Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dynastic | dynasties | dynasty | dynasty's
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Dynasty"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total.
- A certain brahmana (Canakya) will betray the trust of King Nanda and his eight sons and will destroy their dynasty. In their absence the Mauryas will rule the world as the age of Kali continues
- Advaita Acarya jokingly said, "My dear Nityananda, I invited You, and indeed I have received the results. You have no fixed caste or dynasty. By nature You are a madman"
- After creating this situation by His yogamaya, Krsna, appearing with His elder brother, Balarama, as the most illustrious son in the dynasty of the Satvatas, very submissively and respectfully addressed Vasudeva and Devaki
- After giving up the body of a deer, Bharata Maharaja took birth in a very pure brahmana family. There was a brahmana who belonged to the dynasty of Angira. He was fully qualified with brahminical qualifications
- After the dynasty of the moon-god comes to an end in this age of Kali, Devapi, in the beginning of the next Satya-yuga, will reestablish the Soma dynasty in this world
- All the kings in both the soma-vamsa and surya-vamsa were great and powerful, and Maharaja Pariksit praised them very highly. Nonetheless, he wanted to hear more about the soma-vamsa because that was the dynasty in which Krsna had appeared
- All these kings in the dynasty of Iksvaku have passed away. Now please listen as I describe the kings who will be born in the future. From Brhadbala will come Brhadrana
- Although Lord Balarama knew very well that by slight provocation people are prepared to fight with one another in the Age of Kali, He did not like the idea that the two great dynasties, the Kuru dynasty and the Yadu dynasty, would fight amongst themselves
- Although Sunahsepha was born in the Bhargava dynasty, he was greatly advanced in spiritual life, and therefore the demigods involved in the sacrifice protected him. Consequently he was also celebrated as the descendant of Gadhi named Devarata
- Although their offense was not very severe, he killed them to lessen the burden of the world
- Although these sons of Duritaksaya took birth in a dynasty of ksatriyas, they too attained the position of brahmanas. Brhatksatra had a son named Hasti, who established the city of Hastinapura (now New Delhi)
- Ambarisa's son was Yauvanasva, and Yauvanasva's son was Harita. In Mandhata's dynasty, Ambarisa, Harita and Yauvanasva were very prominent
- As King Kartaviryarjuna entered his capital, Mahismati Puri, he saw Lord Parasurama, the best of the Bhrgu dynasty, coming after him, holding a chopper, shield, bow and arrows
- As the incarnation of Manu, the Lord became the descendant of the Manu dynasty and ruled over the miscreant kingly order, subduing them by His powerful wheel weapon
- Because the gotra and dynasty are one, there is no difference between the disciples and the family born of the semen
- Before this marriage of Satya with Krsna, there had been many competitive engagements with the bulls of King Nagnajit, and many other princes of the Yadu dynasty and of other dynasties as well had tried to win the hand of Satya
- Being harassed by Kamsa, the kings of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties began to take shelter in different states, such as the state of the Kurus, the state of the Pancalas and the states known as Kekaya, Salva, Vidarbha, Nisadha, Videha and Kosala
- Being puffed up due to their position, the royal dynasties generally offend the brahmanas and self-realized persons
- Bharmyasva prayed to his sons, "O my sons, please take charge of my five states, for you are quite competent to do so." Thus his five sons were known as the Pancalas. From Mudgala came a dynasty of brahmanas known as Maudgalya
- Brahmanas generally act as spiritual masters of two dynasties. One is their disciplic succession, and the other is the dynasty born of their semen. Both descendants belong to the same gotra, or dynasty
- Brhadasva: An ancient sage who used to meet Maharaja Yudhisthira now and then. First of all he met Maharaja Yudhisthira at Kamyavana. This sage narrated the history of Maharaja Nala. There is another Brhadasva, who is the son of the Iksvaku dynasty
- From his five sons, namely Yadu, Turvasu, Druhyu, Anu and Puru, five famous dynasties, namely the Yadu dynasty, the Yavana (Turk) dynasty, the Bhoja dynasty, the Mleccha dynasty (Greek) and the Paurava dynasty, all emanated to spread all over the world
- From Karusa, another son of Manu, came the Karusa dynasty, a family of ksatriyas. The Karusa ksatriyas were the kings of the northern direction. They were celebrated protectors of brahminical culture and were all firmly religious
