Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bank | banked | banker | bankers | banker's | banking | banks | bank's
- The places where we put deposit money, not the bank of the river.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Banks"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 200 total.
- A living entity who unknowingly falls in this river is submerged in its waves, and since the current is swifter near the banks of the river, he is unable to get out. What will be the benefit of performing fruitive activities in that river of maya?
- A mango tree on the bank of the Ganges drinks the water, and the nimba tree also drinks the same water. But the fruits of both trees are different. One is celestially sweet, and the other is hellishly bitter
- Acaryaratna (Candrasekhara) and Srivasa Thakura were overwhelmed with joy, and immediately they went to the bank of the Ganges to bathe in her waters. Their minds full of happiness, they chanted the Hare Krsna mantra and gave charity by mental strength
- Accompanied by some respectable brahmanas, Balarama decided to visit different places on the bank of the river Sarasvati. He gradually visited such places as Prthudaka, Bindusara, Tritakupa, Sudarsana-tirtha, Visala-tirtha, Brahma-tirtha and Cakra-tirtha
- After discussing with Vidura the transcendental name, fame, qualities, etc., on the bank of the Yamuna, Uddhava was overwhelmed with great affliction. He passed the night as if it were a moment, and thereafter he went away
- After testing Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Lord Visnu, Bhrgu Muni returned to the assembly of great sages on the bank of the river Sarasvati and described his experience
- After this, Lord Krsna and the gopis came out of the water and began to stroll along the bank of the Yamuna, where a nice breeze was blowing, carrying the aroma of different kinds of flowers over the water and land
- All the confidential devotees who were cowherd boys, headed by Sri Ramadasa, were absorbed in ecstatic love. They thought the bank of the Ganges to be the bank of the Yamunas
- All the cows, bulls and small calves became overwhelmed with grief, and they began to look at Him with great anxiety. Out of fear they could only cry in agony and stand erect on the bank, unable to help their beloved Krsna
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana, being disturbed, began to search out Krsna by following the impression of His footprints on the ground, and thus they moved hastily toward the bank of the Yamuna
- All the sages who assembled on the bank of the river Sarasvati to try to determine who is the supreme predominating deity became freed from all doubts about Visnu worship
- Along the way he (Svayambhuva Manu) saw the prosperity of the tranquil seers' beautiful hermitages on both the charming banks of the Sarasvati, the river so agreeable to saintly persons
- Although the vaisyas can take to any of these occupations (agriculture, trade, protection of cows and banking), the men of Vrndavana were engaged primarily in the protection of cows
- Another devotee in ecstatic reverential affection once said, "When will that glorious day in my life come when it will be possible for me to go to the bank of the Yamuna and see Lord Sri Krsna playing there as a cowherd boy"
- Arjuna felt tired and thirsty from hunting, and therefore he went to the bank of the Yamuna along with Krsna
- As soon as Brahma left, Lord Sri Krsna immediately returned to the bank of the Yamuna and rejoined His calves and cowherd boyfriends, who were situated just as they had been on the very day they had vanished
- As treasurer of the branch, you will sign the checks of our banking account there jointly along with the president or secretary
- At this age Krsna enjoyed the rasa-lila, exhibiting His power of joking with the cowherd girls and enjoying their company in the bushes of the gardens by the bank of the Yamuna
- Balarama also visited all the holy places on the bank of the Sarasvati River running toward the east. He visited all the principal holy places on the bank of the Yamuna and on the bank of the Ganges. Thus He came to the holy place known as Naimisaranya
- Balarama gradually reached the asrama of the sage Pulaha and from there went to the rivers Gandaki and Gomati. After this He took His bath in the river Vipasa. Then He gradually came to the bank of the Sona River
- Balarama said, "The Ganges water inundates the whole world, and since it emanates from His lotus feet, its banks have turned into great places of pilgrimage"
- Because of the movements of the water, the trees on the bank of a river, when reflected on the water, seem to move. Similarly, when the eyes move because of some mental derangement, the land appears to move also
- Being afflicted by the arrow of Cupid and unhappily regretting His mistreating Srimati Radharani, Madhava, Lord Krsna, began to search for Her along the banks of the Yamuna River
- Being overwhelmed with great pleasure, all the devotees hastily went to see the Lord (Caitanya). They met Him on the banks of the celebrated lake called Narendra-sarovara
- By the arrangement of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the rivers on some planets produce gold on their banks
- Each center should send their magazine money directly to my BKF Account in Bombay Central Bank of India
- Early in the morning, the gopis used to go to the bank of the Yamuna to take a bath. They would assemble together and, holding one another's hands, loudly sing of the wonderful pastimes of Krsna
- Even by taking a loan from the bank. The idea is we must finish Vrndavana temple construction work on or before Janmastami ceremony
- Everyone is engaged in earning money, and the money is kept in the bank, which then offers money to the public. In this cycle of activities, everyone is engaged in getting more and more money
- Everything belongs to the brahmanas, but the ksatriya government and the mercantile people keep everything in custody, like bankers, and whenever the brahmanas need money, the ksatriyas and vaisyas should supply it
- Find out from the bank manager what the balance of these two accounts are and send the information to me immediately. Also, what is the progress with the municipal affairs?
