Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
condemn | condemnable | condemnation | condemned | condemning | condemns
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Condemnation"
The following 214 pages are in this category, out of 214 total.
- According to Manu-samhita, when an animal is killed, eight persons become condemned with murdering charges
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati has condemned...
- Condemn and principles
- Condemned civilization
- Srila Narada Muni chastised Vyasadeva for compiling so many Vedic supplementary scriptures, which are all intended for guiding the people in general. Narada Muni condemned these scriptures because they do not mention direct devotional service
- A civilization in which there is no respect for the cows and brahmanas is condemned
- A devotee said, "In this state of consciousness I am so condemned that I cannot relish the transcendental ecstasy of remembering the S P of Godhead." In this statement there are two ecstatic loving humors, namely neutrality and ghastliness"
- A person who is devoted to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, is not afraid of anything. Elevation to the heavenly kingdom, condemnation to hell and liberation from material bondage all appear the same to a devotee
- A selfish man is not prepared to take to Krsna consciousness and is condemned by great devotees like Sukadeva Gosvami. In other words, possession of too many worldly riches is a disqualification for advancement in Krsna consciousness
- Actually these persons who are worshipers of demigods have been condemned in the Gita
- Actually we do not condemn. We simply ask people to do whatever they are doing in Krsna consciousness
- After all, he said, "Gopinatha Pattanayaka is your faithful servant. To condemn a servant to death is not good behavior"
- After mother Yasoda bound Krsna and became engaged in other household affairs, Krsna observed two yamala-arjuna trees, which were actually Nalakuvara and Manigriva, two sons of Kuvera who had been condemned by Narada Muni
- After returning to his home, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya consulted with his wife, the mother of Sathi. After personally condemning himself, he began to speak as follows
- After this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu saved Gopinatha Pattanayaka, the younger brother of Ramananda Raya, from being condemned to death by the King
- All the devotees condemned Ramacandra Puri, saying, "This sinful man has come here and taken our lives"
- Almost everything going on in this world as religion is devoid of any idea of devotional service and is therefore condemned by the verdict of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Although I am condemning the western mode of life, still, so many western young boys, they have come. I never came to speak to flatter you, that "Your western civilization is very nice." I never said that
- Although the justice of the peace awards capital punishment to a person condemned for murder, the justice of the peace cannot be blamed, because he orders violence to another person according to the codes of justice
- Animosity between parents and the Krsna consciousness movement has existed since time immemorial. Even Narada Muni was condemned, not to speak of others. Nevertheless, Narada Muni never gives up his mission
- Any materially elevated person can be condemned to an abominable species of life if he is not careful. It is a misconception that after reaching the human body one is never degraded
- Anyone who is within this material world, he is condemned
- Anyone who takes to devotional service is exalted, whereas a nondevotee is always condemned and abominable. Therefore in the discharge of devotional service to the Lord, there is no consideration of the status of one's family
- Arjuna arrested Asvatthama knowing perfectly well that he was the son of Dronacarya. Krsna also knew him to be so, but both of them condemned the murderer without consideration of his being the son of a brahmana
- As soon as Saturday is over and Sunday comes, they again begin their sinful activities, expecting to be forgiven the next Saturday. This kind of prayascitta, or atonement, is condemned by Pariksit Maharaja, the most intelligent king of his time
- Association with nondevotees is condemned because it is a formidable enemy on the path of devotional service
- Asvatthama failed to discharge the duties of a brahmana or teacher, and therefore he was liable to be rejected from the exalted position of a brahmana. On this consideration, both Lord Sri Krsna and Arjuna were right in condemning Asvatthama
