comparison | comparisons | comparative | comparitive
- VedaBase query: comparison or comparisons or comparative not "no comparison" not "nothing in comparison" not "nothing compared with" not "nothing comparable to" not "nothing compared to" not "nothing compares to" not "never be compared to" not "nobody can compare" not "never to be compared" not "cannot be compared"
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Comparison to a Devotee of God (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Figurative (16 P)
- ► Incomparable (1 C, 5 P)
- ► No Comparison (2 C, 27 P)
- ► To That Of (29 P)
Pages in category "Comparison"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- Ajamila continued: I am a shameless cheater who has killed his brahminical culture. Indeed, I am sin personified. Where am I in comparison to the all-auspicious chanting of the holy name of Lord Narayana?
- Although Krsna's army was tiny in comparison to Jarasandha's, not a pinch of His strength was lost, whereas all of Jarasandha's men were killed
- Although the residents of Vrndavana did not know much about Krsna, their love for Him was beyond comparison
- Although there is no comparison between the two qualities of independence, the living entity is minutely independent, and the Supreme Lord is fully independent
- Any comparison of the different parts of the Lord's body to different material objects cannot factually be a complete comparison
- As eternally unchangeable, the soul remains atomic in comparison to the infinite Supreme Soul
- At one time, Kesavaji-mandira was attacked by the emperor Aurangzeb, who constructed such a big mosque there that the temple of Kesavaji was insignificant in comparison
- At present I am living in New Vrindaban. It is a very nice place, but there is no facility of modern amenities. It is completely aloof from city life, and we have to adopt so many things. In comparison to city life it is very inconvenient
- He is a perfect yogi who, by comparison to his own self, sees the true equality of all beings, both in their happiness and distress, O Arjuna! BG 6.32 - 1972
- Here, a comparison is made to the person undergoing austerities for fulfillment of a material desire. The flourishing condition of the earth after the rainy season is compared to the fulfillment of material desires
- I am glad to learn that you have now become steady in comparison with your flickering past life. The association of devotees is the most important element in learning Krishna Consciousness way of life
- I received the plan of my house in Mayapur from Bombay address. I do not approve of this plan just yet. I liked one plan which I saw in London. Where is that original plan? Then I can make comparison
- In both cases the comparison is equally good because both of them (Brahma and Yudhisthira) are recognized representatives of the Supreme Lord, and thus both of them have to maintain mental equanimity, being engaged in welfare work for the living being
- In comparison to mundane workers, those who are trying to be elevated to the higher planetary systems by performing yajnas are undoubtedly superior. In pure devotional service, however, both karma and jnana are considered bewildering features
- In comparison to other countries, there are so many facilities in America. At least, one can earn money like anything. So people are inclined to become citizen. But that is not easy, even within this planet. So how you will easily enter moon planet
- In comparison to the vastness of space, these material lumps are like dust particles in the air. Because God has kindly made these lumps of matter complete in themselves, they are perfectly equipped with all necessities for floating in space
- In comparison to Western countries, we are poverty-stricken. That's all right. But still we have gift. We have to give something which is so brilliant. This is Krsna consciousness
- In higher states of spiritual life, one can break even promises also, but they are devotees of comparative merit
- In the beginning of your letter your comparison of the soldier and commander is very appropriate. We are on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, one side Maya, the other side Krsna
- In Vedic literature, there is always comparison, analogy, with moon, moon-faced, candra-mukhi. There are so many. The best thing is compared with the moon. We have named Mayapur-candra. Mayapur-candrodaya Mandira
- Indeed, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya continued, "at the Govardhana-puja ceremony You ate stacks of rice. In comparison to that, this small quantity is not even a morsel for You"
- It is our duty to remember always that in comparison to Dhruva Maharaja we are insignificant. We cannot do anything like what Dhruva Maharaja did for self-realization because we are absolutely incompetent to execute such service
- It is said that even one drop of happiness in Krsna consciousness stands beyond comparison with an ocean of happiness derived from any other activity
- Serving the Lord in transcendental love yields such transcendental pleasure that, in comparison, sense gratification is counted as insignificant
- She (Rukmini) also addressed Krsna as Jagatpati, the master of the whole cosmic manifestation. In comparison, her brother (Rukmi) was only an ordinary prince
- Spiritual feelings of happiness and intense ecstasies have no mundane comparison. Therefore it is very difficult to give expression to such feelings. We can just have a glimpse of such ecstasy in the words of Sri Narada Muni
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Even Maha-Laksmi, the greatest of all goddesses of fortune, hankers to render Him some service. In comparison to all these women of the universe, what are we? We are very insignificant"
- Sudama thought, "How can there be any comparison between me, a poor, sinful brahmana, & the S.L Krsna, who is the only shelter of the goddess of fortune? considering me a brahmana, with heartfelt pleasure He embraced me in His two transcendental arms
- The comparison is made herein that making offerings to the Lord is something like offering a lamp in the worship of the sun-god
- The comparison of the friction of forest bamboos to that of passionate human societies is appropriate. The whole world is compared to a forest. At any moment there may be a flare-up of fire in the forest due to friction
- The conception of comfortable life in heaven is insignificant in comparison to the happiness enjoyed in the impersonal Brahman
- The heat created by the flash of a brahmastra resembles the fire exhibited in the sun globe at the time of cosmic annihilation. The radiation of atomic energy is very insignificant in comparison to the heat produced by a brahmastra
- The living entities, they are compared with the sparks, and the Supreme Lord as the big fire. So the big fire, that is the comparison. And the small sparks, both of them are fire. But sometimes the sparks fall down from the big fire. That is our falldown
- The poetical comparison of Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda to the sun and moon is very significant
- The radiation of atomic energy is very insignificant in comparison to the heat produced by a brahmastra. The atomic bomb explosion can at utmost blow up one globe, but the heat produced by the brahmastra can destroy the whole cosmic situation
- The same Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is easily available to the vision of the residents of Vrndavana. This means there is no comparison to these devotees' great fortune
- The showers of flowers are compared to the stars. His yellow garments are compared to the rainbow. So all these activities of the firmament, being impossible simultaneous factors, cannot be adjusted by comparison
- The word 'ittham-bhuta' is transcendentally exalted because it means 'full of transcendental bliss.' Before this transcendental bliss, the bliss derived from merging into the existence of the Absolute becomes like a piece of straw in comparison
- There are different types of great personalities - some are positive great personalities, some comparative and some superlative - but King Prthu exceeded all of them
- There is an intimate relationship between the swan and the lotus stem. So the comparison is very appropriate: without becoming a swan, or paramahamsa, one cannot enter into the network stem of the lotus feet of the Lord
- There is no comparison. The Christians, they can present only one small Bible, and the Muslims they can present one little Koran. But here, the Vedic culture is so great that we can simply give you sixty volumes like this only for Srimad-Bhagavatam
- There is no control by the trained agent of the Lord. We must look into the defects of modern civilization by comparison here, and should follow in the footsteps of Maharaja Yudhisthira to cleanse man and wipe out anachronisms