- From Ksudraka will come Ranaka, from Ranaka will come Suratha, and from Suratha will come Sumitra, ending the dynasty. This is a description of the dynasty of Brhadbala
- From Maharaja Drupada, Draupadi was born. Maharaja Drupada also had many sons, headed by Dhrstadyumna. From Dhrstadyumna came a son named Dhrstaketu. All these personalities are known as descendants of Bharmyasva or as the dynasty of Pancala
- From Mrkanda, Markandeya Muni was born, and from Prana the sage Vedasira, whose son was Usana (Sukracarya), also known as Kavi. Thus Kavi also belonged to the descendants of the Bhrgu dynasty
- From Subala will come Sunitha; from Sunitha, Satyajit; from Satyajit, Visvajit; and from Visvajit, Ripunjaya. All of these personalities will belong to the dynasty of Brhadratha, which will rule the world for one thousand years
- Gautama: One of the seven great sages of the universe. Saradvan Gautama was one of his sons. Persons in the Gautama-gotra (dynasty) today are either his family descendants or in his disciplic succession
- Govinda Ghosa belonged to the kayastha dynasty of the Uttara-radhiya section, and he was known as Ghosa Thakura. Even to the present day there is a place named Agradvipa, near Katwa, where a fair takes place and is named after Ghosa Thakura
- Having achieved perfection in the power of mystic yoga, Maru still lives in a place known as Kalapa-grama. At the end of Kali-yuga, he will revive the lost Surya dynasty by begetting a son
- Having been born from the womb of Rathitara's wife, all these sons were known as the dynasty of Rathitara, but because they were born from the semen of Angira, they were also known as the dynasty of Angira
- He (Kasisvara Gosani) was a disciple of Isvara Puri and son of Vasudeva Bhattacarya, who belonged to the dynasty of Kanjilala Kanu
- He also prepared himself to reply to all that King Pariksit had inquired from him. Maharaja Pariksit was the best in the dynasty of the Pandus, and thus he was able to ask the right questions from the right person
- He told the brahmana, "My dear sir, I belong to the dynasty of Kusa. Because we are aristocratic ksatriyas, you have to give some dowry for my daughter"
- In the dynasty of Gadhi, the most powerful Visvamitra took birth. By dint of his austerity and penance, he became a brahmana. He had 101 sons, who were celebrated as the Madhucchandas
- In the dynasty of King Mahabhoja, who was exceedingly religious, there appeared the Bhoja kings
- In the dynasty of Rohita there was a king named Sagara, whose history is described in relation to Kapiladeva and the destruction of the sons of Sagara
- In this dynasty the Supreme Personality of Godhead Narayana descended by His plenary expansion. The names of the sons of Aditi are as follows: Vivasvan, Aryama, Pusa, Tvasta, Savita, Bhaga, Dhata, Vidhata, Varuna, Mitra, Satru and Urukrama
- In this Kali-yuga, Ksemaka will be the last monarch. Now I shall describe to you the future of the Magadha dynasty. Please listen
- It is estimated that at least four hundred men descended in this dynasty (of Raghunandana). All their names are recorded in the village of Sri Khanda
- It is understood herewith that the kings born in the dynasty of Mithila were all liberated persons, unaffected by the so-called happiness and distress of this world
- Jayadeva Gosvami sung as follows: "He (Krsna) has annihilated all the dynasties of the ksatriyas in the form of Parasurama. He has killed all the demons in the form of Lord Rama. He has accepted the great plow in the form of Balarama"
- Jayadhvaja had a son named Talajangha, who had one hundred sons. All the ksatriyas in that dynasty, known as Talajangha, were annihilated by the great power received by Maharaja Sagara from Aurva Rsi
- Kindly tell us about the abilities of all the celebrated kings born in the dynasty of Vaivasvata Manu, including those who have already passed, those who may appear in the future, and those who exist at present
- King Dusmanta said: O most beautiful one (Sakuntala), it appears to my mind that you must be the daughter of a ksatriya. Because I belong to the Puru dynasty, my mind never endeavors to enjoy anything irreligiously
- King Kamsa not only occupied the kingdoms of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties and the kingdom of Surasena, but he also made alliances with all the other demoniac kings, as follows: demon Aghasura, demon Mustika, demon Arista, demon Dvivida
- King Kamsa not only occupied the kingdoms of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties and the kingdom of Surasena, but he also made alliances with all the other demoniac kings, as follows: demon Putana, demon Kesi and demon Dhenuka
