Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Our Fortune (Disciples of SP) (20 P)
- ► Unfortunately (312 P)
- ► Wealth (137 C, 338 P)
Pages in category "Fortune"
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.
- A vegetarian restaurant will be very profitable business, and I wish that you may earn your fortune and help my mission at one stroke
- Advaita Acarya disclosed the whole situation, telling Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Wherever You are, that is Vrndavana. Now it is My great fortune that You have come to the bank of the Ganges"
- After thinking this, the maha-patra immediately informed the Muslim secretary, "It is a great fortune for your governor. Let him come visit Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Akrura thought, "That Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna) has now come just like an ordinary human being, and it is my great fortune to be able to see Him face to face"
- All of them then said, 'It is my great fortune, Lord, that You have called me, thinking of me as Your servant. Now let me know what Your order is so that I may carry it on my heads'
- All the Pracetas began to address the great sage Narada: O great sage, O brahmana, we hope you met with no disturbances while coming here. It is due to our great fortune that we are now able to see you
- Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience
- As soon as your body is manufactured, your standard of comfort and discomfort is also manufactured. In Bengal there is a proverb that yetha deoya bhange, kapala yabe sange: "Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you"
- Attracted by the beauty and fortune of Rukmini, the daughter of King Bhismaka, many great princes and kings assembled to marry her
- Behold the great fortune of the devotee Kholaveca. Lord Brahma and Siva shed tears upon seeing his greatness. One cannot attain Lord Krsna by any amount of wealth, followers, or learning. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is controlled only by pure devotion
- Both the father and the mother of Gopala Bhatta Gosvami were extremely fortunate, for they dedicated their entire lives to the service of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- But for King Vena, who is simply inauspicious, who would blaspheme the Supreme Personality of Godhead, by whose mercy one is awarded all kinds of fortune and opulence?
- By great fortune, Hiranyakasipu's son Prahlada Maharaja has now been released from death, for although he is a child, he is an exalted devotee. Now he is fully under the protection of Your lotus feet
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, recently advented in the Age of Kali to propagate this message. By the great fortune of all Bengalis, He appeared in Bengal and blessed the Bengali race. Thus Bengalis can preach His mission and instructions to the entire human race
- Conditional material existence is based on sense gratification, and if someone has the good fortune to get a good wife, he is helped by the wife in all respects
- Haridasa Thakura was not only the topmost devotee of the Lord but also a great and learned scholar. It was his great fortune that he passed away before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (King Uttanapada) could understand the great fortune of his wife Suniti and the great misfortune of Queen Suruci, for these facts were certainly very open in the palace
- He (Krsna) is the Lord of the three principal potencies, namely cit-sakti, maya-sakti and tatastha-sakti, and He is the complete master of six kinds of fortune - wealth, strength, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation
- He (Lord Visnu) addressed Bhrgu Muni as follows: "My dear brahmana, it is My greatest fortune that you have come here. Please, therefore, sit down on this cushion for a few minutes"
- He (the living entity) becomes devoid of truthfulness, cleanliness, mercy, gravity, spiritual intelligence, shyness, austerity, fame, forgiveness, control of the mind, control of the senses, fortune and all such opportunities
- He said. "You are a fool, you have brought ill fortune upon yourself, for you have no knowledge of the existence of the two Lords, Jagannathadeva and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, nor have you faith in Them"
- Hearing from Narada's mouth the glories of the Lord, which vanquish all the ill fortune of the world, the Pracetas also became attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Meditating on His lotus feet, they advanced to the ultimate destination
- Hearing is essential in order to keep oneself strictly on guard against such pitfalls of sins. And in order to give special stress to the hearing process, the Gosvami invokes all auspicious fortune in this matter
- I (Dharma) think that the powerful influence of time, which conquers the most powerful, might have forcibly taken away all your fortune, which was adored even by the demigods
- I see Srimad-Bhagavatam so exalted knowledge and so beautifully literary presented. Srimat. Srimat means beautiful. Throughout the whole world, you won't find any literature. This is India's fortune, and they are keeping it packed up
