This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Do That (This) (71 P)
Pages in category "Did"
The following 190 pages are in this category, out of 190 total.
- A man engages in sinful activities because he does not know what he did in his past life to get his present materially conditioned body, which is subjected to the threefold miseries
- According to our Gosvami's program, everyone should sacrifice fifty percent of his income for Krsna. And Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami' actually did it. It doesn't matter whether your income is five lakhs per month or five rupees per month
- After sunrise the gopis came as usual to offer their respects to Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, but when they saw the golden chariot of Uddhava at the door, they began to inquire among themselves: What was that chariot, and to whom did it belong
- All such questions (Lord Jesus performed so many miracles. So what miracles did Krsna perform?). No sober questions
- All the Brahmas who came to see Krsna offered their respects at His lotus feet, and when they did this, their helmets touched His lotus feet
- Also hearing this auspicious news, Haridasa Thakura became very pleased. So also did Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta and Sivananda Sena
- Although Indra saw his spiritual master before him, he did not rise from his own seat or offer a seat to his spiritual master, nor did Indra offer him a respectful welcome. Indra did nothing to show him respect
- Although Lord Siva, in the form of a brahmana (Sankaracarya), preached the false philosophy of Mayavada, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nevertheless said that since he did it on the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there was no fault on his part
- Although we speak of "when" Krsna desires, just when He did desire we cannot say. We only speak in this way because in conditioned life we take it that everything has a beginning; however, in spiritual life everything is absolute
- And what pious activities did mother Yasoda perform that made the Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna call her "Mother" and suck her breasts
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, we cannot even think of His bamboo flute - what sort of pious activities did it execute so that it is now enjoying the nectar of the lips of Krsna, which is actually the property of us gopis?"
- Any devotee aspiring to be free of material desires should offer his respectful prayers to Nrsimha-deva as Prahlada Maharaja did in this verse
- Anyone who gets the favor of the goddess of fortune, as did this brahmana, is without a doubt always happy in material opulence
- Apparently, they (the gopis) left their father, husband and came to Krsna. So that is, from Vedic principle, it is wrong. One young girl cannot go to other young man, giving up the protection of father, brother, and... So they did it
- Arjuna, as a pure devotee of the Lord, never previously saw the contemplated universal form of the Lord (visva-rupa), but when he did see it, his curiosities were satisfied
- As a last alternative, the wife suggested that the Nawab take away Subuddhi Raya's caste and turn him into a Muslim, but Hussain Khan replied that if he did this, Subuddhi Raya would not live
- As far as the atheistic are concerned, it is not necessary for the Supreme Lord to appear as He is to destroy them, as He did with the demons Ravana and Kamsa
- As the Vedas are the reservoir of sacrificial purposes, so the daughter of King Devaka-bhoja conceived the Supreme Personality of Godhead in her womb, as did the mother of the demigods. Is she (Devaki) doing well?
- At the auspicious time for the appearance of the Lord, the entire universe was surcharged with all the qualities of goodness, beauty and peace. The constellation Rohini appeared, as did stars like Asvini
- Catching hold of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lotus feet, the Bhattacarya said, "Why did You bring Amogha back to life? It would have been better had he died"
- Certainly they were transferred to the spiritual world, but apart from that, what did they obtain within this material world, either in this life or in other lives?
- Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Dhrtarastra said: O Sanjaya, after assembling in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra, what did my sons and the sons of Pandu do, being desirous to fight? BG 1.1 - 1972
- Dhrtarastra said: O Sanjaya, after my sons and the sons of Pandu assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra, desiring to fight, what did they do?
- Did Krsna mean that "I leave Bhagavad-gita ambiguous and some learned scholar will come. He will explain"? What is this nonsense? Everything is clear
- Did they evolve the creation in conjunction with their respective wives, did they remain independent in their action, or did they all jointly produce it?
- Did you go to your mother along with Brahmananda? I hope she is alright now
- Gargamuni did disclose to Nanda Maharaja that Balarama would be known as Sankarsana because of uniting two families - the yadu-vamsa and the vamsa of Nanda Maharaja - one of which was known as ksatriya and the other as vaisya
- Gopi said, "Did you know, my dear friend, that all these most intimate friends of Krsna are always engaged in His service in this way?"