- King Kamsa not only occupied the kingdoms of the Yadu, Bhoja and Andhaka dynasties and the kingdom of Surasena, but he also made alliances with all the other demoniac kings, as follows: the demon Pralamba, demon Baka, demon Canura, demon Trnavarta
- King Pariksit said: O my lord, my spiritual master, now I have fully heard from Your Grace about the dynasty of Svayambhuva Manu. But there are also other Manus, and I want to hear about their dynasties. Kindly describe them to us
- King Ugrasena was the overlord of many dynasties and happened to be the grandfather of Krsna, so Krsna asked Satrajit to present the Syamantaka jewel to King Ugrasena
- Krsna continued, "My dear grandfather, out of fear of My late uncle Kamsa, all the kings belonging to the Yadu, Vrsni, Andhaka, Madhu, Dasarha and Kukura dynasties were very anxious and disturbed"
- Krsna continued, "My full cooperation with you (Maharaj Ugrasena) will make your position more exalted and secure so that the kings of other dynasties will not hesitate to pay their respective revenues"
- Krsna thought, if I inspire a quarrel within the dynasty
- Krsna's father's name was Vasudeva, son of Surasena, descending from the Yadu dynasty. Actually, the SP of Godhead does not belong to any dynasty of this material world, but the family in which the SP of Godhead appears becomes famous, by His grace
- Maharaja Dusmanta, desiring to occupy the throne, returned to his original dynasty (the Puru dynasty), even though he had accepted Maruta as his father
- Mucukunda told Lord Krsna, "I belong to the most celebrated dynasty of King Iksvaku, but personally I am not as great as my forefather. My name is Mucukunda. My father's name was Mandhata, and my grandfather was the great king Yuvanasva"
- My dear friend, where is Krsna, who is like the moon rising from the ocean of Maharaja Nanda's dynasty? Where is Krsna, His head decorated with a peacock feather? Where is He? Where is Krsna, whose flute produces such a deep sound
- O chief of all the saintly kings of the Pandu dynasty who are strictly in the line of Lord Krsna! It is not at all astonishing that you give up your throne, which is decorated with the helmets of many kings, to achieve eternal association with the P of G
- O greatly fortunate Sukadeva Gosvami, O great brahmana, kindly describe to us separately the dynasties and characteristics of all those kings, for we are always eager to hear such topics from you
- O King, from Agnivesya came a brahminical dynasty known as Agnivesyayana. Now that I have described the descendants of Narisyanta, let me describe the descendants of Dista. Please hear from me
- O King, thus far you have heard the description of the dynasty of the sun-god. Now hear the most glorious and purifying description of the dynasty of the moon-god. This description mentions kings like Aila (Pururava) of whom it is glorious to hear
- O Maharaja Pariksit, because Yadu, Madhu and Vrsni each inaugurated a dynasty, their dynasties are known as Yadava, Madhava and Vrsni. The son of Yadu named Krosta had a son named Vrjinavan
- O my daughter, who were born in a respectable family, how have you degraded your consciousness in this way? How is it that you are shamelessly maintaining a paramour? You will thus degrade the dynasties of both your father & your husband to hellish life
- O pleasure of the Raksasa dynasty, because of you (Ravana) the state of Lanka and also we ourselves now have no protector. By your deeds you have made your body fit to be eaten by vultures and your soul fit to go to hell
- O protector of the universe, you are engaged by the S P of Godhead as His all-powerful weapon in killing the envious enemies. For the benefit of our entire dynasty, kindly favor this poor brahmana. This will certainly be a favor for all of us
- Oh, please bring me (Hiranyakasipu) a stick! This Prahlada is damaging our name and fame. Because of his bad intelligence, he has become like a cinder in the dynasty of the demons
- On this planet earth there are two ksatriya dynasties, and one comes from the predominating deity of the sun and the other from the predominating deity of the moon. These dynasties are known as Surya-vamsa and Candra-vamsa respectively
- One should worship Lord Visnu or His devotee for spiritual advancement in knowledge, and for protection of heredity and advancement of a dynasty one should worship the various demigods
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: What was the offense that the ksatriyas who could not control their senses committed before Parasurama, the incarnation of the S P of God, for which the Lord annihilated the ksatriya dynasty again and again?
