Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Do That (This) (69 P)
Pages in category "Did"
The following 137 pages are in this category, out of 137 total.
- A man engages in sinful activities because he does not know what he did in his past life to get his present materially conditioned body, which is subjected to the threefold miseries
- According to our Gosvami's program, everyone should sacrifice fifty percent of his income for Krsna. And Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami' actually did it. It doesn't matter whether your income is five lakhs per month or five rupees per month
- After Krsna did this (killed Gardabhasura), they all returned home, and their report of the day's activity perturbed Mother Yasoda because Krsna had been sent alone into such danger in the Talavana Forest. Thus she looked upon the boys with anger
- After sunrise the gopis came as usual to offer their respects to Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, but when they saw the golden chariot of Uddhava at the door, they began to inquire among themselves: What was that chariot, and to whom did it belong
- All such questions (Lord Jesus performed so many miracles. So what miracles did Krsna perform?). No sober questions
- All the Brahmas who came to see Krsna offered their respects at His lotus feet, and when they did this, their helmets touched His lotus feet
- Also hearing this auspicious news, Haridasa Thakura became very pleased. So also did Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta and Sivananda Sena
- Although Lord Siva, in the form of a brahmana (Sankaracarya), preached the false philosophy of Mayavada, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu nevertheless said that since he did it on the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there was no fault on his part
- Although the cows and elder gopis of Vrndavana had greater affection for Krsna than for their own offspring, after this incident their affection for their offspring increased unlimitedly, exactly as it did for Krsna
- Although we speak of "when" Krsna desires, just when He did desire we cannot say. We only speak in this way because in conditioned life we take it that everything has a beginning; however, in spiritual life everything is absolute
- And what pious activities did mother Yasoda perform that made the Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna call her "Mother" and suck her breasts
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, we cannot even think of His bamboo flute - what sort of pious activities did it execute so that it is now enjoying the nectar of the lips of Krsna, which is actually the property of us gopis?"
- Any devotee aspiring to be free of material desires should offer his respectful prayers to Nrsimha-deva as Prahlada Maharaja did in this verse
- Anyone who gets the favor of the goddess of fortune, as did this brahmana, is without a doubt always happy in material opulence
- Apparently, they (the gopis) left their father, husband and came to Krsna. So that is, from Vedic principle, it is wrong. One young girl cannot go to other young man, giving up the protection of father, brother, and... So they did it
- Arjuna, as a pure devotee of the Lord, never previously saw the contemplated universal form of the Lord (visva-rupa), but when he did see it, his curiosities were satisfied
- As far as the atheistic are concerned, it is not necessary for the Supreme Lord to appear as He is to destroy them, as He did with the demons Ravana and Kamsa
- At the auspicious time for the appearance of the Lord, the entire universe was surcharged with all the qualities of goodness, beauty and peace. The constellation Rohini appeared, as did stars like Asvini
- Because Arjuna was the Lord's affectionate devotee, the Lord did all this Himself without personal anxiety by Arjuna. That is the way of the devotional service to the Lord
- By the supreme will of the Lord, the clouds were asked to disperse, and they did. Because of this incident, that place is still known as Meghera-cara.
- Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Dhrtarastra said: O Sanjaya, after my sons and the sons of Pandu assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra, desiring to fight, what did they do?
- Dhrtarastra was tightly bound in a network of material affinities related to politics, economy and family attachment, and he did everything in his power to achieve so-called success in his planned projects, but he was frustrated from the very beginning
- Did Krsna mean that "I leave Bhagavad-gita ambiguous and some learned scholar will come. He will explain"? What is this nonsense? Everything is clear
- Did you go to your mother along with Brahmananda? I hope she is alright now
- Gargamuni did disclose to Nanda Maharaja that Balarama would be known as Sankarsana because of uniting two families - the yadu-vamsa and the vamsa of Nanda Maharaja - one of which was known as ksatriya and the other as vaisya
- Gopi said, "Did you know, my dear friend, that all these most intimate friends of Krsna are always engaged in His service in this way?"