- He (Dhrtarastra) did everything in his power to achieve so-called success in his planned projects, but he was frustrated from the beginning to the end so far as his material activities were concerned
- He did this for the pleasure of Kasyapa Muni and his wife Aditi and for the welfare of all the inhabitants of the universe, including their various leaders
- He went to the prostitute, and she was astonished: "Well, Bilvamaṅgala" - his name was Bilvamaṅgala - "how do you dare to come here like this?" Oh, he described, "Yes. I did this, I did this, I did this, I did this." Oh, the prostitute was astonished
- How many offspring did that great yogi beget through the princess, who was endowed with eightfold perfection in the yoga principles? Oh, pray tell me this, for I am eager to hear it
- I am anxious to hear from you, what are the activities there in Bombay. Did you try for the land, Grand Pardi at Kemps Corner? I look forward to receiving your reply
- I am glad to hear of the book distribution success of Tripurari in Chicago. It is reported that he did it dressed in dhoti, but Karandhara says that dhoti is an impediment
- I asked my mother in my childhood, "My dear mother, how did I come out from your belly?" I still remember. So my mother showed me her navel: "You come out from this place"
- I found you a good soul and therefore I did propose it to you but if you refuse co-operation then what I can do. Even Sri Krishna cannot compel one for co-operation because every living being is given full chance of utilizing independant views
- I have already written you one letter of thanks for your taking care of the Vrindaban temple. I note that you are reducing the expenses, but why did the Treasurer leave? Even if you restricted the spending, then why did he leave?
- If Brahma did not create the Vedas but he is acknowledged as the first created being, wherefrom did Vedic knowledge come to Brahma? Obviously the Vedas did not come from an ordinary person born in this material world
- If by karma-kanda activities one by chance comes in contact with a devotee, as Vaidarbhi did when she married Malayadhvaja, his life becomes successful
- If one is devotee, he cannot sit down silently. He wants to preach God's glories to others, even at the risk of life, like Lord Jesus Christ did it. Even at the risk of life, he preached God consciousness. That is the duty of a devotee
- If one wants to enjoy Laksmi the way Ravana did, he will be vanquished by the laws of nature, and whatever few possessions he has will be taken away
- If someone is asked what one did exactly at the same time one day earlier, it would be very difficult for a common man to answer immediately. He would surely have to dredge his memory to recall what he was doing exactly
- If you are at all interested, you can return. Your service was there. Why did you leave, and now you are whimsically asking for service. You never asked me before leaving. How can I guide you? If you act whimsically, nobody can make you happy
- If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did
- In fact, he never so much as unlocked the lips of his mouth, nor did he ever show his face filled with tears. He would always glance only at the lotus feet of his father
- In His original form, Krsna manifests Himself in two features - prabhava and vaibhava. He expands His one original form into many, as He did during the rasa-lila dance
- In other words, although Magadhendra was able to imprison so many kings, upon the appearance of Krsna they were all released. Krsna did this out of His sincere compassion for the kings
- In the forest he (Jarasandha's father, king of Magadha) was blessed by one great rsi to have a son, and he gave him one mango to be eaten by the queens. The queens did so and were very soon pregnant
- In the same spirit of ecstasy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recited that verse, and as soon as He did so, He felt like Srimati Radharani
- In this atmosphere, all the ten directions became jubilant, as did the waves of the rivers. Moreover, all beings, moving and nonmoving, were overwhelmed with transcendental bliss
- In this state of madness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was unsteady. Whatever He said or did was all symptomatic of madness
- In this way Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu performed various pastimes, but why He did so I cannot understand
- In this way they both presented many impediments, indirectly not granting the Lord permission to go to Vrndavana. They did this because they were afraid of separation from Him
- In this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bade farewell to Raghunatha dasa, who returned home and did exactly what the Lord told him
- In what period and at what place was this first begun, and why was this taken up? From where did Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasa, the great sage, get the inspiration to compile this literature?