- Further, $200.00 may be transferred to my account in the Trade Bank And Trust Co. at 4th street for purchasing some musical instruments for Mr. Jonathan Altman. This month as usual the check may not be sent to him but advice may be sent to him
- Gauridasa Pandita was the younger brother of Suryadasa Sarakhela, and with the permission of his elder brother he shifted his residence to the bank of the Ganges, living there in the town known as Ambika-kalana
- Generally it is said that the King (Pariksit) took shelter on the bank of the Ganges, but according to Srila Jiva Gosvami, the King took shelter on the bank of the Yamuna
- Haridasa Thakura was born in a village known as Budhana but after some time came to live on the bank of the Ganges at Phuliya, near Santipura
- He (Vidura) passed through very wealthy provinces like Surat, Sauvira and Matsya and through western India, known as Kurujangala. At last he reached the bank of the Yamuna, where he happened to meet Uddhava, the great devotee of Lord Krsna
- He returned home with an unhappy mind, but on the next day he met Lord Caitanya on the bank of the Ganges and spoke to Him
- Her (Putana's) breasts appeared like small hills, and her hair was a vast reddish bush. Her eye sockets appeared like blind wells, and her two thighs appeared like two banks of a river. Her two hands appeared like two strongly constructed bridges
- His (Bhagavata Acarya's) monastery, which is situated in Varahanagara, about three and a half miles north of Calcutta on the bank of the Ganges, still exists, and it is managed by the initiated disciples of the late Sri Ramadasa Babaji
- I am greatly relieved to hear from you that the bank is likely willing to loan us Rs. 5 lakhs or Rs. 10 lakhs. That is the ideal solution. Best thing is to take loan
- I am writing you because I have not received any letter from either of you regarding the banking business with Liberty Bank, Honolulu
- I belong to a community of cowherd boys, and therefore I generally have many cowherd associates with Me. I am happy when we eat together in a picnic like this by the sandy bank of the river
- I came by the path on the bank of the Ganges, whereas Sanatana Gosvami came by the public road. Therefore we did not meet
- I have received a letter from the Bombay secretary, Aditya dasi, requesting me to sign a number of legal forms for the bank. Neither you or Gopala Krsna have even signed or initialled an approval, so how can I sign these forms?
