Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Greatness"
The following 104 pages are in this category, out of 104 total.
- After talking with the gopis and bestowing upon them the greatest benediction, Lord Krsna welcomed King Yudhisthira and other relatives who had come to see Him
- All great sages of the world - like Lord Krishna, Lord Buddha, Lord Christ, Hazrat Mohammed, Acarya Sankara, Acarya Ramanuja, Lord Caitanya - all lived for enlightening men in this culture of human spirit
- All the symptoms of the Supreme Truth in full are present in the person of Lord Sri Krsna, and in the Bhagavad-gita the Lord emphatically declares that there is no truth greater than or equal to Himself
- Although there are many foolish Mayavadi philosophers who think that they are even greater than Krsna, Krsna is asamaurdhva: no one is equal to or above Him
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) are the greatest and most powerful of all. It is wonderful for You to protect us from so many dangers, but we are surprised that You are neglecting us at this moment"
- Arjuna is very enlightened and is glad that he has such a great friend as Krsna, but now he is thinking that although he may accept Krsna as the source of everything, others may not
- Arjuna prayed, "My dear Krsna, I thought of You as my cousin-brother, and so I have shown disrespect to You in so many ways, calling You Krsna, or friend. But You are so great that I could not understand"
- As Kamsa wielded his sword up and down, hither and thither, Lord Krsna, the supreme powerful Lord, caught hold of him with great force
- Asvatthama proved himself to be an unworthy son of Dronacarya or of a brahmana, and for this reason he was condemned by the greatest authority, Lord Sri Krsna, and yet a mild woman (Draupadi) could not withdraw her natural courtesy for a brahmana
- Because He is the omniscient Personality of Godhead, Krsna knew that the cowherd men were preparing for the Indra sacrifice, but as a matter of etiquette He began to inquire with great honor and submission from elder personalities like Maharaja Nanda
- Because Krsna embraced Putana's body with great pleasure and sucked her breast, although she was a great witch, she attained the position of a mother in the transcendental world and thus achieved the highest perfection
- Bhrgu Muni's kicking the chest of Lord Visnu with his foot was certainly a great offense, but Lord Visnu is so great that He did not care
- By crying out the word "Krsna," the boys at once transcended the fearful situation. Out of His great affection, Krsna did not want His friends to give up their pleasing lunch engagement and go searching for the calves
- He (Kalayavana) rebuked Him with the following words, "O Krsna! I heard that You are a great hero born in the dynasty of Yadu, but I see that You are running away from fighting, like a coward. It is not worthy of Your good name and family tradition"
- He (Krsna) appeared extremely powerful; His influence and vast power are so great that every human being should be afraid of Him
- He (Krsna) is an individual as are the other living beings. But the Supreme Lord, or the supreme living being, has the greatest intelligence, and He possesses supermost inconceivable energies of all different varieties
- He (Krsna) was decorated with Srivatsa, jewels and yellow garments. He was smiling with a beautiful face and playing in the river Yamuna with great strength
- He (Samba) was also known as Jambavati-suta for the same reason. As previously explained, all the sons of Krsna were as qualified as their great father
- He (Vyomasura) was immediately thrown to the ground with great force and killed, just as an animal is killed in the slaughterhouse. After killing the Vyoma demon, Lord Krsna released all His friends from the caves of the mountain
- He is worshiped as impersonal Brahman by saintly persons who understand His greatness through studying the Upanisads, as the Purusa by great philosophers who analytically study the universe, as the all-pervading Supersoul by great yogis
- His (Lord Krsna) personal weapon is the most powerful weapon, greater than the brahmastras or similar other disastrous weapons
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who is endowed with great power
- If Krsna chooses to deceive a person, no one can surpass Him in His deceit. His greatness is not simply one-sided-it is all-sided
- If simply we understand that "Krsna is the Supreme Person. He is great, and we are all subordinate. So our duty is to serve Krsna," these two lines, if we understand, then our life is perfect
- If you have approached Krsna, then even the greatest fear will not agitate you. That is a fact. So such a thing is Krsna. Try to achieve this greatest boon, Krsna