- I shall thus be relieved of my obligations to the reactions of my karma, and my fortune will be to receive the dust from the lotus feet of great devotees like Narada Muni
- I was endowed with specific powers to supersede the fortune of all the three planetary systems by being decorated with the impressions of the flag, thunderbolt, elephant-driving rod and lotus flower, which are signs of the lotus feet of the Lord
- If somebody thinks "I have got some money. I am very fortunate." It is, actually it is not fortune. Real fortunate is he who is advanced in Krsna consciousness. He is fortunate. Otherwise, all are unfortunate
- If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did
- It appears that Rukmini was a very popular princess, and all the citizens, out of intense love for her, prayed for her best fortune
- It is a great fortune for me to offer You food. You are the Supreme Lord, and being in the transcendental position, You are not restricted in any way
- It is a greater fortune to carry out Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s order than to satisfy one’s senses by seeing Lord Jagannatha
- Krsna is the Lord of all kinds of threes & is independently supreme by achievement of all kinds of fortune. He is worshiped by the eternal maintainers of the creation, who offer Him the paraphernalia of worship by touching their helmets to His feet
- Krsna said, "My dear Uddhava, only by exceptional fortune does someone become attracted to Me. Even if one is not completely detached from fruitive activities, or is not completely attached to devotional service, such service is quickly effective"
- Liberty, happiness and all good fortune can be attained only by surrendering unto the Lord because He is full liberty, full happiness and full auspiciousness
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu also recommends this in the Caitanya-caritamrta. If one wants to make advancement in spiritual life, by great fortune he may meet a bona fide spiritual master and from him learn about Krsna
- Lord Krsna, who is known as Kesava, could immediately understand their (the gopis) pride caused by their great fortune of enjoying Him personally
- Maharaja Prthu did not ask the Kumaras about their good fortune, for the Kumaras are always auspicious by dint of their life in celibacy. Since they are always engaged on the path of liberation, there was no question of ill fortune
- Maitreya was inspired by the thought of Vidura's wonderful fortune. The hairs of his body stood on end, and he was pleased to narrate the topics of the Personality of Godhead with great delight
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- My dear Bhattacarya, your fortune is very great. How much shall I praise you? I also am very fortunate to be able to take the remnants of this food
- My dear Lord, there is no limit to my (Kurma brahmana's) great fortune. It cannot be described. Today my family, birth and riches have all been glorified
- My dear Lord, You are engaged in Your pastimes, and You utilize all the women in the universe according to Your desire. You are so kind to Me. Please divert Your attention to Me, for by fortune You have appeared before Me
- My dear sirs, there is no need to ask about your good and bad fortune because you are always absorbed in spiritual bliss. The mental concoction of the auspicious and inauspicious does not exist in you
- My dear Vidura, King Prthu lived in the tract of land between the two great rivers Ganges and Yamuna. Because he was very opulent, it appeared that he was enjoying his destined fortune in order to diminish the results of his past pious activities
- Narada said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance, therefore, is not forced by any other agency. By Your sweet will only, You agree to appear and disappear. It is my great fortune that I have been able to see Your lotus feet today"
- No one can properly describe the fortune of the wives of Lord Krsna. They took care of Him personally by rendering various transcendental services like bathing Him, feeding Him, pleasing Him and serving Him
- O greatly fortunate one, you came under the influence of lusty desires, and therefore you could not understand the influence of mother Sita. Now, because of her curse, you have been reduced to this state, having been killed by Lord Ramacandra
- O killer of the enemy, you have somehow or other come here. This is certainly great fortune for me. I wish all auspicious things for you. You have a great desire to satisfy your senses
- One devotee said, "To whom shall I leave all of my wealth and fortune? I am becoming older and older. What shall I do"
- She (Radharani) has a stringed instrument known as a kacchapi-vina, which is the fame and fortune that actually dries up the faces and breasts of the other gopis
- Sometimes Sridama used to address Krsna, "Oh, You are so cruel that You left us alone on the bank of Yamuna, and we were all mad from not seeing You there! Now it is our great fortune that we are able to see You here"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda Prabhu are extremely merciful and liberal. It was Raghunatha dasa's good fortune that They accepted all these dealings
