dear | dearer | dearest | dearly | dearmost | dearness
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Endear (4 P)
- ► Krsna Is Dear (3 C, 50 P)
- ► Radharani Is Dear (3 P)
- ► Very Dear (9 C, 172 P)
Pages in category "Dear"
The following 232 pages are in this category, out of 232 total.
- A child may take a hundred dollar bill from his father and try to keep it although he may not know how to use it. The father may beg the child - Dear boy, kindly give it to me
- A dear lover strung a garland and placed it on the shoulder of his beloved in the presence of her co-wives. She had raised breasts and was very beautiful, yet although the garland was tainted with mud, she did not reject it
- A wife who is satisfied, who is not greedy, who is expert and knows religious principles, who speaks what is dear and truthful and is not bewildered, and who is always clean and affectionate should be very much devoted to her husband if he is not fallen
- After hearing the arguments and talks of Caitanya, all the Mayavadi sannyasis who were present became pacified and replied with sweet words: Dear sir, what You have spoken is all true. A person who attains love of Godhead is certainly very fortunate
- After hearing the bumblebee’s sweet songs and recognizing that the bee was singing about Krsna for Her (Radharani's) satisfaction, the gopi replied: Dear bumblebee, Krsna has no residence here, but we know Him as Yadupati - the King of the Yadu dynasty
- After reaching his own camp, Arjuna, along with his dear friend and charioteer (Sri Krsna), entrusted the murderer unto his dear wife, who was lamenting for her murdered sons
- All glories to the master of Srinivasa Thakura! All glories to the master of Haridasa Thakura! All glories to the dear master of Gadadhara Pandita! All glories to the master of the life of Svarupa Damodara
- All the queens incessantly thought of Krsna. After their pastimes in the water, the queens said, “Our dear friend the osprey, Krsna is now asleep, but we stay awake at night because of Him
- All the sages said: Dear Dhruva, O son of King Uttanapada, may the Supreme Personality of Godhead known as Sarngadhanva, who relieves the distresses of His devotees, kill all your threatening enemies
- All the women addressed the King: O master of the citizens, we do not know why your dear wife has taken on this sort of existence. O killer of enemies, kindly look! She's lying on the ground without bedding. We cannot understand why she's acting this way
- Among his (Abhirama Thakura) many disciples, Sriman Srinivasa Acarya was the most famous and the most dear, but it is doubtful that he was his initiated disciple
- Another gopi said to her friends, "My dear friends, the cows are also charmed as soon as they hear the transcendental sound of the flute of Krsna"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, just see the deer! Although they are dumb animals, they have approached the son of Maharaja Nanda, Krsna"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna is so nicely dressed that He appears to be the impetus to various kinds of ceremonies held by the womenfolk"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, we cannot even think of His bamboo flute - what sort of pious activities did it execute so that it is now enjoying the nectar of the lips of Krsna, which is actually the property of us gopis?"
- Another gopi spoke thus to her friends about Krsna: "Dear friend, our Vrndavana is proclaiming the glories of this entire earth because this planet is glorified by the lotus footprints of the son of Devaki"
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Arjuna is always in confidence with Krsna because he is a very dear friend, and as a dear friend is gladdened by his friend's opulence. BG 1972 purports
- Arjuna, who is guided by the infallible Lord as friend and driver, thus satisfied the dear lady by such statements. Then he dressed in armor and armed himself with furious weapons, and getting into his chariot, he set out to follow Asvatthama
- As I have advised you, My dear sons, you should act accordingly. Be very careful. By these means you will be freed from the ignorance of the desire for fruitive activity, and the knot of bondage in the heart will be completely severed
- At the beginning of Srimad-Bhagavatam the sages of Naimisaranya asked, My dear Sir, kindly tell us whether the principles of religion have gone with the Lord, after His departure for His own abode. How can we find such principles after His departure
- Balarama said, "Dear friends, this time I have come to you (Kurus) as a messenger with the order of the all-powerful King Ugrasena. Please, hear the order with attention & great care. Without wasting a single moment, please try to carry out the order"
- Being compassionate and favoring Krsna and Balarama, the many ladies in the audience began to talk as follows, "Dear friends, there is injustice here." Another said, "Even in front of the King this wrestling is going on between incompatible sides"
- Better would be that you and my other dear disciples try to manage all centers as far as possible independently. For me, in my old age, moving constantly does not suit my health
