"get up" | "gotten up" | "gets up" | "getting up" | "got up"
Pages in category "Get Up"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.
- After getting up from bed in the morning, those who desire their own welfare - the brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and in particular the brahmana Vaisnavas - should chant this narration as it is, without deviation, to counteract the troubles of bad dreams
- After some time, all the devotees got up and returned to their homes very much grief-stricken. Sanatana Gosvami proceeded toward Vrndavana alone
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said this and left, Jagadananda Pandita got up from his bed, bathed and began to cook varieties of vegetables
- Alas, just see how I was conquered by my wife! Just imagine my cruelty! Out of love and affection the boy was trying to get up on my lap, but I did not receive him, nor did I even pat him for a moment. Just imagine how hardhearted I am
- Amogha, get up and chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra! If you do so, Krsna will unfailingly bestow mercy upon you
- As a result, sometimes Caitanya Mahaprabhu would laugh, sometimes cry, sometimes dance and sometimes sing. Sometimes He would get up and run here and there, and sometimes fall on the ground and lose consciousness
- As soon as the Pracetas saw that the great sage Narada had appeared, they immediately got up even from their asanas. As required, they immediately offered obeisances and worshiped him
- As soon as the sages and ascetics arrived, all the kings, including Maharaja Yudhisthira and the other Pandavas and Lord Krsna and Balarama, immediately got up from their seats and offered respects by bowing down to the universally respected sages
- At night, you go to sleep. So that is a sort of death. And again you get up in the morning. So death is something like that
- At the auspicious arrival of Sri Narada, Sri Vyasadeva got up respectfully and worshiped him, giving him veneration equal to that given to Brahmaji, the creator
- At this age, whenever Krsna begins to vibrate His flute early in the morning, all of His friends immediately get up from bed just to join Him in going to the pasturing grounds
- Brahma also entered His heart with intelligence, but even then the Cosmic Being could not be prevailed upon to get up. Lord Rudra also entered His heart with the ego, but even then the Cosmic Being did not stir
- By her feminine behavior as she dressed herself, walked, got up, smiled, laughed, and glanced about, Queen Barhismati increased his (Maharaja Priyavrata's) energy. Thus although he was a great soul, he appeared lost in the feminine conduct of his wife
- Daksa got up as if he were awakened from deep sleep. In Sanskrit this is called supta ivottasthau. The meaning is that after a man awakens from sleep, he immediately remembers all the duties which he must execute
- Diti was completely purified because of worshiping the SPG. When she got up from bed, she saw her forty-nine sons along with Indra. These forty-nine sons were all as brilliant as fire and were in friendship with Indra, and therefore she was very pleased
- He (Krsna) had not actually been invited to visit the city, yet He went to see the Pandavas out of His affection for His great devotees. He visited the Pandavas without warning, and all of them got up from their respective seats as soon as they saw Him
- He greatly loved his wife Barhismati, and with the increase of days, their exchange of nuptial love also increased. By her feminine behavior as she dressed herself, walked, got up, smiled, laughed, and glanced about, Queen Barhismati increased his energy
- He told me again and again "Arise! Get up!" Upon rising, I was greatly astonished to see His beauty
- Hearing that sound (the crowing of the cocks), Krsna would get up from bed, but His rising early was not very much to the liking of His wives
- Hearing this, Ramacandra Puri got up and left. He also heard from various sources that all the devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were eating half as much as usual
- Hearing this, the Lord got up, chanting "Hari! Hari!" Following Him, all the other Vaisnavas also got up, chanting the vibration of the holy name
- How long shall you sleep on the lap of maya? Now you have the opportunity of possessing a human form of body; now try to get up and realize yourself
- I go at ten o'clock and get up by two
- In the temple, the rule is that you must get up before four and prepare yourself, and we have to ring the bells three hundred times, and still you are sleeping. Just see
- In this condition the ecstatic symptoms (i.e. standing of the hair on the body, rolling of the eyeballs and getting up from sleep) are persistently visible
- Instead of being angry or cursing Bhrgu Muni, Lord Visnu immediately got up from His bed along with His wife, the goddess of fortune, and offered respectful obeisances to the brahmana
- It is not that every man has to be made a brahmana after a year. Especially if one cannot even get up early and go to mangala arati he cannot become a brahmana. So consider it carefully before you recommend further men to me