- I am anxious to hear from you, what are the activities there in Bombay. Did you try for the land, Grand Pardi at Kemps Corner? I look forward to receiving your reply
- I am glad to hear of the book distribution success of Tripurari in Chicago. It is reported that he did it dressed in dhoti, but Karandhara says that dhoti is an impediment
- I asked my mother in my childhood, "My dear mother, how did I come out from your belly?" I still remember. So my mother showed me her navel: "You come out from this place"
- I found you a good soul and therefore I did propose it to you but if you refuse co-operation then what I can do. Even Sri Krishna cannot compel one for co-operation because every living being is given full chance of utilizing independant views
- I have already written you one letter of thanks for your taking care of the Vrindaban temple. I note that you are reducing the expenses, but why did the Treasurer leave? Even if you restricted the spending, then why did he leave?
- If Brahma did not create the Vedas but he is acknowledged as the first created being, wherefrom did Vedic knowledge come to Brahma? Obviously the Vedas did not come from an ordinary person born in this material world
- If by karma-kanda activities one by chance comes in contact with a devotee, as Vaidarbhi did when she married Malayadhvaja, his life becomes successful
- If one is devotee, he cannot sit down silently. He wants to preach God's glories to others, even at the risk of life, like Lord Jesus Christ did it. Even at the risk of life, he preached God consciousness. That is the duty of a devotee
- If one wants to enjoy Laksmi the way Ravana did, he will be vanquished by the laws of nature, and whatever few possessions he has will be taken away
- If someone is asked what one did exactly at the same time one day earlier, it would be very difficult for a common man to answer immediately. He would surely have to dredge his memory to recall what he was doing exactly
- If you are at all interested, you can return. Your service was there. Why did you leave, and now you are whimsically asking for service. You never asked me before leaving. How can I guide you? If you act whimsically, nobody can make you happy
- If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did
- In fact, he never so much as unlocked the lips of his mouth, nor did he ever show his face filled with tears. He would always glance only at the lotus feet of his father
- In His original form, Krsna manifests Himself in two features - prabhava and vaibhava. He expands His one original form into many, as He did during the rasa-lila dance
- In other words, although Magadhendra was able to imprison so many kings, upon the appearance of Krsna they were all released. Krsna did this out of His sincere compassion for the kings
- In this way they both presented many impediments, indirectly not granting the Lord permission to go to Vrndavana. They did this because they were afraid of separation from Him
- In this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bade farewell to Raghunatha dasa, who returned home and did exactly what the Lord told him
- It is stated that during the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira there did not even exist severe cold or scorching heat, nor did the citizens suffer from any kind of mental anxiety. This is the standard of good government
- It is understood that one must be very fortunate to hear krsna-katha as seriously as Maharaja Pariksit did. He was especially intent on the subject matter because he was expecting death at any moment
- It was also informed to me by Umapati that all of you along with George were in Paris for some television engagement. Did you find any suitable place for our Temple in Paris?
- King Pariksit inquired: O great brahmana, Sukadeva Gosvami, why and how did Lord Visnu churn the ocean of milk? For what reason did He stay in the water as a tortoise and hold up Mandara Mountain?
- Krsna and Balarama learned how to speak and understand the languages of various countries. Not only did They learn the languages of human beings; Krsna could also speak even with animals and birds
- Krsna appeared more beautiful than a human can conceive. Not only did He appear in this feature, but He glanced over Mucukunda with great affection, attracting the King's mind
- Krsna is always neat, clean and opulent and does not need to be washed, bathed or dressed, yet mother Yasoda, because of affection, considered Him her ordinary child and did her duties to keep her son brilliant
- Krsna said, "My dear chaste wife, My dear princess (Rukmini), I expected such an explanation from you, and only for this purpose did I speak all those joking words, so that you might be cheated of the real point of view. Now My purpose has been served"
- Lord Caitanya has accepted the role of Radharani, and we should support that position, as Svarupa Damodara did in the Gambhira
- Lord Krsna tolerated the insult to Draupadi by the Kurus and the injustices perpetrated against the Pandavas, as well as insults to Himself. The question may be raised, "Why did He tolerate such injustices and insults in His presence?"