- Brahma said, "This temporary existence of the material world appears to be pleasing and dear on account of its having evolved from Your body, which is eternal and full of bliss and knowledge"
- Brahmacari Kasisvara was a disciple of Isvara Puri, and Sri Govinda was another of his dear disciples
- Brahmaji, as a disciple of the Supreme Lord, received the real knowledge and imparted it to his dear disciple Narada, and similarly Narada, as spiritual master, handed over this knowledge to Vyasa and so on
- Caitanya protested against being called the Supreme Lord, and He said, My dear sir, I am an ordinary living entity. I cannot know the real meaning of Vedanta-sutra, but Vyasadeva, who is an incarnation of Narayana, knows its real meaning
- Caturbhuja (the four-armed one), or the Personality of Godhead, after hearing the words of Bhima, Draupadi and others, saw the face of His dear friend Arjuna, and He began to speak as if smiling
- Dear cloud, O friend of Krsna’s, are you thinking of the Srivatsa symbol on Krsna’s chest like us queens engaged in loving affairs with Him? You are absorbed in meditation, remembering the association of Krsna, and thus you shed tears of misery
- Dear cuckoo, you possess a very sweet voice, and you are very expert in imitating others. You could excite even a dead body with your voice. Therefore, tell the queens that good behavior is their proper duty
- Dear daughter, don't be worried because Radharani is belching. I am about to offer a remedial measure for this symptom. This belching is not due to indigestion; it is a sign of ecstatic love for Krsna. I shall arrange to cure this belching symptom
- Dear devotees
- Dear father, all this is known to you scientifically because whatever was created in the past, whatever will be created in the future, whatever is being created at present, as well as everything within the universe, is within your grip, like a walnut
- Dear friends, the gopi who has been taken away by Krsna to a secluded place must have worshiped the Lord more than anyone else
- Dear King Dhruva, neither your forefathers nor anyone else before you ever achieved such a transcendental planet
- Dear Lord - the demigods prayed - when You (Krsna) appear in Your different incarnations, You take different names and forms according to different situations
- Dear master, kindly enlighten us in transcendental knowledge, which may act as a torchlight by which we may cross the dark nescience of material existence
- Dear Mother - he (Dhruva) said, "my stepmother has insulted me by dragging me from my father's lap." "Dear son," the mother replied, "what can I do? I am helpless, and your father no longer cares for me."Well, how can I take revenge?" the boy asked
- Dear Queen, you must have worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who delivers His devotees from the greatest danger. Persons who constantly meditate upon Him surpass the course of birth and death. This perfection is very difficult to achieve
- Dear sirs, whose servants are you, where have you come from, and why are you forbidding us to touch the body of Ajamila? Are you demigods from the heavenly planets, are you sub-demigods, or are you the best of devotees?
- Dear son Prahlada, all peace and good fortune unto you. Kindly do not speak lies; just reply with the truth. These boys you see are not like you, for they do not speak in a deviant way
- Dear son, we have been defeated by our enemies, and therefore we are very much aggrieved. Please mercifully fulfill our desires by relieving our distress through the strength of your austerities. Please fulfill our prayers
- Dear Syamasundara, they (the gopis) said, we are all Your eternal servitors. Whatever You order us to do, we are obliged to perform without hesitation because we consider it our religious duty
- Dear Vallabha, we said, please hear from us. Lord Krsna is supremely attractive. His beauty, sweetness and pastimes of love are without limit
- Dear Vidura, the material elements of her body have melted into water & are now a flowing river, which is the most sacred of all rivers. Anyone who bathes in that river also attains perfection, & therefore all persons who desire perfection go bathe there
- Dear Yasoda, why don't you restrict your naughty Krsna? He comes to our houses along with Balarama every morning and evening, and before the milking of the cows They let loose the calves, and the calves drink all the milk of the cows
- Dearest devotees
- Devaki said "You are not to be killed by any female child. That was the prophecy. You are to be killed by a male child, so please do not kill her. My dear brother, you have killed so many of my children who were just born, shining like the sun"
- Devaki, on seeing her brother approaching, prayed in a very meek attitude to Kamsa: “My dear brother, please do not kill this female child. I promise that this child will be the wife of your son; therefore don’t kill her
- Due to getting a perfect son according to his desire, King Nabhi was always overwhelmed with transcendental bliss and was very affectionate to his son. It was with ecstasy and a faltering voice that he addressed Him, "My dear son, my darling."
