Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
immortal | immortality | immortalized | immortalizes | immortally
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Immortal"
The following 87 pages are in this category, out of 87 total.
- A civilization that does not consider the progressive advancement of the immortal soul merely fosters a bestial life of ignorance
- Although soul is immortal, but taking the soul is immortal, you cannot cut anyone's throat. He has got a right to live in that body for some time by the ordained order of the Supreme. I cannot get you out by force. That is sinful
- Amrtatva means immortality. So the modern civilization, they have no idea, either the great philosopher, great politician or great scientist, that it is possible to attain the stage of immortality. Amrtatva. We are all amrta
- Any material arrangement for protecting oneself from death is always unsure, but if one is in Krsna consciousness, then immortality is confidently assured
- As a lawyer, when there is some dispute, you refer to the lawbook. Similarly, when there is dispute how the soul is immortal, the body is changing, you refer to Bhagavad-gita
- As human beings seem immortal to a tiny insect, so Lord Brahma and the demigods seem immortal to us. In fact, however, no material body of any form is ever eternal
- As mentioned above, the title may be properly translated as "the character of the living force in immortality"
- Bhakti-yoga offers immortality to the individual conditioned soul
- Brahma never agreed to give Hiranyakasipu immortality. But he wanted to cheat Brahma that "Indirectly, by the negative way, I have taken everything. So I am immortal." This is called mudha
- Brahma said, "You are the original amrta (indestructible nectar of immortality). As confirmed in the Vedas, amrtam sasvatam brahma. Brahman is the eternal, the supreme origin of everything, who has no birth or death"
- But how is this living force displayed immortally? It is not displayed by man or any other creature in this material universe, for none of us are immortal in these bodies
- Devotees who render continuous service to the Lord have already attained immortality, for whatever they are doing in this life they will continue to do in the next
- Devotional service, which leads to the association of the Supreme Lord, is actual immortality
- Dhira means, I have already explained, not to be disturbed, even the cause of disturbance is there. So that is the qualification of becoming immortal
- False or nonpermanent, whatever it may be, the real human civilization should be based on the purpose of becoming immortal, sat, not asat. That is the distinction between India and other countries
- From the Caitanya-caritamrta we learn how Lord Caitanya taught people to break the shackles of maya and become immortal
- He (omkara) is the beginning, middle and end, and He is beginningless as well. When one understands omkara as such, he becomes immortal. One should thus know omkara as a representation of the Supreme situated in everyone's heart
- Hiranyakasipu underwent severe austerity and penance to satisfy Brahma and thus receive a benediction of immortality
- Hiranyakasipu wanted to be immortal and underwent a severe type of penance by which the whole universe trembled, and Brahma himself approached him to dissuade Hiranyakasipu from such a severe type of penance
- Hiranyakasipu wanted to become immortal. He wanted not to be conquered by anyone, not to be attacked by old age and disease, and not to be harassed by any opponent. Thus he wanted to become the absolute ruler of the entire universe
- Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu, having received the boon that they would not be killed by any other living entity within this universe, were almost immortal, and thus they were completely fearless
- I am immortality, and I am also death personified. Both spirit and matter are in Me
- I am the basis of the impersonal Brahman, which is immortal, imperishable and eternal and is the constitutional position of ultimate happiness
- If anyone can prepare that soma-rasa, and anyone can drink that soma-rasa, he becomes immortal. That means his duration of life increases
- If one follows the Mayavadi philosophy, he misses his opportunity to become immortal after giving up the material body
- If you want to study whether man is mortal or immortal, there are two processes. Deductive process, you take the idea from superior person that man is mortal. If you accept, then your knowledge is perfect
- Immortality is obtained only by those who return to Godhead by practice of anti-material activities
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord also assures that whoever may go to His abode of immortality shall never return to this mortal land of threefold miseries
- Indeed, it may be said that there can be no activity without the living force. Although the living force is present in the material condition, this condition is not amrta, immortal
- Is there any science to give knowledge how one becomes immortal? Yes, there is. You can become immortal. Not in this material science; not in the so-called universities. But there is knowledge in the Vedic scripture
- It is stated in the Katha Upanisad that eternality and the living force belong to both ourselves and God. Although this is true in that both God and ourselves are immortal, there is a difference
- Kaviraja Gosvami, who has written this immortal Caitanya-caritamrta, he is presenting himself: "I am lower than the worms in the stool" Just see. He is not hypocrite. He is feeling like that: "Oh, what is my value?"