- I have received the letter of Mr. Altman and I shall act according to his desire. So you can transfer $200.00 for Altman and $6000.00 altogether $6200.00 to my savings account No. 19282 at the Trade Bank And Trust Company
- I quite approve your proposal that if the money is used for establishing Bombay center, the donors will not be encouraged. In that case you can open an account with the Central Bank of India in the name of ISKCON
- I think whatever money is received from the Book Fund or for my personal account may be immediately deposited in my savings account No. 12410 with the Equitable Savings Bank at Fairfax and Beverly, and monthly statements may be submitted to me
- I think you should send United Shipping Corporation the price in advance of the sitar, and for the balance they can make their invoice. The balance may be deposited in the Hawaii bank, and ask the United Shipping Corporation to send the documents
- I will have the papers sent through Lloyd's bank as I have an account with them in London. So you can find out the Lloyd's branch there. You can deposit all monies received from sales of the saris in the Lloyd's Bank
- If a bird happened to even pass over the spot, it would immediately die and fall down into the water. Due to the poisonous effect of the Yamuna’s vapors, the trees and grass near the bank of the Yamuna had all dried up
- If I earn money, then how to invest it to make it double? Then how to keep it? Which bank I shall keep it so that my money will be safe? How I shall distribute it? So abhadra. Abhadra means the whole procedure is simply abominable
- If the conveyance is not yet signed or there is difficulty, then immediately take back the money from the attorneys (3 lakhs), and make a fixed deposit with the bank for six months
- If you still have any desire to enjoy the company of your friends within this material world, then don't look upon the form of Krsna, who is standing on the bank of Kesi-ghata
- In business field, if the bank sees that you have got fifty percent, they will advance. If you have got fifty percent, any transaction, you want to do some business
- In India there are still many magnificent places for spiritual understanding; there are many rsis and saintly persons living in nice cottages on the banks of the Ganges and Yamuna for purposes of spiritual cultivation
- In Padyavali Radharani told Her companion, "My dear friend, I was just going to the bank of the Yamuna, and all of a sudden a very nice boy whose complexion is like a dark blue cloud became visible in front of My eyes"
- In reference to your proposal that you switch banks in order to get higher rates that should be investigated very carefully that the bank is very reliable
- In regards to your questions in the letter of May 8, Caitanya Mahaprabhu was going to see the temple of Visesvar and hundreds and thousands of people were following Him. He was chanting Hari! Hari! It was not on the bank of the Ganges
- In the city of King Puranjana, the branches of the trees standing on the bank of the lake received particles of water carried by the spring air from the falls coming down from the icy mountain
- In this way the Lord (Krsna) and the gopis reached the cool, sandy bank of the Yamuna, where there were lilies and lotus flowers. In such a transcendental atmosphere, the gopis and Krsna began to enjoy one another
- In this way, all the gopis returned to the bank of the Yamuna and assembled there
- It is an old system among Indian girls and women that when they take a bath in the river they place their garments on the bank and dip into the water completely naked
- It is said that Thakura Bilvamangala resided on the banks of the Krsna-venva river, which is also called the Vina, the Veni, the Sina and the Bhima
- It is understood that in a higher planetary system in this material world, the mud on the banks of the Jambu-nadi mixes with jambu juice, reacts with the sunshine in the air, and automatically produces huge quantities of gold
- It so happened that Nimai Pandita met Kesava Kasmiri while strolling on the banks of the Ganges. The Lord requested him to compose a Sanskrit verse in praise of the Ganges, and the pandita within a short time composed a hundred slokas
- Jagannatha Acarya, the fiftieth branch of the Caitanya tree, was an extremely dear servant of the Lord, by whose order he decided to live on the bank of the Ganges
- Jagannatha Misra, the fifth son of Upendra Misra, decided to reside on the bank of the Ganges at Nadia
- Just as I am doing. Sometimes I go to the bank, sometimes keep accounts, sometimes preach, hold the class, write books, sometimes cook, sannyasi should be expert in all departments, and he should distribute his experience to others, that's all
- Just like a bank clerk or a bank cashier should be satisfied with his post and the wages he gets. He should be satisfied. If God pleases he will be elevated to higher position. That is God's grace. But we should not be disturbed
- Kalindi said, "Lord Krsna then took me away from the bank of the Yamuna, and since then I have been engaged in the house of Lord Krsna as a sweeper. And the Lord is treating me as His wife"
- King Pariksit affords a good example of bhava. When sitting on the bank of the Ganges waiting to meet his death due to the curse of a brahmana boy he said...
