were called for in this connection
- As His associate Nityananda, He is the first expansion of God; as Advaita, He is an incarnation; as Gadadhara, He is the internal potency; and as Srivasa, He is the marginal living entity in the role of a devotee
- As Krsna's avatara is there, here is also another avatara, arca-vigraha
- As scholars of the Vedas, they (the Yadus) verified the Vedic hymns: eko devah... sarva-bhutadhivasah... antaryami... and vrsninam para-devata... The Yadus, therefore, accepted Lord Krsna as the Supersoul incarnated in their family, and not more than that
- Bahulasva said, "You (Krsna) have sent Your incarnation Nara-Narayana, who is engaged in severe austerities and penances at Badarinarayana"
- Baladeva is not different from Krishna. He is first expansion from Krishna. All the incarnations and expansions begin from Baladeva
- Baladeva, or Balarama, is the elder brother of Krsna. He is an expansion of the Godhead Himself, and therefore to be considered and incarnation of God, as explained in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Baladeva, Sankarsana and other expansions of Krsna are emanations of Maha-Sankarsana. All the incarnations and expansions exist simultaneously in the body of Krsna, who is described as two-handed
- Because of the devotional service of these two persons (Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura), Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu descended as an incarnation. Thus He preached the holy name of the Lord and ecstatic love of Krsna to deliver the entire world
- Bhagavad-gita was spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and it was recorded by His incarnation, Vyasadeva. So it is transcendental literature
- Bhagavatam is the literary incarnation of Lord Sri Krsna and is therefore nondifferent from Him. SB should be worshiped as respectfully as we worship the Lord. Thereby we can derive the ultimate blessings of the Lord through its careful and patient study
- Brahma said, "Actually, You alone are everything - creator, maintainer and annihilator. Similarly, You expand Yourself in different incarnations: among the demigods You incarnate as Vamanadeva, among the great sages You incarnate as Parasurama"
- Brahma said, "As it is described in Brahma-samhita, the brahmajyoti is nothing but Your personal bodily effulgence. There are many Visnu incarnations & incarnations of Your different qualities, but all those incarnations are not on the same level"
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, in this incarnation (of Krsna) You have proved that You are the supreme controller of maya"
- Brahma said, "No one can estimate how You have expanded Your yogamaya and Your incarnations and how You act by Your transcendental energy"
- Brahma said, "You are the original lamp. Other incarnations may possess the same candlepower as the original lamp, but the original lamp is the beginning of all light"
- Buddha's activities and Krsna's activities, there is difference. Buddha's activity was different because, according to the place, according to the time, according to the audience, the activities are... Avatara, incarnation, comes when there is necessity
- By descending as an incarnation at Navadvipa, You, just like Krsna, have already delivered all the living entities of the universe
- By the evidence of sastra, Sanatana Gosvami detected Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be a direct incarnation of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although Lord Caitanya never disclosed the fact
- By Your internal potency You appear as the different incarnations of Visnu, and by Your external potency You appear as the phenomenal world
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu we accept as incarnation of Krsna. It is confirmed in the sastra. In the Upanisads, in Mahabharata, in Srimad-Bhagavatam. Everywhere, there are... If you read Caitanya-caritamrta, there are so many quotations from the sastras
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He is also incarnation of Krsna, but He accepted Isvara Puri as His guru. They do not require guru, but just to keep pace with the official program, even God personally, He accepted spiritual master
- Certainly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is in all respects the incarnation of Lord Krsna. Now He has come to Mathura to deliver everyone
- Demigods such as Brahma and Siva are incarnations of the material qualities, which are also emanations from the body of Narayana. Actually, there was no one existing before the creation except Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Describing the incarnations and their symptoms, the Laghu-bhagavatamrta has stated that when Lord Krsna descends to conduct the creative affairs of the material manifestation, He is an avatara, or incarnation
- Devaki said, "You are original because all Your forms as incarnations are outside of this material creation. Your form was existing before this cosmic manifestation was created"
- During the reign of Caksusa Manu there was a king named Satyavrata, who was a great pious ruler. To save him, the Lord appeared as the fish incarnation (Matsya) for a second time
- Either expansion or incarnation, they are all candles. The original candle is Krsna. It is not that expansion of expansion is less powerful. The candle power is the same either origin or expansion or expansion of the expansion
- Even the predominating Deities of the Vaikuntha planets, the Narayanas, do not possess such sweetness. Indeed, none of the incarnations of Krsna up to Narayana possess such transcendental beauty
- Even though one may be an incarnation of Krsna, or especially empowered by Him, he should not advertise that he is an incarnation. People will automatically accept the real truth in due course of time
- Expansions of His personal self - like the quadruple manifestations of Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Vasudeva - descend as incarnations from Vaikuntha to this material world
- Following in the footsteps of Prahlada Maharaja, we should reject all the rascals who pretend to be God. We must accept Krsna and His incarnations, and no one else
- For affairs of the material creation, Lord Maha-Visnu, the plenary portion of Krsna, is in charge. Thus, when the Lord descends, the incarnation emanates from Visnu
- Formerly, in His (Krsna) incarnation of Vamana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead had been satisfied by the King of the demons, Bali Maharaja, who donated to Him everything he had
- From the Bhagavatam we understand that Lord Buddha is the incarnation of Krsna who appeared when materialism was rampant and materialists were using the pretext of the authority of the Vedas
- Gadadhara Pandita, the fourth branch, is described as an incarnation of the pleasure potency of Sri Krsna
- Gadadhara Pandita, the fourth branch, is described as an incarnation of the pleasure potency of Sri Krsna. No one, therefore, can equal him
- Gopi addressed the earth, "Are you enjoying this jubilation since you were touched by the incarnation of Vamana or since you were delivered by the incarnation of Varaha?"
