Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hunt | hunted | huntering | hunting
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Hunting"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- According to Vedic injunctions, however, only ksatriyas are allowed to hunt, whereas sudras are allowed to eat flesh after offering goats or other insignificant animals before the deity of goddess Kali or similar demigods
- Although ksatriyas are allowed to kill animals in hunting, they are not freed from the resultant contamination of sinful reactions
- Arjuna felt tired and thirsty from hunting, and therefore he went to the bank of the Yamuna along with Krsna
- Arjuna said, "My name is Arjuna, and I carry the bow known as Gandiva. You cannot insult me, for I have satisfied even Lord Siva by my prowess when we were both hunting in the forest"
- At present the whole world is on the verge of retiring from a blind materialistic civilization, which may be likened to hunting animals in the forest
- Hunting business was allowed only for the kings, ksatriyas, not for ordinary man. Killing in sports. Because the king had to administer so strongly that sometimes he had to kill an evil person immediately with sword. The kingdom was very strong
- Hunting women, drinking different types of liquor, becoming intoxicated, killing animals and enjoying sex all serve as the basis of modern civilization. Vaisnavas are unhappy to see such a situation in the world
- I am going in a secluded place and thinking, "How many women I have hunted." What is this nonsense? Eh? And showing, "I have become very much advanced. I am leader." And my leading is I'm thinking of woman. That's all. And money
- If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance. If I become a brahmana and completely depend on Krsna, I do not conduct a business, but nonetheless my maintenance is supplied by Krsna
- Once when King Dusmanta went to the forest to hunt and was very much fatigued, he approached the residence of Kanva Muni
- One form of hunting is known as woman-hunting. A conditioned soul is never satisfied with one wife. Those whose senses are very much uncontrolled especially try to hunt for many women
- Pariksit Maharaja was hunting, and when he became tired and thirsty he entered in the hermitage home of a sage. Because in those days in the jungles there were many hermitages
- Prostitute hunting is so abominable that the desire for sex with a prostitute can ruin one's character, destroy one's exalted position and plunder all one's money. Therefore illicit sex is strictly prohibited
- The brahmana therefore said, "No one should offer respects or worship to a king whose only business is envy. Such a king spends his time either hunting and killing animals in the forest or killing citizens for criminal acts"
- The devotees are pained to see the hunting and killing of animals in the forest, the wholesale slaughter of animals in the slaughterhouses, and the exploitation of young girls in brothels that function under different names as clubs and societies
- The hunter addressed Narada Muni, 'O gosvami! O great saintly person! Why have you left the general path through the forest to come to me? Simply by seeing you, all the animals I was hunting have now fled'
- The kings were very severe to punish unwanted social elements. So the kings were therefore allowed sometimes to hunt in the jungle to practice killing
- The ksatriya kings were sometimes expected to cut off the head of a culprit in the state. For this reason the ksatriyas were allowed to hunt in the forest
- The Lord said, "My dear King, because you are a ksatriya, you have committed the offense of slaughtering animals, both in hunting and in political engagements"
- The one Supreme Being, Krsna, maintains everyone. Our so-called source of income is our own choice only. If I wish to be a hunter, it will appear that hunting is the source of my maintenance
- The other meaning of the word (pasu-ghna) refers to those who are actually killing animals. This means persons who are animal-eaters, for they are all engaged in killing animals, such as hunting & opening slaughterhouses
- What is this world, material world? The material means sex desire. That's all. The woman is hunting after man, and the man is hunting after woman
- While hunting in the forest, Dusmanta once approached the asrama of Maharsi Kanva, where he saw an extremely beautiful woman and became attracted to her. That woman was the daughter of Visvamitra, and her name was Sakuntala