- King Rahugana, ruler of the states known as Sindhu and Sauvira, was going to Kapilasrama. When the King's chief palanquin carriers reached the banks of the River Iksumati, they needed another carrier
- Krsna and Sridama were very intimate friends, yet Sridama, out of anger with Krsna, challenged Him. When both of them began to fight, all the friends on the bank of the Yamuna enjoyed the wonderful fighting of the two friends
- Krsna had left His friends on the bank of the Yamuna while they were engaged in lunch, and although He returned exactly one year later, the cowherd boys thought that He had returned within a second. That is the way Krsna's different energies act
- Krsna identified Himself with the vaisya community because Nanda was protecting many cows & Krsna was taking care of them. He enumerated four kinds of business engagements for the vaisya community, namely agriculture, trade, protection of cows & banking
- Krsna, who advented Himself just to kill all undesirable elements in the world, immediately climbed up into a big kadamba tree on the bank of the Yamuna. The kadamba is a tree bearing round yellow flowers that is generally seen only in the Vrndavana area
- Long, long ago, there was an assembly of great sages on the bank of the river Sarasvati who performed a great sacrifice of the name Satra
- Lord Balarama next came to the bank of the river Narmada, the biggest river in central India. On the bank of this sacred Narmada is a pilgrimage spot known as Mahismati-puri
- Lord Balarama took permission from the brahmanas assembled at Naimisaranya and, accompanied by other brahmanas, went to the bank of the river Kausiki
- Lord Balarama turned toward southern India and visited the banks of the river Godavari. After taking His bath in the river Godavari and performing the necessary ritualistic ceremonies, He gradually visited the other rivers the Vena, Pampa and Bhimarathi
- Lord Caitanya advised Rupa Gosvami on the bank of the Ganges at Prayaga, that only the most fortunate souls can obtain the seed of devotional service, by the mercy of the Personality of Godhead and His bona fide representative
- Lord Krsna and the gopis came out of the water and began to stroll along the bank of the Yamuna, where a nice breeze was blowing, carrying the aroma of different kinds of flowers over the water and land
- Lord Krsna said, "We belong to the vaisya community, and our proper duty is to farm, to trade with the agricultural produce, to protect cows or to take to banking"
- Lord Krsna, in spite of searching for the calves, could not find them, and He even lost His boyfriends on the bank of the Yamuna, where they had been taking their lunch
- Maharaja Pariksit sat down firmly on the banks of the Ganges to concentrate his mind in Krsna consciousness, rejecting all other practices of self-realization
- Maharaja Pariksit, after having selected Krpacarya for guidance as his spiritual master, performed three horse sacrifices on the banks of the Ganges
- Maharaja Pariksit, just after receiving the news of his death within seven days, at once retired from family life and shifted himself to the sacred bank of the Yamuna River
- Moonlight filled the sky and spread everywhere, and thus the banks of the Yamuna appeared very bright and pleasing, and Lord Balarama enjoyed the company of the gopis there
- My dear friend, if you are indeed attached to your worldly friends, do not look at the smiling face of Lord Govinda as He stands on the bank of the Yamuna at Kesighata
- My dear Raghunatha dasa, He said, since you arranged the feast on the bank of the Ganges, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came here just to show you His mercy
- Narada Muni recommends that Dhruva Maharaja go to the bank of the Yamuna, where there is a forest of the name Madhuvana, and begin his meditation and worship there
- Narada said, "Sometimes it is seen that persons living on the bank of the Ganges do not consider the Ganges very important, and they go far away to take their baths at a place of pilgrimage"
- No one should be depressed by thinking that he will never be out of the clutches of matter, for there is every possibility of being rescued, exactly as it is possible for a log, which is floating down a river, to come to rest on the bank
- O my beloved friend Vrnda, where are you coming from? "I am coming from the feet of Sri Hari." "Where is He?" "In the forest on the bank of Radha-kunda." "What is He doing there?" "He is learning dancing." "Who is His master?"