- In a fearful attitude, she (Rukmini) looked upon Krsna's face, expressing her gratefulness that He had taken such a great risk for her sake only
- In fact, so great was His (Krsna's) charity in Dvaraka that even the spiritual kingdom, with all of its opulence of cintamani (touchstone), desire trees and surabhi cows, was surpassed
- In this case, because Krsna could not find any fault with Rukmini, for she was very grave and always engaged in His service, He smilingly, in great love, began to speak to her just to provoke her loving anger
- It is understood that the Maha-Visnu is the source of all incarnations in the material world. But because of His greater extraordinary opulence, we can understand that the son of Nanda Maharaj is the source of the Maha-Visnu also
- Keeping the calves before them, they started for the forest in a great procession. In this way, Lord Krsna assembled thousands of His boyfriends. Equipped with a stick, flute, horn, as well as a lunch bag, each was taking care of thousands of calves
- Krishna is so powerful that He can become smaller than the smallest and greater than the greatest. He can keep millions of skies within His Belly and at the same time He can enter within the existence of the smallest atom
- Krsna challenged all His friends, "My dear friends, just see - I am jumping with great chivalrous prowess. Please do not flee away." Upon hearing these challenging words, another friend named Varuthapa counter-challenged the Lord & struggled against Him
- Krsna continued, "The wonderful explanation you have given of My every word is completely factual and approved by Me. O most beautiful Rukmini, you are My dearmost wife. I am greatly pleased to understand how much love you have for Me"
- Krsna exhibits His greatness by being personally satisfied even with one who is unqualified from so many angles of vision
- Krsna Himself is simply sac-cid-ananda-vigraha (BS 5.1), the eternal form of bliss and knowledge, and because of His inconceivable greatness, He is called the Supreme Brahman
- Krsna is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore He is the greatest of all. No one is equal to Him, nor is anyone greater than Him
- Krsna said, "If a devotee offers Me the most insignificant things a little flower, a little piece of leaf, a little water but saturates the offering in devotional love, then not only do I gladly accept such an offering, but I eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna said: "O Partha, the gopis know My greatness, My loving service, respect for Me, and My mentality. Others cannot really know these"
- Krsna's dhiroddhata qualities have been accepted as great because Krsna uses them only to protect His devotees. In other words, even undesirable traits may also be used in the exchange of devotional service
- Krsna's going to the school of Sandipani Muni was to show the people of the world that however great or ingenious one may be, he must go to higher authorities for general education
- Krsna's own form has only two hands, but in the form of Lord Narayana He has four hands. Lord Narayana holds a conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower, and He is full of great opulence. The sri, bhu and nila energies serve at His lotus feet
- Krsna, "My dear friend (Sudama), what have you brought for Me? Has your wife given you some nice eatable for Me?” While addressing His friend, Lord Krsna looked upon him and smiled with great love"
- My dear Krsna, O killer of Aghasura, You have extended Your loving affairs so much that You can be compared to the great ocean, which is without limitations
- My Lord, even the learned sages become disturbed in their intelligence when they see that Your Greatness engages in fruitive work although You are free from all desires, that You take birth although You are unborn, that You flee out of fear of the enemy
- My Lord, if one is favored by even a slight trace of the mercy of Your lotus feet, he can understand the greatness of Your personality
- My Lord, You are the supreme controller, the Personality of Godhead, the supreme great, maintaining the order of this cosmic manifestation. Yet in spite of Your being the supreme controller, You (Krsna) have so kindly appeared in my home
- Nanda continued, "If Krsna were not a great personality, how could He have killed Kamsa, who possessed the strength of ten thousand elephants? Besides Kamsa, there were the very strong wrestlers, as well as the giant elephant Kuvalayapida"
- Nothing comes out automatically. It is coming out of the energy of the Supreme Lord, but the energies are so subtle, nice and artistic that all of a sudden you see a nice flower. So He is the greatest artist