- Ballal Sena's bankruptcy led to his condemnation of the suvarna-vanik class of Bengal
- Because Arjuna's lamentation was on the bodily concept of life. That bodily concept of life, in the very beginning of Krsna's instructions, it is condemned
- Being a householder or living with a wife and children is never condemned, provided one lives according to the regulative principles of varnasrama-dharma
- Both becoming addicted to sex life and associating with persons who are addicted to sex life are condemned in the Vedic literature because such association will simply interfere with one's spiritual progress
- Brahmaji condemns very vehemently the condition of the human being who does not take interest in the Personality of Godhead and His transcendental abode
- By His own free will, Lord Krsna has delivered you from such a condemned materialistic life. Therefore the glories of Lord Krsna’s causeless mercy cannot be expressed
- By the instigation of the fallen age of Kali, an unfortunate brahmana's son was employed to condemn the innocent Maharaja Pariksit
- By your unalloyed service to the Deities you are becoming more and more attracted to the spiritual world and seeing the material world as a condemned place of no happiness
- Condemnation to hell
- Condemnation upon the religious order
- Condemned by the laws of material nature
- Contact between man and woman was known as uttama and adhama. Contact of a brahmana with a ksatriya woman is uttama, but the contact of a ksatriya with a brahmana woman is adhama and therefore condemned
- Contemptuous sons are born of the condemned womb of their mother. In Bhagavad-gita (1.40) it is said, "When there is deliberate negligence of the regulative principles of religious life, the women as a class become polluted
- Cow-killers are condemned to rot in hellish life for as many thousands of years as there are hairs on the body of the cow
- Even a person perpetually condemned to the miseries of material existence can get relief from bondage if he simply agrees to hear only krsna-katha
- Even if by fruitive activity or worship of the demigods one is elevated to the higher planetary systems for sense enjoyment, his situation is condemned in Bhagavad-gita as antavat, perishable
- Everyone is condemned in this material world. But first-class condemned, second-class condemned, third-class condemned. So you'll find this first class, second class, third, you cannot stop it
- Everyone should be given freedom to live at the cost of the supreme father, and animal-killing - either for religion or for food - is always condemned by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- False ego is condemned, but not real ego
- Foolish human beings who do not endeavor to investigate the supreme beauty and opulence of the Lord are here condemned by Brahma
- For one who desires to advance in spiritual life, attachment to material opulence and attachment to a beautiful wife are two great impediments. Such attachments are condemned even more than suicide
- Foreseeing the incompetencies of the people in this age of Kali, or the iron age of quarrel, the sages requested that Suta Gosvami give a summary of all revealed scriptures because the people of this age are condemned in every respect
- From this statement of Indra it appears that anyone attempting to go to the higher planetary systems by mechanical means, which are here called maya, is condemned to go the hellish planets in the lower portion of the universe
- He (King Nrga) was very powerful and very pious, but due to the small mistake of unknowingly usurping a brahmana's cow, he was condemned to the abominable life of a lizard
- He (pure devotee) is not interested in the praise or condemnation of people engaged in material activities
- Householder is not bad. That is not condemned
- I (King Priyavrata) am not going to enjoy any more. Just see how I have become like a dancing monkey in the hands of my wife. Because of this, I am condemned
- I am dying without achieving the shelter of Krsna, and therefore I am greatly unhappy. Now this condemned foolish rascal has come to instruct me about Brahman
- I am lowborn. Indeed, I am the lowest. I am condemned, for I have all the characteristics of a sinful man. If You keep me alive, what will be the profit
- I am the lowest of men, the most sinful, fallen and condemned. Nevertheless, I desire to attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I cannot deny. I cannot say that "You are woman. You are condemned."