- On the bank of the Ganges, in a solitary place, Advaita Acarya made a cavelike home for Haridasa Thakura and spoke to him about the real meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita in terms of devotional service
- On the bank of the river Bhimarathi is the deity called Svami Karttikeya. After visiting Karttikeya, Lord Balarama gradually proceeded to Sailapura, a pilgrimage city in the province of Maharastra
- On the bank of the Yamuna, once there was the crackling sound of dry leaves, giggling from the cowherd boys and thundering from the sky. Sridama was tightening his belt to fight with Krsna, the conqueror of the demon Agha
- Once on a full moon night the Lord was sitting on the bank of the Ganges with His many disciples and discussing literary topics
- Once when Renuka, the wife of Jamadagni, went to the bank of the Ganges to get water, she saw the King of the Gandharvas, decorated with a garland of lotuses and sporting in the Ganges with celestial women (Apsaras)
- Once when Srimati Radharani was standing on the bank of the Yamuna River in the forest of Vrndavana, She was attacked by Krsna, who was stronger than She
- Once, these two demigods (Nalakuvara and Manigriva), desiring to enjoy, entered the garden of Lord Siva in the province of Kailasa on the bank of the Mandakini Ganges
- One day a girl of the name Laksmi, the daughter of Vallabhacarya, came to the bank of the Ganges to take a bath in the river and worship the demigods
- One day while Krsna was awaiting the arrival of Srimati Radharani by the bank of the Yamuna, He began to make a garland of kadamba flowers
- One day, after finishing his morning duties - evacuating, urinating and bathing - Maharaja Bharata sat down on the bank of the River Gandaki for a few minutes and began chanting his mantra, beginning with omkara
- One gopi said, "My dear friend, whose hand is this touching my body (Krsna was touching her body)? I had become very afraid after seeing the darkened forest on the bank of the Yamuna, but suddenly the touch of this hand has saved me from hysterical fits"
- One may be submerged in the waves of the river of maya, but one may also get free from the waves by coming to the banks of knowledge and austerity. Near these banks, however, the waves are very strong
- One of the friends once said, "My dear cowherd friends, the sound of Krsna's flute from above Govardhan Hill is telling us that we need not go to search Him out on the bank of the Yamuna
- One's greatness has to be estimated by one's ability to tolerate provoking situations. The sages gathered on the bank of the river Sarasvati concluded that one who wants actual peace & freedom from all fear should take shelter of the lotus feet of Visnu
- Others, who could not get a place even on the bank of the Ganges, got down into the water and began eating their two kinds of chipped rice
- Out first business is to preach to the devotees and to maintain the highest standard of Vaisnava education. Management must be there as well, just as I am preaching daily from S. Bhagavatam, B.G., but I am also going to the bank, making investments, etc
- Regarding the letter of credit, I beg to inform you that I have got good accounts in some of the very respectable banks in America in which there are branches in Calcutta
- Rupa Goswami set aside 50% of his accumulated money for God, 25% for the relatives, family members, and 25% he kept in some village banker or the original bankers, for emergency
- Sannyasi simply means to do as I am doing, and sometimes I have to manage, sometimes cook, sometimes go to the bank, keep the money, write books, chant, preach in the class, keep accounts - sannyasi should be expert in every department
- Seeing the lunar eclipse and laughing, Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura immediately went to the bank of the Ganges and bathed in the river in great jubilation
- Similar feelings were expressed by the gopis when they were going to the bank of the Yamuna and saw Krsna's footprints in the dust
- Similarly, Haridasa Thakura chanted in his cave on the bank of the Ganges with the intention of causing Krsna's descent
- Since leprosy is an infectious disease, Gopala Capala left the village to sit down on the bank of the Ganges underneath a tree. One day, however, he saw Caitanya Mahaprabhu passing by and spoke to Him as follows
- Since the season was springtime, the breeze on the bank of the Yamuna was blowing very mildly, carrying the aroma of different flowers, especially the flower known as kaumudi
- Sitting on a rock under a tree on the bank of the Ganges, Lord Nityananda seemed as effulgent as hundreds of thousands of rising suns
- So far as the money is concerned, it is not meant for banking, but it is meant for spending. Our policy should be to collect millions of dollars or more than that daily, and spend it daily
- So what I can do? Brahmananda Maharaja informs me that Jayatirtha told him on the telephone that the money was sent. So you have to check with the bank why it is not yet received. But why the work should be stopped?