- He (Kapiladeva) is considered an incarnation of Krsna, and His philosophy is mentioned in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Later on another Kapila became famous, but his philosophy was atheistic. Thus there is a gulf of difference between them
- He (Krsna) began to think within Himself about His mission as an incarnation how to tackle the present situation before Him. He thought that since He was not going to conquer the kingdom of Magadha, to kill the King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was useless
- He (Lord Caitanya) taught that the holy name of the Lord is the sound incarnation of the Lord and that since the Lord is the absolute whole, there is no difference between His holy name and His transcendental form
- He (Lord Krsna) is completely spiritual, and therefore there is no difference between His body and His soul. Similarly, He is not different from His millions of incarnations and plenary expansions
- He is called Advaita because He is nondifferent from Hari, and because He propagates the cult of devotion, He is called Acarya. He is the Lord and the incarnation of the Lord's devotee. Therefore I take shelter of Him
- Hearing the attractive pastimes of Lord Krsna's different incarnations is a chance for liberation for the conditioned soul, and the most fascinating and pleasing activities of Lord Krsna Himself are still more attractive
- Here is another foretelling of the advent of Lord Kalki, the incarnation of Godhead. He is to appear at the conjunction of the two yugas, namely at the end of Kali-yuga and the beginning of Satya-yuga
- His incarnations are of two kinds, namely partial and empowered. He appears in two ages - childhood and boyhood
- His transcendental acts are magnificent and gracious, and great learned sages like Narada sing of them. Please, therefore, speak to us, who are eager to hear about the adventures He performs in His various incarnations
- I offer my obeisances unto the Supreme Lord, Krsna, who is nondifferent from His features as a devotee, devotional incarnation, devotional manifestation, pure devotee and devotional energy
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who by His various plenary portions appears in the world in different forms and incarnations such as Lord Rama, but who personally appears in His supreme original form as Lord Krsna
- If one is unable to see the Supreme Lord although He is present as Krsna in His various incarnations, one may see the Supreme Lord's impersonal feature, according to the direction of the Vedas, by seeing the activities of material nature
- In His (Krsna's) pastimes in the spiritual sky, He lies down in the Causal Ocean as Karanarnavasayi, the purusa-avatara. His incarnations as a fish, tortoise and so on are called His causal incarnations, or incarnations for particular occasions
- In His incarnation as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Lord Sri Krsna descended to deliver all the living beings in the three worlds, from Brahmaloka down to Patalaloka
- In many religions they have got different names of God. And in Vedic scripture there are many demigods and incarnation of God. But Krsna is the original name of God
- In order to direct people in general to the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krsna, He Himself in the incarnation of Vyasadeva is delineating the transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- In the Age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the name of Krsna
- In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Krsna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself (SB 11.5.32) (Books)
- In the beginning of this book we have discussed that when Krsna appears, all His incarnations, plenary portions and portions of the plenary portions come with Him
- In the beginning, Krsna incarnates Himself as the purusa-avataras, or Visnu incarnations. These are of three types
- In the four yugas - Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali - the Lord incarnates in four colors: white, red, black and yellow respectively. These are the colors of the incarnations in different millenniums
- In the past Lord Narayana Rsi was an incarnation of Krsna who performed severe austerities in the Himalayan ranges
- In the same way, when Krsna was first counted among the incarnations, specific knowledge about Him was still unknown
- In the Visistadvaita philosophy, God's energies, expansions and incarnations are considered to be oneness in diversity. In other words, God is not separate from all of these: everything together is God
- In this Age of Kali there is no religion other than the chanting of the holy name of the Lord, but how in this age will the Lord appear as an incarnation?