- I received report that he was talking privately in his room with a woman, and if anybody would try to come in, then he would get angry, saying get out, get out. What is this? In India private talks with woman are immediately condemned
- I was born in an inferior family, and my body is most abominable. I always engage in low work. Therefore, I am the lowest, most condemned of men
- If country does not get the facility of sunshine, it is considered that that country is condemned. It is shastric injunction. Any country which does not get the full facility of sunshine, it is to be considered condemned
- If one goes to Mathura-mandala-bhumi for sense gratification or to make a livelihood, he commits an offense and is condemned. Whoever does so must be penalized in the next life by becoming a hog or a monkey in Vrndavana-dhama
- If one worships demigods like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma to become more attached to Krsna, that is approved. But if one goes to the demigods for some personal benefit, that is condemned
- If we misuse our position and think that we are fully engaged in devotional service and can do whatever we like, we have to suffer like Bharata Maharaja and be condemned to accept the type of body that impairs our devotional service
- If you make your consciousness rosy, then your next life is rose flavor. And if you make your consciousness stool, then your next life is condemned
- If you want My happiness, please return to Nilacala. You will simply condemn Me if you say any more about this matter
- In every revealed scripture there is condemnation of fruitive activities. It is advised everywhere to give up engagement in fruitive activities, for no one can attain the highest goal of life, love of Godhead, by executing them
- In every sastra, cow killing is vehemently condemned. Indeed, one who kills a cow must suffer for as many years as there are hairs on the body of a cow
- In flattering a woman, in joking, in a marriage ceremony, in earning one's livelihood, when one's life is in danger, in protecting cows and brahminical culture, or in protecting a person from an enemy's hand, falsity is never condemned
- In India private talks with woman are immediately condemned. He is a good preacher, but it is very dangerous to close the door with woman, and then he becomes angry if anybody comes. Lust is so strong that if it is obstructed it turns into anger
- In Manu-samhita, the lawbook for mankind, it is supported that a murderer should be condemned to death so that in his next life he will not have to suffer for the great sin he has committed
- In modern human society, spiritual knowledge is neglected, and cow killing is encouraged. It is to be understood, then, that human society is advancing in the wrong direction and is clearing the path to its own condemnation
- In the above two verses of Rupa Gosvami there are some metaphorical analogies, which indirectly condemn the association of materialistic society, friendship and love
- In the Bhagavad-gita the worship of demigods is condemned but not forbidden; there it is clearly stated that less intelligent men worship the demigods for material benefit
- In the case of felling the gigantic arjuna trees, the Lord's mission was to deliver the two sons of Kuvera, who were condemned to become trees by the curse of Narada, as well as to play like a crawling child in the yard of Yasoda
- It is clearly stated here that one should try to be recognized by the Supreme Personality of Godhead by one’s service and devotion, without which the human form of life is condemned
- It is condemned in this sense, that those who are thinking that "I have got this temple. Let people come here out of sentiment and they'll pay, and it will be a source of income for my filling up belly..." This is most condemned
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Kamsa was a condemned personality in the Bhoja dynasty because he was envious and sinful
- Kindly tell Me where to find Krsna, the treasure of My life and best of My friends. Feeling separation from Him, I hereby condemn Providence, the shaper of My destiny
- Krishna provides everything, but we mismanage it. Even in this condemned world He has provided everything complete. He is so perfect
- Krsna continued, "Such requests by a ksatriya king have been deliberately forbidden by the learned Vedic followers. If a ksatriya breaks this regulation, his action is condemned by learned scholars"
- Krsna said, "A person who does not become abominable in the eyes of great persons cannot be condemned enough, and his refusal to give charity is lamentable throughout his whole life"
- Krsna says, "Criticism of Brahma's action by the demigods constituted a great offense on their part, and for this reason they were condemned to take birth as the sons of the demon Hiranyakasipu"
- Learned scholars and transcendentalists therefore condemn the materialistic path of fruitive activity because it is the original source and breeding ground of material miseries, both in this life and in the next