- Indeed, their (Sisupala's and Dantavakra's) tongues were not attacked by white leprosy, nor did they enter the darkest region of hellish life. We are certainly most surprised by this
- It is stated that during the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira there did not even exist severe cold or scorching heat, nor did the citizens suffer from any kind of mental anxiety. This is the standard of good government
- It is understood that one must be very fortunate to hear krsna-katha as seriously as Maharaja Pariksit did. He was especially intent on the subject matter because he was expecting death at any moment
- It was also informed to me by Umapati that all of you along with George were in Paris for some television engagement. Did you find any suitable place for our Temple in Paris?
- Jagadananda asked, "Where did you get that reddish cloth on your head?" Sanatana Gosvami replied, "Mukunda Sarasvati gave it to me"
- Just to teach us, Marshal Arjuna tried to understand the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita at a time when a moment was virtually impossible to spare. All this he did for the sake of people like us, and he fought the battle with full vigor
- King Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: How did Narada Muni, whose hearers are as fortunate as those instructed by Lord Brahma, explain the transcendental qualities of the Lord, who is without material qualities, and before whom did he speak
- King Pariksit inquired: My dear lord, due to their birth, the forty-nine Maruts must have been obsessed with a demoniac mentality. Why did Indra, the King of heaven, convert them into demigods? Did they perform any rituals or pious activities?
- King Pariksit inquired: O great brahmana, Sukadeva Gosvami, why and how did Lord Visnu churn the ocean of milk? For what reason did He stay in the water as a tortoise and hold up Mandara Mountain?
- King Pariksit said: O Sukadeva Gosvami, why did Vasistha, the spiritual master of Saudasa, curse that great soul? I wish to know of this. If it is not a confidential matter, please describe it to me
- Krsna and Balarama learned how to speak and understand the languages of various countries. Not only did They learn the languages of human beings; Krsna could also speak even with animals and birds
- Krsna appeared more beautiful than a human can conceive. Not only did He appear in this feature, but He glanced over Mucukunda with great affection, attracting the King's mind
- Krsna is always neat, clean and opulent and does not need to be washed, bathed or dressed, yet mother Yasoda, because of affection, considered Him her ordinary child and did her duties to keep her son brilliant
- Krsna said, "My dear chaste wife, My dear princess (Rukmini), I expected such an explanation from you, and only for this purpose did I speak all those joking words, so that you might be cheated of the real point of view. Now My purpose has been served"
- Lord Caitanya has accepted the role of Radharani, and we should support that position, as Svarupa Damodara did in the Gambhira
- Lord Krsna tolerated the insult to Draupadi by the Kurus and the injustices perpetrated against the Pandavas, as well as insults to Himself. The question may be raised, "Why did He tolerate such injustices and insults in His presence?"
- Lord Visnu in the dress of a brahmana appeared as a beggar before Bali and snatched away all of his opulence and his kingdom. He did this for the benefit of Indra, who, having been defeated by Bali Maharaja, was bereft of his kingdom
- Madhavendra Puri said, "Who are You? Where do You reside? And how did You know that I was fasting"
- Maharaj Pariksit inquires from Sukadeva Gosvami, "How did he develop to such a perfectional stage of devotional service to Narayana"
- Maharaja Bharata, despite a life of severe penances, thought of a stag at the time of his death and thus became a stag after death. However, he did retain a clear consciousness of his past life and realized his mistake
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: How did the Lord conduct Himself, and how did He behave in relationship with His brothers, who were expansions of His own self? And how did His brothers and the inhabitants of Ayodhya treat Him?
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired, "Also, why did the cows become so loving toward the calves, more than toward their own calves?"
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired: The SPG is the proprietor of everything. Why did He beg three paces of land from Bali Maharaja like a poor man, and when He got the gift for which He had begged, why did He nonetheless arrest Bali Maharaja?
