Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
compare | compared | compares | comparing |comparable
- VedaBase query: compare or compared or compares or comparing or comparable not "compare to" not "compared to" not "comparing to" not "compares to" not "comparable to" not "compare with " not "compared with" not "comparing with " not "compares with " not "comparable with"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Compare"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- If you are slaughtering animals and you are comparing that killing of the vegetables and the killing of the animals is the same, then killing your son and killing an animal is also the same. Why do you discriminate?
- Narottama dasa Thakura compares the paths of karma-kanda and jnana-kanda to pots of poison
- Above all, because she was engaged in the service of Lord Krsna - although at that time she (Rukmini) was old enough to have grown-up sons - her beautiful body was beyond compare in the three worlds
- After comparing all these mystic yoga-siddhis to materialistic perfections, we find that the materialistic scientists try for the same perfections
- Among the gopis of Vrndavana, Srimati Radharani and another gopi are considered chief. But when we compare the gopis, it appears that Srimati Radharani is most important because Her real feature expresses the highest ecstasy of love
- At present, compared to other countries on earth, India is artificially disturbed. Despite these material disturbances, however, the country's culture is such that one can easily attain the goal of life - namely salvation
- If one tastes such love of Godhead, he can compare it to hot sugarcane. When one chews hot sugarcane, his mouth burns, yet he cannot give it up
- If we compare the sentiments in an impartial mood, we find that the conjugal sentiment is superior to all others in sweetness
- Immediately send the translation work to me in Bombay or you can read it yourself, compare with the original book and if possible re-write or copy and send it to me at the Bombay address
- In the English dictionary when you consult the word God, it is stated there, "the Supreme Being." What is that Supreme Being? We are all living being, but amongst ourself there is comparative, superlative positions
- In the mediocre category - the human form of life - spiritual consciousness is comparatively awakened. In the superior life forms, spiritual consciousness is fully awakened
- In the rays of the moon, different material entities appear to be comparatively more or less important. The light of the moon on the Taj Mahal appears to be more beautiful than the same light in the wilderness
- In this way, Krsna is endowed with all opulences, transcendental qualities and mystic powers. No ordinary living being can compare to Him
- In this way, Rukmini compared the position of Rukmi with that of Krsna and very feelingly pleaded with her husband not to kill her brother just at the auspicious time of her being united with Krsna, but to excuse him
- Indeed, His complexion is so pleasing that it attracts the eyes and minds of everyone, and it is so powerful that it defies all comparison
- Lord Brahma compared himself to a little child within the womb of his mother. If the child within the womb plays with his hands and legs, and while playing touches the body of the mother, is the mother offended with the child? Of course she isn't
- Lord Jagannatha is completely spiritual and full of transcendental bliss, but you have compared Him to a dull, destructible body composed of the inert, external energy of the Lord
- Love of Godhead is the eternal nature of the soul; it is unchangeable, beginningless and endless. Therefore temporary sense gratification or a desire for liberation cannot compare with the transcendental nature of love of God
- No material planet, even Satyaloka, is comparable in quality to the spiritual planets, where the five inherent qualities of the material world - namely ignorance, misery, egoism, anger and envy - are completely absent
- No one's austerities can compare to the service of the queens at Dvaraka. Sukadeva Gosvami informed Maharaja Pariksit that for self-realization the austerities and penances performed by the queens at Dvaraka have no comparison
- No, I am not Caitanya Prabhu. I am not.... Why you are comparing me? I am an ordinary man
- One can compare the long duration of life of the inhabitants of Brahma's planet, which is inconceivable to the inhabitants of this planet earth, to the categorical value of the brain of Brahmaji, also inconceivable to any great scientist of this planet
- One cannot compare the lusty desires of a materialistic man to the transcendental lusty desires of Krsna
- One should never compare the sleeping of an ordinary living entity to the sleeping of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the Causal Ocean. There is no stage at which the living entity can compare to the Supreme Person
- One who has attained a specific planet by dint of pious activities attains places in terms of his comparative pious activities
- Ramananda Raya continued, "Please therefore hear from me about the glories of Srimati Radharani's loving affairs. They are beyond compare within these three worlds"
- Ramananda Raya humbly submitted himself as a puppet before Lord Caitanya, the puppet master. He only wanted to dance according to the will of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He compared his tongue to a stringed instrument
- Rupa Gosvami states that there are two competitors in loving Krsna - Radharani and Candravali. When they are compared, it appears that Radharani is superior, for She is mahabhava-svarupa