- In this Age of Kali, the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, is the incarnation of Lord Krsna. Simply by chanting the holy name, one associates with the Lord directly. Anyone who does this is certainly delivered
- In this life we should always fix our mind on the lotus feet of Krsna, who is present in His arca-vigraha, the incarnation of the Deity in the temple. We should also always engage in His worship
- In this narration about Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, various expansions or incarnations of the Lord have been described, and the killing of the two demons Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu has also been described
- In this way Lord Krsna came to a decision. Simultaneously, the time came for the incarnation of the age
- Indeed, You diminished this burden formerly by incarnating in the form of a fish, a horse (Hayagriva), a tortoise, a lion (Lord Nrsimha), a boar (Lord Varaha) and a swan
- Instead of being pleased that Lord Krsna had come, they began to pray for Lord Buddha, who is the ninth incarnation, because Lord Buddha stopped the ritualistic ceremonies and sacrifices recommended in the Vedas in order to discourage animal killing
- It is not at all possible to describe the unlimited pastimes of Sri Krsna, even though He Himself describes them in His incarnation of Sahasra-vadana, the thousand-mouthed Sesa Naga
- It is understood that the Maha-Visnu is the source of all incarnations in the material world. But because of His greater extraordinary opulence, we can understand that the son of Nanda Maharaj is the source of the Maha-Visnu also
- Just as the fountainhead, Lord Krsna, is the cause of all incarnations, so Sri Radha is the cause of all these consorts
- Just as the fountainhead, Lord Krsna, is the cause of all incarnations, so Sri Radha is the cause of all these consorts (the goddesses of fortune, the queens, and the milkmaids of Vraja)
- Kindly chant all those superhuman transcendental activities of the supreme controller, the Personality of Godhead, who accepted incarnations fully equipped with all potency for the full manifestation and maintenance of the cosmic creation
- Knowing Him (Lord Caitanya) to be the incarnation for Kali-yuga, Garga Muni, during the naming ceremony of Krsna, predicted His appearance
- Krsna also possesses five other qualities, which are manifest in the body of Narayana, and they are listed as follows: 56) He has inconceivable potency. 57) Uncountable universes generate from His body. 58) He is the original source of all incarnations
- Krsna creates, maintains and annihilates the whole cosmic manifestation by expanding Himself in different incarnations
- Krsna expands Himself as Baladeva, Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Rama, Nrsimha and Varaha, as well as many other incarnations and innumerable Visnu expansions
- Krsna expands Himself in multi-incarnations and plenary portions like the purusas. Similarly, Srimati Radharani expands Herself in multiforms as the goddesses of fortune, the queens and the damsels of Vraja
- Krsna has many incarnations, such as Lord Nrsimha, Lord Boar, Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise, but there is no difference between Krsna's original two-handed form, like that of a human being, and these incarnations of gigantic animal forms
- Krsna has various plenary expansions and incarnations, such as Rama and Nrsimha, and a devotee can choose to fix his mind in loving service to any of these transcendental forms of the Supreme Lord
- Krsna Himself, His incarnations and His plenary expansions are all supreme well-wishers of the conditioned souls, but Krsna is the well-wisher even of the demons, for He gave salvation to all the demons who came to kill Him in Vrndavana
- Krsna incarnated Himself as Lord Buddha to put an end to animal-killing in the name of religion. Animal sacrifice under the name of religion is conducted by the influence of tamo-guna
- Krsna incarnation appears according to the particular planet and climate, er, planet. Just like churning. That is in higher planetary system. There are persons like that
- Krsna is the complete whole, and thus all plenary expansions and incarnations always live with Him
- Krsna or His incarnation, when He comes, it does not depend on His karma, because He is above karma. He is fully independent
- Krsna's assuming the incarnation of a tortoise or a fish for serving a particular purpose is not at all astonishing. Therefore we should not have any hesitation whatsoever in accepting the statements of the authentic scriptures like Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Krsna's different expansions - namely Narayana, the quadruple expansion of Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, as well as partial plenary expansions like Matsya, the incarnation of a fish - combine together and appear with the body of Krsna
- Krsna, in the same way, is the cause of all causes and all incarnations. Please hear another verse to defeat all misinterpretations
- Kurma (the tortoise incarnation), Matsya (the fish), Nara-Narayana, Varaha (the boar), Hayasirsa, Prsnigarbha and Balarama are considered incarnations of vaibhava
- Let me offer my obeisances unto Lord Sri Krsna, who has manifested Himself in five as a devotee, expansion of a devotee, incarnation of a devotee, pure devotee and devotional energy