- Lord Visnu in the dress of a brahmana appeared as a beggar before Bali and snatched away all of his opulence and his kingdom. He did this for the benefit of Indra, who, having been defeated by Bali Maharaja, was bereft of his kingdom
- Madhavendra Puri said, "Who are You? Where do You reside? And how did You know that I was fasting"
- Maharaj Pariksit inquires from Sukadeva Gosvami, "How did he develop to such a perfectional stage of devotional service to Narayana"
- Maharaja Bharata, despite a life of severe penances, thought of a stag at the time of his death and thus became a stag after death. However, he did retain a clear consciousness of his past life and realized his mistake
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired, "Also, why did the cows become so loving toward the calves, more than toward their own calves?"
- Maharaja Pariksit was surprised, thinking, "What did mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja do in their previous lives by which they got such a great opportunity, the opportunity to be the affectionate father and mother of Krsna
- Maharaja Pariksit's statement regarding the workings of the creative energy of the Lord discloses that he knew everything of the process of creation. Why then did he ask Sukadeva Gosvami for such information?
- My dear friend, though Krsna might have forgotten all these things, you can understand and bring this message to Him. But during Our first meeting there was no messenger between Us, nor did I request anyone to see Him
- My dear Lord, I do not possess even a trace of love for Your lotus feet. If I did, how could I have gone to another country? I am therefore a most sinful man
- My heart is very confidential. How did you know My mind in this way? After saying this, He firmly embraced Rupa Gosvami
- Nor did they devoutly execute any regulative principle. Nor did they undergo any kind of austerity. It is simply by My association that they have attained the highest perfection of devotional service
- Not only did all of them (the members of the Yadu dynasty) have many children, but all were extraordinarily rich and opulent
- Not only did Amogha beg the Lord's (Caitanya's) pardon, but he also began slapping his own cheeks, saying, "By this mouth I have blasphemed You"
- Not only did Amogha beg the Lord's pardon, but he also began slapping his own cheeks, saying, "By this mouth I have blasphemed You"
- Not only did he collect water from Godavari, but he collected from the Ganges, Yamuna, Narmada and Kaveri. Generally a Vaisnava, while worshiping the Lord, collects water from all these rivers by mantra chanting
- Not only did Krsna bow down, but He also touched the feet of Narada and with folded hands requested him to sit on His chair. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality, worshiped by all devotees. He is the most worshipable spiritual master of everyone
- Not only did they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possess all these things, but they could give them (milk products, various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments) away in charity lavishly, as did Nanda Maharaja
- O best among those performing austerities, where did you get this wonderful beauty that dismantles the austerities performed by others? Where have you learned this art? What austerity have you undergone to achieve this beauty, my dear friend?
