Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
formal | formalities | formality | formality's | formally
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Formality"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A devotee should see to the right discharge of devotional service under the guidance of a bona fide spiritual master and should not stick only to the formalities
- After performing the formalities to protect the child, mother Yasoda took Krsna and let Him suck her breast. When the child was protected by visnu-mantra, mother Yasoda felt that He was safe
- All the samskaras, purificatory processes, are not mere formalities or social functions only, but they are all for practical purposes and can be successfully performed by expert brahmanas like Dhaumya and Krpa
- Although in every department the presence of the proprietor is felt by the worker, the physical presence of the proprietor in every department is a formality only
- Although you are not formally initiated, you have associated with our devotees in the New York temple, and it has acted. The seed is already there in you and it has to be helped to grow and fructify
- An intimate relationship sometimes makes a person overstep formal etiquette. Thus Paramesvara actually pleased the Lord in His heart by his simple and affectionate behavior
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu does not follow the formality, only the sannyasis should be the spiritual master. Anyone who knows the science of Krsna, he can be spiritual master
- Caste priest, caste gosvami, caste spiritual master - simply a formality. But the objective is not Krsna. Objective is material happiness. That sort of religiosity or following the regulative principle will not help
- Haridasa said, "My dear Lord, what You have spoken deals with external formalities. I do not accept it"
- Hindu, Muslim, or whatever you may be, everyone accepts there is God. So we are teaching not to formally accept there is God, but know what is God and love Him. So those who are interested for higher knowledge of God, they'll take it
- I (Narada) began chanting the holy name and fame of the Lord by repeated recitation, ignoring all the formalities of the material world
- I have no objection if Aravinda stays in my room for a few days more before returning to USA. Of course, it is not proper formal etiquette, but if he is insisting, what can be done?
- I think George does not require to become my formal disciple because he is already more than my disciple. He has sympathy for my movement and I have all blessings for him
- If he is prepared to discuss seriously how religion is becoming degraded all over the world, then it is worthwhile. Religion is now being taken as a formality
- If one simply sticks to the religious formulas and formalities but does not become elevated to the position of love of God, he is considered to be a chained animal
- In Bhagavad-gita Arjuna accepted Lord Krsna as his spiritual master, although there was no necessity of such a formal declaration
- Initiation is formality
- It is no use to approach such professional spiritual masters as a matter of formality or custom. Attainment of spiritual perfection can never be possible without undergoing spiritual discipline
- It will be a formal education and they will get degree. It will be open for everyone, including those who have already entered our temples, they may also participate. But, the subject matter should not be different from what is in the temples
- Lord Sri Krsna, Lord Sri Rama and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all incarnations of Godhead, accepted formal spiritual masters, although by Their transcendental nature They were cognizant of all knowledge
- Lower animals have knowledge only of their hunger and thirst. They have no acquired knowledge, no vision. Their behavior exhibits no dependence on formalities
- On the day for extracting the soma juice, King Yudhisthira very respectfully received the special priest who had been engaged to detect any mistake in the formalities of the sacrificial procedure
- One should not be like the karmis, who perform pious activities and then formally offer the results to Krsna. That is karma-kanda. One should not aspire for the results of his pious activities, but should dedicate oneself fully and then act piously
- One should, however, take the vow to stop social intercourse completely and devote life exclusively to the service of the Lord. The change of dress is only a formality
- Our main business is preaching. Either do it as a grhastha or as sannyasi, it does not matter. This is only formality. The real work is preaching
- Regarding the land, if it cannot be transferred then you should give the use of the land to ISKCON with a formal lease for 99 years with an option to renew
- Religion is now being taken as a formality. People generally have no real conception of God. Ours is a tangible connection with God. We know who is God and how to serve Him. Everything is fact
