Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Fortunate (5 C, 247 P)
- ► Krsna Gives Good Fortune (15 P)
- ► Misfortune (4 C, 42 P)
- ► Our Fortune (Disciples of SP) (18 P)
- ► Unfortunately (253 P)
- ► Wealth (15 C, 240 P)
Pages in category "Fortune"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- A devotee should always be happy to receive the fortune awarded him by the Supreme Lord, which seems pleasant or unpleasant according to one's judgment
- A vegetarian restaurant will be very profitable business, and I wish that you may earn your fortune and help my mission at one stroke
- Advaita Acarya disclosed the whole situation, telling Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Wherever You are, that is Vrndavana. Now it is My great fortune that You have come to the bank of the Ganges"
- After thinking this, the maha-patra immediately informed the Muslim secretary, "It is a great fortune for your governor. Let him come visit Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Akrura thought, "That Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna) has now come just like an ordinary human being, and it is my great fortune to be able to see Him face to face"
- All of them then said, 'It is my great fortune, Lord, that You have called me, thinking of me as Your servant. Now let me know what Your order is so that I may carry it on my heads'
- Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience
- Anyone who understands the philosophy is benefited. It does not mean that a Krishna Conscious person has to leave a legacy as far as possible, but at the end it depends on a particular person's fortune to accept it or reject it
- As soon as your body is manufactured, your standard of comfort and discomfort is also manufactured. In Bengal there is a proverb that yetha deoya bhange, kapala yabe sange: "Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you"
- Attracted by the beauty and fortune of Rukmini, the daughter of King Bhismaka, many great princes and kings assembled to marry her
- Behold the great fortune of the devotee Kholaveca. Lord Brahma and Siva shed tears upon seeing his greatness. One cannot attain Lord Krsna by any amount of wealth, followers, or learning. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is controlled only by pure devotion
- Both the father and the mother of Gopala Bhatta Gosvami were extremely fortunate, for they dedicated their entire lives to the service of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Brahma said, "If I am not so fortunate to take birth within the forest of Vrndavana, I beg to be allowed to take birth outside the immediate area of Vrndavana so that when the devotees go out they will walk over me. That would be a great fortune for me"
- Caitanya continued, "Actually, My love for Krsna is far, far away. Whatever I do is actually an exhibition of pseudo love of Godhead. When you see Me cry, I am simply falsely demonstrating My great fortune. Please try to understand this beyond a doubt"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, recently advented in the Age of Kali to propagate this message. By the great fortune of all Bengalis, He appeared in Bengal and blessed the Bengali race. Thus Bengalis can preach His mission and instructions to the entire human race
- Conditional material existence is based on sense gratification, and if someone has the good fortune to get a good wife, he is helped by the wife in all respects
- Haridasa Thakura was not only the topmost devotee of the Lord but also a great and learned scholar. It was his great fortune that he passed away before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (Lord Visnu) addressed Bhrgu Muni as follows: "My dear brahmana, it is My greatest fortune that you have come here. Please, therefore, sit down on this cushion for a few minutes"
- He (the living entity) becomes devoid of truthfulness, cleanliness, mercy, gravity, spiritual intelligence, shyness, austerity, fame, forgiveness, control of the mind, control of the senses, fortune and all such opportunities
- He said. "You are a fool, you have brought ill fortune upon yourself, for you have no knowledge of the existence of the two Lords, Jagannathadeva and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, nor have you faith in Them"
- I see Srimad-Bhagavatam so exalted knowledge and so beautifully literary presented. Srimat. Srimat means beautiful. Throughout the whole world, you won't find any literature. This is India's fortune, and they are keeping it packed up
- If somebody thinks "I have got some money. I am very fortunate." It is, actually it is not fortune. Real fortunate is he who is advanced in Krsna consciousness. He is fortunate. Otherwise, all are unfortunate
- If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did
- It appears that Rukmini was a very popular princess, and all the citizens, out of intense love for her, prayed for her best fortune
- It is a fact that the American people are the most fortunate in the world, and that this Krsna consciousness movement is the final touch of fortune
- It is a great fortune for me to offer You food. You are the Supreme Lord, and being in the transcendental position, You are not restricted in any way
- It is a greater fortune to carry out Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s order than to satisfy one’s senses by seeing Lord Jagannatha
- Maharaja Prthu did not ask the Kumaras about their good fortune, for the Kumaras are always auspicious by dint of their life in celibacy. Since they are always engaged on the path of liberation, there was no question of ill fortune
- Maitreya was inspired by the thought of Vidura's wonderful fortune. The hairs of his body stood on end, and he was pleased to narrate the topics of the Personality of Godhead with great delight