- Even if one is born in a family of dog-eaters, he can become My devotee and be very dear to Me, in spite of having taken birth in such a family. Therefore, offerings should be given to My devotee, and whatever My devotee has offered Me should be accepted
- Everyone searches after some dear friend, some sweet friend. Why? We want the cooperation of a dear friend who will help us. This is part of the struggle for existence, and this is natural
- For the simple reason that his son-in-law, Lord Siva, did not stand up to show him the formality of respect, Daksa became so angry and hardhearted that he tolerated even the death of his dearest daughter
- For this living entity, no one is dear, nor is anyone unfavorable. He makes no distinction between that which is his own and that which belongs to anyone else
- For you especially, who always remain within the palace, it's very difficult to associate with a great personality. Dear friend, most gentle one, would you kindly explain how it was possible for you to hear Narada? Kindly dispel our doubts in this regard
- He (Krsna) says, - My dear sons, why are you rotting in this miserable world? Come to Me, and I'll give you all protection
- He (the transcendentally situated person) takes everyone as his dear friend who helps him in his execution of Krsna consciousness, and he does not hate his so-called enemy. BG 1972 purports
- He (Varuna) replied: O dear one (Hiranyaksa), we have now desisted from warfare, having grown too old for combat
- His (Prahlada) father was surprised, so he asked him, "How have you taken to Krsna consciousness?" The answer was, - My dear father, Krsna consciousness cannot be achieved by a person like you, whose job is always simply to enjoy this material world
- His only business is to turn everyone to the transcendental loving service of the Lord. Therefore all these features of Narada make him the dearmost son of his father, and all this is due to Narada's being a first-class devotee of the Lord
- How money can be dearer than life is indicated in this verse - SB 7.6.10
- How one becomes captivated by the association of one's dear wife is explained in this chapter (SB 4.25.62) by Narada Muni. Attraction for one's wife means attraction for the material qualities
- I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend
- I am the Supersoul of every individual. I am the supreme director and the dearest. People are wrongly attached to the gross and subtle bodies, but they should be attached to Me only
- If he (a child) is going to touch fire, you will immediately tell him, "No, no, my dear child. Don't touch it." So a Krsna conscious person, a devotee, is never misled, because Krsna is always guiding him
- If I say, "Dear sir, you have millions of dollars at your disposal. That is Krsna's money. Give it to me. I am Krsna's servant." Oh, he'll... He will not be very satisfied
- If one sincerely tries his best to spread Krsna consciousness by preaching the glories of the Lord and His supremacy, even if he is imperfectly educated, he becomes the dearmost servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is bhakti
- If we commit some sinful activity and if we plead in the court, "My dear judge, I did not know the law," so this kind of pleading will not help him. Ignorance is no excuse
- In Kimpurusa-varsa the great devotee Hanuman is always engaged with the inhabitants of that land in devotional service to Lord Ramacandra, the elder brother of Laksmana and dear husband of Sitadevi
- In relation to the Supreme Lord, all beings are to be respected. Therefore a devotee refers to others as "prabhu," meaning "My dear sir, my dear lord." Submissiveness is a qualification for a devotee of the Lord
- In secluded places, engaging her mind, words, body and various paraphernalia, Devayani, the dear wife of Maharaja Yayati, always brought her husband the greatest possible transcendental bliss
- In spite of achieving the power to control in all directions and in spite of enjoying all types of dear sense gratification as much as possible, Hiranyakasipu was dissatisfied because instead of controlling his senses he remained their servant
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 1.18.12) it is stated: O my dear Suta Gosvami, even though we have become darkened by the sacrificial smoke of fruitive activities, you have given us the nectar of Krsna's lotus feet
- In the same Padyavali there is the following description, which is taken as a sign of frustration in conjugal love. Srimati Radharani said, "Dear Mr. Cupid, please do not excite Me by throwing your arrows at My body
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam also (5.5.1) it is said: My dear sons, there is no reason to labor very hard for sense pleasure while in this human form of life; such pleasures are available to the stool-eaters (hogs). BG 1972 purports
- In this verse the words priya-yositam and apriyah are very significant. The word yosit means "woman," and priya means "dear" or "pleasing
- In this way He (Krsna) was answering all of the questions of Radharani so cunningly that He gladdened this dearest of the gopis
- Indeed, Srila Rupa Gosvami, whose dear friend was Svarupa Damodara, was the exact replica of Caitanya, and he was very, very dear to the Lord. Being the embodiment of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love, Rupa Gosvami was naturally very beautiful
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "For certain reasons We were rejected by Our father and mother, and you protected Us. Dear father and mother, We know that you will feel separation upon returning to Vrndavana and leaving Us here"