- One gopi imitated a hand-driven cart, and another gopi lay down beneath the cart and threw up her legs, touching the wheels of the cart, as Krsna did to kill the demon Sakatasura. One gopi imitated child Krsna and lay down on the ground
- One may ask that if Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself, then why did He need a spiritual master? Of course, He did not need a spiritual master, but because He was playing the role of acarya (one who teaches by example), He accepted a spiritual master
- One should know with certainty that Krsna had no personal interest in whatever He did for the benediction of the gopis. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, na mam karmani limpanti: (BG 4.14) Krsna never enjoys or suffers the results of His activities
- One's body is very dear, yet Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Only after maturing in devotion can he sit down in a solitary place to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself did
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- People may take or not take, but a God's servant must speak the truth. Just like Jesus Christ. He was crucified. Nobody took his words. But he did it
- Previously I empowered your brother Rupa Gosvami to understand these mellows. I did this while instructing him at the Dasasvamedha-ghata in Prayaga
- Radha said, "Only once did your master Krsna give Me the chance to taste the touch of His lips, He left Me altogether. I know that the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, who is always in the midst of the lotus flower, is constantly engaged in Krsna's service"
- Ramananda Raya continued, "O brahmana, what pious activities did Nanda Maharaja perform by which he received the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna as his son"
- Reducing eating, sleeping, mating, that is spiritual advancement. This is the test. The more you reduce... The idea is to bring it to nil. Just like Gosvamis, they did it
- Samba accepted the challenge (by Karna) and stood alone before them, but as soon as he did so he was overpowered by showers of arrows shot by all the great warriors
- Saunaka Muni asked: After killing his enemies who desired to usurp his rightful inheritance, how did the greatest of all religious men, Maharaja Yudhisthira, assisted by his brothers, rule his subjects?
- She (Putana) assumed her real feature as a great demon. She opened her fierce mouth and spread her arms & legs all over. She fell exactly as Vrtrasura did when struck by the thunderbolt of Indra. The long hair on her head was scattered all over her body
- She wondered, 'Why did Lord Jagannatha give up so much opulence and go to Vrndavana?' To make Him a laughingstock, the goddess of fortune made arrangements for much decoration
- Since Brahma is the spiritual master of all living entities, his behavior and character should be so ideal that people will follow such sublime behavior and derive the highest spiritual benefit. Therefore, he should not have acted as he did
- Since Dhruva Maharaja, as a king, had to keep up his status quo or it would not have been possible to rule over the people in general, he did it perfectly
- Since Kardama Muni was advanced in spiritual life, why then did he not ask the Lord for liberation? Why did he want to enjoy material life in spite of his personally seeing and experiencing the Supreme Lord?
- Some ask that if Krsna is self-sufficient, why did He at all manifest the pastimes with the gopis, which are disturbing to the so-called moralists of the world? The answer is that such activities show special mercy to the fallen, conditioned souls
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "What have you done, My dear Raya? Why did you not first see Lord Jagannatha and then come here? Why have you come here first"
- Sri Saunaka inquired: O Suta Gosvami, after the earth was again situated in its orbit, what did Svayambhuva Manu do to show the path of liberation to persons who were to take birth later on?
- Still in His ecstasy, the Lord asked Advaita Acarya, "Why did You come here? How did You know that I was in Vrndavana"
- Superficially, it appeared that Prahlada Maharaja did wrong because his father was killed before him. Suppose if your father is killed before you and if you stand only, if you don't speak any protest to protect the father, who will agree with you?
- That man inquired from Sivananda Sena, Did you see anyone in the renounced order at the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- That person is Raghunatha dasa, the son of Govardhana Majumadara. Did you meet him in Nilacala
- The angelic dancers approached (the Lord), as did the Gandharvas, the Caranas, the Yaksas, the inhabitants of Kinnaraloka, the Vetalas, the inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka, and the personal servants of Visnu like Sunanda and Kumuda
- The Bhattacarya's wife, whose name was Sathimata (the mother of Sathi), did the cooking. The narrations of these pastimes are very wonderful
- The cowherd boys said, "He (Krsna) is so wonderful that He saved us from the clutches of the great serpent and killed him," But little did they know that one year had passed since the killing of Aghasura
- The first night we did a very nice program, kirtana, and everyone was joining in dancing with us. We were dancing and they were all joining. And the second night they cancelled our program
- The King inquired, "To whom did Svarupa Damodara and Govinda offer the two garlands? His bodily effulgence is so great that He must be a very great devotee. Please let me know who He is"
- The King then inquired, 'Mukunda, why did you fall down?' "Mukunda replied, 'My dear King, I have a disease like epilepsy'"
- The land was there before our birth, before we came to the land. How did it become our property? Such deliberation will help us understand that there is a supreme proprietor of everything - the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Lord did not display many of the miracles which are generally expected from such personalities, but He did once perform a wonderful miracle in the house of Srinivasa Thakura while sankirtana was in full swing
- The words “Bhaktivedanta Book Trust” have been omitted. Formally they were there on all the books. It is understood from Ramesvara that you removed these words. Why did you do this?