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- My dear Bhattacarya, your fortune is very great. How much shall I praise you? I also am very fortunate to be able to take the remnants of this food
- My dear Lord, there is no limit to my great fortune. It cannot be described. Today my family, birth and riches have all been glorified
- My dear Lord, You are engaged in Your pastimes, and You utilize all the women in the universe according to Your desire. You are so kind to Me. Please divert Your attention to Me, for by fortune You have appeared before Me
- My dear sirs, there is no need to ask about your good and bad fortune because you are always absorbed in spiritual bliss. The mental concoction of the auspicious and inauspicious does not exist in you
- Narada said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance, therefore, is not forced by any other agency. By Your sweet will only, You agree to appear and disappear. It is my great fortune that I have been able to see Your lotus feet today"
- No one can properly describe the fortune of the wives of Lord Krsna. They took care of Him personally by rendering various transcendental services like bathing Him, feeding Him, pleasing Him and serving Him
- She (Radharani) has a stringed instrument known as a kacchapi-vina, which is the fame and fortune that actually dries up the faces and breasts of the other gopis
- Sometimes Sridama used to address Krsna, "Oh, You are so cruel that You left us alone on the bank of Yamuna, and we were all mad from not seeing You there! Now it is our great fortune that we are able to see You here"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda Prabhu are extremely merciful and liberal. It was Raghunatha dasa's good fortune that They accepted all these dealings
- The boy began to cry and dance, and he chanted, "Krsna! Krsna!" Upon seeing his bodily symptoms and his chanting and dancing, all the devotees praised him for his great spiritual fortune
- The gopis became proud of their great fortune. To subdue their sense of superiority and show them special favor, Kesava, the subduer of even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, disappeared from the rasa dance
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness is giving such a chance to humanity at large. If by fortune one takes advantage of this opportunity to engage in devotional service, the path of liberation immediately opens
- The Lord said again and again, "Only by great fortune may one come by a particle of the remnants of food offered to the Lord." The servants of the Jagannatha temple inquired, "What is the meaning of this"
- The same Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is easily available to the vision of the residents of Vrndavana. This means there is no comparison to these devotees' great fortune
- The seven opulences listed - fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience - are considered feminine
- The tilaka of fortune is on the forehead of Srimati Radharani, and She also has a locket of prema-vaicittya
- There are markings on the Chest and Feet of the Personality of Godhead. That is the distinction between Him and ordinary living entities. Just like in our palms there are certain marks for a particular person indicating his fame and fortune
- These two young men, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, are by fortune the sons of the great demigod Kuvera, but because of false prestige and madness after drinking liquor, they are so fallen that they are naked but cannot understand that they are
- This attraction for KC in association with pure devotees is the sign of great fortune. It is confirmed by Lord Caitanya that only the fortunate persons, by the mercy of both a bona fide spiritual master & Krsna, will get the seed of devotional service
- This is His special mercy upon me and I always think about this with gratitude to this exalted personality coming directly from Vaikuntha World and we had the great fortune to meet Him
- Thus I have explained the meaning intended by mother Sarasvati, the goddess of learning. It is your great fortune that you have described Lord Jagannatha and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in that way
- To his great fortune, on that day Uddhava's reputation as a crazy fellow was firmly established
- To live in Vrindaban is the highest perfection and to grow up in Vrindaban the greatest fortune
- We have support from very high circle. Scholar, priest, even father, mother, parent. Many old gentlemen come to congratulate me, "Swamiji, it is our great fortune that you have come to this country"
- When Krsna and Balarama had been going from Vrndavana to Mathura, the inhabitants of Vrndavana had imagined the great fortune of the citizens of Mathura in being able to see the wonderful beauty of Krsna
- When the King informed Kasi Misra of the glories of the Lord, Kasi Misra replied, "O King, your fortune has no limit"
- When the Lord asked about all the Vaisnavas at Mathura, Sanatana Gosvami informed Him of their good health and fortune
- When the mode of passion, which causes attachment, separatism and activity, conquers ignorance and goodness, a man begins to work hard to acquire prestige and fortune
- Where there is no quarrel between husband and wife, all fortune will come there automatically
- Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you
- Who can estimate the limit of Jagadananda Pandita's fortune? He himself is the example of his own great fortune
- Who can estimate the transcendental fortune of the residents of Vrndavana? They were personally seeing the S. P. of Godhead face to face, He whom many yogis cannot find even after undergoing severe austerities, although He is sitting within their hearts
- Whoever is expert in illegally amassing huge fortunes becomes the top dog