- Krsna and Balarama said, "Dear father and mother, although We were born of Vasudeva and Devaki, you have been Our real father and mother, because from Our very birth and childhood you raised Us with great affection and love"
- Krsna says - Nobody is dearer than him who is in the process of preaching this Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Brahma continued: My dear Priyavrata, seek shelter inside the opening in the lotus of the feet of the Lord, whose navel is also like a lotus. Thus conquer the six sense organs (the mind and knowledge-acquiring senses)
- Lord Brahma said: My dear son, O lord of the world, I am very pleased with you, and I desire all blessings for both you and your wife. You have without reservation surrendered yourself unto me with your heart for my instructions
- Lord Brahma's affectionate smile and glance meant, "My dear Priyavrata, you have decided not to accept household life, but I have decided to convince you that you must accept it
- Lord Brahma, the supreme person within this universe, said: My dear Priyavrata, kindly hear attentively what I shall say to you. Do not be jealous of the Supreme Lord, who is beyond our experimental measurements
- Lord Manu said: My dear son, please stop. It is not good to become unnecessarily angry - it is the path to hellish life. Now you are going beyond the limit by killing Yaksas who are actually not offenders
- Lord Siva was especially sorry because he had recently lost his dear wife and was also very much afflicted by the unkind words of Daksa. Under the circumstances, Lord Brahma suggested, it would behoove them (the demigods) to go at once and beg his pardon
- Lord Sri Krsna advises in Bhagavad-gita (BG 2.14), tams titiksasva bharata: My dear Arjuna, please try to tolerate all these disturbances. Be fixed in your Krsna conscious activities
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear brother (Arjuna), please tell me whether our friends and relatives, such as Madhu, Bhoja, Dasarha, Arha, Satvata, Andhaka and the members of the Yadu family are all passing their days in happiness
- Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, in spite of the requests of all the members of the sacrificial assembly, Daksa, in great anger, cursed Lord Siva and then left the assembly and went back to his home
- Maitreya continued: The proud and falsely glorious Daitya paid little heed to the words of Varuna. O dear Vidura, he learned from Narada the whereabouts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and hurriedly betook himself to the depths of the ocean
- Money is so dear that one conceives of money as being sweeter than honey. Therefore, who can give up the desire to accumulate money, especially in household life
- Mother Parvati spoke to Citraketu exactly like a mother who says to her naughty child, "My dear child, I am punishing you so that you won't do anything like this again
- My (Dasaratha) dear boy, You'll have to go to forest for fourteen years. That is the desire of Your youngest mother. And I promised that I shall fulfill her promise, uh, request. So please accept
- My (Kamsa's) dear sister Devaki, all good fortune unto you. Everyone suffers and enjoys the results of his own work under the control of providence. Although your sons have unfortunately been killed by me, please do not lament for them - SB 10.4.21
- My (Kardama Muni) dear Devahuti, you look very much afraid. First bathe in Lake Bindu-sarovara, created by Lord Visnu Himself, which can grant all the desires of a human being, and then mount this airplane
- My dear boy (Rudra), I (Brahma) have already selected the following places for your residence: the heart, the senses, the air of life, the sky, the air, the fire, the water, the earth, the sun, the moon and austerity
- My dear boy - Narada said (to Dhruva) - you belong to the royal family. You cannot suffer all this penance and austerity. Please return to your home. Your mother and father are very much anxious for you
- My dear boy, all of us are bound by the Vedic injunctions to the divisions of varnasrama according to our qualities and work. These divisions are difficult to avoid because they are scientifically arranged
- My dear boy, the Lord, who carries the wheel of a chariot, is represented by the monarchical regime, and when this regime is abolished the whole world becomes filled with thieves, who then at once vanquish the unprotected subjects like scattered lambs
- My dear boys, of all the living entities who have accepted material bodies in this world, one who has been awarded this human form should not work hard day and night simply for sense gratification, which is available even for dogs and hogs that eat stool
- My dear boys, you are all born of My heart, which is the seat of all spiritual qualities. Therefore you should not be like materialistic and envious men
- My dear devotee, unto those who rise from bed at the end of night and offer Me the prayers offered by you, I give an eternal residence in the spiritual world at the end of their lives
- My dear friends - Prahlada says, "give up this demoniac life. Give up this nonsense." The belief that there is no God is the demoniac feature that Prahlada Maharaja requests his friends to give up
- My dear King, a devotee who has taken shelter of the dust from the lotus feet of the Lord can transcend the influence of the six material whips - namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death - and he can conquer the mind and five senses
- My dear Lord, O master of the universe, since I have directly seen You, my transcendental bliss has taken the shape of a great ocean
- My dear Priyavrata, according to our association with different modes of material nature, the Supreme Personality of Godhead gives us our specific bodies and the happiness and distress we achieve
