Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cross | crossbeams | crossbreed | crossbreeding | crossed | crosses | crossing | crossings | crosslegged | crossley | crossmaidan | crossroad | crossroads | crossways | crosswise | crossword | crosswords
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Cross"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- A Mayavadi philosopher may question us, "You may be very happy in the association of devotees, but what is your plan for crossing the ocean of material existence?"
- A so-called poet who has no knowledge of transcendental mellows and the overlapping of transcendental mellows cannot cross the ocean of the conclusions of devotional service
- After crossing the hills, Sanatana Gosvami told his servant, "Isana, I think you still have some balance left from the gold coins"
- Anyone desiring to cross beyond material nescience must, by the grace of Krsna, be freed from attachment to women and money
- At important crossroads there were gates with golden decorations, and at the two sides of the gates there were golden water jugs. These beautiful decorations glorified the opulence of the city
- Be patient and return home. Don't be a crazy fellow. By and by you will be able to cross the ocean of material existence
- By good fortune one becomes eligible to cross the ocean of nescience, and when one's term of material existence decreases, one may get an opportunity to associate with pure devotees. By such association, one's attraction to Krsna is awakened
- By remembering the lotus feet of the Panca-tattva, a dumb man can become a poet, a lame man can cross mountains, and a blind man can see the stars in the sky
- By such mercy (krpa-siddha), even if a devotee is dumb he can speak or write to glorify the Lord splendidly, even if lame he can cross mountains, and even if blind he can see the stars in the sky
- By the mercy of the guru, even a dumb man can become the greatest orator, and even a lame man can cross mountains
- By the process of devotional service I (Dhruva Maharaja) shall surely be able to cross the nescient ocean of material existence, which is filled with the waves of blazing, firelike dangers
- Due to the community tension, no boat was available for crossing the river. The Muslim soldiers were always stopping passengers on the other side, but Madhvacarya did not care for these soldiers
- Duryodhana was illusioned by this craftsmanship (of the demon Maya Danava), and when crossing water, thinking it to be land, he fell in. When Duryodhana, out of his foolishness, had thus fallen, the queens enjoyed the incident by laughing
- I have been in extensive touring and then I came back to Bombay on the 16th March, 1971 and then on 24th March we held a very successful Hare Krishna Festival at Cross Maidan here in Bombay, and it lasted for eleven days
- If a blind man pretends to help another blind man cross a road, then both the blind leader and the blind follower shall fall into the further darkness of some unseen ditch
- If a blind man pretends to help another blind man cross a road, then both the blind leader and the blind follower shall fall into the further darkness of some unseen ditch. Everyone who is devoid of transcendental knowledge is just like a blind man
- If one wants to attain his spiritual existence, one has to cross an ocean of nescience. The Vedas are the bridge by which to cross such a great ocean
- If the conduct of the pure devotee crosses the lines of ordinary morality it is because he acts on the plane of Absolute Morality which is not known to the conditioned soul and cannot therefore be imitated
- If this planet (Mars) does not travel in a crooked way, it crosses through each sign of the zodiac in three fortnights and in this way travels through all twelve, one after another
- In that furious feature, the river gave passage to Vasudeva to cross, just as the great Indian Ocean gave a path to Lord Rama when He was bridging over the gulf
- In this way Vasudeva crossed the river Yamuna. On the other side, he went to the place of Nanda Maharaja, situated in Gokula, where he saw that all the cowherd men were fast asleep
- Jambavan continued, "In this way the ocean was forced to give way and allow Ramacandra to cross to the island known as Lanka"
- Just as one can cross with no exertion over the little bit of water contained in the hoofprint of a calf, so Arjuna, by the grace of Krsna, was able to very easily jump over the ocean of the Battle of Kuruksetra
- Just to show his boundless mercy upon bewildered materialistic men who want to cross completely over nescience, Sukadeva Gosvami recited for the first time this confidential knowledge
- Lord Caitanya said to Govinda: "How you first of all came across, why not again crossing?" "That I came to serve You. And now I cannot cross You to take my prasadam. That is not my duty. That is for myself. And it is for You"