- Lord Brahma was very angry at his son’s impudence, & he showed signs which definitely proved this to be so. He was even prepared to condemn Bhrgu by cursing him, but because Bhrgu was his son, Lord Brahma controlled his anger with his great intelligence
- Lord Krsna said, "A person who takes away a brahmana's property, whether it was originally given by him or by someone else, is condemned to live for at least sixty thousand years as a miserable insect in stool"
- Lord Siva, being very kind to the ghosts, sees that although they are condemned, they get physical bodies. He places them into the wombs of women who indulge in sexual intercourse regardless of the restrictions on time and circumstance
- Man is attached to many miserable conditions, but nevertheless he accepts his condemned position as one of happiness. Sense enjoyment is so strong for such a person that he cannot give it up, exactly as a worm in stool cannot give up the stool
- Materialistic life means continuous unhappiness, but sometimes we accept happiness as it appears between the gaps. Sometimes a condemned person is submerged in water and hauled out. Actually all of this is meant for punishment
- Mayavadi philosophers, they abuse that Visnu's body is. Visnu comes, appears, He accepts a material body. That is condemned by Bhagavan in Bhagavad-gita
- Milk is the miracle food, and they are condemning by a scientific process
- Nakula began lamenting: "O, all auspiciousness to Krsna! I am so surprised to see that the condemned descendants of the Kurus, who so unlawfully occupied the throne of the Kuru kingdom, are at the same time criticizing Krsna with diplomatic devices"
- No work is condemned. Every work is dignified provided it is meant for Krsna
- Nor is a devotee very much disturbed or pleased by praise or condemnation from people in general
- Offering my obeisances to Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura, I shall try to describe that portion of the Lord's analysis which, when he heard it, made the Digvijayi feel himself condemned
- One day people suddenly came to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and informed Him, "Gopinatha Pattanayaka, the son of Bhavananda Raya, has been condemned to death by the bada-jana, the eldest son of the King, and has been raised on the canga"
- One householder devotee once said, "My Lord (Krsna), I am so wretched that these two eyes are never desiring to see the glorious city of Mathura. Therefore, my eyes are actually condemned"
- One should see to the root cause of vitiation and not try to condemn the system as it is, without knowledge of its scientific value
- One who considers the jiva-sakti and the visnu-tattva to be on an equal level is considered a condemned soul of the world
- One who follows the path of Ravana is condemned in two ways: his body is fit to be eaten by dogs and vultures, and the soul goes to hell
- Our policy is to live with devotees. Immediately return and live with devotees and take care of the Deities and Tulsi. That is our main business. My Guru Maharaja condemned living alone in a lonely place
- Our Vedic system was so nicely designed that automatically one will be elevated to the understanding of Brahman. This caste system is condemned because they have been vitiated by designing person
- People are being taught in this way, that "Work very hard day and night, earn money, and enjoy senses, nothing more." So this sort of civilization is condemned. The real civilization is that one has to control
- People cannot even follow systematically the material system so that you can live peacefully so long you are in this material world. The modern civilization is so condemned. They do not know even how to live peacefully
- Persons averse to a loving relationship with God are more or less condemned by their own actions
- Philosophical hodge-podge exists under the name of the Hindu religion, but the Krsna consciousness movement does not approve of it. Indeed, we strongly condemn it
- Ravana was condemned not only by Lord Ramacandra but even by his own wife, Mandodari
- Real civilization is that minimize work. Minimize work, save time, and go back to your spiritual life. That is civilization. And this is not civilization, to get the necessities of life, sense gratification, and work like hog and dog. That is condemned
- Recently this has been proven in America, where the president had to be condemned and dragged down from his post by the citizens. This is only one case, but there are many others
- Recently, the Christian world, they wanted support from the Pope of contraceptive method. That contraceptive method is condemned, but they want to be supported by the religious head
- Restraint is difficult, but it is possible if one fully surrenders to Krsna, since these abominable habits gradually become distasteful for a Krsna conscious person. If illicit sex is allowed to increase in a society, the entire society will be condemned