- My dear Priyavrata, by the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, all living entities accept different types of bodies for birth and death, activity, lamentation, illusion, fear of future dangers, and happiness and distress
- My dear servants, this transcendental religious principle, which is known as bhagavata-dharma, or surrender unto the Supreme Lord and love for Him, is uncontaminated by the material modes of nature
- My dear servants, who are as good as my sons, just see how glorious is the chanting of the holy name of the Lord. The greatly sinful Ajamila chanted only to call his son, not knowing that he was chanting the Lord's holy name
- My dear sir, - the youth said, "you are an old man just like my father. It is my duty to serve you. I don't require any reward." "No, I'm obliged to you, and I must reward you," the old man insisted
- My dear sir, kindly accept me and be merciful toward me, for it is a characteristic of all saintly persons to be kind toward the poor and fallen
- My dear son, thereafter your nine brothers, who are the masters of living creatures, performed the sacrifice with proper rituals to satisfy both the manifested and nonmanifested personalities
- My dear sons, you should not envy any living entity - be he moving or nonmoving. Knowing that I am situated in them, you should offer respect to all of them at every moment. In this way, you offer respect to Me (Rsabhadeva)
- My dear Svarupa,He said, I entrust this Raghunatha dasa to you. Please accept him as your son or servant
- My dear Vidura, now I am mad for want of the pleasure of seeing Him, and just to mitigate this I am now proceeding to Badarikasrama in the Himalayas for association, as I have been instructed by Him
- My insignificant enemies the demigods have combined to kill my very dear and obedient well-wisher, my brother Hiranyaksa
- O dear doe, Sri Krsna is always very pleased to give you pleasure. Kindly inform us whether He passed this way in the company of Srimati Radharani. We think They must certainly have come this way
- O dearly beautiful one, the artistic loveliness of Your (Krsna's) picture is now impressed within My (Radharani's) mind
- O King, being very much aggrieved, they pleaded to Indra with folded hands, saying, "Dear Indra, we are the Maruts, your brothers. Why are you trying to kill us?"
- O my dear friend, have you seen Krsna passing this way with His dearmost companion, increasing the pleasure of the eyes of all of you
- O my dear one, the most powerful sage Kasyapa, being extremely pleased by the mild behavior of his wife Diti, smiled and spoke to her as follows
- O My Lord! O dearest one! O only friend of the universe! O Krsna, O restless one, O only ocean of mercy! O My Lord, O My enjoyer, O beloved to My eyes! Alas, when will You again be visible to Me
- On one side we have to be very sorry if our dear friends are taken away from this world, and on the other side we should be satisfied that a pure devotee is never lost
- Once during the rasa dance, when Radharani left the arena, and Krsna went to seek Her out, one of the dear friends of Radharani began to address Krsna thusly
- One who listens to it (the narration of Lord Varaha killing Hiranaksya) at the last moment of his life is transferred to the supreme abode of the Lord, O dear Saunaka
- One's body is very dear, yet Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Our dear friend Yasoda, your son (Krsna) sometimes comes to our houses before the milking of the cows and releases the calves, and when the master of the house becomes angry, your son merely smiles - SB 10.8.29
- Our dear husbands (Kamsa and his eight brothers), you treated persons ill who were faultless, and as a result you have been killed. This is inevitable because a person who torments an innocent person must be punished by the laws of nature
- Relationships of dearness or enmity between the Supreme Lord and the living beings are due to the intervention of the illusory energy
- Rsabhadeva gave this advice to his sons: My dear boys, just undergo austerity for transcendental realization
- Rsabhadeva says that - My dear sons, don't live this irresponsible life like animals, hogs and dogs, but take the responsibility of human life. Undergo austerities, penances, as they ae recommended in the sastras and make your life
- Rukmini continued, "A foolish woman accepts such a dead body as her husband and, in sheer misunderstanding, loves him as her dear companion. This is possible only because such a woman has never relished the ever-blissful fragrance of Your lotus feet"
- Sanjaya said: My dear descendant of the Kuru dynasty (Yudhisthira), I have no information of the determination of your two uncles and Gandhari. O King, I have been cheated by those great souls
- Seeing the situation (empty throne of heavenly kingdom), Brahma came to earth and addressed the hog - My dear sir, you have become a hog on this planet earth. I have come to deliver you. Come with me at once
- So by Krsna-kirtana, one can become dear, very dear, both for the dhira and adhira. Dhira means sober. And adhira means rascals. So krsna-kirtana is so nice that you can become favorite both for the gentle and the rascal
- So this knowledge required, how to find out real guru and how to surrender unto Him. The guru does not mean that I keep a guru, so, as order-supplier: "My dear guru, I am suffering from this. Can you give me some medicine?
- Some of the gopis then addressed their gopi friends: "Dear friends, why don’t you question these creepers, who are so jubilantly embracing the big trees as if the trees were their husbands?"