- Simply I love you and you love me, formality, but there is no service, that is not real love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I feel shameful to disclose the activities of My heart. Nonetheless, I shall be done with all formalities and speak from the heart. Please hear"
- Sri Rupa Gosvami advises, therefore, that devotees who have already tasted the nectar of devotion should be very careful to protect devotional service from such dry speculators, formal ritualistic elevationists and impersonal salvationists
- Such nondevotees are compared to chained animals, for they are not able to go beyond the jurisdiction of the formalities of a certain type of faith. In the Bhagavad-gita they are condemned as veda-vada-rata
- Svakiya is the relationship with Krsna as a formally married husband, and parakiya is the relationship with Krsna as a paramour
- Taking of sannyasa order is in one sense only a formality. I was preaching and writing for eight or nine years as Vanaprastha and then in 1959 I took sannyasa. So if after a few years as Vanaprastha your behavior is ideal sannyasa can be considered
- That system of religion which teaches development of God Consciousness is first class. We have to estimate by the result, and not by the formalities. So this movement, KC, very quickly develops this God Consciousness, and it is very easy to adopt it
- The essence of fraternal love is intimacy devoid of the formality and veneration found in dasya-rasa
- The King, not received by any formal welcome by means of being offered a seat, place, water and sweet addresses, considered himself neglected, and so thinking he became angry
- The Krsna consciousness movement issues a supreme call to all kinds of religionists, asking them with great authority to join this movement, by which one can learn how to love God and thus surpass all formulas and formalities of scriptural injunction
- The mellow of parenthood puts the devotee in the position of a maintainer. Indeed, without formality the devotee takes the position of maintainer and regards the Lord as the object of maintenance
- The sannyasa order is to be accepted from another sannyasi. Although the Lord (Caitanya) was independent in all respects, still, to keep up the formalities of the sastras, He accepted the sannyasa order from Kesava Bharati
- The social and the scriptural rules and regulations were followed. So when a child is born the astrologer is called. Still that system is followed. But due to this Kali-yuga the astrologer has also become a false, and this has become a formality
- The words of Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu are firm and convincing, and I accept them as true. In this Age of Kali, one cannot be delivered from the material clutches simply by formally accepting the renounced order
- The words “Bhaktivedanta Book Trust” have been omitted. Formally they were there on all the books. It is understood from Ramesvara that you removed these words. Why did you do this?
- There should be a formal contract signed by both parties at each marriage, voting that there will be no separation and that man and wife will work cooperatively in Krishna Consciousness
- There will be no difference between our temples and the Institute, but the Institute will be official for the general mass. It will be a formal education and they will get degree
- Therefore the conclusion is that the formal separation between Spiritual Sky and ISKCON should be concluded immediately. You are requested to make Spiritual Sky a separate entity and apart from ISKCON at the earliest possible
- They all exchanged words of reception by asking one another about their welfare, and when such formalities were finished, Balarama, in a great voice and very patiently, submitted before them (the Kurus) the following words for their consideration
- They did not even observe common formalities of civilized society, and in the presence of Lord Balarama they uttered insulting words about the Yadu dynasty. Having spoken in this unmannerly way, they returned to their city of Hastinapura
- This is now formal accepting of sannyasa, but real sannyasa purpose will be fulfilled when you'll be able to induce the people of the world dancing like you. That is real sannyasa. This formal dress is not sannyasa
- This is to formally introduce Mr. Surrendra Kumar, a good friend of our Society. He will be traveling in the west and I request you to give him a respectful reception
- Those who are in the modes of ignorance and passion are averse to the existence of God, or else they formally accept the existence of God in the capacity of an order supplier
- You have accepted the importance of the spiritual master for making advancement in spiritual life. Now that you have been formally initiated, you are linked up with all the great Vaishnava acharyas
- You have asked me what are the formalities that you have to observe for recruiting Krishna devotees in India, and the first principle is that you have to become a pure devotee of the Lord. Then you can attempt to convert others to become devotees
- You should know that the value of accepting a bona fide spiritual master is more than we can calculate. It is not a mere formality