Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Caitanya's Greatness (1 C, 27 P)
- ► Devotional Service to God is Great (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Krsna's Greatness (5 C, 117 P)
- ► Radharani's Greatness (1 C, 7 P)
Pages in category "Greatness"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- After the mellow of servitorship, there are the mellows of friendship and parental love, which increase to subordinate spontaneous love. The greatness of the love found in friends like Subala extends to the standard of ecstatic love of Godhead
- Although these things were very difficult to give up, Maharaja Bharata was so exalted that he gave them up just as one gives up stool after evacuating. Such was the greatness of His Majesty
- Anyone who hears this narration of Dhruva acquires exalted qualities like him. For anyone who desires greatness, prowess or influence, here is the process by which to acquire them, and for thoughtful men who want adoration, here is the proper means
- As a fire can consume anything and everything without being contaminated, so, by the grace of the Lord, the fire of Brahma's greatness consumed his desire for the sinful act of sex with his daughter
- As Krsna's part and parcel, we offer respect to everyone. So not that they are amazed with the greatness of a living entity. He thinks that his greatness is due to Krsna's favor
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) felt grateful to the sages for being present there at the last stage of his life, and he felt that it was all due to the greatness of his late forefathers or grandfathers
- Hearing the greatness of the sankirtana, King Prataparudra went up to the top of his palace and watched the performance with his personal associates
- How do you understand that God is great? What is your calculation, that from, on this point, God is great? Just like in your Bible it is said, "God said 'Let there be creation,' and there was creation." Is it not? Is it not statement? So here is greatness
- I am very pleased to know that you are feeling the greatness of the Krishna Consciousness movement
- If one spark falls on your body, on your garment, it burns. But it is not as powerful as the big fire. Similarly, God is all powerful. God is great. We are part and parcel of God. Therefore, our greatness is very, very small, infinitesimal. God is great
- If someone very great by material calculations fails to take shelter of the Supreme Soul but instead becomes attached to material household life, his greatness is like that of a young, low-class couple
- In our practical life, we are attracted by the greatness of a person and not by the greatness of a big mountain
- In our present position we can simply understand the magnitude of greatness when it is compared to the sky. We fail to measure the sky, but the happiness and liberty obtained in association with the Lord are far greater than the sky
- Similarly when there is question of greatness, that is possible, that expansion. And because I cannot expand, frog philosophy, therefore Krsna cannot expand, that is nonsense. We are thinking always in terms of my position
- Sri Maitreya said: After describing the greatness of the Emperor's manifold qualities and activities, the sage became silent, and the Emperor, feeling modesty, addressed him as follows
- That you always remember me indicates the greatness of character for which you were celebrated even in your previous asrama before joining the matha. But I am so unfortunate that I am unable to render any service to you
- The Bhattacarya said, "By Your mercy I can now understand the truth about Ramananda Raya. In talking with him, You also will acknowledge his greatness"
- The cowherd boys said, "If we all at one time entered into the mouth of this great serpent, how could it possibly swallow all of us? And even if it were to swallow all of us at once, it could not swallow Krsna. Krsna will kill him, as He did Bakasura"
- The greatness of mother Ganges always brilliantly exists. She is the most fortunate because she emanated from the lotus feet of Sri Visnu, the Personality of Godhead
- The Lord admits herein that although He certainly has the quality that anyone who receives a slight particle of the dust of His lotus feet becomes at once a great personality, this greatness is due to His affection for His devotee
- The Lord is described as the soul, or spirit. What is the definition of spirit? Spirit is perceivable everywhere. Brahman means "great." His greatness is perceived everywhere. And what is that greatness? Consciousness
- The Lord is quite correct in His action when He desires something to be done by someone, irrespective of the consideration of the particular case. Maharaja Pariksit was thus put to test for his greatness
- The mercy bestowed upon the tried devotee by the Supreme Personality is described as brahma, which indicates that the greatness of that mercy can be compared only to the all-pervasive greatness of Brahman
- The smallness or greatness of different souls is described in the Varaha Purana as svamsa-vibhinnamsa. The svamsa soul is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and the vibhinnamsa souls, or small particles, are eternally small particles
- The standard instruction is there in the Bhagavad-gita. They do not care to know it. They want to know about the greatness of Bala Yogi, Sai Baba, this baba, that baba. That is their misfortune. They give up the real instruction, Bhagavad-gita
- The wife of Candrasekhara (Acaryaratna) also went. I cannot describe the greatness of Candrasekhara's love for the Lord
- This greatness can be extended to the unlimited, so that one actually wants to become one with the greatest of all, the Supreme Lord. This is also a material concept, although maybe a little more advanced
- To take birth in such a great family is understood to be an advantage for attaining devotional life. Vidura was given this chance due to his previous greatness
- When a person attains his desired object and feels very fortunate, the luster of his body increases. Because of his own qualities and feelings of greatness, he does not care for anyone else, and this is called garva, or pride
- When he (Arjuna) appeared as the son of Kunti, his future greatness was proclaimed by air messages
- When he (Yayati) explained to his subjects the greatness of Puru, they agreed to accept Puru as the King, and thus Emperor Yayati retired from family life and left home for the forest
- While returning to their homes, they (the brahmanas, kings, sages and demigods) talked of the dealings of Yudhisthira & even after continuous talk of his greatness they were not satiated, just as one may drink nectar over & over again & never be satisfied