- Sometimes he suffers from the burning heat of household life, which is like a forest fire, and sometimes he becomes sad to have his wealth, which is as dear as life, plundered by kings in the name of heavy income taxes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then says - There are many worshipers of Lord Siva, and there are also many atheists. Regardless, My dear Bhattacarya, I very much like Ramananda Raya and his opinions
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the ocean of mercy, chastised Junior Haridasa, although Junior Haridasa was His dear devotee, to establish that one in the devotional line, engaged in pure devotional service, should not be a hypocrite
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "All of them (the demons) are very strong, so it is very difficult to approach this place. Dear brothers, You are the only persons who can kill such demons. Other than You, no one can go there for fear of being killed"
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Dear Balarama, if You like, let us all go there and enjoy these fruits. The aroma of the fruits is now spread everywhere. Don't You smell it from here?"
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear King, in Kimpurusa-varsa the great devotee Hanuman is always engaged with the inhabitants of that land in devotional service to Lord Ramacandra, the elder brother of Laksmana and dear husband of Sitadevi
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King, Prince Priyavrata was a great devotee because he sought the lotus feet of Narada, his spiritual master, and thus achieved the highest perfection in transcendental knowledge
- Sukadeva Gosvami reassured him (Pariksit). "My dear King," he said, "don't be doubtful about the wonderful activities of Priyavrata. For a devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, everything is possible because the Lord is also known as Urukrama
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "My dear king, those who are sinful can become purified from contamination by tapa-adibhih, practicing austerity." Sukadeva also said, however, that no one can become completely purified by executing this process of austerity
- Suniti, the real mother of Dhruva Maharaja, embraced the tender body of her son, who was dearer to her than her own life, and thus forgot all material grief, for she was very pleased
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied, "Dear Bhagavan Acarya, you are a very liberal cowherd boy. Sometimes the desire awakens within you to hear any kind of poetry"
- The boys began to talk among themselves: "Dear friends, this figure appears to be a great animal, and he is sitting in such a posture just to swallow us all. Just see - is it not a big snake that has widened his mouth to eat all of us?"
- The children say, "Father, this is wanted; give me this. I am your dear son." Or the wife says, "I am your dear wife. Please give me this. This is now needed." In this way one is plundered by the thieves in the forest
- The citizens of the state of Ambarisa were accustomed to chanting and hearing about the glorious activities of the Personality of Godhead. Thus they never aspired to be elevated to the heavenly planets, which are extremely dear even to the demigods
- The conditioned souls, who do not have self-realization, accept the material body as the dearmost. The idea of the dearmost is then spread all over the body, both concentrated and extended
- The demigods prayed - Our dear Lord (Krsna), the way of understanding is not to study Your absolute nature, form and activities by mental speculation
- The devotee Prahlada says - My dear friends, this is the time, in this young age, to prosecute Krsna consciousness - SB 7.6
- The father embraces his son and says, "My dear boy, come on. I was so anxious for you all the days you were gone, and now I'm so happy you have come back." The father is so kind. We are in the same position - as the lost child who returns to father
- The gopis (cowherd girls) glorified Vrndavana in the following words: Dear friends, all these inhabitants of Vrajabhumi - including birds, beasts, and trees - are glorified when they see Krsna going to the pasturing ground with His friends and Balarama
- The gopis said, "Dear malati flower, dear mallika flower, dear jasmine flower, all of you must have been touched by Krsna while He was passing this way after giving us transcendental enjoyment"
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has taken Her along with Him. Dear friends, just imagine how the dust of this place is transcendentally glorious"
- The gopis said: "Dear earthly planet, how many austerities and penances you must have undergone to have the lotus feet of Krsna always touching your surface"
- The gopis then addressed the tulasi plants: "Dear tulasi, you are much beloved by Lord Krsna because your leaves are always at His lotus feet"
- The gopis then looked upon the ground they were traversing and began to address the earth: "Dear earthly planet, we do not know how many penances and austerities you have undergone to be now living with the footprints of Lord Krsna upon you"
- The great sage Maitreya said: Lord Siva, the deliverer of the hill Kailasa, having thus been addressed by his dear wife, replied smilingly
- The hunter replied: My dear sir (Narada Muni), from my very childhood I have been taught to kill animals in this way (half-killing an animal). Please tell me how I can get rid of all the offenses and sinful activities which I have accumulated
- The hunter said to Narada Muni: My dear sir, what are you asking of me? What is the difference between half-killing an animal and killing it completely
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka were as joyful as someone receiving a dear relative back from the dead
- The jnanis, yogis and karmis are not particularly dear, for the karmis simply want to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their order supplier
- The King will consider all embodied living entities as dear as his own self, and he will always be increasing the pleasures of his friends. He will intimately associate with liberated persons, and he will be a chastising hand to all impious persons
- The proud and falsely glorious Daitya paid little heed to the words of Varuna. O dear Vidura, he learned from Narada the whereabouts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and hurriedly betook himself to the depths of the ocean
- The pure devotee, when he is distressed, says - Dear Lord, this is Your kindness. You have put me into distress just to rectify me. I should be put in much greater distress, but out of Your mercy You have minimized this
- The pure love of the gopis has become celebrated by the name 'lust.' The dear devotees of the Lord Krsna, headed by Sri Uddhava, desire to taste that love
- The queens continued talking like that, and they addressed the mountain as follows: "Dear mountain, you are very generous. By your gravity only, the whole crust of this earth is properly maintained"
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The queens continued, "Dear friend, is it that you are also attracted by the lotus eyes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and by His sweet smiling and attractive words, exactly as we are?"