- Maharaja Pariksit was surprised, thinking, "What did mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja do in their previous lives by which they got such a great opportunity, the opportunity to be the affectionate father and mother of Krsna
- Maharaja Pariksit's statement regarding the workings of the creative energy of the Lord discloses that he knew everything of the process of creation. Why then did he ask Sukadeva Gosvami for such information?
- Maharaja Prthu underwent all these severe austerities in order to control his words and his senses, to refrain from discharging his semen and to control the life air within his body. All this he did for the satisfaction of Krsna. He had no other purpose
- Maharaja Yudhisthira inquired: O my lord, Narada Muni, why was there such enmity between Hiranyakasipu and his beloved son Prahlada Maharaja? How did Prahlada Maharaja become such a great devotee of Lord Krsna? Kindly explain this to me
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: For what reason did the demon Maya Danava vanquish Lord Siva's reputation? How did Lord Krsna save Lord Siva and expand his reputation again? Kindly describe these incidents
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, although no one's enemy, engaged four divisions of defense (horse, elephant, chariot and army) to accompany Lord Krsna, the enemy of the asuras. The Maharaja did this because of the enemy, and also out of affection for the Lord
- My dear brahmana, how did Narada Muni glorify the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and what pastimes were described in that meeting? I am very eager to hear of them. Kindly explain fully about that glorification of the Lord
- My dear friend, though Krsna might have forgotten all these things, you can understand and bring this message to Him. But during Our first meeting there was no messenger between Us, nor did I request anyone to see Him
- My dear Lord, I do not possess even a trace of love for Your lotus feet. If I did, how could I have gone to another country? I am therefore a most sinful man
- My heart is very confidential. How did you know My mind in this way? After saying this, He firmly embraced Rupa Gosvami
- My uncle Dhrtarastra was also very mortified due to the death of all his sons and grandsons. Undoubtedly I am very ungrateful. Did he, therefore, take my offenses very seriously and, along with his wife, drown himself in the Ganges?
- Nilambara Cakravarti (the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) then did an astrological calculation and said that in that very month, taking advantage of an auspicious moment, the child would take birth
- Nor did they devoutly execute any regulative principle. Nor did they undergo any kind of austerity. It is simply by My association that they have attained the highest perfection of devotional service
- Not only did all of them (the members of the Yadu dynasty) have many children, but all were extraordinarily rich and opulent
- Not only did Amogha beg the Lord's (Caitanya's) pardon, but he also began slapping his own cheeks, saying, "By this mouth I have blasphemed You"
- Not only did Amogha beg the Lord's pardon, but he also began slapping his own cheeks, saying, "By this mouth I have blasphemed You"
- Not only did he collect water from Godavari, but he collected from the Ganges, Yamuna, Narmada and Kaveri. Generally a Vaisnava, while worshiping the Lord, collects water from all these rivers by mantra chanting
- Not only did Svarupa Damodara Gosvami bring prasadam, but Vaninatha Pattanayaka and Kasi Misra also sent large quantities
- Not only did they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possess all these things, but they could give them (milk products, various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments) away in charity lavishly, as did Nanda Maharaja
- O best among those performing austerities, where did you get this wonderful beauty that dismantles the austerities performed by others? Where have you learned this art? What austerity have you undergone to achieve this beauty, my dear friend?