- O great one, as far as I am concerned, I have preferred only to engage in the loving service of Your lotus feet
- O mighty-armed one (Krsna), all the planets with their demigods are disturbed at seeing Your great form, with its many faces, eyes, arms, thighs, legs, and bellies and Your many terrible teeth; and as they are disturbed, so am I (Arjuna)
- One cannot understand Krsna perfectly. It is not possible. Even Krsna Himself cannot understand Himself, He is so great
- One resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "My dear Krsna, O pleasure of Vrndavana! Being afraid of this material existence, we have taken shelter of You, for You can completely protect us! We are well aware of Your greatness
- One should have complete faith in the words of Krsna, who says that He is the great well-wishing friend of everyone (suhrdam sarva-bhutanam). A devotee considers Krsna the only friend. This is called sakhyam. Pumsarpita visnau
- Only when one knows Lord Krsna's greatness can one firmly put one's unflinching faith in Him; otherwise, like the common man, even the great leaders of men will mistake Lord Krsna for one of the many demigods, or a historical personality, or a myth only
- Our Krishna is a great family Personality. Krishna is never a mendicant, and our ambition is to enter into Krishna's family and to associate with Him personally
- Out of these five basic subject matters in Bhagavad-gita it is established that the Supreme Godhead, or Krsna, or Brahman, or the supreme controller, or Paramatma - you may use whatever name you like - is the greatest of all
- Rukmini continued, "How can I be a fit match for You? There is no possibility of comparison with You, who are the master of all greatness, the controller of the three qualities and the object of worship for great demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva"
- Rukmini said that she did not think anyone was greater than Krsna, not even Lord Siva, who is known as Mahadeva, the greatest of all demigods
- Satya continued, "The Lord also sometimes descends to this earth in different incarnations to fulfill the desire of His devotees. He is so exalted and great that I do not know how to satisfy Him"
- Simply by trying, not perfectly. Even imperfectly. Because he is endeavoring to understand Krsna, that very activity will make him liberated. That very activity. It is not possible to understand Krsna. He is so great, unlimited
- Simply by understanding the greatness of Krsna, one can achieve the status of santa-rasa, in which the worshipable object may be the impersonal Brahman or Paramatma
- So that was the position of the Pandavas; although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the greatest among all greats, still He remained with those royal brothers, being attracted by their devotion, by their friendship and by their love
- Spontaneous attraction to Krsna under two headings, One is profound veneration for the greatness of the Lord, and the other may be one's automatically being attracted to Krsna without any extraneous consideration
- Sri Uddhava said: Thereafter Lord Krsna went to Mathura City with Sri Baladeva, and to please Their parents They dragged Kamsa, the leader of public enemies, down from his throne and killed him, pulling him along the ground with great strength
- Sri Yamunacarya further says in his prayer that the forgiving power of Lord Krsna is even greater than that of Lord Ramacandra, because Sisupala was always in the habit of insulting Krsna - not only in one lifetime, but continually throughout three lives
- Srila Rupa Gosvami states that although Lord Krsna is the reservoir of unlimited pleasure and the greatest leader of all, He is still dependent upon His devotees in three ways
- That greatness of Lord Krsna is being described here by Lord Caitanya to His disciple, Sanatana Gosvami. Advaya-jnana-tattva, vraje vrajendra-nandana. Advaya-jnana-tattva. Advaya-jnana-tattva means He is Absolute. He is not relative
- The activities of the Personality of Godhead, which are like those of a man in this mortal world, are bewildering to others, but I know of His greatness by His grace, and thus I am happy in all respects
- The author of Caitanya-caritamrta has warned the neophyte devotees to be seriously on guard against the pitfall of neglecting knowledge about Krsna in regard to how great He is
- The brahmana (Sudama) thought, "It is most pleasurable to see Lord Krsna, who is most devoted to the brahmanas. How great a lover He is of the brahminical culture! He is the Supreme Brahman Himself, yet He reciprocates with the brahmanas"