- The queens continued, "Dear Himalayan breeze, please know we have already been stricken. There is no need to injure us more & more. Dear beautiful cloud, the color of your beautiful body exactly resembles the bodily hue of our dearmost Syamasundara"
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The queens continued, "We think you have been attacked by insomnia, or, if we are not wrong, our dear Syamasundara has tactfully taken away your gravity and power of forbearance, which are your natural qualifications"
- The queens said, "Dear dry rivers, we know that because this is the summer season, all your beds are dry, and you have no water. Because all your water has now been dried up, you are no longer beautified by blooming lotus flowers"
- The queens said, "Dear kurari bird, now it is very late at night. Everyone is sleeping. The whole world is now calm and peaceful. At this time, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is sleeping, although His knowledge is undisturbed by any circumstances"
- The queens said, "Dear moon-god, we think you have been attacked by a severe type of tuberculosis. For this reason, you are becoming thinner and thinner day by day. O lord, you are now so weak that your thin rays cannot dissipate the darkness of night"
- The queens said, "O dear ocean, why are you roaring all day and night? Don’t you like to sleep?"
- The residents of the palace praised the Queen: Dear Queen, your beloved son was lost a long time ago, and it is your great fortune that he now has come back. It appears, therefore, that your son will be able to protect you for a very long time
- The sages said, "Dear Lord Yadunandana, we may inform You that we brahmanas posted Romaharsana Suta on that exalted position for the duration of this great sacrifice"
- The sages said, "Dear Lord, deliverer of all fallen souls, we know for certain that You are the knower of all Vedic principles. You are the master of all mystic powers; therefore the Vedic injunctions cannot ordinarily be applied to You"
- The same queen said, "But would you kindly explain why He is so unkind to me? Formerly He said that I alone am His dearmost wife. Does He remember this assurance? Anyway, you are welcome. Please sit down"
- The servant informed Lord Nityananda, "My dear Sir, Ramacandra Khan has sent me to accommodate You in some common man's house"
- The sixteenth dear servant of Nityananda Prabhu was Dhananjaya Pandita. He was very much renounced and always merged in love of Krsna
- The sons of the demons replied: Dear Prahlada, neither you nor we know any teacher or spiritual master other than Sanda and Amarka, the sons of Sukracarya. After all, we are children and they our controllers
- The SPG is the dearmost objective of all auspicious benedictions. A human being who sings this song sung by me can please the SPG. Such a devotee, being fixed in the Lord's devotional service, can acquire whatever he wants from the Supreme Lord
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, in His second feature, is the Supersoul of all living entities. As one's self is extremely dear, the Superself of the self is still more dear. No one can be the enemy of the friendly Superself, who is equal to everyone
- The vivid evidence in this regard is that the dearest consort of Narayana, the goddess of fortune, who is worshiped by all chaste women, gave up everything in her desire to enjoy Krsna, being captivated by His unparalleled sweetness
- The wives of kamsa and his brothers said, "Our dear husbands, you are so kind and are the protectors of your dependents. Now, after your death, we are also dead, along with your homes and children. We no longer look auspicious"
- Then Agnidhra observed the glancing eyes of Purvacitti and said: My dear friend, you have two very powerful arrows, namely your glancing eyes. Those arrows have feathers like the petals of a lotus flower
- There are sufferings from internal diseases, separation from those near and dear, and anxieties for maintaining the status quo. These are but some important factors which make the people of this age always unhappy
- There is a verse in the Skanda Purana which states: My dear Devarsi (Narada), you are glorious, and by your mercy, even the lowest creature, a hunter of animals, also became elevated to the path of devotion & attained transcendental attachment for Krsna
- There were various types of big trees and small plants in the forest, and the gopis addressed them: "Dear banyan tree, have you seen the son of Maharaja Nanda passing this way, laughing and playing on His flute?"
