Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
democracies | democracy | democrat | democratic | democratically | democrats
Pages in category "Democracy"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- All living beings, whether human, animal or lower than animal, should be given protection. The modern democratic system cannot be exalted in this way because the leaders elected strive only for power and have no sense of responsibility
- As other things are managed, but by committee, so this can also be managed, & the committee may elect one person as chief. As, just like in the democracy there are senators & there is president, so it may be I may nominate or they can
- As soon as kings became degraded, spending money for sense gratification, they were lost. Similarly, at the present moment, monarchy having been lost, the people have created democracy, which is also failing
- Democracy has proved a farce. It has no meaning, because people are not educated. People are mostly sudras. There must be four classes of men
- Democracy in spiritual affairs is not at all good but breeds power politics. We should be careful about power politics
- Democracy is also mentioned in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, that in the Kali-yuga there will be no more monarchy or the kingdom ruled by the ksatriyas
- During these democratic days, monarchy is disliked by the people, but here is an example of how an emperor (Rsabhadeva) of the whole world kept all the citizens fully satisfied by supplying the necessities of life and following the Vedic principles
- Even now, if people would all become Krsna conscious, the democratic government of the present day would be exactly like the kingdom of heaven
- Every state and its administrators, regardless of the nature of the administration - monarchy or democracy, oligarchy or dictatorship or autocracy - have the prime responsibility to lead the citizens toward God realization
- I must explain my position because in these days, a person being worshiped as most exalted personality is something revolution. Because they like democracy, by vote somebody should be elevated however rascal he may be
- If citizens want to be happy and prosperous in this democratic age, they should not elect rascals and fools who have no respect for saintly persons
- If you can purchase vote by paying money, then where is democracy?
- If you want good government, then - this is democratic age - then you must be good. You must know who is good. Then you can elect: "Here is good man"
- In a democracy no one is trained like a prince; instead, politicians are voted to responsible posts of administration by diplomatic arrangements
- In contrast with the modern, advanced, civilized form of government, an autocracy like Maharaja Yudhisthira's is by far superior to a so-called democracy in which animals are killed
- In democratic government at the present moment all kinds of fools and rascals are making decisions. But what can they do? What is the result of their legislation? They enact something today just to whimsically repeal it tomorrow
- In Kali-yuga, democratic government can be captured by Krsna conscious people. If this can be done, the general populace can be made very happy
- In place of one king or supreme executive officer, in a democracy there are so many quasi-kings: the president, the ministers, the deputy ministers, the secretaries, the assistant secretaries, the private secretaries, and the undersecretaries
- In the age of Kali in most cases the rulers are impious, and therefore the citizens are also continuously unhappy. But in the case of democracy, the impious citizens themselves elect their representative to rule over them
- In the modern democratic government, no one should be elected after the age of fifty. Otherwise the storm of the ocean of nescience cannot be stopped to allow the ships and boats to sail back to Godhead
- In the modern setup of democratic states the citizens can have no cause for grievances, because the whole administration is conducted by the people themselves. If the people themselves are dishonest, the administrative machinery must be corrupt
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was not a typically unenlightened political leader of modern democracy. Maharaja Yudhisthira was instructed by Bhismadeva and the infallible Lord also, and therefore he had full knowledge of everything in perfection
- Monarchy is better than democracy because if the monarchy is very strong the regulative principles within the kingdom are upheld very nicely
- Monarchy must be accepted. But at the present moment democracy means abolish monarchy and elect a rascal as monarch. This is called democracy
- No one is well enough trained to look after the factual interests of the governed. In a so-called democratic government, corruption is even more rampant than in an autocracy or monarchy
- Not that I collect tax and I engage it in my sense gratification; I employ three hundred prostitutes for dancing before me. This is the cause of falling down of monarchy system. Therefore people are in democracy
- Nowadays it is democratic days, majority. So as this Krsna consciousness movement is also taken as one of the sentimental movements... It is the most scientific movement, but because there are so many gurus, rascals, they imagine something and cheat
- Of course modern government, especially democratic government, is impersonal to some extent, but ultimately the chief executive head is a person, and the impersonal feature of government is subordinate to the personal feature
- One man is maintained by the state very nicely, and nowadays these democracies' mob rule means instead of one king there are 300,000 kings in a state, and they are looting the hard-earned money by income tax, and everything is so polluted
- Shortcut of 'demon-cracy' is 'democracy.' All the demons and rogues, they gather together, somehow or other votes, and occupy the seat, and the business is plundering
- So if you want to come back here and take care of Them I have no objection. But you are taking care of the Calcutta Deities, so what is the difficulty there? Does the 'democratic management' not allow you to go to the Deity room?
- That democracy is the ruination of civilization... So we want to remain in the minority. We don't want to be ruled by the majority
- The present democratic government is proclaimed to be a people's government, a government by the people and for the people, but this type of government is not sanctioned by the Vedas
- The so called democratic government means some of the sudras, rascals without any knowledge of the highest aim of life. By hook and crook they get some votes and get the responsible chair in government. Naturally they can whimsically enact any law
- The so-called democracy under party politics is nonsense
- The young boys, they are taking Hare Krsna movement seriously, so the government can be changed in their favor. After all, it is democracy. So you can do it. You become president; you'll become senator. In America it is possible
- When the majority opinion is something, you have to accept it. That is democracy
- Why monarchy? You can continue democracy, but the legislators should be first-class men who has knowledge, not these rascals
- World monarchy has failed ever since kings began to satisfy their personal senses with the taxes accumulated from the citizens. Of course, whether the system is monarchy or democracy, the same corruption is still going on