- Rukmini desired to have Krsna for her husband and therefore prayed that the deity (Durga) be pleased with her and bless her with that benediction. Since she desired only Krsna, her worship of the demigods is not condemned
- Rupa Gosvami composed his verse in such a way that he was seemingly praising the material association of friendship, love, etc., and was condemning the audience of Sri Murti or Govinda
- Sex life without this botheration, it is welcome. We welcome that. Sex is enjoyment; that is all right. But here (in sastra) it is condemned because it is entailed with so many botherations
- Since all the demigods are confidential devotee-servitors of the Lord, they are never to be condemned
- Slaughtering animals, either for religion or for food, is most abominable and is condemned herein. Unless one is merciless, one cannot sacrifice animals, either in the name of religion or for food
- So in the Visnu-rahasya these demigod worshipers are forcefully condemned by the statement that it is better to live with the most dangerous animals than to associate with these persons
- Some of them, who thought that they could not properly take action against Sisupala, left the assembly in protest, covering their ears with their hands in order not to hear further accusations. They left the meeting, condemning the action of Sisupala
- Sometimes a person caught in the blazing fire of material existence condemns himself, but due to his bodily conception he cannot get out of the entanglement, and thus he suffers more and more
- Sometimes people ask us, "Why are you utilizing material products if you condemn the advancement of material civilization"
- Srila Vyasadeva's compilation of different Vedic literatures on the basis of regulated performances of fruitive activities as depicted in the Mahabharata and other literature is condemned herewith by Srila Narada
- Success in yoga is not acquisition of mystic power, which is condemned in the previous chapter, but, rather, freedom from all material designations and situation in one's constitutional position. That is the ultimate achievement in yoga practice
- Such nondevotees are compared to chained animals, for they are not able to go beyond the jurisdiction of the formalities of a certain type of faith. In the Bhagavad-gita they are condemned as veda-vada-rata
- That a murderer is condemned to a death sentence by the state is good for the culprit because in his next life he will not have to suffer for his act of murder
- That is our concern: how the world is misdirected. That we are challenging, this Krsna consciousness. It is not that "East," "West," "you," "I." Everyone is a victim. Bhagavata says, prayena kalau asmin yuge janah: "In this age everyone is condemned"
- The "communal form of Krsna Consciousness" which you mention is not approved by me. It is all concoction. My Guru Maharaja condemned this practice. We must stay together and vigorously preach the Krsna Consciousness philosophy to the world
- The administrative heads as a class will condemn the tenets of Vedic wisdom and will prefer to conduct a so-called secular state, and the so-called educated brahmanas will be purchased by such unscrupulous administrators
- The brahmana continued, "I therefore condemn Arjuna for his false promise, and I also condemn his celebrated bow Gandiva and his impudence in declaring himself greater than Lord Balarama, Lord Krsna, Pradyumna and Aniruddha"
- The brahmanas thus began to condemn their own activities. They realized that in spite of being so elevated by birth, education and culture, they still were under the spell of the illusory energy
- The conditioned souls, who are condemned due to their forgetfulness of the Lord, are put under the control of the external potency when she creates the material world
- The first-class materialists (the Mayavadis) imagine five specific forms of the Lord, but when they try to equate the worship of such imaginary forms with bhakti, they are immediately condemned
- The gopis are so much engaged in the transcendental loving service of Radha and Krishna that they are condemning the creator, Lord Brahma for not knowing how to make perfect eyes
- The gopis began to condemn the activities of Akrura. Stating that he was taking Krsna, who was more dear than the dearest to them & who was the pleasure of their eyes. He was being taken from their sight without their being informed or solaced by Akrura
- The great devotee Uddhava once wrote a letter to Krsna, "But still, in spite of my reputation, my knowledge is condemned, because although enjoying the effulgence of Vedic knowledge"
- The idea that someone can become God by meditation is ridiculous. By hard endeavor one may realize his godly nature, but he will never become God. The asuras, or demons, who think that anyone can become God, are condemned
- The King (Priyavrata) thus began criticizing himself: Alas, how condemned I have become because of my sense gratification! I have now fallen into material enjoyment, which is exactly like a covered well. I have had enough!