- Society's means of living is clearly mentioned here as visa, or agriculture and the business of distributing agricultural products, which involves transport, banking, etc. Industry is an artificial means of livelihood, and large-scale industry especially
- Some of the brahmanas, not having gotten a place on the platform, went to the bank of the Ganges with their two earthen pots and soaked their chipped rice there
- Something done in Krsna consciousness, knowing or not knowing, it will have its effect. These children who are bowing down, or trying to vibrate "Krsna", or clap, these things are being accumulated in bank account of Krsna consciousness
- Sometimes it is seen that cranes and ducks meander continually on the banks of the lakes and rivers, although the banks are filled with muddy garbage and thorny creepers
- Sometimes Sridama used to address Krsna, "Oh, You are so cruel that You left us alone on the bank of Yamuna, and we were all mad from not seeing You there! Now it is our great fortune that we are able to see You here"
- Sometimes they felt diseased from their separation from Krsna, and being so greatly disappointed, they were aimlessly wandering on the banks of the Yamuna
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to lament by saying, "Where is Sri Krsna, whose form is curved in three places? Where is the sweet song of His flute, and where is the bank of the Yamuna?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the bank of the Krsna-venva River, where He visited many holy places and the temples of various gods
- Srimati Radharani appeared there (at the bank of the Yamuna), and at that time Murari (Krsna), the enemy of Mura, glanced over Radharani very sweetly
- Thakura Saranga dasa used to worship the Supreme Lord in a secluded place on the bank of the Ganges
- The asura is concerned with how much wealth he has in the bank today and how it will increase tomorrow, but unrestricted accumulation of wealth is not permitted either by the sastra or, in the modern age, by the government
- The BBT is in the Gwalior Tank Road Branch, Central Bank of India, but Gargamuni Maharaja says you have opened another account in the Indian Overseas Marine Lines. Please let me know what is this idea? I never knew of it
- The city of Hastinapura stands today on the bank of the Yamuna, & the statement of Srimad-Bhagavatam that Yudhisthira went to bathe in the Ganges indicates, therefore, that during the time of the Pandavas the river Yamuna was also known as the Ganges
- The Gautami-ganga is a branch of the river Godavari. Formerly a great sage named Gautama Rsi used to live on the bank of this river opposite the city of Rajahmundry, and consequently this branch was called the Gautami-ganga
- The goddess is worshiped by preparing a doll made of sand from the bank of the Yamuna
- The gopis continued, "O blackberries and bael trees and trees of the kadamba flower - you are all very pious trees to be living on the bank of the Yamuna. Krsna must have passed through this way. Will you kindly let us know which way He has gone?"
- The gopis said, 'O cuta tree, priyala tree, panasa, asana and kovidara! O jambu tree, O arka tree, O bel, bakula and mango! O kadamba tree, O nipa tree and all other trees living on the bank of the Yamuna for the welfare of others'
- The land purchase should be done according to this letter. I shall advise the Bank to pay the necessary money
- The Lord is equal to every living entity, just like the flowing Ganges. The Ganges water is meant for the purification of everyone, yet the trees on the banks of the Ganges have different values
- The Lord, accompanied by Akrura and Balarama, traveled in the chariot with great speed toward the bank of the Yamuna. Simply by taking a bath in the Yamuna, anyone can diminish the reactions of his sinful activities
- The most important place of pilgrimage in southern India, or Dravida, is Venkatacala, commonly known as Balaji. After visiting this place Lord Balarama proceeded toward Visnukanci, and from there He proceeded on the bank of the Kaveri
- The same gopi said, "This smiling boy Govinda is standing on the bank of the Yamuna and playing His flute, His lips brightened by the beams of the full moonlight"
- The son of Rupesvara, who was named Padmanabha, moved to a place in Bengal known as Naihati, on the bank of the Ganges
- The system of management will go on as it is now. There is no need of changing. The money which is in my personal name in different banks, that is being spent for the society, and it will be society property
- The tree of the material manifestation is described in the Fifteenth Chapter of Bhagavad-gita as an asvattha tree whose root is upward. We have actual experience of such a tree when we see the shadow of a tree on the bank of a reservoir of water
- There (bank of the Yamuna) Radharani saw a cottage wherein She and Krsna had experienced many loving pleasures, and by remembering those incidents She immediately became overcome with dizziness. This dizziness was very prominently visible
- There are five forests on the eastern bank of the Yamuna: Bhadravana, Bilvavana, Lauhavana, Bhandiravana and Mahavana. On the western side of the bank there are seven: Madhuvana, Talavana, Kumudavana, Bahulavana, Kamyavana, Khadiravana and Vrndavana
- There is a prescription that one should go during this time, maghamela, and live in the confluence, on the bank of the confluence of Gaìga and Yamuna and at least three days he must live. Then he becomes eligible to enter into the heavenly kingdom
