Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bless | blessers | blesses | blessing | blessings
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Caitanya's Blessings (17 P)
- ► Radharani's Blessings (1 P)
Pages in category "Blessings"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total.
- A disciple who has actual love for his spiritual master is endowed, by the blessings of the spiritual master, with all confidential knowledge
- According to scriptural injunction one should be very careful of transgressing the law of maryada-vyatikrama because by so doing one loses his duration of life, his opulence, fame and piety and the blessings of all the world
- All the demigods in the heavenly planets became very satisfied and showered flowers on the transcendental body of Balarama, and they also offered their blessings and congratulations for His having killed the great demon Pralambasura
- And at last my ever-willing blessings are bestowed upon Syamasundara, Brahmananda, Hayagriva, Satsvarupa, Devahuti, Jadurani, Muralidhara, Bharadvaja and Pradyumna, etc., for their hard labor in different ways to make this publication a great success
- Any saintly person would come, my father would simply say, "Give blessings to my son that he may become a Radharani's servant." That was my father's prayer. He never prayed that "My son may become very rich man."
- Anyone who takes to the worship of the Supreme Lord automatically receives the blessings of the goddess of fortune
- Astonished by the ghastly scene, the cowherd boys began to praise Balarama with the words "Well done!" All of them then embraced Balarama with great affection, thinking that He had returned from death. They offered their blessings & congratulations
- At the end of the festival Minaketana Ramadasa went away, offering his blessings to everyone. At that time he had some controversy with my (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami's) brother
- At the end of the festival Minaketana Ramadasa went away, offering his blessings to everyone. At that time he had some controversy with my brother
- Because he (Kamsa) was very much afraid of his death, he was thinking of Krsna in that form twenty-four hours a day, without stopping - even while eating, while walking and while breathing - and naturally he got the blessing of liberation
- Because Krsna is self-sufficient, He does not require anyone's blessings, yet Nanda Maharaja thought that Krsna required the blessings of the brahmanas
- Bhadram te, or "blessings upon you," indicates the sages' anxiety to know the Absolute Truth from the speaker
- Blessings of the acaryas
- By the blessings of a great soul one becomes materially opulent, but when one gives up attachment to material wealth, that should be considered an even greater blessing from the great souls
- By the blessings of a Vaisnava, everything is possible
- By the blessings of Parasara, Satyavati became fragrant for miles
- By the pleasure of the spiritual master, one can get extraordinary power, especially in spiritual advancement. The blessings of the spiritual master are more powerful than one's personal endeavor for such advancement
- Daksa underwent severe penances up to the fifth manvantara. Thus at the beginning of the sixth manvantara, known as the Caksusa manvantara, Daksa regained his former opulence by the blessings of Lord Siva
- Dronacarya accepted him (Arjuna) as a first-grade scholar and loved heartily to bestow upon him all the blessings of military science
- Due to such heart-to-heart embracing, torrents of tears glided down their (all the Yadus and the residents) cheeks. The juniors were offering obeisances to the elders, and the elders were offering their blessings to the juniors
- He (Balarama) came before Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda and offered His respectful obeisances. In response, mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja offered their blessings unto Him
- He (Rantideva) was especially hospitable to Vasistha Muni, and by his blessings only he attained the higher planetary residence. He is one of those pious kings whose names are remembered in the morning and evening
- He (Vrkasura) asked Lord Siva bless him with such power that as soon as he would touch anyone’s head, it would immediately crack and the man would die
- Hiranyakasipu underwent a severe type of penance to become eternal in life, but his worshipful deity, Brahma, could not satisfy him with such blessings
- Human civilization and all activities thereof must be dovetailed with the supreme blessing of the Lord, and without this blessing all advancement of human civilization is like decoration on a dead body
- I have no objection to marriage, but to bless it by a fire sacrifice, that I am thinking that if they don't stay together, then it is not good. But if they can remain together for one year, then there can be fire sacrifice
- If guru-vaisnava blesses, even a crow can become a peacock. There is vast ocean of difference between peacock and crow. Still, by guru-vaisnava, a crow can become a peacock
- If someone has a sentiment for getting the blessings of Ganesa in order to get large amounts of money for Krishna's service, then it is alright, but anyone who takes up this kind of worship must send me at least 100,000 dollars monthly—not less
- If you have some sentiment to get the blessings of Ganesa in order to get huge sums of money for service of Krishna, then it can be done, but privately
- In one sense if your wife has actually left you it is a blessing. Better to prepare yourself for sannyasa rather than vanaprastha
- In our material existence we accept a higher form of life as a blessing and a lower form as a curse
- In the course of our preaching work, we sometimes see that materialistic persons come to us and offer their obeisances to take blessings, which means they want more and more material opulences