- Lord Brahma is eager to see the incarnation of the Lord, or the original source of all incarnations; he is not eager to see an imposter. The incarnation's activities are proof of His identity
- Lord Buddha deluded the atheists because such atheists who followed his principles did not believe in God, but they kept their absolute faith in Lord Buddha, who himself was the incarnation of God
- Lord Buddha is accepted as an incarnation of Krsna in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, but in the same Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that Lord Buddha appeared in order to bewilder the atheist class of men
- Lord Buddha is the incarnation of Krsna who appeared when materialism was rampant and materialists were using the pretext of the authority of the Vedas
- Lord Buddha said, "Yes, there is no God. There is no God. There is void only. But you believe me, what I say." Just see. He is incarnation of God, and the people amongst whom he is preaching, to them he is saying, "There is no God," but he is God
- Lord Caitanya protested against being called the Supreme Lord: "My dear sir, I am an ordinary living entity. I cannot know the real meaning of the Vedanta-sutra, but Vyasadeva, who is an incarnation of Narayana, knows its real meaning"
- Lord has His eternal forms of unlimited variety, of which the fish incarnation, as was exhibited within this universe, is also one
- Lord Krsna and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are not incarnations but the original source of all incarnations
- Lord krsna answered Mucukunda, "Perhaps you know that My incarnation Anantadeva has unlimited mouths, and for an unlimited time He has been trying to narrate fully about My name, fame, qualities, activities, appearance, disappearance and incarnations"
- Lord Krsna enjoys by manifesting Himself as the spiritual masters, the devotees, the diverse energies, the incarnations and the plenary portions. They are all six in one
- Lord Krsna has no other source than Himself. Although in other places the incarnations are described as bhagavan because of their specific functions, nowhere are they declared to be the Supreme Personality
- Lord Krsna is more excellent than His incarnations, although all of them are equally the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna, out of His causeless mercy, prepared the Vedic literatures in the incarnation of Vyasadeva for reading by the intelligent class of men in a human society which is almost totally forgetful of the genuine relation with Krsna
- Lord Krsna, who is the possessor of inconceivable potencies & qualities of transcendental knowledge and bliss, is the basic cause of ecstatic love. Krsna also becomes the reservoir (impetus) of ecstatic love by His different incarnations and expansions
- Lord Siva said, "Despite Your (Krsna) transcendental position, my Lord, in order to show Your six opulences and advertise Your transcendental qualities, You have appeared in Your different incarnations - fish, tortoise, boar, Nrsimha, Kesava"
- Lord Sri Krsna is the fountainhead of all incarnations, and He is therefore the cause of all causes
- Lord Sri Krsna was not that type of incarnation. He was actually the Personality of Godhead from the very beginning of His appearance. He appeared before His so-called mother as four-armed Visnu
- Lord Sri Krsna, being the Supreme Personality of Godhead and fountainhead of all other incarnations, is the only independent person
- Lord Sri Krsna, expanding His plenary portion as Maha-visnu, the first incarnation, creates this manifested cosmos, but He is unborn. The creation, however, takes place in Him, and the material substance and manifestations are all Himself
- Material senses cannot have any estimation of the Supreme Lord, but by His inconceivable power the Lord can incarnate Himself to the sense perception of the conditioned souls in a suitable manner through the agency of matter
- May the Supreme Personality of Godhead who in His purusa incarnation causes the living being to be subjected to the sixteen divisions of material modes which are his generator, be pleased to decorate my statements
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: In this material world You (Krsna) make Yourself known only by Your different incarnations. Although You assume different types of bodies, these bodies are not part of the material creation
- Narada Muni addressed Narayana Rsi as an incarnation of Krsna and specifically addressed Him as the supreme well-wisher of the conditioned souls
- Narada Muni said, "The invincible death incarnation, eternal time, You (Krsna) will vanquish all belligerents assembled there. A large number of military forces killed in that battlefield. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet"
- Narayana has four hands whereas Krsna looks just like a man, they say that Narayana is the original God whereas Krsna is but an incarnation
- Narayana Rsi is the incarnation of Krsna for showing us the path of self-realization by undergoing severe austerities
- Narayana Rsi, being an incarnation of Krsna, is also addressed as the well-wisher of the conditioned souls. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, everyone should know that there is no well-wisher like Krsna
- Narayana, the four primary expansions (Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna & Aniruddha), Matsya & the other lila incarnations, the yuga-avataras, the manv-antara incarnations and as many other incarnations as there are - all descend in the body of Lord Krsna
