immortal | immortality | immortalized | immortalizes | immortally
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Krsna Is Immortality (2 P)
- ► Mortal (1 C, 72 P)
Pages in category "Immortal"
The following 100 pages are in this category, out of 100 total.
- A civilization that does not consider the progressive advancement of the immortal soul merely fosters a bestial life of ignorance
- Although soul is immortal, but taking the soul is immortal, you cannot cut anyone's throat. He has got a right to live in that body for some time by the ordained order of the Supreme. I cannot get you out by force. That is sinful
- Amrtatva means immortality. So the modern civilization, they have no idea, either the great philosopher, great politician or great scientist, that it is possible to attain the stage of immortality. Amrtatva. We are all amrta
- Any material arrangement for protecting oneself from death is always unsure, but if one is in Krsna consciousness, then immortality is confidently assured
- As a lawyer, when there is some dispute, you refer to the lawbook. Similarly, when there is dispute how the soul is immortal, the body is changing, you refer to Bhagavad-gita
- As described in the Vedas, utamrtatvasyesanah: the Supreme Lord is the Lord of immortality, or in other words, the Lord is immortal, and because He is the Lord of immortality He can award immortality to His devotees
- As human beings seem immortal to a tiny insect, so Lord Brahma and the demigods seem immortal to us. In fact, however, no material body of any form is ever eternal
- As mentioned above, the title may be properly translated as "the character of the living force in immortality"
- Beyond that is the spiritual sky where the Vaikuntha planets exist beyond the coverings of seven material strata. In none of the triloka planetary systems can one experience the status of immortality, full knowledge and full bliss
- Brahma never agreed to give Hiranyakasipu immortality. But he wanted to cheat Brahma that "Indirectly, by the negative way, I have taken everything. So I am immortal." This is called mudha
- Brahma said, "You are the original amrta (indestructible nectar of immortality). As confirmed in the Vedas, amrtam sasvatam brahma. Brahman is the eternal, the supreme origin of everything, who has no birth or death"
- Brahmaji declined to award him (Hiranyakasipu) the benediction of immortality because he himself is not an immortal being. But Hiranyakasipu derived Brahmaji's benediction in a roundabout way, almost equal to becoming an immortal being
- But how is this living force displayed immortally? It is not displayed by man or any other creature in this material universe, for none of us are immortal in these bodies
- Devotional service, which leads to the association of the Supreme Lord, is actual immortality
- Dhira means, I have already explained, not to be disturbed, even the cause of disturbance is there. So that is the qualification of becoming immortal
- Diti replied: O my husband, I have now lost my sons. If you want to give me a benediction, I ask you for an immortal son who can kill Indra. I pray for this because Indra, with the help of Visnu, has killed my two sons Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu
- False or nonpermanent, whatever it may be, the real human civilization should be based on the purpose of becoming immortal, sat, not asat. That is the distinction between India and other countries
- From the Caitanya-caritamrta we learn how Lord Caitanya taught people to break the shackles of maya and become immortal
- He (omkara) is the beginning, middle and end, and He is beginningless as well. When one understands omkara as such, he becomes immortal. One should thus know omkara as a representation of the Supreme situated in everyone's heart
- Hiranya means "gold," and kasipu means "soft bed." This cunning gentleman Hiranyakasipu was interested in these two things-money and women-and he wanted to enjoy them by becoming immortal
- Hiranyakasipu asked Brahma to award him the blessings of immortality, but Brahma said that he himself was subject to death, even in the topmost planet, so how could he award him the benediction of immortality?
