Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
imitation | imitations
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Imitation"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- False gurus are current very much. "It may be there is no guru." Not at all. You cannot say that. Just like there are imitation coin. You have met with some imitation coins. That does not mean there is no real coin. You are unfortunate
- First thing is, first business, is to accept a bona fide guru. Otherwise there is no devotion. It is simply false imitation. This is the injunction of Rupa Gosvami in Bhakti-rasamrta sindhu
- From the very beginning of life, they are hearing Hare Krsna maha-mantra. They are associating with Vaisnava, chanting, dancing. Imitation or fact, it doesn't matter. So they are very, very fortunate children
- If one wrongly thinks that the material body is as perfect as the spiritual body and thus begins to worship Krsna by imitating the damsels of Vrndavana, he becomes infested with Mayavada (impersonal) philosophy
- If somebody is imitating, that is simply imitation. So imitation has no value. The real thing is this meditation: you chant and hear. This meditation. Meditation means to absorb your mind in the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- If we introduce so much emphasis on style of kirtana, then simply imitation will go on. Devotional emotion is the main thing
- Imitation is dangerous
- Imitation of Krsna
- Imitation of the ideal
- Imitation uttama adhikari will not help
- Imitative hearing of Srimad-Bhagavatam is a caricature only, and one should not be misled by such a performance of bhagavatam saptaha undertaken by ridiculous greedy fellows to maintain an establishment of material enjoyment
- Inferior people cannot accept the real God, yet they are very eager to accept an imitation God who can simply bluff foolish people. All this is going on in this Age of Kali
- Kaliya's wives were flattering Krsna so that He would spare their husband. Therefore this is an example of uparasa, or imitation
- Kapila Muni. He is also incarnation of God, and He preached the sankhya philosophy, original. Later on, in the, just in this Kali-yuga, there is an imitation sankhya philosophy. So there are two sankhya philosophies: atheistic and nonatheistic
- Krsna saw that Paundraka carried an imitation Sarnga bow, and on his chest was a mock insignia of Srivatsa. His neck was decorated with a false Kaustubha jewel, and he wore a flower garland in exact imitation of Lord Vasudeva's
- On the whole, however, his (Paundraka's) dress and makeup were clearly imitation. Anyone could understand that he was just like someone onstage playing the part of Vasudeva in false dress
- One cannot imitate the sun, which can exhaust water even from a filthy place; the most powerful can do something which is all-good, but our imitation of such acts will put us into endless difficulty
- One should not imitate the behavior of an advanced devotee or maha-bhagavata without being self-realized, for by such imitation one will eventually become degraded
- Practically our creation is for enjoying in the company, in the association of the Supreme Lord. But we thought that it is better to become an imitation God and try to lord it over the material nature. That is not possible; therefore we are suffering
- Prahlada Maharaja is the symbolic representation of Vaisnava. So try to be not imitator, but follower. Don't try to imitate: "Oh, Prahlada Maharaja was thrown into boiling oil. Let me try, fall into the boiling oil." No. That is imitation
- Since the time of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there have been many imitation incarnations of Krsna who cannot understand that Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself and not an ordinary human being
- Such a manifestation of divine love is mere imitation and has no value. When one is actually spontaneously attracted to the loving principles of the gopis, there will be found no trace of any mundane contamination in his character
- The conditioned living beings contact material association by their own choice, dictated by a strong desire to lord it over the resources of the material world and become imitation lords of all they survey. Everyone is trying to become an imitation God
- The conditioned souls who are allured by such materialism should know that the material temporary creation is simply an imitation of the reality
- The practice of yoga is similar to the yoga-nidra of Maha-visnu. Yogis are advised to keep their eyes half closed, but this state is not at all one of sleep, although imitation yogis, especially in the modern age, manifest their so-called yoga by sleeping
- The response of the people here has been very favorable towards our movement which they have found to be a great stimulus to the revival of Krsna consciousness which they have been forsaking for the imitation of your Western material prosperity
- The sahajiya's illicit connection and their imitation of the dress of Rupa Gosvami, as well as their avoidance of the prescribed methods of revealed scriptures, will lead them to the lowest regions of hell. These imitative sahajiyas are cheated
- The so-called Vedantists and Mayavadis cannot understand Krsna as He is; they simply mislead their followers by imitating the actions of Krsna in an unauthorized way
- The suka-kanya, or daughter of Sukadeva, mentioned in this verse is the daughter of the duplicate or imitation Sukadeva. The original Sukadeva was a lifelong brahmacari
- The sunshine is the imitation of the brahmajyoti that is coming out of the body of the Supreme Lord
- There have been many imitation incarnations in Bengal since the appearance of Lord Caitanya, but any impartial devotee or learned man can understand that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was accepted as an incarnation of Krsna...
- This imitative attachment can be divided into two headings - namely, shadow attachment and para (transcendental) attachment
- This may be imitative, but imitation of a good thing is desired. Some imitators gradually become interested in being initiated by the spiritual master and offer themselves for initiation
- Those who are mad after capturing and enjoying the imitation peacock, as well as those who have a pessimistic view of the imitation peacock but lack any positive information of the real peacock - both are illusioned by the modes of material nature
- Those who shed tears by practice but whose hearts have not changed are to be known as stone-hearted devotees of the lowest grade. Their imitation crying, induced by artificial practice, is always condemned
- Tulasi leaf eating is good. You can eat leaf, especially palatable with water. Water, that is good. But you make it, imitation tea, that means I remember tea-drinking
- We also take, imitate that enjoyment. We also want to mix, young boys and girls, dance together. Because we imitate Krsna. The same thing is there
- We are seeking pleasure within this material world. That is imitation. That is not real enjoyment. But the basic principle of enjoyment is there. Here there is imitation enjoyment - love between young boy, young girl is there. So wherefrom it comes?
- When Satrajit wore this jewel in a locket around his neck, he appeared exactly like an imitation sun-god. Putting on this jewel, he entered the city of Dvaraka, and people thought that the sun-god had come into the city to see Krsna
- When the living entity wants to enjoy by imitating the Supreme Personality of Godhead, his desire is called maya, and it puts him in the material atmosphere
- When the seven indirect transcendental mellows and the dried-up mellow of neutrality are produced by devotees and moods not directly related to Krsna and devotional service in ecstatic love, they are described as anurasa, imitation mellows
- With gopis Krsna is dancing. Here also we are dancing, in nightclub, and this club, that club. But that will not give you satisfaction, because it is imitation. If you want real dancing, come to Krsna. That is wanted