- The learned Kasyapa could foresee the character of the sons who would be born of the condemned womb of Diti
- The learned Kasyapa could foresee the character of the sons who would be born of the condemned womb of Diti. The womb was condemned because of the mother's being too sexually inclined and thus transgressing all the laws and injunctions of the scriptures
- The Lord never forgives a person who condemns His pure devotee
- The Lord's holy name certainly has the potency to neutralize all sinful activities, but if one repeatedly and intentionally commits sins while chanting the holy name, he is most condemned
- The Lord, by His causeless mercy, descended as his (King Vena's) son, by the name of Prthu, delivered the condemned King Vena from hell, and exploited the earth by drawing all kinds of crops as produce
- The mammonist philosophy of "work very hard and enjoy sense gratification" is condemned by the Lord
- The materialistic way of life is based on sex life. Thus both becoming addicted to sex life and associating with persons who are addicted to sex life are condemned in the Vedic literature
- The Nectar of Devotion is not presented to condemn any way of materialistic life, but the attempt is to give information to religionists, philosophers and people in general how to love Krsna
- The pasandis condemn this movement, and sometimes they accuse Vaisnavas from foreign countries of being not bona fide
- The personified Vedas condemn the impersonal conception as a gross misrepresentation
- The pure devotee, however, is always callous to praise or condemnation by ordinary people. Actually, the devotee's activities are on the transcendental plane
- The Vedic assertion is that one should think he is Brahman, for actually he is Brahman. If brahma, or the Vedic spiritual science, is condemned, and the brahmanas, are condemned, then where does human civilization stand
- The Vedic system does not condemn anyone. "You are a potter. Oh, you are lower." No. You are as good as a priest because you are doing your duty. That's all right. Never condemns
- The whole Vedic philosophy of life is that one should get rid of the material encagement of gross and subtle bodies, which only cause one to continue in a condemned life of miseries
- The wives of Krsna were so much attached to Him that they would lie in bed embracing Him, and as soon as the cocks crowed, Krsna's wives would be very sorry and would immediately condemn the crowing
- The wives of the demigods condemn the performers of sense gratificatory activities as vancita, cheated. Those so engaged are actually killing themselves
- The womb was condemned because of the mother's being too sexually inclined and thus transgressing all the laws and injunctions of the scriptures. In a society where such women are predominant, one should not expect good children
- The worshipers of demigods are condemned both in Bhagavad-gita and in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- There is a purpose for the exhibition of such a tendency by Brahma (the tendency to enjoy his own daughter), and he is not to be condemned like an ordinary living entity
- There may be rivalries & apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated not condemned. This is Vaikuntha competition. There is no question of enmity between servants
- There may be rivalries and apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated, not condemned
- These Bowery Street men, they are lying on the footpath. They are satisfied. Condemned condition, but they are satisfied. We should not be satisfied in that way. That is very wretched condition
- They (gopis) condemned Brahma, the creator of the body, because he foolishly made eyelids which blinked and checked their seeing Krsna
- They (the brahmanas) began to condemn themselves after seeing the faith and devotion of their wives
- This age of Kali, we are condemning so much. But even the demigods, they, I mean to say, highly eulogize this Kali-yuga. Why? Oh, here is a great opportunity. Simply by chanting Hare Krsna, simply by this sankirtana movement, all interest is served
- This compromising spirit of Vyasadeva is directly condemned by Narada, who advises him to directly proclaim that the prime necessity of human life is to realize one's eternal relation with the Lord and thus surrender unto Him without delay
- This life should be utilized. Now we are conscious, Krsna conscious. It should be so utilized that no more coming back to United States of America and no more coming back of this condemned earthly planet. That should be the aim
- This metaphorical analogy is constructed in such a way that things which seem to be eulogized are condemned, and things which are to be condemned are eulogized
- This prayasa, endeavor for economic development, na kartavyam, don't do it. Here is a revolution against this modern civilization. They are simply after economic development, and here it is condemned
- This woman (Diti), my wife, has adopted a means that follows her nature, and therefore she is not to be blamed. But I (Kasyapa Muni) am a man. Therefore, all condemnation upon me!