- Krsna said to Radharani, "My dear auspicious Radharani, Your body is the source of all beauty. Your red lips are softer than the sense of immortal sweetness, and Your face bears the aroma of a lotus flower"
- Krsna said, "These great personalities (Hariscandra, Rantideva and Mudgala) have attained immortal fame simply by sacrificing the temporary and perishable body"
- Milk is compared to nectar, which one can drink to become immortal. Of course, simply drinking milk will not make one immortal, but it can increase the duration of one's life
- Mortality, it is not absolutism. So long you are mortal, you are not on the absolute platform, because you are actually immortal
- Narada Muni was the son of the most insignificant parentage. He was not properly educated. Still, because his complete energy was engaged in the service of the Lord, he became an immortal sage
- Nobody is immortal within this material world. And still, we are attached. We want to be immortal. That is the psychology
- One who cannot understand this fact, that soul is immortal, body is... He is no more human; he is animal
- Only those who realize God as the eternal Supreme Personality can become immortal
- Our aim is amrtatva, how to become immortal. That is our aim of life. So we have to achieve that goal of life. We should not be disturbed with this temporary distress and pleasure
- Our human life, the ultimate goal of human life is to achieve immortality. Tyaktva deham punar janma naiti
- Our sensory prowess, mental power, bodily strength, living force, immortality and mortality are all subject to the superintendence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Sastra has given concession that you require sex life, but enjoy it in married life, but no illicit sex. At least, stop this. If you want to be immortal, these things are to be followed: no illicit sex, no intoxication, no meat-eating, no gambling
- Simply chant Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare - Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, and gradually you'll realize how to become immortal
- Spiritual life means how to become immortal
- That is the aim of human life. How to become immortal
- That you can become immortal simply by becoming Krsna conscious. Krsna says. It is a fact
- The Caitanya-caritamrta teaches that the spirit soul is immortal and that our activities in the spiritual world are also immortal
- The changing effects of eternal time are conspicuously absent in the immortal kingdom of God, which should therefore be understood to have no influence of time and therefore no fear whatsoever
- The conclusion is that if one wants to make himself immortal, he should give up sense gratification
- The constitution of Brahman is immortality, imperishability, eternity, and happiness
- The constitution of Brahman is immortality, imperishability, eternity, and happiness. Brahman is the beginning of transcendental realization
- The denizens (of heaven) used to drink nectar to become immortal, but actually they were not confident of their immortality. On the other hand, the boys who were playing with Krsna had no fear of the demons. They were free of fear
- The immortality of the individual person is the highest perfectional stage a living entity can attain
- The living entity who is subjected to birth and death attains immortality when he gives up all material activities, dedicates his life to the execution of My order, and acts according to My directions
- The Lord now concludes the chapter of instruction on the immutable spirit soul. In describing the immortal soul in various ways, Lord Krsna establishes that the soul is immortal and the body is temporary
- The narration of Dhruva Maharaja is sublime knowledge for the attainment of immortality
- The Supreme Lord, who is the leader of all living entities, can award all the qualities of His personality unto His devotees, including immortality and spiritual bliss
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the controller of immortality and fearlessness, and He is transcendental to death and the fruitive actions of the material world
- The word caitanya means "living force," carita means "character," and amrta means "immortal"
- The words Caitanya-caritamrta, then, may be translated as “the character of the living force in immortality.”
- Those who perform the four-month penances become eligible to drink the soma-rasa beverages to become immortal and happy forever
- Though the soul is immortal, violence is not encouraged, but at the time of war it is not discouraged when there is actual need for it. That need must be justified in terms of the sanction of the Lord, and not capriciously
- Unless one can understand his position as a living entity and an eternal servitor of the Lord, there is no question of immortality
- Unlike the demons, devotees no longer have to change material bodies. The Lord, therefore, is simultaneously death and immortality. He is death for demons and immortality for devotees
- Upon attaining love of God, a person immediately becomes immortal and no longer has to change his material body
- Valmiki was a great poet, and similarly Vyasadeva is a great writer, and both of them have absolutely engaged themselves in delineating the transcendental activities of the Lord and by doing so have become immortal
- Vibhisana was one of the brothers of Ravana, a demon, but Lord Rama made him immortal by His blessings
- Visnu has 1000's of heads, eyes & feet. Entirely encompassing the whole universe, He still extends beyond it by ten fingers' breadth. He is this entire universe, all that was & all that will be, the Lord of immortality & of all that is nourished by food
- We possess the living force, we perform activities, and we are immortal by our nature and constitution, but the material condition into which we have been put does not allow our immortality to be displayed
- When a person attains to the perfectional stage of love of Godhead, he becomes liberated even in his present body and realizes his constitutional position of immortality