- Hiranyakasipu underwent severe austerity and penance to satisfy Brahma and thus receive a benediction of immortality
- Hiranyakasipu wanted to be immortal and underwent a severe type of penance by which the whole universe trembled, and Brahma himself approached him to dissuade Hiranyakasipu from such a severe type of penance
- Hiranyakasipu wanted to become immortal. He wanted not to be conquered by anyone, not to be attacked by old age and disease, and not to be harassed by any opponent. Thus he wanted to become the absolute ruler of the entire universe
- Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu, having received the boon that they would not be killed by any other living entity within this universe, were almost immortal, and thus they were completely fearless
- Hunger can be satisfied only when the living being is situated in immortality, which is attained in the spiritual sky, far, far above the Brahmaloka, in the association of Lord Mukunda, who awards His devotees the transcendental pleasure of liberation
- I am the basis of the impersonal Brahman, which is immortal, imperishable and eternal and is the constitutional position of ultimate happiness
- I am the basis of the impersonal Brahman, which is the constitutional position of ultimate happiness, and which is immortal, imperishable and eternal. BG 14.27 - 1972
- I can see that this boy's strength is unlimited, for he has not feared any of my punishments. He appears immortal. Therefore, because of my enmity toward him, I shall die. Or maybe this will not take place
- If anyone can prepare that soma-rasa, and anyone can drink that soma-rasa, he becomes immortal. That means his duration of life increases
- If one follows the Mayavadi philosophy, he misses his opportunity to become immortal after giving up the material body
- If you want to study whether man is mortal or immortal, there are two processes. Deductive process, you take the idea from superior person that man is mortal. If you accept, then your knowledge is perfect
- Immediately endeavor to produce nectar, which a person who is about to die may drink to become immortal
- Immortality is obtained only by those who return to Godhead by practice of anti-material activities
- Immortality, or complete cessation of the chain of repeated birth and death, can be offered by the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead Himself, not by others
- In such a devotional state (being concentrated only upon the eternal loving service of the Lord), a perfect yogi can attain the status of immortal knowledge and bliss
- Indeed, it may be said that there can be no activity without the living force. Although the living force is present in the material condition, this condition is not amrta, immortal
- Is there any science to give knowledge how one becomes immortal? Yes, there is. You can become immortal. Not in this material science; not in the so-called universities. But there is knowledge in the Vedic scripture
- It is impossible even for Lord Brahma to give anyone the benediction of becoming immortal, but indirectly Hiranyakasipu received the benediction that no one within this material world would be able to kill him
- Kaviraja Gosvami, who has written this immortal Caitanya-caritamrta, he is presenting himself: "I am lower than the worms in the stool" Just see. He is not hypocrite. He is feeling like that: "Oh, what is my value?"
- Krsna said to Radharani, "My dear auspicious Radharani, Your body is the source of all beauty. Your red lips are softer than the sense of immortal sweetness, and Your face bears the aroma of a lotus flower"
- Krsna said, "These great personalities (Hariscandra, Rantideva and Mudgala) have attained immortal fame simply by sacrificing the temporary and perishable body"
- Milk is compared to nectar, which one can drink to become immortal. Of course, simply drinking milk will not make one immortal, but it can increase the duration of one's life
- Mortality, it is not absolutism. So long you are mortal, you are not on the absolute platform, because you are actually immortal
- Narada Muni was not properly educated. Still, because his complete energy was engaged in the service of the Lord, he became an immortal sage. Such is the powerful action of devotional service
- Nobody is immortal within this material world. And still, we are attached. We want to be immortal. That is the psychology
- O immortal one, this unique airplane has been sent by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is worshiped by selected prayers and who is the chief of all living entities. You are quite worthy to board such a plane
- O immortal Siva, please be kind towards me and fulfill my desire. You have accepted me as half of your body; therefore please show kindness towards me and accept my request
- Of horses know Me to be Uccaihsrava, who rose out of the ocean, born of the elixir of immortality; of lordly elephants I am Airavata, and among men I am the monarch. BG 10.27 - 1972
- One should not visit all these sanctified pilgrimage places & temples with sightseeing in mind, but one must go to such temples and sanctified places immortalized by the transcendental pastimes of the Lord and be guided by proper men who know the science