- No one can count the innumerable pastime incarnations of Lord Krsna, but I shall describe the principal ones
- No one can even count how many waves there are, and similarly no one can count how many incarnations are coming from the Lord's (Krsna's) body
- O learned brahmanas, just as hundreds and thousands of small rivulets issue from great reservoirs of water, innumerable incarnations flow from Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the reservoir of all power
- O sage, kindly narrate how the SPG, who is the independent, desireless Lord of the three worlds & the controller of all energies, accepts incarnations & creates the cosmic manifestation with perfectly arranged regulative principles for its maintenance
- O Suta Gosvami, we are eager to learn about the Personality of Godhead and His incarnations. Please explain to us those teachings imparted by previous masters (acaryas), for one is uplifted both by speaking them and by hearing them
- O wise Suta, please narrate to us the transcendental pastimes of the Supreme Godhead's multi-incarnations. Such auspicious adventures and pastimes of the Lord, the supreme controller, are performed by His internal powers
- Of the many extensions, expansions and incarnations of the Lord, this pleasure potency is the foremost and chief
- Once, at the end of the previous kalpa, a demon named Hayagriva wanted to take the Vedic knowledge away from Lord Brahma at the time of annihilation. Therefore the Supreme Personality of Godhead took the incarnation of a fish
- One devotee has said, "I know about Narayana, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and I also know about many other incarnations of the Lord"
- One devotee said, "Certainly all the pastimes of such incarnations are exciting to my mind, but still, the pastimes of the rasa-lila performed by Lord Krsna Himself are wonderfully increasing my transcendental pleasure"
- One will tire of hearing mundane stories but one never tires of hearing about Krsna. It is for this reason only that the history of the whole universe is replete with references to the pastimes of the incarnations of Godhead
- Only by His extraordinary prowess and uncommon activities, which are impossible for embodied living entities, can one partially understand the incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Out of His causeless mercy and compassion, Krsna has compiled various Vedic literatures in His incarnation as Vyasadeva. Vyasadeva is a saktyavesa-avatara of Lord Krsna
- Phalguna-tirtha is celebrated because Lord Visnu in His incarnation of Ananta is lying there. From Phalguna-tirtha, Lord Balarama went on to visit another pilgrimage spot, known as Pancapsarasa
- Please tell me whether the original Personalities of God, who incarnated Themselves at the request of Brahma (who is born out of the lotus flower) & who increased the prosperity of the world by elevating everyone, are doing well in the house of Surasena
- Prtha: Daughter of Maharaja Surasena and sister of Vasudeva, Lord Krsna's father. Later she was adopted by Maharaja Kuntibhoja, and hence she is known as Kunti. She is the incarnation of the success potency of the Personality of Godhead
- Prthu Maharaja was a powerful incarnation of Lord Krsna's potencies; consequently any narration concerning his activities is surely very pleasing to hear, and it produces all good fortune
- Raghupati Upadhyaya confirms that the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has many incarnations - Narayana, Nrsimha, Varaha and others - but Krsna is distinguished as the supermost
- Refuted all arguments in the conclusions of "Krishna is the incarnation of Vishnu in the ocean of milk" "Krishna is the incarnation of Vasudeva the first plenary expansion of Narayana in Vaikuntha." "Krishna is the pastimeous Form of Narayana" etc
- Sankara, svayam sankara, he is incarnation of Lord Siva, and Lord Buddha is incarnation of Krsna. So they come for particular purpose, to benefit the whole world. But that is for the time being. That is not permanent
- Satya continued, "The Lord also sometimes descends to this earth in different incarnations to fulfill the desire of His devotees. He is so exalted and great that I do not know how to satisfy Him"
- Similarly, although Advaitacarya is the Lord, He appeared just to distribute the knowledge of Krsna consciousness. Thus He is also the Lord incarnated as a devotee
- Since the time of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there have been many imitation incarnations of Krsna who cannot understand that Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself and not an ordinary human being
- Siva-jvara said, "All such incarnations descend in fulfillment of Your (Krsna's) promise in the Bhagavad-gita that You appear as soon as there are discrepancies in the system of progressive life"
- Siva-jvara said, "This is not the first time You (Krsna) have incarnated; it is to be understood that You have done so many, many times before"
- Siva-jvara said, "To benefit Your devotees and vanquish the nondevotees, You appear in multi-incarnations"
- So our business, Krsna conscious people, our business is very easy. Because we don't manufacture ideas. We take the idea and the words delivered by the Supreme Person, Krsna, or His incarnation, or His representative
- Some called Lord Krsna an incarnation of Lord Ksirodakasayi. All these names are true; nothing is impossible