- These two sons (Duryodhana and Duhsasana) were very much dear to him (Dhrtarastra) for their notorious and nefarious activities, and Bhima is particularly pointed out because he killed these two pet sons
- They (opposing princes) addressed Sisupala thus, "Our dear Sisupala, don't be discouraged in this way. You belong to the royal order and are the chief amongst the fighters
- They (the counselors of Kamsa) were not very experienced or learned, they began to give instructions to Kamsa as follows, Dear sir, let us now make arrangements to kill all children who were born within the last ten days in all towns, counties & villages
- They (the gopis) began to follow the footprints, & shortly they saw another set of footprints beside them, and immediately they became very sorry. "Dear friends, just see! Whose are these other footprints?"
- They humbly (the sages present) submitted, "Our dear Lord, we think that Your action is not in line with the religious principles"
- They said, 'O dear lover, please answer just one question. Who among all the youthful women within this universe is not attracted by the sound of Your flute'
- Thinking that her child had been sleeping for a long time, Queen Krtadyuti, who was certainly very intelligent, ordered the nurse, "My dear friend, please bring my son here"
- This contact of the living entity with the material manifestation has neither integration nor disintegration. My (Balarama's) dear chaste sister-in-law (Rukmini), the spirit soul is, of course, the cause of this material body
- This most confidential part of knowledge (that anyone who is in pure Krsna consciousness will certainly return to the abode of Krsna) is spoken to Arjuna because he is the dear friend of Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- To satisfy their own interests, women deal with men as if the men were most dear to them, but no one is actually dear to them
- Until I return from Setubandha, all of you dear friends should remain at Jagannatha Puri
- Upon arriving in Vrndavana, he (old brahmana) said to him (young brahmana): My dear boy, you have rendered me so much service, and I am much obliged to you. I would like very much to return that service and give you some reward
- Vidura said: O great sage (Maitreya), what did Svayambhuva, the dear son of Brahma, do after obtaining his very loving wife?
- Vyasadeva taught the Rg Veda, to Paila. To the sage Vaisampayana he spoke the collection of Yajur mantras. He taught the Sama Veda mantras, designated as the Chandoga-samhita, to Jaimini, and he spoke the Atharva Veda to his dear disciple Sumantu
- We all seek some dear friend - everyone searches in this way. A man searches for dear friendship with a woman, and a woman searches for dear friendship with a man. Or else a man searches out a man, and a woman searches out a woman
- When a person is actually advanced and takes pleasure in chanting God's holy name, who is very dear to him, he is agitated & loudly chants the holy name. He laughs, cries, becomes agitated & chants like a madman, not caring for outsiders - CC Antya 3.179
- When a person is actually advanced and takes pleasure in chanting God's holy name, who is very dear to him, he is agitated & loudly chants the holy name. He laughs, cries, becomes agitated & chants like a madman, not caring for outsiders - CC Adi 7.94
- When Prahlada Maharaja was a five-year-old boy, he was sent to school. As soon as there was a recreation period, when the teacher was away, he would say to his friends - My dear friends, come on. We shall speak about Krsna consciousness
- When the demons had begun to destroy the higher planetary systems, the rulers of those planets went to Lord Siva, fully surrendered unto him and said: Dear Lord, we demigods living in the three worlds are about to be vanquished
- When the elder Madhucchandas were cursed, the younger fifty, along with Madhucchanda himself, approached their father and agreed to accept his proposal. "Dear father," they said, "we shall abide by whatever arrangement you like"
- When the Mayavadi sannyasis asked Caitanya why He did not study the Vedanta-sutra, the Lord replied, Dear sirs, you have asked why I do not study Vedanta, and in answer to this I would speak something, but I am afraid that you would be sorry to hear it
- When the Queen touched something, the King would also touch it, and when the dear Queen was lamenting, the poor King also had to follow her in lamentation. In the same way, when the Queen felt enjoyment, he also enjoyed
- Who could give up the association of such a dear and affectionate wife? Small children talk in broken language, very pleasing to hear, and their affectionate father always thinks of their sweet words. How could he give up their association?
- Whoever is under the influence of supreme kala (eternal time) must surrender his most dear life, and what to speak of other things, such as wealth, honor, children, land and home
- With gentle behavior, he (the hunter) asked Narada: My dear sir, why have you come here while I am hunting? Have you strayed from the general path? Because you have come here, all the animals in my traps have fled
- Yamaraja said: My dear servants, you have accepted me as the Supreme, but factually I am not. Above me, and above all the other demigods, including Indra and Candra, is the one supreme master and controller
- You (Vyasadeva) have fully delineated the subject of impersonal Brahman as well as the knowledge derived therefrom. Why should you be despondent in spite of all this, thinking that you are undone, my (Narada Muni) dear prabhu?
- You are all just like dear friends to us. Kindly tell us which way Krsna has gone and save our lives