- Jiv Jago, 1969 - Jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole. Jiv means the living entities. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is asking all living entities to "Wake up. Please wake up. Please get up." Jago. Jago means "Wake up"
- Just get up and take your bath and go see the face of Lord Jagannatha. Then return here to eat your lunch. In this way I shall be happy
- Kamsa got up from his bed very quickly and exclaimed, “Now the cruel death of my life is born"
- King Anga could not sleep at night. He became completely indifferent to household life. Once, therefore, in the dead of night, he got up from bed and left Vena's mother (his wife), who was sleeping deeply
- Krsna immediately got up, but the elephant, thinking that He was still lying down, tried to push an ivory tusk through the body of Krsna by forcibly stabbing it into the ground
- Krsna says, "O priest, please get up and open the door of the temple. I have kept one pot of sweet rice for the sannyasi Madhavendra Puri"
- Last night there was sugar candy here, he said. "Therefore ants are wandering about. Alas, this renounced sannyasi is attached to such sense gratification!" After speaking in this way, he got up and left
- Lord Brahma said: O son of Kasyapa Muni, please get up, please get up. All good fortune unto you. You are now perfect in the performance of your austerities, and therefore I may give you a benediction
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then put His hand on the chest of Gopala and told him, "My dear Gopala, get up and chant the holy name of the Lord!"
- O best of kings, please get up! Get up! Just see this world surrounded by water and infested with rogues and so-called kings. This world is very much afraid, and it is your duty to protect her
- O son of Kunti, either you will be killed on the battlefield and attain the heavenly planets, or you will conquer and enjoy the earthly kingdom. Therefore get up and fight with determination. BG 2.37 - 1972
- O son of Kunti, either you will be killed on the battlefield and attain the heavenly planets, or you will conquer and enjoy the earthly kingdom. Therefore, get up with determination and fight
- Once again all the devotees brought Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu back to consciousness by a concerted effort. Then the Lord got up and began wandering here and there, looking all around
- Once at night, while it was raining, a tiger entered the land of the cowshed. Upon seeing the tiger, all the cows, who were lying down, got up in fear and scattered here and there on the land
- Once the Lord desired to go early in the morning with all His cowherd boyfriends to the forest, where they were to assemble together and take lunch. As soon as He got up from bed, He blew His buffalo-horn bugle and called all His friends together
- One cannot argue, How is it that Dhruva Maharaja, who was prevented from getting up on the lap of his father, could press down the whole earth?" This argument is not very much appreciated by the learned, for it is an example of nagna-matrka logic
- One day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt the ecstasy of the boar incarnation and got up on the shoulders of Murari Gupta. Thus they both danced in Murari Gupta's courtyard
- Our process, the sankirtana movement, is to awaken that consciousness. That's all. Just like one man is sleeping. To awake him: "Get up! Get up!" So this is our process. It's not that artificially we are making somebody K.C. K.C. is there already
- Out of a loving desire to see the Lord, the royal ladies of the Kurus got up on top of the palace, and smiling with affection and shyness, they showered flowers upon the Lord
- Seeing the four Kumaras, Prthu Maharaja was greatly anxious to receive them. Therefore the King, with all his officers, very hastily got up, as anxiously as a conditioned soul whose senses are immediately attracted by the modes of material nature
- Since she (the stepmother of Dhruva Maharaja) had refused to allow him to get up on the lap of his father, how could Dhruva perform such wonderful activities as pressing down the whole earth
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His personal associates then went to see the ceremony of Pandu-vijaya. During this ceremony, Lord Jagannatha leaves His throne and gets up onto the car
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them all and bade them farewell. Then all the devotees got up and left, loudly chanting the holy name of Hari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya to take Gadadhara Pandita with him. The Bhattacarya told Gadadhara Pandita, "Get up! Such are the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please get up. You have chanted the holy name of Krsna; therefore the sinful reactions you have accrued for many millions of lives are now gone. You are now pure"
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura gives herein a good example. When a father finds his child deeply asleep but the child has to take some medicine to cure some disease, the father pinches the child so that the child will get up and take the medicine