- Some said, "He (Krsna) is an incarnation of Narayana," and others said, "He is the incarnation of Ksirodakasayi Visnu." But actually He is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead - krsnas tu bhagavan svayam
- Some say that Krsna is the incarnation of Ksirodakasayi Visnu. None of these statements is impossible; each is as correct as the others
- Somehow people can understand the different incarnations of Your Lordship, but they are puzzled to understand the eternal form of Krsna with two hands, moving among human beings exactly like one of them
- Sometimes such unfortunate persons (mudhas, or rascals) misrepresent themselves as incarnations of Krsna without referring to the authorized scriptures
- Soon after the cosmic creation, the entire universe was inundated with water. At that time Lord Krsna (Kesava) incarnated as a gigantic fish to protect the Vedas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has personally preached the transcendental truths and mellows of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Supreme Personality of Godhead are identical, for Srimad-Bhagavatam is the sound incarnation of Sri Krsna
- Srila Advaita Acarya Prabhu appeared as an incarnation of a devotee. He is in the category of Krsna, but He descended to this earth to propagate devotional service
- Srila Vyasadeva is the empowered plenary portion incarnation of the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna. He descended by his causeless mercy to deliver the fallen souls in the material world
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the supreme Purana, and it was compiled by the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His incarnation as Vyasadeva. There are twelve cantos, 335 chapters and eighteen thousand verses
- Srimad-Bhagavatam, the Mahabharata, the Puranas and other Vedic literatures all give evidence to prove that Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the incarnation of Krsna
- Such a devotee is empowered by Garbhodakasayi Visnu. In this way, an incarnation of Krsna in the form of Brahma engineers the total creation of the universe
- Sukadeva narrated: "My dear King, you must have heard the name of King Bali. He was a great devotee who gave away in charity all that he had - namely, the whole world - to Lord Vamana, the incarnation of Visnu as a dwarf brahmana"
- Suta Gosvami continued: When Vidura became inspired to hear of the activities of Lord Krsna in His various incarnations, Maitreya, also being inspired and being very pleased with Vidura, began to praise him. Then Maitreya spoke as follows
- Talk of krsna-katha, or topics about Lord Krsna or His incarnations, is spiritually so inspiring that the reciter and hearer are never exhausted. That is the nature of spiritual talks
- That Vaikuntha region is all-pervading, infinite and supreme. It is the residence of Lord Krsna and His incarnations
- The Bhagavatam describes the symptoms and deeds of the incarnations in general and counts Sri Krsna among them
- The conclusion is that Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are simply devotee incarnations who carry out orders. However, Lord Visnu, the maintainer, is the personal feature of Lord Krsna
- The Deity in the temple is the arca incarnation of the Personality of Godhead, and thus the Deity is identical with the Lord in all respects
- The demigods said: When You appear in Your different incarnations, You take different names and forms according to different situations. Krsna is Your name because You are all-attractive; You are called Syamasundara because of Your transcendental beauty
- The Earth personified said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supersoul, in order to satisfy the aspirations of Your devotees, You descend to the earth in Your various transcendental incarnations, which are just appropriate to the devotees' worshipful desire"
- The great Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is considered to be the book incarnation of the Lord gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- The Hare Krsna maha-mantra is an incarnation of Lord Krsna
- The higher principles of religion begin with the acceptance of the four orders and the four ranks of social life, as will be explained later. The whole purpose of the mission of incarnations is to arouse Krsna consciousness everywhere
- The highest blunder committed by the impersonalists is to think that when the incarnation of God comes He accepts the form of matter in the mode of goodness
- The highest blunder committed by the impersonalists is to think that when the incarnation of God comes He accepts the form of matter in the mode of goodness. Actually, the form of Krsna or Narayana is transcendental to any material idea
- The incarnation of Krsna for this age is indicated by these symptoms. Please confirm this definitely so that all my doubts will go away
- The localized Personality of Godhead are worshiped in different parts of the planetary system, and in each system there is an incarnation of the Lord having a different Vaikuntha planet in the spiritual sky, which is called the paravyoma
- The Lord and His incarnation are fully independent and can appear anywhere and everywhere by virtue of the internal potency
- The Lord appears in different complete, eternal forms of incarnation. The conditioned soul has immense opportunity to hear about the transcendental activities of the Lord in these different incarnations
- The Lord does not have a material body, yet He descends among human beings in His transcendental body as an incarnation. Therefore it is very difficult for us to understand who is an incarnation
