definition | definitions
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Definition"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- Actual religion is that God is one and religion means the orders, the law given by God. That's all. Simple definition. Just like state is one, government is one, and to become good citizen means to abide by the laws of the government. That's all
- Anyone who has got very scanty knowledge of God, that kind of religion is also scanty. That is the definition in the Vedic literature
- Anything material, it will burn, it will be cut into pieces, it can be dried up, it can be moistened. Because we cannot see the soul, Krsna has explained in a negative definition what is the characteristic of the soul
- Anything, whatever you see or experience or try to understand, there must be some definition. So when you speak of God, do you know what is the definition of God?
- Definition of the Absolute by negation is not complete. Such negative definitions lead one to create a concept of one's own; thus one imagines that the Absolute must be formless and without qualities
- Demons means one who harasses saintly persons and who does not believe in God. This is the definition of demon. So there is a class of men always who do not like saintly persons and do not believe in God. So they are demons
- If he (a poor man) is claiming that "I am millionaire," then you have to ask that "Where is your sign of being a millionaire? You have no good dress. Your feature is so ugly. How you are millionaire? What is the definition of a millionaire?
- If you want the definition of bhakti, the bhakti means to use the things for the proprietor. That is right use. If somebody use for another purpose, that is misuse
- In Bhagavad-gita, Krsna also explains the soul by giving negative definitions
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, because it is science of God, there is definition, what do you mean by God. The definition is that one person who has got six opulences in full, He is God
- Isvara means controller. So anyone controls, he can be called isvara. But there are isvaras over isvaras. You go on searching, isvara over isvara over isvara. When you come to the point there is no more other isvara, then He's God. That is definition
- One can achieve the perfection of life only when he has a definite idea of Vaikuntha and the Supreme Godhead
- Our definition of God is, na tasya karyam karanam ca vidyate (Svetasvatara Upanisad 6.8). "He has nothing to do." This is God. Na tasya karyam karanam ca vidyate: "He has nothing to do." He is simply enjoying, dancing with the gopis, that's all
- The cosmic manifestation is flickering and temporary does not mean that it is false. The definition of falsity is "that which never had any existence but which exists only in name"
- The invocation involves three processes: defining the objective, offering benedictions and offering obeisances
- The simple definition of God is that one who is in full six opulences, He's God. That has been analyzed by great saintly persons, including Lord Brahma, and it has been decided that the all the six opulences can be found in Krsna
- The test is that whether he has developed love of God. Then he is religious. Just see how nice definition. Is there any nicer definition of religion than it is stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam?
- There are so many so-called swamis. They are coming, and they are preaching that "You are God. I am God." Then who is God? Everyone is God? No. Therefore you will find in the Vedic literature definition of God
- There is definition of Bhagavan. Not that any rascal advertises himself Bhagavan and he becomes Bhagavan. No. Parasara Muni, father of Vyasadeva, gave us what we mean by Bhagavan
- This service is unimpaired, unchecked by any material condition. So Sukadeva Gosvami, he gives us some definition how you can be completely independent to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Now our problem is eating-sleeping
- What is depending on faith, that is not dharma, that is not religion. The quality which you cannot change, that is religion. Therefore, the definition of dharma is given in the Vedic literature: dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam
- What is the definition of a millionaire?
- When Krsna defied the authority of Indra, Indra became angry because he thought that he was all in all within this universe and that no one was as powerful as he
- When the Lord was studying grammar at the place of Gangadasa Pandita, He would immediately learn grammatical rules and definitions by heart simply by hearing them once