- Svarupa Damodara said, "My dear Lord, please get up. Let us go to Your place. There I shall tell You everything that has happened"
- The devotees all replied, "One night at the end of a full year, Junior Haridasa got up and went away. No one knows where he has gone"
- The devotees arise in the morning, here in New Vindavan they are getting up by four o'clock. But in your country the people are not accostumed to this, and it will take a little time to get them used to it
- The fact that Bharata Maharaja had to get up at intervals to look for the deer was simply a sign that he had fallen down from the spiritual platform
- The god of death entered His anus with the organ of defecation, but the virat-purusa could not be spurred to activity. The god Indra entered the hands with their power of grasping and dropping things, but the virat-purusa would not get up even then
- The Katha Upanisad (1.3.14) says, uttisthata jagrata prapya varan nibodhata: "O living entity, you are sleeping in this material world. Please get up and take advantage of your human form of life." The sleeping condition means loss of all knowledge
- The Lord asks every sleeping living entity to get up and engage in devotional service so that his mission in this human form of life may be fulfilled. This awakening voice comes through the mouth of a pure devotee
- The predominating deities of the skin, herbs and seasoning plants entered the skin of the virat-purusa with the hair of the body, but the Cosmic Being refused to get up even then
- The procession of elephants, horses, chariots and infantry was very crowded; some of the girls, being unable to see properly in the crowd, got up on the roofs of the houses
- The queens got up at once from their seats and meditations. As was socially customary, they covered their faces shyly and looked about coyly
- The queens of Lord Sri Krsna rejoiced within their minds to see their husband home after a long period abroad. The queens got up at once from their seats and meditations. As was socially customary, they covered their faces shyly and looked about coyly
- The sun-god entered the eyes of the virat-purusa with the sense of sight, but still the virat-purusa did not get up. Similarly, the predominating deities of the directions entered through His ears with the sense of hearing, but still He did not get up
- The three animals that were half-killed were then brought to their consciousness by the sage Narada. Indeed, the animals got up and swiftly fled
- The transcendental form of the Lord, as it is, satisfies the mind's desire and at once erases all mental incongruities. Upon losing that form, I (Narada Muni) suddenly got up, being perturbed, as is usual when one loses that which is desirable
- The Vedas also declare, Get up! Get up! You have the opportunity, the boon of the human form of life - now realize yourself. These are the Vedic injunctions
- The Vedic voice, transcendental voice, says, "O humanity, O living entity, you are sleeping. Please get up." Uttistha. Uttistha means "Please get up"
- Then Haridasa Thakura got up to leave, and the Majumadaras, the masters of Gopala Cakravarti, immediately kicked him out and dismissed him from their service
- Therefore get up and prepare to fight. After conquering your enemies you will enjoy a flourishing kingdom. They are already put to death by My arrangement, and you, O Savyasacin, can be but an instrument in the fight. BG 11.33 - 1972
- They are accustomed to get up, two o'clock. Because they think "The more we sleep, we enjoy life." Therefore, they are sunyavadi. They want to become zero, sleeping always. Sunyavadi. "Make everything zero." That is called sunyavadi. No, that is not life
- This custom is still prevalent in India in some of the royal families and temples. Professional musicians sing with sahnais, and the sleeping members of the house gradually get up from their beds in a pleasing atmosphere
- Three days later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the door of his room and said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, please get up"
- To get up at four in the morning is definite, there is no compromise on that. Someone gets up and someone doesn’t, No! You have to get up at four in the morning every day that is called dhrta-vrata and dhirah-vrata
- Unfortunately, after being worshiped and seated in His place, Lord Balarama saw Romaharsana, the disciple of Vyasadeva (the literary incarnation of Godhead), still sitting on the vyasasana. He had neither gotten up from his seat nor offered Him respects
- Upon seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the two brothers were overwhelmed with joy, and out of humility they began to cry. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked them to get up and assured them of all good fortune
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in such an ecstatic mood, Sri Ranga Puri said, "Your Holiness, please get up"