- The Lord incarnated Himself as Dattatreya, the son of Rsi Atri and Anasuya
- The Lord reminded Vasudeva and Devaki of two other incarnations in which He had appeared as their son. He had appeared as Prsnigarbha and Vamanadeva, and now this was the third time He was appearing as the son of Devaki to fulfill their desire
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, You (Krsna) are the proprietor of all the worlds, and You have incarnated Yourself with Your plenary expansion Lord Balarama"
- The messenger said, "It is said that Your (Krsna's) appearance in this incarnation is for the purpose of protecting the faithful and destroying the miscreants"
- The original Personality of Godhead (adyah), Govinda, expands Himself as the Maha-visnu incarnation and rests in the Causal Ocean, which He Himself creates
- The people then said, "You have appeared in Vrndavana as an incarnation of Krsna. Just by seeing You, everyone is now liberated"
- The purusa (Maha-Visnu) is the primary incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Sankhya philosophy was expounded in the Srimad-Bhagavatam by the true Lord Kapila, the incarnation of Lord Krsna, who explained it to His mother, Devahuti
- The science of God describes the incarnations of the Personality of Godhead and His different activities together with the activities of His great devotees
- The sound incarnation of Lord Krsna, the Supreme Soul, enters into the heart of a self-realized devotee, sits on the lotus flower of his loving relationship, and thus cleanses the dust of material association, such as lust, anger and hankering
- The source of all incarnations (Krsna) has the emotions of a superior when He considers Himself the master, and He has the emotions of an inferior when He considers Himself a devotee
- The Supreme Living Being in His feature as the transcendental purusa incarnation, who is the Lord's plenary expansion, impregnates the material nature of three modes, and thus by the influence of eternal time the living entities appear
- The Supreme Lord knows everything about the suffering of the conditioned soul, and therefore He appears in this material world, sometimes personally, sometimes by an incarnation and sometimes by authorizing a living being to act on His behalf
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Freed from all sinful reactions are those who rise from bed at the end of night, early in the morning, and fully concentrate their minds with great attention upon My incarnations like Matsya, Kurma and Varaha
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is the fountainhead of all incarnations. Lord Balarama is His second body
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the Supersoul of all living entities, out of His causeless mercy comes down and manifests His different transcendental pastimes in different incarnations
- The supreme whole is Krsna, and Baladeva and all Visnu incarnations are His fractions. Lord Krsna is therefore conscious of His superior position, and all Visnu incarnations are conscious of Their positions as devotees
- The time to lift the burden of the world mixed with the time for Lord Krsna's incarnation
- The transcendental topics of Lord Sri Krsna's superhuman activities, His incarnation, His birth, appearance or disappearance, His forms, His names and so on are all easily understandable because all requirements are fulfilled
- The true acarya, the spiritual master of the entire world, must be considered an incarnation of Krsna's mercy. Indeed, he is personally embracing Krsna
- The twelve different kinds of transcendental humors are controlled by different incarnations of God, such as Kapila, Madhava, Upendra, Nrsimha, Nanda-nandana, Balarama, Kurma, Kalki, Raghava, Bhargava, Varaha and Matsya
- The wives of the demigods, regretting the absence of their husbands, began to pray for the appearance of Lord Buddha, the ninth incarnation of Krsna in the age of Kali
- The word 'atma' refers to all the different Personalities of Godhead. One of them is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, Krsna, and the others are different incarnations or expansions of Krsna
- The yuga-avataras (incarnations for the millennium) and the manvantara-avataras (incarnations associated with the reigns of the Manus) - all combine together and appear with the body of Krsna
- There are innumerable incarnations of Krsna, and there is no possibility of counting them. We can simply indicate them by giving the example of the moon and the branches of a tree
- There are innumerable Vaikuntha planets, as well as innumerable incarnations. In the material world also there are innumerable universes, and Krsna is the supreme resting place for all of them
- There are many false incarnations after the departure of Lord Krsna from the face of the globe, and they are misleading the innocent public by accepting the spiritual obedience of the general mass of people to maintain false prestige
- There are many other places, both in the Bhagavatam and in other scriptures, in which the incarnation of the Lord as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is explicitly mentioned
- There have been many imitation incarnations in Bengal since the appearance of Lord Caitanya, but any impartial devotee or learned man can understand that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was accepted as an incarnation of Krsna...