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has compared possessing these bhukti (material) and mukti (liberation) desires with being influenced by the black art of a witch: in both cases one is in trouble
- Such ecstatic love is palatable, and expert critics have compared such ecstatic love with a mixture of curd, sugar candy and a little black pepper. The combined taste is very palatable
- The chivalrous princes assembled there were so overwhelmed by Rukmini's beauty that they became almost unconscious and fell from their horses and elephants. Full of lust, they hopelessly desired Rukmini's hand, comparing their own beauty to hers
- The comparison of the friction of forest bamboos to that of passionate human societies is appropriate. The whole world is compared to a forest. At any moment there may be a flare-up of fire in the forest due to friction
- The dancing of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, like the dancing of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, cannot be compared to anything within these three worlds
- The diseases that attack the body are compared here to soldiers. These soldiers are not ordinary soldiers, for they are guided by the King of the Yavanas, who acts as their commander-in-chief
- The gopis, who are beyond compare in their affection for Krsna, were seen to worship Durga. The worshipers of demigods sometimes mention that the gopis worshiped goddess Durga, but we must understand the purpose of the gopis
- The idea expressed in this statement is that the gopis were comparing their attraction for Krsna to an attack by demons
- The lady continued, "The beauty of the Lord is beyond compare. No one is higher than or equal to Him in beauty of complexion or bodily luster"
- The mental speculators compare everything from the standpoint of experimental knowledge of their own selves. Thus when the Lord is found to act like an ordinary person in matrimonial bondage, they consider Him to be like one of them
- The mercy bestowed upon the tried devotee by the Supreme Personality is described as brahma, which indicates that the greatness of that mercy can be compared only to the all-pervasive greatness of Brahman
- The populations on all the different planets began to feel the heat excessively and compared it to that of the samvartaka fire. No planet, therefore, is without living beings, as less intelligent materialistic men think
- The rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis is on the platform of yogamaya. The difference between the platforms of yogamaya and mahamaya is compared in the Caitanya-caritamrta to the difference between gold and iron
- The same queen continued, "Can’t He (Krsna) be happy with any other wife? Does it mean that the goddess of fortune has the ocean of love for Him and none of us can compare to her?"
- The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination, but such fascination is compared by the poet Vidyapati as a drop of water of the ocean
- The symptoms of the rainy season may be compared to the symptoms of the living entities who are covered by the three modes of material nature
- The Vaisnava philosophers use a very appropriate example, comparing this material world to an earthen pot. When we see an earthen pot, it does not at once disappear and turn into something else
- The visnu-tattvas are not to be compared to deities like Brahma and Siva, nor are they on the same level. Anyone who compares them is called a pasandi, or infidel
- The word pasanda is very significant here. One who compares the Supreme Personality of Godhead to the demigods is known as a pasanda. Pasandas try to bring the Supreme Lord down to a mundane level
- These different offenses are progressively greater in degree. An offense committed within the mind is a positive offense, the same offense committed verbally is comparatively more grave & when committed by bodily action it is superlative in offensiveness
- They (the gopis) became the greatest lovers of Krsna, and His most obedient servitors. Nothing can compare with the Krsna consciousness of the gopis
- Those who are advanced in knowledge, they are comparatively happy in this world, and those who are ignorance, they are not happy
- To read nonsense ordinary literature and books or newspaper is compared just like the pleasure place of the crows. The crows, they are very much attached to the rejected refuse, garbage
- We cannot compare that Krsna's body and my body, this body, material, is the same. That is condemned in the Bhagavad-gita, avajananti mam mudha (BG 9.11): "Those who are fools, rascals, they deride at Me, thinking Me as ordinary human being."
- When one compares the beauty, opulence, sweetness and intellectual pastimes of Vasudeva, the warrior, to Krsna, the cowherd boy, son of Nanda Maharaja, one sees that Krsna's attributes are more pleasant
- When the ass begs for sexual intercourse, he is kicked by the fair sex, yet he still follows the female for such sexual pleasure. A henpecked man is compared, therefore, to the ass
- When we compare a material man of wealth to one wealthy in devotional service to Radha and Krsna, the latter is found to be the greatest capitalist
- When we compare the laborer class of men with intellect, intellectual class of men, there is difference. But both of them are important factors to maintain this body. That is called varnasrama-dharma
- Women are generally known as the fair sex, and especially in youth, at the age of sixteen or seventeen, women are very attractive to men. Therefore a woman's face is compared to a blooming lotus flower in autumn