- Pariksit was a great emperor & possessed all the opulences of his acquired kingdom. He was so exalted that he was increasing the prestige of the Pandu dynasty. Why did he give up everything to sit down on the bank of the Ganges and fast until death?
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O King, subduer of your enemies, now hear from me in great detail about the dynasty of Manu. I shall explain as much as possible, although one could not say everything about it, even in hundreds of years
- Sukadeva Gosvami described the future sons of the Pandu family. From Janamejaya, he said, would come a son named Satanika, and following in the dynasty would be Sahasranika, Asvamedhaja, Asimakrsna, Nemicakra and Citraratha
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: By the womb of the girl brought by his father, Vidarbha begot three sons, named Kusa, Kratha and Romapada. Romapada was the favorite in the dynasty of Vidarbha
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: From Pururava came a son named Ayu, whose very powerful sons were Nahusa, Ksatravrddha, Raji, Rabha and Anena. O Maharaja Pariksit, now hear about the dynasty of Ksatravrddha
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King Pariksit, all the kings of the dynasty of Mithila were completely in knowledge of their spiritual identity. Therefore, even though staying at home, they were liberated from the duality of material existence
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O Maharaja Pariksit, descendant of Maharaja Bharata, I shall now describe the dynasty of Puru, in which you were born, in which many saintly kings appeared, and from which many dynasties of brahmanas began
- The atheist Kapila is a descendant of the dynasty of Agni and is one of the conditioned souls
- The brahmana's son cursed the King thus: On the seventh day from today a snake-bird will bite the most wretched one of that dynasty (Maharaja Pariksit) because of his having broken the laws of etiquette by insulting my father
- The devotees are referred to as acyuta-gotra, or the dynasty of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The dynasty of Maharaja Raghu is glorified because Lord Ramacandra appeared in that family
- The great sage Maitreya Muni said to Vidura: The royal dynasty of King Puru is worthy to serve the pure devotees because all the descendants of that family are devoted to the Personality of Godhead
- The Kazi said, "To as many descendants as take birth in my dynasty in the future, I give this grave admonition: No one should check the sankirtana movement"
- The last king in the dynasty of Iksvaku will be Sumitra; after Sumitra there will be no more sons in the dynasty of the sun-god, and thus the dynasty will end
- The old temple of Bindu Madhava, which was visited by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was later dismantled by Aurangzeb, the great Hindu-hating emperor of the Mogul dynasty. In the place of this temple, he constructed a big masjid, or mosque
- The Pandavas, or the Kurus, are sometimes addressed as Bharata due to being born in the dynasty of the famous Maharaja Bharata, the son of King Dusyanta
- The same system (because the gotra and dynasty are one, there is no difference between the disciples and the family born of the semen) still prevails in Indian society, especially in regard to marriage, for which the gotra is calculated
- The son of Bhanuman was Tribhanu, and his son was the magnanimous Karandhama. Karandhama's son was Maruta, who had no sons and who therefore adopted a son of the Puru dynasty (Maharaja Dusmanta) as his own
- The son of Mahinara will be Dandapani, and his son will be Nimi, from whom King Ksemaka will be born. I have now described to you the moon-god's dynasty, which is the source of brahmanas and ksatriyas and is worshiped by demigods and great saints
- The son of Sankrti was the powerful and expert fighter named Jaya. These kings were the members of the Ksatravrddha dynasty. Now let me describe to you the dynasty of Nahusa