- Lord Krsna said, "A human being who takes advantage of these spiritual masters and, receiving proper knowledge from them, crosses the ocean of material existence is to be understood as having properly utilized his human form of life"
- Material nature is so strong that it cannot be surmounted by an ordinary living entity. Only those who surrender unto the lotus feet of Krsna can cross the ocean of material existence
- Maya is very strong, mama maya duratyaya (BG 7.14). But we can easily cross beyond it if we take cent per cent shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna
- Merely seeing the moon from a distance cannot enable one to understand the real situation of the moon. One has to cross Manasa Lake and then Sumeru Mountain, and only then can one trace out the orbit of the moon
- Nondevotees, who do not take shelter of the Lord's lotus feet, try to cross the ocean of nescience by other methods (karma, jnana and yoga), but they have a great deal of trouble
- Now you have got one very nice Jersey cross-bred cow, so take care of her very nicely. Feed her nicely fodder and she will give more milk
- One cannot immediately reach the coast, but if one endeavors, he can cross the ocean of material existence by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy. One may be very eager to cross this ocean, but he cannot attain success by acting like a madman
- One day, when they needed to cross a river, an Orissan boatman would not allow the dog to get in the boat
- One should have unflinching faith in God and spiritual master. Don't jump over God, crossing the spiritual master. Then it will be failure. You must go through. We are observing Vyasa-puja ceremony, the birth anniversary of our Guru Maharaja
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "I shall not stay here even for a moment. Please help me cross the Ganges. I shall leave immediately"
- Sankirtana Movement which I am propagating all over the world was also exhibited in the Cross Maidan for eleven days which I think you must have seen. So in India I am especially present here to popularize this movement for awakening God Consciousness
- So far as the mistake on the certificates, I think that only on the certificates to be given to brahmacarinis is it necessary to change the spelling, because on the brahmacari's certificate this word Srimate will be crossed out
- Spiritual advancement is not meant for magic shows and jugglery but for crossing the material world and being transferred to the spiritual world
- Sri Hanumanji crossed the Indian Ocean by jumping over the sea, and Lord Sri Ramacandra engaged Himself in marching over the bridge, but this does not mean that Hanumanji was more powerful than the Lord
- Such an ocean (of opulent desires) is not possible for an ordinary man to cross; nevertheless, by the grace of Lord Krsna, King Yudhisthira was able to cross it very easily, and thus he became freed from all anxieties
- The big avenues, crossings, lanes and streets, and also the thresholds of every residential house (of Dvaraka), were very clean
- The city (of Indra) was full of courtyards, wide roads, assembly houses, and not less than one hundred million airplanes. The crossroads were made of pearl, and there were sitting places made of diamond and coral
- The combination of living entities in different modes of material nature is called crossbreeding. The faithless atheists do not believe in the existence of God, and thus their paths of philosophy are contradictory
- The highways, lanes, streets, crossings and marketplaces (of Dvaraka city) were all beautifully decorated
- The human form of life gives the living entity a chance to cross the ocean of nescience, which is this material universe, and enter into the spiritual sky
- The inhabitants, being joyous, decorated their respective houses and shops with flags and festoons. The brahmanas chanted Vedic mantras at numerous places. The people constructed road crossings and gates at entrances to lanes and streets
- The jurisdiction of the Muslim government extended up to Pichalada. Due to fear of the Muslims, no one would cross the river
- The King also ordered them to maintain a new boat on the banks of the river, and wherever Sri Caitanya took His bath or crossed to the other side of the river, they should establish a memorial column and make that place a great place of pilgrimage
- The Lord's lotus feet are an indestructible boat, and if one takes shelter of that boat he can easily cross the ocean of nescience
- The maha-patra crossed the river with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when they reached the other shore, the Muslim governor personally received the Lord and worshiped His lotus feet
