"called for" | "calls for" | "call for" | "calling for" | "called to" | "calls to" | "call to" | "calling to" | "called by"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Called For"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A carpenter is called to fight? A cow slaughterer is called to preside over the meeting? What is this? One must be fit for the business
- Actually, our students are divinity students; there is no doubt about it, and there is a law that divinity students can not be called by the draft, so why should you not take advantage of it?
- After giving these instructions, Gopala disappeared, and Madhavendra Puri awoke. He immediately called for all the servants of Gopinatha, and they came before him
- All the people of the village then called for the elderly brahmana and brought him to their meeting place. The young brahmana then began to speak before them as follows
- Although calling for his son, he (Ajamila) was unknowingly chanting the name of Narayana, and the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is so transcendentally powerful that his chanting was being counted and recorded
- Among the sura-stri, the women of the heavenly planets, there are many devotees, such as the mother of the Upendra incarnation of Krsna. It was such devoted women who were called for in this connection
- As a matter of inquisitiveness, she (Prtha) at once called for the sun-god, who desired couplement with her, but she declined. But the sun-god assured her immunity from virgin adulteration, and so she agreed to his proposal
- As soon as Kunti called for the demigod of the sun, he immediately appeared before her, and she was very much surprised
- As soon as one's service is recognized by Krishna, he is immediately called, "Please come here.'' That is the verdict of the Vedic literature
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "let us take this prasada to our full satisfaction and glorify Your Lordships Sri Sri Radha and Krsna and in love call for the help of Lord Caitanya and Prabhu Nityananda"
- By no means could Ramacandra Khan find any fault in the character of Haridasa Thakura. Therefore he called for local prostitutes and began a plan to discredit His Holiness
- Haridasa Thakura was strictly renounced, and thus Ramacandra Khan called for prostitutes because prostitutes know how to break a man's vow of celibacy by their feminine influence and thus pollute a mendicant or a person engaged in devotional life
- He (Rukmi) called for his own soldiers - a military phalanx consisting of several thousand elephants, horses, chariots and infantry - and equipped with this military strength, he began to follow Krsna to Dvaraka
- He (Vrtrasura) called to the heroes of the demons, "O Vipracitti! O Namuci! O Puloma! O Maya, Anarva and Sambara! Please hear me and do not flee"
- He called for Prahasta, Atikaya, Vikampana and finally Kumbhakarna. Then he induced all his followers to fight against the enemies
- His (Krsna's) wonderfully enchanting smile is so attractive and the movements of His eyebrows are so beautiful that He can call for any woman from the heavenly, middle or Plutonic planets
- I called for the SPG, desiring a son like Him, and I thought of Him only. But although He is far beyond the mental speculation of man, all three of you have come here. Kindly let me know how you have come, for I am greatly bewildered about this
- I propose to perform a name-giving ceremony. We should observe a festival and call for the brahmanas because today is very auspicious
- I remember when I was first called for speaking by one of my senior Godbrothers. I felt very much hesitating because I was not practiced to speak
- If every time someone feels something they call for changing everything, then all that I have done will very quickly be lost, so for the time being there shall be no such changes as you have arranged, until I study the matter thoroughly
- If the building fund is being nicely raised, that is all right and you may stay in Calcutta. If not, then when I go to Gorakhpur I shall call for you from there, but if fund raising business is going on nicely, you can stay
- If women, who are usually very much attached to their husbands, worship their husbands as representatives of Vasudeva, the women benefit, just as Ajamila benefited by calling for Narayana, his son
- Seeing the extraordinary mystic power of Krsna, Indra, the King of heaven, was thunderstruck and baffled in his determination. He immediately called for all the clouds and asked them to desist
- She (Prtha) also served the great mystic sage Durvasa, and being satisfied by her faithful service, Durvasa Muni gave her a mantra by which it was possible for her to call for any demigod she pleased
- Somehow or other Ajamila was attached to the name Narayana. This is called ajnata-sukrti. Although calling for his son, he was unknowingly chanting the name of Narayana
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu blessed a maidservant named Duhkhi with the name Sukhi. He called for Kholaveca Sridhara and showed him His maha-prakasa. Then He called for Murari Gupta and showed him His feature as Lord Ramacandra
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first of all called for Kasi Misra, then for the superintendent of the temple, then for Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Srivasa Thakura called for all the respectable gentlemen of the neighborhood and smilingly addressed them as follows
- The American boys, who have simply been trained as sudras, are not at all fit to fight in battle. Therefore, when they are called to join the military, they refuse because they do not have ksatriya spirit
- The great sages then called for the Queen Mother, Sunitha, and with her permission they installed Vena on the throne as master of the world. All the ministers, however, disagreed with this
- The scientist, who puts forward the theory of stopping death by advancement of scientific knowledge, becomes himself a victim of death when he is called by Yamaraja
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna, whose glories and activities are pleasing to hear, at once appears on the seat of my heart, as if called for, as soon as I (Narada) begin to chant His holy activities
- Then Lord Nityananda Prabhu called Raghunatha dasa near Him, placed His lotus feet upon Raghunatha dasa's head and began to speak
- Thereafter, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu reached the Kazi's house, He sat down by the doorway and sent some respectable persons to call for the Kazi
- They called for a sweeper (hadi), who threw all the items of worship far away and cleansed the place by mopping it with a mixture of water and cow dung
- Thus one day the elderly brahmana called for a meeting of all his relatives and friends, and before them all he narrated what had taken place in front of Gopala
- When Ajamila chewed food and ate it, he called the child to chew and eat, and when he drank he called the child to drink also
- When He (Lord Nityananda) was injured by these two brothers (Jagai and Madhai), Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very, very angry, and He immediately called for His cakra to kill these sinners
- When Jagannatha Misra saw the wonderful marks on the sole of his son, he became very joyful and privately called for Nilambara Cakravarti
- While mother Saci was feeding the child from her breast, she saw on His lotus feet all the marks that were visible on the floor of the room, and she called for Jagannatha Misra