- Such a civilization (that blasphemes God) invites all kinds of bad fortune due to not appreciating the mercy of the Lord
- The boy began to cry and dance, and he chanted, "Krsna! Krsna!" Upon seeing his bodily symptoms and his chanting and dancing, all the devotees praised him for his great spiritual fortune
- The fortunes of the Yadu dynasty and that of the inhabitants of the land of Mathura cannot be materially estimated
- The fruitive worker aspires after a big fortune in the matter of wealth, woman and worldly adoration, but those who are fixed in perfect reality are not at all interested in such false things. For them it is all a waste of time
- The gopis became proud of their great fortune. To subdue their sense of superiority and show them special favor, Kesava, the subduer of even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, disappeared from the rasa dance
- The living entity can vividly feel his existence as the seer but because of the disappearance of the ego during the state of deep sleep he falsely takes himself to be lost like a man who has lost his fortune & feels distressed thinking himself to be lost
- The residents of the palace praised the Queen: Dear Queen, your beloved son was lost a long time ago, and it is your great fortune that he now has come back. It appears, therefore, that your son will be able to protect you for a very long time
- The same Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is easily available to the vision of the residents of Vrndavana. This means there is no comparison to these devotees' great fortune
- The seven opulences listed - fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience - are considered feminine
- The tilaka of fortune is on the forehead of Srimati Radharani, and She also has a locket of prema-vaicittya
- There are markings on the Chest and Feet of the Personality of Godhead. That is the distinction between Him and ordinary living entities. Just like in our palms there are certain marks for a particular person indicating his fame and fortune
- These two young men, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, are by fortune the sons of the great demigod Kuvera, but because of false prestige and madness after drinking liquor, they are so fallen that they are naked but cannot understand that they are
- This attraction for KC in association with pure devotees is the sign of great fortune. It is confirmed by Lord Caitanya that only the fortunate persons, by the mercy of both a bona fide spiritual master & Krsna, will get the seed of devotional service
- This is His special mercy upon me and I always think about this with gratitude to this exalted personality coming directly from Vaikuntha World and we had the great fortune to meet Him
- Thus I have explained the meaning intended by mother Sarasvati, the goddess of learning. It is your great fortune that you have described Lord Jagannatha and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in that way
- To his great fortune, on that day Uddhava's reputation as a crazy fellow was firmly established
- To live in Vrindaban is the highest perfection and to grow up in Vrindaban the greatest fortune
- We have support from very high circle. Scholar, priest, even father, mother, parent. Many old gentlemen come to congratulate me, "Swamiji, it is our great fortune that you have come to this country"
- When a man is nonenvious and does not desire ill fortune for anyone, he is equipoised. For such a person, all directions appear happy
- When the King informed Kasi Misra of the glories of the Lord, Kasi Misra replied, "O King, your fortune has no limit"
- When the material world is created for such misguided living entities, they create their own karma, fruitive activities, and take advantage of the time element, and thereby they create their own fortune or misfortune
- When the mode of passion, which causes attachment, separatism and activity, conquers ignorance and goodness, a man begins to work hard to acquire prestige and fortune
- When those who are not up to that standard (of pure devotees) meet the Lord, it is due to the unforeseen fortune of accidental devotional service
- Where there is no quarrel between husband and wife, all fortune will come there automatically
- Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you
- Who can estimate the limit of Jagadananda Pandita's fortune? He himself is the example of his own great fortune
- Who can estimate the transcendental fortune of the residents of Vrndavana? They were personally seeing the S. P. of Godhead face to face, He whom many yogis cannot find even after undergoing severe austerities, although He is sitting within their hearts
- Whoever is expert in illegally amassing huge fortunes becomes the top dog
- You are devoid of all auspicious qualities because you are thus maintaining a nondevotee of Krsna. Relieve yourself of this ill fortune as soon as possible and do good to the whole family
- You offer such nectarean rice to Krsna. Who can estimate the limit of your fortune
- Yudhisthira said, "My dear Lord, where is the possibility of ill fortune for one who is constantly engaged in hearing Your glorious activities"