- The easiest process for understanding the subject matter of self is to accept the statements of the Bhagavad-gita spoken by the greatest authority, Lord Krsna, without being deviated by other theories
- The Eighth Chapter gives the reason for describing Lord Caitanya's pastimes. It also describes the greatness of Lord Krsna's holy name
- The famous wrestler Canura then began to talk with Krsna and Balarama. "My dear Krsna and Balarama," he said, "we have heard about Your past activities. You are great heroes, and therefore the King has called You"
- The friend continued: "Don't advertise Yourself (Krsna) to be a great fighter by such action. You have advertised Yourself as a serpent, and I am the peacock who will now defeat You." The peacock is the ablest enemy of the serpent
- The glories of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are so great that the impersonalistic followers of the Upanisads cannot reach the platform of knowledge to understand them
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Mother Yasoda first of all left without feeding Me sufficient milk, and therefore I broke the pot of yogurt and distributed the stock butter in charity to the monkeys"
- The great reservoir of pleasure, Lord Sri Krsna, thus thought to Himself, "Now she has bound Me up to a wooden mortar. So I shall do something more mischievous than before." And thus He thought of pulling down the two very tall arjuna trees"
- The King (Syamantaka) tried to hide himself in the forest, but Krsna would not become discouraged. Krsna finally got the jewel by seeking out the King with great steadfastness
- The Lord is being paid obeisances in all respects. He is of immeasurable greatness. No one can be greater than the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- The other gopi continued, "He (Krsna) has no business either with us, the girls in the Vrndavana forest, or with the city girls in Mathura. He is the great Supersoul; He has nothing to do with any of us, either here or there"
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna (Govinda), is the exclusive shelter for all great living beings, and His transcendental attributes cannot even be measured by such masters of mystic powers as Lord Siva and Lord Brahma
- The transcendental influence of Krsna is so great that it can defeat anyone
- The wonderful form of Krsna in His personal feature is so great that it attracts even Krsna to taste His own association. Indeed, Krsna becomes very eager to taste it
- The word "Brahman" indicates the greatest of all and the maintainer of everything. The impersonalists are attracted by the greatness of the sky, but because of their poor fund of knowledge they are not attracted by the greatness of Krsna
- There are so many isvaras, gods, that's all right. But the Supreme Lord is Krsna because nobody is found greater than Krsna
- Those who are conscious of Krsna only as a historical personality or who are envious of the greatness of Krsna should not be told this most confidential part of knowledge
- To be a good king is not necessarily the qualification for being Lord Rama, but to be a great personality like Krsna is the qualification for being the Personality of Godhead
- Uddhava describes Krsna's qualities, "Although He is just like an ocean of wisdom, still He sometimes consults me. He is so great and magnanimous, yet He is engaged in His different activities just like an ordinary person"
- Undoubtedly Sri Krsna is the greatest personality in those days and still now also. Still, in all, not only in India, in all parts of the world, Sri Krsna is accepted as the greatest leader of philosophical presentation of this Bhagavad-gita
- When Krsna was informed by Satyabhama of the murder of His father-in-law, He began to lament like an ordinary man. His great sorrow is, again, a strange thing
- When Krsna was speaking to Maharaj Yudhisthira about religious principles, He demonstrated Himself to be a great learned scholar
- When Krsna was swimming about just like a great strong elephant, He made a tumultuous sound, which the great black serpent Kaliya could hear. The tumult was intolerable for him, and he could understand that this was an attempt to attack his home
- When the supreme authority, Lord Krsna, was thus speaking with great gravity, all the sages and ascetics remained in dead silence. They were amazed upon hearing Him speak the absolute philosophy of life in such a concise way
- With folded hands, all the Brahmas and Sivas began to offer prayers unto Lord Krsna, saying, O Lord, You have shown me a great favor. I have been able to see Your lotus feet
- With great strength Lord Krsna began to pull the rope, which was tied to the mortar. As soon as He pulled, the two trees, with all their branches and limbs, fell down immediately with a great sound