- The son of Somadatta was Sumati, whose son was Janamejaya. All these kings appearing in the dynasty of Visala properly maintained the celebrated position of King Trnabindu
- The son of Yuvanasva was Sravasta, who constructed a township known as Sravasti Puri. The son of Sravasta was Brhadasva, and his son was Kuvalayasva. In this way the dynasty increased
- The supreme soul, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord and the supreme controller, descended as an incarnation in the Bhrgu dynasty and released the universe from the burden of undesirable kings by killing them many times
- The Yadu dynasty belonged to the family descending from Soma, the moon-god. Pariksit Maharaja gave more respect to the dynasty of the moon-god, the soma-vamsa, because in the Yadava dynasty, descending from the moon, Krsna had appeared
- There (in Southern Mathura) is a temple to Devi called the Minaksi-devi temple, which displays very great architectural craftsmanship. It was built under the supervision of the kings of the Pandya Dynasty
- There are two types of families - one according to dynasty and the other according to disciplic succession
- There were also many other saintly demigods, kings and special royal orders called arunadayas from different dynasties of sages. When they all assembled together to meet the Emperor (Pariksit), he received them properly and bowed his head to the ground
- This chapter (the ninth chapter of the ninth canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam) describes how Sudyumna became a woman and how the dynasty of Vaivasvata Manu was amalgamated with the Soma-vamsa, the dynasty coming from the moon
- This chapter describes the dynasty in which the great and learned scholar Janaka was born. This is the dynasty of Maharaja Nimi, who is said to have been the son of Iksvaku.
- Trnabindu had three sons, named Visala, Sunyabandhu and Dhumraketu. Among these three, Visala created a dynasty and constructed a palace called Vaisali
- Visvamitra accepted the son of Ajigarta known as Sunahsepha, who was born in the Bhrgu dynasty and was also known as Devarata, as one of his own sons. Visvamitra ordered his other sons to accept Sunahsepha as their eldest brother
- Visvamitra cursed some of his sons and blessed the others, and he also adopted a son. Thus there were varieties in the Kausika dynasty, but among all the sons, Devarata was considered the eldest
- We are even more respectable because we are in the dynasty of Bhrgu. Yet although this woman's father, being among the demons, is our disciple, she has put on my dress, exactly like a sudra taking charge of Vedic knowledge
- We have explained rajarsi, the big kings just like Manu, Iksvaku coming from the sun god. The Indians, it is known that there are two kinds of ksatriya dynasty. One is coming from the sun, and another is coming from the moon. Candra-vamsa and surya-vamsa
- When Mucukunda, the celebrated descendant of the Iksvaku dynasty, was favored by Lord Krsna, he circumambulated the Lord within the cave and then came out
- When the frustrated princes of the other dynasties heard that Krsna was successful in getting the hand of Satya by subduing the bulls, naturally they became envious
- When the Lord heard that Bali Maharaja was performing asvamedha sacrifices under the patronage of brahmanas belonging to the Bhrgu dynasty, the Supreme Lord, who is full in every respect, proceeded there to show His mercy to Bali Maharaja
- When the royal dynasty, being excessively proud because of the material modes of passion and ignorance, became irreligious and ceased to care for the laws enacted by the brahmanas, Parasurama killed them
- Yayati had five sons. From his five sons, namely 1 Yadu, 2 Turvasu, 3 Druhyu, 4 Anu and 5 Puru, five famous dynasties, namely 1 the Yadu dynasty, 2 the Yavana (Turk) dynasty, 3 the Bhoja dynasty, 4 the Mleccha dynasty (Greek) and 5 the Paurava dynasty
- Yet in spite of my knowing His desire (to destroy the dynasty), O Arindama (Vidura), I followed Him because it was impossible for me to bear separation from the lotus feet of the master