- There in Badarikasrama the Personality of Godhead, in His incarnation as the sages Nara and Narayana, has been undergoing great penance since time immemorial for the welfare of all amiable living entities
- There may be many all-auspicious incarnations of the Personality of Godhead, but who other than Lord Sri Krsna can bestow love of God upon the surrendered souls?
- Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers
- These are all incarnations of Lord Krsna, yet we always find that they act as devotees
- These are some of the descriptions of the incarnations emanating from Krsna, and from the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is understood that innumerable incarnations are always coming out from the body of Krsna, just like waves in the ocean
- These atheists, they have been taught to worship the form of Lord Buddha, and Buddha is incarnation of Krsna, so one day they will be delivered. But these rascals (Mayavadis) will never be delivered
- This (the Bhagavatam describes the symptoms and deeds of the incarnations in general and counts Sri Krsna among them) made Suta Gosvami greatly apprehensive. Therefore he distinguished each incarnation by its specific symptoms
- This book incarnation of the Lord (the Srimad-Bhagavatam) gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- This great machine, consisting of the stars and planets, resembles the form of a sisumara (dolphin) in the water. It is sometimes considered an incarnation of Krsna, Vasudeva. Great yogis meditate upon Vasudeva in this form because it is actually visible
- This Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, this is also considered saktyavesavatara, the incarnation of sound
- This Krsna consciousness movement is also incarnation of Krsna. Krsna is absolute. Krsna and Krsna consciousness is the same. That is absolute
- This movement is to create sadhus. You have to cooperate. This incarnation of Krsna, Krsna and nama, Krsna's name, is the same: "There is no difference between Krsna's name and Krsna." Krsna has already come by this Krsna consciousness movement
- Thus I have explained specifically empowered incarnations. Now please hear about the characteristics of Lord Krsna's childhood, boyhood and youth
- Thus the killing of the demons is but secondary work. I shall now speak of the main reason for the Lord's incarnation
- Thus we should not think that Krsna is overpowered by the material potency when He is in the material world. Neither Krsna nor His incarnations ever come under the control of material nature. They are totally free
- To understand Krsna means to understand Krsna in His personal form with His internal energy, His external energy, His expansions and His incarnations
- We have great respect for Lord Jesus Christ. We accept him as powerful incarnation of Krishna, as much as we accept Lord Buddha
- We know perfectly that Buddha is an incarnation of Krsna, but those who are cheated by Buddha, from their point of view I want to know what is their perspective
- We must simply accept the word of Lord Ramacandra, Lord Krsna and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and follow in Their footsteps. Then it may be possible for us to know the purpose of Their incarnations
- We should always remember that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is present as incarnation. Now, God is all-powerful
- We, the followers of Vedic culture, accept both Lord Buddha and Lord Caitanya as incarnations of God, as both of them are stated to be so in the authorized Vedic scriptures
- When the complete Supreme Personality of Godhead descends, all other incarnations of the Lord meet together within Him
- Whenever Sri Krsna desires to manifest His incarnation on earth, first He creates the incarnations of His respectable predecessors
- Whenever there is a decline of dharma and a rise of adharma, O Arjuna, then I (Krsna) incarnate Myself
- Whole purpose of the mission of incarnations is to arouse Krsna consciousness everywhere
- You (Krsna) descend as an incarnation to remove the burden of the world and to benefit Your friends, especially those who are Your exclusive devotees and are rapt in meditation upon You
- You (the Supreme Lord) appear sometimes as an animal like Lord Boar, sometimes a mixed incarnation like Lord Nrsimha-deva and Lord Hayagriva, and sometimes an aquatic like Lord Fish and Lord Tortoise
- You also incarnated as Lord Ramacandra, Parasurama and Vamana, the dwarf. You have always protected us demigods and the universe in this way. Now please continue
- You may narrate also about the auspicious characteristics of the Lord in His different incarnations for the welfare of the twice-born, the cows and the demigods