- One who cannot understand this fact, that soul is immortal, body is... He is no more human; he is animal
- Our aim is amrtatva, how to become immortal. That is our aim of life. So we have to achieve that goal of life. We should not be disturbed with this temporary distress and pleasure
- Our human life, the ultimate goal of human life is to achieve immortality. Tyaktva deham punar janma naiti
- Our sensory prowess, mental power, bodily strength, living force, immortality and mortality are all subject to the superintendence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Sastra has given concession that you require sex life, but enjoy it in married life, but no illicit sex. At least, stop this. If you want to be immortal, these things are to be followed: no illicit sex, no intoxication, no meat-eating, no gambling
- Simply chant Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare - Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, and gradually you'll realize how to become immortal
- Since Brahma told him that he could not grant the gift of immortality, Hiranyakasipu requested that he not be killed by any man, animal, god or any other living being within the 8,400,000 species
- Some foolish Russian scientists also claim that they are going to make man immortal through scientific advancement. Under the leadership of such crazy fellows, civilization is going on
- Spiritual life means how to become immortal
- That is the aim of human life. How to become immortal
- That you can become immortal simply by becoming Krsna conscious. Krsna says. It is a fact
- The Caitanya-caritamrta teaches that the spirit soul is immortal and that our activities in the spiritual world are also immortal
- The changing effects of eternal time are conspicuously absent in the immortal kingdom of God, which should therefore be understood to have no influence of time and therefore no fear whatsoever
- The charity of Maitreya not only will help Vidura, but, due to its universal nature, will deliver all others in all times. Thus Maitreya is immortal
- The conclusion is that if one wants to make himself immortal, he should give up sense gratification
- The constitution of Brahman is immortality, imperishability, eternity, and happiness
- The constitution of Brahman is immortality, imperishability, eternity, and happiness. Brahman is the beginning of transcendental realization
- The denizens (of heaven) used to drink nectar to become immortal, but actually they were not confident of their immortality. On the other hand, the boys who were playing with Krsna had no fear of the demons. They were free of fear
- The history of Hiranyakasipu and his great devotee-son Prahlada Maharaja is narrated in the Seventh Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Hiranyakasipu became very powerful by material achievements and thought himself to be immortal by the grace of Brahmaji
- The immortality of the individual person is the highest perfectional stage a living entity can attain
- The living entity who is subjected to birth and death attains immortality when he gives up all material activities, dedicates his life to the execution of My order, and acts according to My directions
- The Lord now concludes the chapter of instruction on the immutable spirit soul. In describing the immortal soul in various ways, Lord Krsna establishes that the soul is immortal and the body is temporary
- The narration of Dhruva Maharaja is sublime knowledge for the attainment of immortality
- The narration of Dhruva Maharaja is sublime knowledge for the attainment of immortality. Persons unaware of the Absolute Truth can be led to the path of truth
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the controller of immortality and fearlessness, and He is transcendental to death and the fruitive actions of the material world
- The word caitanya means "living force," carita means "character," and amrta means "immortal"
- The words Caitanya-caritamrta, then, may be translated as “the character of the living force in immortality.”
- The words mrtyum amrtam, "death and immortality," are significant. In Bhagavad-gita the Lord says, "I am ultimate death, who takes away everything from the demons"
- Those who perform the four-month penances become eligible to drink the soma-rasa beverages to become immortal and happy forever
- Though the soul is immortal, violence is not encouraged, but at the time of war it is not discouraged when there is actual need for it. That need must be justified in terms of the sanction of the Lord, and not capriciously
- We possess the living force, we perform activities, and we are immortal by our nature and constitution, but the material condition into which we have been put does not allow our immortality to be displayed
- When a person attains to the perfectional stage of love of Godhead, he becomes liberated even in his present body and realizes his constitutional position of immortality
- When Hiranyakasipu asked immortality from Lord Brahma, Lord Brahma expressed his inability to offer such a benediction because he himself is not immortal