- Isvara Puri received the blessing of Madhavendra Puri, whereas Ramacandra Puri received a rebuke from him
- It is very difficult to give up material opulence, land, children, society, friends, riches, wife or the blessings of the goddess of fortune, which are desired even by great demigods
- It was certainly a great blessing of the Supreme Personality of Godhead that King Anga could give up the attachment and go out to the forest without being seen by anyone
- Kasyapa meant that householders living with wives enjoy the heavenly blessings of sense enjoyment and at the same time have no fear of going down to hell
- Krsna continued, "My dear friend, you may remember that many such incidents occurred while we were in the asrama of our spiritual master. Both of us can realize that without the blessings of the spiritual master no one can be happy"
- Krsna said, "Both of us (Krsna and Sudama) can realize that without the blessings of the spiritual master no one can be happy"
- Krsna said, "By the mercy of the spiritual master and by his blessings, one can achieve peace and prosperity and be able to fulfill the mission of human life"
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami petitions the blessings of Lord Gopinatha: "May that Gopinatha, the master of the gopis, Krsna, bless you. May you become blessed by Gopinatha"
- Kuvera, the treasurer of the demigods, whose only business is to supply immense riches to persons within this materialistic world, is described as the king of kings because unless one is blessed by Kuvera one cannot become a king
- Laksmi holds in her two hands lotus flower and offers blessings with the other hand like you see with the murtis of Radha Krsna with palm open and facing forward
- Let us forget our past difficulties and in Krishna Consciousness, if anyone faces difficulties, it is considered as blessings, because without tapasya, or voluntarily accepting some inconveniences, nobody can realize the Transcendence
- Long life, obedience, good reputation, righteousness, prospects of being promoted to higher planets, and blessings of great personalities are all vanquished simply by disobedience to a great soul
- Lord Krsna took charge of Aniruddha and Usa, who had become very opulent materially because of the blessings of Lord Siva. Thus, keeping forward a division of one aksauhini of soldiers, Krsna proceeded toward Dvaraka
- Lord Sri Krsna has therefore stated in the Bhagavad-gita that to take blessings from the demigods is less intelligent because when one takes benedictions from the demigods the results of such benedictions are temporary
- Material civilization without the blessing of the Lord is child's play only. As long as the parents allow the child to play, it is all right. As soon as the parents withdraw, the child has to stop
- My dear King, when a man persecutes great souls, all his benedictions of longevity, beauty, fame, religion, blessings and promotion to higher planets will be destroyed
- My father also trained me and instructed me to his best capacity, and he prayed for me that Radharani may be pleased upon me, and I think by my father's blessings and grace, I may have come to this position
- My father was Vaisnava. He was Vaisnava, and he wanted me to become a Vaisnava. Whenever some saintly person would come, he would ask him, "Please bless my son that he can become a servant of Radharani." That was his prayer
- O lotus-eyed one, kindly bless me by fulfilling my desire. When someone in distress approaches a great person, his pleas should never go in vain
- One must be able to pass the test of the spiritual master, and when he sees the genuine desire of the disciple, he automatically blesses the disciple with genuine spiritual understanding
- One should not be displeased when a saintly person curses someone, for his curse, indirectly, is a blessing
- One usually becomes liberated and perfect by executing the regulative principles set down in the sastras. Nonetheless, many persons have achieved perfection simply by the blessings of a spiritual master or superior
- One who worships Caitanya by sacrificing his life, money, intelligence and words for the sankirtana movement is recognized by the Lord and endowed with His blessings. All others may be said to be foolish
- One's duration of life, blessings, opulence, etc., are decreased by sinful acts, and the most dangerous type of sinful act is unrestricted sex
- Prahlada Maharaja refused direct service but he wanted blessing that he may be engaged in the service of his spiritual master. This is Vasnava conclusion
- Prayers to the Six Goswamis, 1968 - Sri-caitanya-krpa-bharau: "They were so kind and merciful because they actually received the blessings and mercy of Lord Caitanya"
- Ravana, for example, was a great worshiper and devotee of Lord Siva, and in return he got all the blessings of goddess Durga, so much so that his whole kingdom was constructed of golden buildings
- Rukmini continued, "And when he comes in direct contact with Your service, the goddess of fortune agrees to bestow all her blessings"
- Sages are naturally inclined to do good to the common man, and when they see a personality like Maharaja Pariksit advance in devotional service, their pleasure knows no bounds, and they offer all blessings in their power
- Sandipani muni continued, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are above all blessing, yet it is my duty to bless You. I therefore give You the benediction that whatever You speak will remain as eternally fresh as the instructions of the Vedas"
- Similarly, in Navadvipa city all the professional dancers, musicians and blessers gathered together, dancing in great jubilation