- Then the maidservants of the goddess of fortune said to the servants of Jagannatha, "Why did your Jagannatha abandon the great opulence of the goddess of fortune and, for the sake of a few leaves, fruits & flowers, go see the flower garden of Radharani"
- There are twelve great authorities on devotional service, and Lord Siva is one of them. Why, then, did he adopt the process of Mayavadi philosophy?
- There are twelve mahajanas, great authorities on devotional service, and Lord Siva is one of them. Why, then, did he adopt the process of Mayavada philosophy? The answer is given in the Siva Purana
- There is no difference between thinking of Krsna and associating with Him. Rather, vipralambha-seva, thinking of Krsna in separation, as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did, is far better than serving Krsna directly
- They (the scientists) think that everything evolved from chemicals, but where did the chemicals come from?
- Thus I have related the ecstatic love of Sarvabhauma's wife, who is known as the mother of Sathi. I have also related Caitanya's great mercy, which He manifested by excusing Amogha's offense. He did so due to Amogha's relationship with a devotee
- Two gopis imitated Krsna and Balarama, and many others imitated Their cowherd boyfriends. One gopi assumed the form of Bakasura, and another forced her to fall down as the demon Bakasura did when he was killed; similarly, another gopi defeated Vatsasura
- What is the aim of varnasrama? Simply by becoming a brahmana he's successful? No. Nobody can become successful unless he satisfies Krsna. That is real success. Just like Arjuna did. By the military art, he satisfied Krsna
- When He did so, Venkata Bhatta fell down unconscious. Such are the pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of mother Saci, at Sri Ranga-ksetra
- When I took my own apartment I did the same thing, distributed prasadam; then, gradually, they came forward to assist me
- When Jatayu died, Lord Ramacandra did the duty of a son by performing the funeral ceremony, and then He made friends with the monkeys to deliver Sitadevi
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as Lord Krsna, He did so in the Yadu dynasty, or yadu-vamsa, whose descent was from the moon-god
- When there was a forest fire in the Bhandiravana, Krsna instructed His friends to close their eyes tightly, and they all did this
- When Vyasadeva fixed his mind in meditation, he did it in bhakti-yoga trance and actually saw the Supreme Person with maya, the illusory energy, in contraposition
- Whenever an acarya is seen, one should immediately bow down before him. Prthu Maharaja did this properly; therefore the words used here are prasrayanata-kandharah. Out of humility, he bowed down before the Kumaras
- Whenever anyone had to speak, he did so by uttering the holy name of Krsna. Consequently, the holy name of Krsna became an indication for everyone who wanted something
- While Dhruva Maharaja was absent from his home, not only did he undergo severe austerities in the forest of Madhuvana, but at home also his mother (Queen Suniti) prayed to the Supreme Lord for his safety and good fortune
- Why did Sati become so angry that she gave up her body? Since she was the daughter of a great personality and wife of a great personality, she had nothing to desire, but still she gave up her body in dissatisfaction
- Why did you inquire which Brahma had come to see You? What is the purpose of such an inquiry? Is there any other Brahma besides me within this universe
- Why should we interpret Krsna's words? Am I more than Krsna? Or did Krsna leave some portion to be explained by me by interpretation? Then what is the importance of Krsna?
- You have been married for a year and a half but do not have any desire for children. Then why did you marry? That is my question. If you do not want children, then why did you marry? You should not take sannyasa
- You have to work for Krsna sincerely, intelligently, and victory or defeat, it doesn't matter. Just like Jatayu was defeated fighting with Ravana. His wings were cut off. Ravana was very strong. And Lord Ramacandra, He did his last funeral ceremonies