- The ocean of nescience is very difficult to cross because it is infested with many dangerous sharks
- The path of fruitive activities leads to difficult mountains, and sometimes the conditioned soul wants to cross these mountains, but he is never successful, and consequently he becomes more and more aggrieved and disappointed
- The Personality of Godhead Sri Ramacandra attempted to bridge the Indian Ocean to reach the island of Lanka, but Sri Hanumanji, the unalloyed devotee of the Personality of Godhead, could cross the ocean simply by jumping over it
- The roads of Kundina were arrayed with colored flags and festoons, and gates were constructed at particular crossings. The whole city was decorated very nicely
- The S P of Godhead has the form of sac-cid-ananda-vigraha (BS 5.1) - transcendental bliss, knowledge and eternity. I offer my respectful obeisances unto Him, who turns the dumb into eloquent speakers and enables the lame to cross mountains
- The spiritual master is the captain, and you take advantage. Your, this human body is a good boat. So good boat, favorable condition, good captain—take advantage of crossing this ocean. Otherwise you are committing suicide
- The spiritual master is there, the scripture is there, and God is there, within you and within me. The atmosphere is calm and quiet, we have a good boat and a good navigator, and the wind is blowing favorably. We should take our chance and cross the ocean
- The sun moves across the zodiac day and night and crosses the oceans between the seven islands one after the other
- The Vedas are described as setu, which means "a bridge." If one wants to attain his spiritual existence, one has to cross an ocean of nescience. The Vedas are the bridge by which to cross such a great ocean
- There were then many big palaces (in Varanasi), assembly houses, marketplaces and gates, with large and very important monuments by the palaces and gates. Lecturing platforms could be found at each and every crossroads
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of composing matrka. A matrka is like a crossword box, with three numbers in each row. If one adds any three from any side, it will come to nine. The matrkas are of different kinds and for different purposes
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned to study herbs and plants to discover how they would act as medicine for different ailments. By studying the different species of plants, They learned how to crossbreed plants and trees and get different types of fruit
- They (Krsna and Balarama) saw that all the crossroads were decorated with gold and that there were copper and brass storehouses for stocking grain. And there were many rich men's houses, all appearing symmetrical, as if constructed by one engineer
- They (Krsna and Balarama) studied the art of solving crossword puzzles, filling up the missing spaces and making complete words
- This divine energy of Mine (Krsna), consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it. This was actually proved by the behavior of Haridasa Thakura
- Those who are always full of cares and anxieties due to desiring contact of the senses with their objects can cross the ocean of nescience on a most suitable boat-the constant chanting of the transcendental activities of the Personality of Godhead
- We think that we have met Your Goodness by the will of providence, just so that we may accept you as captain of the ship for those who desire to cross the difficult ocean of Kali, which deteriorates all the good qualities of a human being
- We, the conditioned souls, have fallen in the ocean of nescience, but the human body fortunately provides us a good opportunity to cross the ocean because the human body is like a very good boat
- When Krsna was joking with Radharani in this way, Radharani moved her beautiful eyebrows crossly. Rupa Gosvami prays that everyone may become blessed by this movement of Srimati Radharani's eyebrows
- When one wants to cross a large ocean, he requires a strong boat. It is said that this human form of life is a good boat by which one can cross the ocean of nescience
- When Sri Krsna sees Srimati Radharani and wants to touch Her body, He prohibits Her from going to the spot where one can cross the river Yamuna
- When the meat-eater saw the coins, he was attracted to them. He then agreed, and that night he cut Sanatana's shackles and let him cross the Ganges
- While His father Vasudeva was crossing the Yamuna with the baby Lord Krsna for a safe place at Gokula on the other bank of the river from Mathura, the Lord fell down in the river, and by the dust of His lotus feet the river at once became sanctified
- With great care, Srikanta gave him a woolen blanket and helped him cross the Ganges. Thus Sanatana Gosvami departed again