- Some offered Him (Balarama) respects by standing up and then paying obeisances, and those who were elderly great sages and brahmanas offered Him blessings after standing up
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confidentially prayed, mama janmani janmanisvare bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki tvayi: "My Lord, please bless Me with Your devotional service. I do not want anything else"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested all His personal associates to bless Rupa Gosvami so that he might continuously describe the pastimes of Vrndavana, which are full of emotional love of Godhead
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has given a blessing to all persons who hear the narration of the killing of Putana by Krsna: they will surely attain the favor of Govinda
- Sukadeva Gosvami addressed King Pariksit thus, "My dear King, Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva, the principal trio of the material creation, are able to bless or curse anyone"
- The brahmanas are supposed to give blessings to the vaisyas (farming and merchant caste), and Krsna presented Himself as the son of Maharaj Nanda, a vaisya; so the brahmana boy was right in giving blessings to Krsna
- The brahmanas, who were completely expert in chanting the Vedic hymns, were all yogis fully equipped with mystic powers. Whatever blessings they spoke were certainly never fruitless
- The comments by Mr. Keating are very nice, he offers us his admiration and his blessings for our selfless work, and that is a very great compliment coming from such an important man
- The gopis dressed themselves very luxuriantly and sat in bull-driven carts, chanting the glories of Krsna's pastimes. The brahmanas, assembled there to act as priests for Govardhana-puja, offered their blessings to the cowherd men and their wives
- The inhabitants of Naimisaranya offered their heartfelt blessings to the Lord, and all agreed that none of Lord Balarama's attempts to do something would ever be a failure
- The Lord can bestow the blessings of transcendental pleasure upon either the visitor of the temple, the meditator-yogi or one who hears about the Lord's transcendental form from scriptures like the Srimad-Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita
- The Lord does not bestow material blessings upon the devotees, for they may be entrapped again in this material world by continuous birth, death, old age and disease
- The Lord said, "You have committed an offense at the lotus feet of Srivasa Thakura, first you must go there and beg for his mercy, and then if he gives you his blessings and you do not commit such sins again, you will be freed from these reactions"
- The lord, being very merciful, quickly awards all the blessings the devotee asks of him. The demons take advantage of this leniency and sometimes take benedictions from Lord Siva which can be very dangerous to others
- The materialistic persons, they are after blessing for some material benefit. They are not after Krsna. That is another offense. Therefore to go to guru or to accept a guru, there should not be any material purpose
- The Nagapatnis said, "Even the goddess of fortune underwent severe austerities just to have the blessing of the dust of Your (Krsna's lotus feet, so how is it that Kaliya is so easily getting this dust on his head?"
- The whole day spent at your Temple on Thursday was so pleasant, and happy that all my disciples felt celestial blessings in your association
- There may be caste brahmanas, and we have all respect for them, but their birth in brahmana families does not mean that they are qualified to bestow blessings upon the other members of human society. This is the verdict of the sastras
- This is Rupa Gosvami's blessings, that Within your heart, let Saci-nandana be seated
- This kindness of your nation will cause the blessings of Lord Caitanya to be showered upon them and the higher section of American people will all of them become Krsna conscious
- Those devotees who take blessings from the demigods are also infected with the material qualities, especially passion and ignorance
- We accept as blessings different states of higher life, distinguishing them from lower states of life, but we should know that such distinctions exist only in relation to the interchange of the modes of material nature
- Whatever position I have got it is by guru's mercy and the Vaisnavas' blessings, otherwise I am insignificant. So I wish that Sridhara Maharaja may bestow his blessings as he was doing always, and my Guru Maharaja may help me
- When a man persecutes great souls, all his benedictions of longevity, beauty, fame, religion, blessings and promotion to higher planets will be destroyed
- When brahmanas are free from envy, untruthfulness, unnecessary pride, grudges, disturbance by the opulence of others, and false prestige, their blessings never go in vain
- When Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami took permission from all the Vaisnavas before writing Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Gopala Bhatta Gosvami also gave him his blessings, but he requested him not to mention his name in the book
- When Srinivasa Acarya went to see Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, the Gosvami blessed him by embracing him. Srinivasa Acarya requested his blessings for preaching in Bengal, and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami granted them
- When the beautiful princesses of the serpent kings, hoping for the Lord's (Ananta) auspicious blessing, smear His arms with aguru pulp, sandalwood pulp and kunkuma, the touch of His limbs awakens lusty desires within them
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead becomes angry or kills a demon, materially this may appear unfavorable, but spiritually it is a blissful blessing upon him