- We must get up from this slumber (of maya's influence) and engage in the right service, for thus we can properly utilize the facility of this human form of life. As expressed in a song by Thakura Bhaktivinoda, Lord Caitanya says, jiva jaga, jiva jaga
- Well protected by armor and desiring to fight, Puranjaya took up a transcendental bow and very sharp arrows, and, while being highly praised by the demigods, he got up on the back of the bull (Indra) and sat on its hump
- Whatever You have, though it be a palmful of rice, please eat it and get up. Don't show Your madness and strew the remnants of food here and there
- When a father finds his child deeply asleep but the child has to take some medicine to cure some disease, the father pinches the child so that the child will get up and take the medicine
- When Arjuna was chastised by Krsna as a friend that "Why you are so weak? Don't be weak. This is sentiment. This kind of compassion is sentiment. Uttistha. You better get up and fight"
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in the house of Srivasa Thakura in His Caturbhuja murti, Murari Gupta became His carrier in the form of Garuda, and in these pastimes of ecstasy the Lord then got up on his back
- When Dhruva boarded the airplane, he took advantage of the arrival of death personified, who came to offer him obeisances; putting his feet on the head of death, he got up on the unique airplane, which is described to be as big as a house - grham
- When Dhruva Maharaja was attempting to get on the transcendental plane, he saw death personified approach him. Not caring for death, however, he took advantage of the opportunity to put his feet on the head of death, and thus he got up on the airplane
- When he heard this sound and felt the touch of the Lord, Gopala immediately got up, and all the Vaisnavas chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in jubilation
- When Krsna began to blow on His flute in the night, all of the gopis, the beautiful daughters of the cowherd men, immediately got up from their sleep. There is a very beautiful comparison made in this connection
- When Kubja saw that Lord Krsna had come to her house to fulfill His promised visit, she immediately got up from her chair to receive Him cordially. Accompanied by her many girlfriends, she began to talk with Him with great respect and honor
- When Kunti, the mother of Pandavas, saw her nephew Krsna, the SPG, she was overpowered by love & affection. She at once got up from her bedstead & appeared before Him with her daughter-in-law, Draupadi, & in maternal love & affection she embraced Him
- When Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell to the ground in ecstatic love, Lord Nityananda quickly took Him on His lap. Crying, Caitanya Mahaprabhu then got up again
- When Maharaja Bharata was actually worshiping the Lord or was engaged in some ritualistic ceremony, although his activities were unfinished, he would still, at intervals, get up and see where the deer was
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was thus unconscious, He happened to meet the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Consequently He got up and immediately made a tumultuous sound, very loudly declaring, "Now Krsna, the great personality, is present"
- When Svarupa Damodara Gosvami sang this special song, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately got up and began to dance in ecstatic love
- When the brahmanas got up from bed and saw the waterpot empty, they inquired who had done this work of drinking the water meant for begetting a child
- When the dead bodies of the demons came in touch with the nectar, their bodies became invincible to thunderbolts. Endowed with great strength, they got up like lightning penetrating clouds
- When the goddess Ambika saw the great saintly persons, she was very much ashamed because at that time she was naked. She immediately got up from the lap of her husband (Lord Siva) and tried to cover her breast
- When the ladies of the city of Dvaraka got up on the roofs of their palaces, they never thought that they had previously many times seen the beautiful body of the infallible Lord. This indicates that they had no satiation in desiring to see the Lord
- When you come again, awakening stage in the morning after getting up from the bed, I forget all the bodies I created in my dream. So which one is correct? This is correct? This body's correct, or that body's correct?
- While Sanjaya was thus speaking, Sri Narada, the powerful devotee of the Lord, appeared on the scene carrying his tumburu. Maharaja Yudhisthira and his brothers received him properly by getting up from their seats and offering obeisances
- Yes, if I ask my servant that "You ask me to get up at seven o'clock," that does not mean.... (laughter)
- You have got this human form of body. Now you get up and get out of these clutches of cycle of birth and death
- You must set nice example for the others by following very rigidly the regulative principles, such as chanting 16 rounds on the beads, reading the books, getting up to attend mangala aratrika, etc. In this way everyone shall be encouraged