Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
destructed | destructful | destructible | destruction | destructive | destructively | destructiveness
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Destruction"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- A great scientist may make discoveries in atomic energy for the quick destruction of the world and may be awarded the best prize in recognition of his service (or disservice)
- A great scientist may make discoveries in atomic energy for the quick destruction of the world, but he has to undergo the reactions of his work by rotating in the cycle of repeated births and deaths under the superhuman law of material nature
- A person who is directly surrendered to Lord Krsna, or Visnu, in unalloyed devotional service is immediately promoted to the spiritual planets. Lord Siva and other demigods attain these planets after the destruction of this material world
- After the destruction of this gross body, the subtle body carries me to another gross body
- Although the Mayavadis believe that prior to its manifestation the cosmos was in Brahman, after creation it remains in Brahman, and after destruction it merges into Brahman, they do not know what Brahman is
- At the end there will be no rain. Then this whole planet will be ablaze with fire. That is the beginning of destruction. Everything will die - all trees, plants, animals, everything. It will be made into ashes by the fire
- Because destruction is in the mode of ignorance, Lord Siva and his worshipable Deity, Sankarsana, are technically called tamasi. Lord Siva is the incarnation of tamo-guna
- Brahma, Visnu and Siva are His three incarnations of the material qualities. Creation, maintenance and destruction respectively are under the charge of these three personalities
- Destruction of the social and spiritual orders will not bring fulfillment of the idea of a classless society. One should strictly observe the principles of varna and asrama for the satisfaction of the creator
- Due to business exchanges, relationships seem to be strained. Finally wars are declared between nations, and as a result of these upheavals there is destruction all over the world, and people suffer heavily
- Factory means ruination. Factory means destruction. And agriculture means construction. The father is going to the factory, and the children are starving-destruction
- For human society, constantly thinking of how to earn money and apply it for sense gratification brings about the destruction of everyone's interests
- For this reason, after the destruction of this material world, when there is again creation by the interaction of the material modes of nature, Brahma comes back
- I (Arjuna) see all people rushing full speed into Your (the Universal Form) mouths, as moths dash to destruction in a blazing fire
- I meditate upon Lord Sri Krsna because He is the Absolute Truth and the primeval cause of all causes of the creation, sustenance and destruction of the manifested universes
- If an insignificant spider is so powerful as to act according to its will, why can't the Supreme Being act by His supreme will in the creation, maintenance and destruction of the cosmic manifestations?
- If matter is destructible or separable, antimatter must be indestructible and inseparable. We shall try to discuss these propositions from the angle of authentic scriptural vision
- Illusory stories opposed to the conclusions of Krsna consciousness concern the destruction of the Yadu dynasty, Krsna's disappearance, the story that Krsna and Balarama arise from a black hair and a white hair of Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- In Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that doubting the words of the authority is the cause of destruction
- In the dynasty of Rohita there was a king named Sagara, whose history is described in relation to Kapiladeva and the destruction of the sons of Sagara
- In the Gita it is stated that the living entity is never born and he never dies. He is eternal and indestructible, and he continues to live after the destruction of his temporary material body
- In the Hindu society since a very long time, especially since the days of India's destruction of the original culture, so many offshoots they have come out under the name of so many isms
- In this connection it is significant that Narada was immune to the attack of jara, or invalidity, and similarly jara, or the destructive force, cannot attack any follower of Narada Muni or a pure Vaisnava
- Irresponsible work is destructive because it destroys the regulative principles of scriptural injunction
- It is said at the time of destruction, first of all there will be no rain, no rain for hundreds of years. So everything will dry up and die, practically by continuous sunshine
- Krsna further explained to His father, "This cosmic manifestation is going on under the influence of three modes of material nature - goodness, passion and ignorance. These three modes are the causes of creation, maintenance and destruction"
- Krsna replied, "All material bodies are subject to these six conditions (growth, maintenance, expansion, deterioration and, finally, disappearance), & any relative acquisitions accumulated by this body are definitely subject to final destruction"
- Material actions and reactions, as the material scientist can superficially observe, are not basically ultimate truth in regard to creation, maintenance and destruction
- Maya, or illusion, is the condition of spiritual life contaminated by material infection. Liberation from this material infection does not mean destruction of the original eternal position of the living entity
- Of course, as preachers we have to expect to face so many opposing elements, and actually we are doing so. Moreover, we are always protected by Krsna. But this crazy threat for our destruction should not go unchecked; please do the needful