- Those who are condemned, those who want to try to lord it over, they are imprisoned within the walls of material universe. So their number is very small
- Those who shed tears by practice but whose hearts have not changed are to be known as stone-hearted devotees of the lowest grade. Their imitation crying, induced by artificial practice, is always condemned
- Thus condemned by the brahmana, Arjuna empowered himself with a mystic yoga perfection so that he could travel to any planet to find the brahmana's baby
- Two hours later, in a quiet place, Pradyumna regained consciousness, and when he saw that he was in a place other than the battlefield, he addressed the charioteer and condemned him
- Udara-dhih means one who has a broader outlook. People with desires for material enjoyment worship small demigods, and such intelligence is condemned in the Bhagavad-gita as hrta jnana, the intelligence of one who has lost his senses
- Unfortunately the impersonalists or the atheistic class of men consider Krsna to be an ordinary man like themselves, and so they deride Him. This is condemned in the Bhagavad-gita by the Lord Himself when He says, avajananti mam mudhah
- Unfortunately, by the instigation of the fallen age of Kali, an unfortunate brahmana's son was employed to condemn the innocent Maharaja Pariksit, and so the King had to prepare himself for death within seven days
- Unfortunately, even some so-called Vaisnavas enviously refuse to cooperate with this movement but instead condemn it in so many ways
- Unfortunately, without Krsna consciousness, these material assets sometimes become sources of sin and degradation. Despite Vidyadhara’s being a demigod and having a beautiful body, he was condemned to the body of a snake due to pride
- Upon hearing Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the atmarama verse, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was struck with wonder. He then understood Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be Krsna in person, and he thus condemned himself in the following words
- Vedic system does not condemn anyone
- Vidyadhara himself stated that even though he was a demigod he was condemned to become a serpent. But because he was touched by the lotus feet of Krsna, he immediately came to Krsna consciousness
- Vidyadhara was a materially elevated demigod, and he was very beautiful. He also held a great material position and was able to travel all over by airplane. Yet he was condemned to become a serpent in his next life
- We are in high brahmana families, we have ceremoniously received the sacred thread, and we are also properly initiated by a spiritual master. But, alas, in spite of all these advantages, we are condemned. Even our observance of brahmacarya is condemned
- We are only a fractional portion of all the living entities in the many universes of the material world. Those who are in the material world and material body are condemned. For example, the population in prison is condemned by government
- We cannot compare that Krsna's body and my body, this body, material, is the same. That is condemned in the Bhagavad-gita, avajananti mam mudha (BG 9.11): "Those who are fools, rascals, they deride at Me, thinking Me as ordinary human being."
- We do not condemn modern civilization but we don't like to get it at the cost of God Consciousness; that is suicide
- We don't condemn. We don't say that don't manufacture this microphone. Yes. Microphone-use. But use it for declaring glories of the Lord. Then it is fully utilized. That is our process, Krsna consciousness
- We don't mind whether you are communist, capitalist, this ist, that ist. We want to see whether you are utilizing your human intelligence for right purpose. We don't condemn anyone
- We have got so many examples and experiences life that what is eulogized by some of our friends, it is condemned by others. So whole thing, our perfection of any act, that should be certified by the Supreme Lord
- We have to be determined to go back to Godhead, to Krsna, where going nobody will come to this condemned place. One should know that this is a condemned place. Unless one is fully convinced that this is a place, condemned, one cannot make progress
- We take it sunlight is very important. Actually very important because through sunlight the whole universe is maintained. It is sunlight. As soon as there is shortage of sunlight, the place becomes immediately condemned
- When British rule came, their Lord Macaulay's private report was that "If you want to keep them as Indian Hindu, you will never be able to rule over." So it was British government's policy to condemn everything Indian
- When one is ashamed of an abominable action, one naturally becomes down-faced. Diti came to her senses after the abominable sexual intercourse with her husband. Such sexual intercourse is condemned as prostitution
- When unhappiness, fearfulness and the sense of having offended combine, one feels condemned. This sense of condemnation is described as dinata, humility
- Where is He who is the real medicine to save Me from dying of heart disease? I must condemn Providence, for he has caused Me so many tribulations by separating Me from Krsna
- While traveling, I (Vidyadhara, the serpent) saw a great sage named Angira. He was very ugly, and because I was very proud of my beauty, I laughed at him. Due to this sinful act, I was condemned by the great sage to assume the form of a serpent
- Yasoda thought, "Therefore let a curse be on this milk! And I also am condemned because although I am so opulent in material prosperity"
- You cannot make one classless. That is not possible. So long the bodily concept of life is there, there must be these three classes. High class, middle class and lower class. So those who are condemned, they must suffer. Everyone is condemned
- You do not think that only woman is woman. The man is also woman. Don't think that the woman is condemned; man is not. Woman means enjoyed, and man means enjoyer. So this feeling, this feeling is condemned
- You have been a little bit perturbed that the demons are eternally condemned, and I thank you very much that you have been compassionate with the demons. That is the sign of Vaisnavism
- You have made me Your carrier Garuda, although I am no better than a condemned crow. Thus You are the independent Personality of Godhead, the original Lord
- You have to actually forget this material world, that "This is a condemned place," and you cannot forget this unless you have got ideal place before you
- You'll find Vyasadeva has written so many books, each book so valuable, instructive, but still he was condemned