- O best of the saints among the demigods, O best of spiritual leaders, how did Hiranyakasipu give so much trouble to Prahlada Maharaja, the pure and exalted saint, although Prahlada was his own son? I wish to know about this subject from you
- O King, since the demons had promised to accept whatever the woman did, whether just or unjust, now, to keep this promise, to show their equilibrium and to save themselves from fighting with a woman, they remained silent
- One may ask that if Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself, then why did He need a spiritual master? Of course, He did not need a spiritual master, but because He was playing the role of acarya (one who teaches by example), He accepted a spiritual master
- One's body is very dear, yet Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Only after maturing in devotion can he sit down in a solitary place to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself did
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: Why did the spiritual master of the demigods, Brhaspati, reject the demigods, who were his own disciples? What offense did the demigods commit against their spiritual master? Please describe to me this incident
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- People may take or not take, but a God's servant must speak the truth. Just like Jesus Christ. He was crucified. Nobody took his words. But he did it
- Previously I empowered your brother Rupa Gosvami to understand these mellows. I did this while instructing him at the Dasasvamedha-ghata in Prayaga
- Radha said, "Only once did your master Krsna give Me the chance to taste the touch of His lips, He left Me altogether. I know that the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, who is always in the midst of the lotus flower, is constantly engaged in Krsna's service"
- Ramai Pandita and Raghunatha Bhatta did the cooking, and I want to give them some rice and vegetables
- Ramananda Raya continued, "O brahmana, what pious activities did Nanda Maharaja perform by which he received the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna as his son"
- Reducing eating, sleeping, mating, that is spiritual advancement. This is the test. The more you reduce... The idea is to bring it to nil. Just like Gosvamis, they did it
- Samba accepted the challenge (by Karna) and stood alone before them, but as soon as he did so he was overpowered by showers of arrows shot by all the great warriors
- Saunaka Muni asked: After killing his enemies who desired to usurp his rightful inheritance, how did the greatest of all religious men, Maharaja Yudhisthira, assisted by his brothers, rule his subjects?
- Saunaka Rsi therefore asked: What more did Vidura inquire from Maitreya?
- She (Putana) assumed her real feature as a great demon. She opened her fierce mouth and spread her arms & legs all over. She fell exactly as Vrtrasura did when struck by the thunderbolt of Indra. The long hair on her head was scattered all over her body
- She did so with serious engagement in devotional service. Because she was strong in renunciation, she accepted only the necessities of the body
- She wondered, 'Why did Lord Jagannatha give up so much opulence and go to Vrndavana?' To make Him a laughingstock, the goddess of fortune made arrangements for much decoration
- Since Brahma is the spiritual master of all living entities, his behavior and character should be so ideal that people will follow such sublime behavior and derive the highest spiritual benefit. Therefore, he should not have acted as he did
- Since Dhruva Maharaja, as a king, had to keep up his status quo or it would not have been possible to rule over the people in general, he did it perfectly
- Since Kardama Muni was advanced in spiritual life, why then did he not ask the Lord for liberation? Why did he want to enjoy material life in spite of his personally seeing and experiencing the Supreme Lord?
- Sisupala should also have been sent to hell. How then did he merge into the Lord's existence
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu behaved exactly like the Supreme Personality of Godhead, beyond the restriction of anyone's intelligence. He did whatever He liked, but all His activities were very beautiful
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "What have you done, My dear Raya? Why did you not first see Lord Jagannatha and then come here? Why have you come here first"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down to eat. Then Govinda offered Him the preparations one after another, and as he did so he spoke the name of the person who had given each one
- Sri Saunaka inquired: O Suta Gosvami, after the earth was again situated in its orbit, what did Svayambhuva Manu do to show the path of liberation to persons who were to take birth later on?
- Still in His ecstasy, the Lord asked Advaita Acarya, "Why did You come here? How did You know that I was in Vrndavana"
- Sukadeva Gosvami never accepted any formal spiritual master, nor did he undergo any formal reformatory performances. His father, Vyasadeva, was his natural spiritual master because Sukadeva Gosvami heard Srimad-Bhagavatam from him
- Superficially, it appeared that Prahlada Maharaja did wrong because his father was killed before him. Suppose if your father is killed before you and if you stand only, if you don't speak any protest to protect the father, who will agree with you?