- One great commentator explained that desire for liberation is the most obstructive stumbling block on the path of God realization
- One should not commit sinful activities on the strength of having surrendered to Krsna. However, even if one who has surrendered to Krsna happens to do something sinful because of his former habits, such sinful actions no longer have a destructive effect
- Out of the four principles - namely religion, economic development, sense gratification and liberation - liberation has to be taken very seriously. The other three are subject to destruction by the stringent law of nature - death
- Scientists, philosophers and politicians manufacture plans and schemes for the destruction of the world. They cannot do anything good for the world, and unfortunately, because of Kali-yuga, they have plunged the affairs of the world into mismanagement
- Seeing the disturbance of the general populace and the imminent destruction of the planets, Arjuna at once retracted both brahmastra weapons, as Lord Sri Krsna desired
- Set into motion by the Supreme Personality of Godhead and wandering in all the four directions, the disc of the Supreme Lord has sharp edges as destructive as the fire of devastation at the end of the millennium
- Socrates was firmly convinced that "Even if I drink this poison... My body will be destroyed, but by destruction of my body, I am not going to be destroyed." He was convinced. So he did not lament
- That purusa (Karanodakasayi Visnu) is the performer of creation, maintenance and destruction. He manifests Himself in many incarnations, for He is the maintainer of the world
- The conditioned soul should utilize his energy in the devotional service of the Lord so that he can be transferred to the other, eternal nature, where there is no birth, no death, no creation, no destruction, but permanent life instead
- The constellations named Krttika were all wives of the moon-god. However, because Prajapati Daksa had cursed him to suffer from a disease causing gradual destruction, the moon-god could not beget children in any of his wives
- The demigods said: Without Your appearing as Krsna, as You are, neither ajnana-bhidapamarjanam (destruction of the nescience of speculative knowledge) nor vijnanam would be realized
- The impersonalists do not take into account the varieties of manifestation emanating from the supreme cause, Brahman. They simply consider that everything emanates from Brahman and after destruction merges into Brahman
- The living soul is not destroyed after the destruction of this body. Therefore he remains, and his finer dress, subtle dress, is there - mind, intelligence, and ego. So according to the composition of his mind, he develops another gross dress
- The Lord's so-called blessings of economic development and sense gratification will be conclusively dissolved by destruction
- The main point is Krsna wants Arjuna that he must fight. He must, he must not deviate from his duty as a ksatriya. He should not be overwhelmed by the bodily destruction
- The material world is created at certain intervals and then again destroyed. This creation and destruction is done by the supreme will because of the conditioned souls, or the nitya-baddha living beings
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The nature of the material world is destructive. According to the Bhagavad-gita, there is some partial truth to the assumption of the physical scientist that there is annihilation of the material and antimaterial worlds when they chance to clash
- The soul after destruction of this body is being carried by the desire, but they have no eyes to see what is that desire, what is that soul, what is that intelligence. They are saying, "There is no soul" This is mostly stupidity
- The Supreme Lord enters the material cosmos and causes creation, maintenance and destruction in their due course, whereas the part-and-parcel living entity enters the material elements and has his material body created for him
- The temporary material body is certainly a foreign dress. The Bhagavad-gita (2.20) clearly says that after the destruction of the material body the living entity is not annihilated, nor does he lose his identity
- The theory of becoming desireless is untenable because the mind cannot be made desireless. When it is recommended that one be desireless, it is understood that one should not desire things which are destructive to spiritual values
- The Vedanta philosophy mentions that Brahman is the fountainhead of all creation, maintenance and destruction
- The word aksaram is very significant because this material creation is subject to destruction but the Lord is above this material creation. He is the cause of all causes, and being so, He is superior to all the conditioned souls
- Vasudeva continued, "You (krsna) had descended for the protection of the principles of religion as well as the destruction of the unfaithful"
- Vidura was informed that the result of the Battle of Kuruksetra was the annihilation of his friends and relatives as well as the destruction of the Yadu dynasty and also the passing away of the Lord
- Whatever can be created by the manipulation of matter is destructible and temporary. In contrast, the living spark is indestructible, precisely because it can never be constructed by any combination or quantity of matter
- Whatever is made by God cannot be destroyed by man. Destruction of the caste system, as contemplated by some exponents, is therefore out of question
- When it is recommended that one be desireless, it is understood that one should not desire things which are destructive to spiritual values. A devotee of the Lord always has the Lord in his mind, and thus he does not need to be desireless
- When there is need of fire in the forest, by the will of the Supreme it takes place due to friction among the bamboos. Similarly, the descendants of Yadu were all destroyed by the will of the Lord by the process of self-destruction