- That man inquired from Sivananda Sena, Did you see anyone in the renounced order at the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- That person is Raghunatha dasa, the son of Govardhana Majumadara. Did you meet him in Nilacala
- The action of matter has also not so much incentive. The land does not produce food grains in the same proportions as it did in other ages
- The angelic dancers approached (the Lord), as did the Gandharvas, the Caranas, the Yaksas, the inhabitants of Kinnaraloka, the Vetalas, the inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka, and the personal servants of Visnu like Sunanda and Kumuda
- The angelic dancers approached, as did the Gandharvas, the Caranas, the Yaksas, the inhabitants of Kinnaraloka, the Vetalas, the inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka, and the personal servants of Visnu like Sunanda and Kumuda
- The Bhattacarya's wife, whose name was Sathimata (the mother of Sathi), did the cooking. The narrations of these pastimes are very wonderful
- The brahmana boy considered Maharaja Pariksit to be kulangara, or the wretched of the dynasty, but factually the brahmana boy himself was so because only from him did the brahmana caste become powerless, like the snake whose poisoned teeth are broken
- The cowherd boys said, "He (Krsna) is so wonderful that He saved us from the clutches of the great serpent and killed him," But little did they know that one year had passed since the killing of Aghasura
- The first night we did a very nice program, kirtana, and everyone was joining in dancing with us. We were dancing and they were all joining. And the second night they cancelled our program
- The King asked Sukadeva Gosvami: Where and when did the meeting and discussion take place between Saint Vidura and His Grace Maitreya Muni? Kindly oblige, my lord, and describe this to us
- The King inquired, "To whom did Svarupa Damodara and Govinda offer the two garlands? His bodily effulgence is so great that He must be a very great devotee. Please let me know who He is"
- The King inquired: At the end of the pastimes of the Lord of the three worlds, Sri Krsna, and after the disappearance of the members of the Vrsni and Bhoja dynasties, who were the best of the great commanders, why did Uddhava alone remain?
- The King replied, "I had no desire to give pain to Gopinatha Pattanayaka and his family, nor did I know about his being lifted onto the canga to be thrown on the swords and killed"
- The King then inquired, 'Mukunda, why did you fall down?' "Mukunda replied, 'My dear King, I have a disease like epilepsy'"
- The land was there before our birth, before we came to the land. How did it become our property? Such deliberation will help us understand that there is a supreme proprietor of everything - the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Lord asked, "How did you enter the room? Why didn't you go out to take your lunch in the same way"
- The Lord did not display many of the miracles which are generally expected from such personalities, but He did once perform a wonderful miracle in the house of Srinivasa Thakura while sankirtana was in full swing
- The Lord replied to His mother, "Why did you conceal self-realization by not teaching Me this practical philosophy in the beginning?
- The surface of the earth is by nature low in some places and high in others. How did King Prthu level the surface of the earth, and why did the King of heaven, Indra, steal the horse meant for the sacrifice?
- The words “Bhaktivedanta Book Trust” have been omitted. Formally they were there on all the books. It is understood from Ramesvara that you removed these words. Why did you do this?
- Their (Kauravas) arrangement was expert and more than adequate, but He (Lord Sri Krsna), while going forward, did all this
- Then the maidservants of the goddess of fortune said to the servants of Jagannatha, "Why did your Jagannatha abandon the great opulence of the goddess of fortune and, for the sake of a few leaves, fruits & flowers, go see the flower garden of Radharani"
- There are twelve great authorities on devotional service, and Lord Siva is one of them. Why, then, did he adopt the process of Mayavadi philosophy?
- There are twelve mahajanas, great authorities on devotional service, and Lord Siva is one of them. Why, then, did he adopt the process of Mayavada philosophy? The answer is given in the Siva Purana
- They (the scientists) think that everything evolved from chemicals, but where did the chemicals come from?
- They did this just for the sake of pure ghee, which they wanted for the performance of sacrifices to elevate themselves to the higher planetary systems, up to Brahmaloka
- This sayujya-mukti is impossible to attain even for great transcendentalists. How then did the enemy of the Lord attain it
- Thus I have related the ecstatic love of Sarvabhauma's wife, who is known as the mother of Sathi. I have also related Caitanya's great mercy, which He manifested by excusing Amogha's offense. He did so due to Amogha's relationship with a devotee
- To satisfy the sage Utanka, the greatly powerful Kuvalayasva killed a demon named Dhundhu. He did this with the assistance of his twenty-one thousand sons
- Two gopis imitated Krsna and Balarama, and many others imitated Their cowherd boyfriends. One gopi assumed the form of Bakasura, and another forced her to fall down as the demon Bakasura did when he was killed; similarly, another gopi defeated Vatsasura
- Vidura asked Maitreya: My dear brahmana, why did the Pracetas meet Lord Siva on the way? Please tell me how the meeting happened, how Lord Siva became very pleased with them and how he instructed them
- Vidura inquired from Maitreya: O brahmana, you formerly spoke about the sons of Pracinabarhi and informed me that they satisfied the Supreme Personality of Godhead by chanting a song composed by Lord Siva. What did they achieve in this way?
- Vidura inquired from Maitreya: O greatly advanced devotee, who were the Pracetas? To which family did they belong? Whose sons were they, and where did they perform the great sacrifices?
- Vidura inquired: How did the Prajapatis (such progenitors of living entities as Marici and Svayambhuva Manu) create according to the instruction of Brahma, and how did they evolve this manifested universe?
- Vidura said: O great sage (Maitreya), what did Svayambhuva, the dear son of Brahma, do after obtaining his very loving wife?
- Vidura said: Since you know of matters inconceivable to us, tell me, O holy sage, what did Brahma do to create living beings after evolving the Prajapatis, the progenitors of living beings?
- Vyasadeva himself was the disciple of Naradaji, and therefore it was natural to be anxious to hear what Narada did after initiation from the spiritual masters. He wanted to follow in Narada's footsteps in order to attain to the same perfect stage of life
- What is the aim of varnasrama? Simply by becoming a brahmana he's successful? No. Nobody can become successful unless he satisfies Krsna. That is real success. Just like Arjuna did. By the military art, he satisfied Krsna
- When He did so, Venkata Bhatta fell down unconscious. Such are the pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci, at Sri Ranga-ksetra
- When his servants, the Yamadutas, informed him of their defeat by the Visnudutas, who had stopped them from arresting Ajamila, what did he reply?
- When I took my own apartment I did the same thing, distributed prasadam; then, gradually, they came forward to assist me
- When Prthu Maharaja was performing the last horse sacrifice (asvamedha-yajna), King Indra, invisible to everyone, stole the horse intended for sacrifice. He did this because of his great envy of King Prthu
- When she did so, many other she-goats also desired him as their husband because he had a very beautiful bodily structure and a nice mustache and beard and was expert in discharging semen and in the art of sexual intercourse
- When there was a forest fire in the Bhandiravana, Krsna instructed His friends to close their eyes tightly, and they all did this
- When Vyasadeva fixed his mind in meditation, he did it in bhakti-yoga trance and actually saw the Supreme Person with maya, the illusory energy, in contraposition
- Whenever an acarya is seen, one should immediately bow down before him. Prthu Maharaja did this properly; therefore the words used here are prasrayanata-kandharah. Out of humility, he bowed down before the Kumaras
- Whenever anyone had to speak, he did so by uttering the holy name of Krsna. Consequently, the holy name of Krsna became an indication for everyone who wanted something
- While Dhruva Maharaja was absent from his home, not only did he undergo severe austerities in the forest of Madhuvana, but at home also his mother (Queen Suniti) prayed to the Supreme Lord for his safety and good fortune
- Why did Sati become so angry that she gave up her body? Since she was the daughter of a great personality and wife of a great personality, she had nothing to desire, but still she gave up her body in dissatisfaction
- Why did you inquire which Brahma had come to see You? What is the purpose of such an inquiry? Is there any other Brahma besides me within this universe
- Why did you not retaliate by reproaching Him? Why did you fearfully tolerate His criticism
- Why should we interpret Krsna's words? Am I more than Krsna? Or did Krsna leave some portion to be explained by me by interpretation? Then what is the importance of Krsna?
- With Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down and accepted the prasadam. When He began to eat, so did all the Vaisnavas
- You have been married for a year and a half but do not have any desire for children. Then why did you marry? That is my question. If you do not want children, then why did you marry? You should not take sannyasa
- You have to work for Krsna sincerely, intelligently, and victory or defeat, it doesn't matter. Just like Jatayu was defeated fighting with Ravana. His wings were cut off. Ravana was very strong. And Lord Ramacandra, He did his last funeral ceremonies