- There is no need to accumulate money in the bank merely to increase one's bank balance
- There is the following statement in the Hamsaduta: "One day when Srimati Radharani was feeling much affliction because of Her separation from Krsna, She went to the bank of the Yamuna with some of Her friends"
- They (Kaliya's wives) appeared before Him (Krsna), put forward their offspring and anxiously offered respectful obeisances, falling down on the bank of the Yamuna
- They think, "I have conquered. I have got three crores of rupees." Speculating on (indistinct) and share, that's all. Then parabhavah: his three crores of rupees remain with his bank, and he goes with his wife, and he accepts another body
- This city of Vidyanagara is situated in Trailanga-desa, South India, on the bank of the river Godavari. The place where the Godavari flows into the Bay of Bengal is called Kotadesa
- This material world is the perverted reflection of the spiritual world; it is just like the reflection of a tree on the bank of a reservoir of water: the topmost part of the tree is seen as the lowest part
- This narration was presented by Sukadeva Gosvami when Maharaja Pariksit was prepared to give up his body, fasting on the bank of the Ganges
- This river (the Krsna-venva River) is a branch of the river Krsna. It is said that Thakura Bilvamangala resided on the banks of this river, which is also called the Vina, the Veni, the Sina and the Bhima
- Thus some sat on the platform, some at the base of the platform, and some on the bank of the Ganges, and they were all supplied two pots each by the twenty men who distributed the food
- Thus the Supreme Personality of Godhead walked on the bank of the Yamuna, touching the leaves of the trees and their fruits, flowers and twigs and praising their glorious welfare activities
- Traveling on the bank of the Sarayu River, He (Balarama) gradually reached Prayaga, where there is a confluence of three rivers - the Ganges, Yamuna and Sarasvatira
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "My dear leader of the Yadu dynasty, Your servants in Vrndavana cannot sleep at night thinking of You, so now they are all lying down on the bank of the Yamuna almost paralyzed
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "Your servants in Vrndavana cannot sleep at night thinking of You, so now they are all lying down on the bank of the Yamuna almost paralyzed. And it appears that they are almost dead, because their breathing is very slow"
- Vasudeva came onto the bank of the Yamuna and saw that the water of the Yamuna was roaring with waves and that the whole span was full of foam
- Vasudeva, having Krsna as his son, does not regard Krsna with awe and veneration. Sometimes persons living on the bank of the Ganges do not consider the Ganges very important, and they go far away to take their baths at a place of pilgrimage
- We can say, "I am millionaires. I am proprietor of crores." But I cannot say that "I am the owner of all the banks of the world." That is not possible. But Krsna can say
- We have experience of a tree whose roots are upward: if one stands on the bank of a river or any reservoir of water, he can see that the trees reflected in the water are upside down. The branches go downward and the roots upward
- We have got business. Why shall I keep in the bank? This is the policy. If your money is idle, we can spend it in our books, in our purchasing land in temple, constructing temple, developing...
- We understand from the Brahma-samhita and Skanda Purana that Krsna is always surrounded by many thousands of goddesses of fortune. The gopis are all goddesses of fortune, and Krsna took them hand in hand on the bank of the Yamuna
- Western civilization. They are creating motor cars every year, and the bank is prepared to give you loan so that you may work day and night. Take loan from the bank and purchase a motor car and repay him by working so their machine will go on
- What is the value of your skyscraper building and billions of dollars in the bank? You cannot take it with you. And this is called maya. You cannot take it with you; still, you are struggling hard day and night. This is called maya
- Whatever you have collected for poor feeding may be sent to Bombay Bank of America
- When a devotee is called by the attraction of Krsna, he does not care for bodily ties. The women entered the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, which was verdant with vegetation and newly grown vines and flowers
- When a monkey showed its face and teeth, a boy imitated and showed his teeth to the monkey. Some of the boys played with the frogs on the bank of the Yamuna, and when, out of fear, the frogs jumped into the water, the boys immediately dove in after them
- When all the Vaisnavas were chanting the holy names "Hari, Hari" and eating, they remembered how Krsna and Balarama ate with Their companions the cowherd boys on the bank of the Yamuna
- When both the Krsnas, namely Krsna and Arjuna, reached the bank of the Yamuna (Arjuna is sometimes called Krsna, as is Draupadi), they washed their hands, feet and mouths and drank the clear water of the Yamuna
- When he (Maharaja Pariksit) got the notice of his death, he immediately gave up all connection with household life and sat down on the bank of the Ganges to hear Srimad-Bhagavatam in the association of devotees
- When Krsna and Balarama saw the beautiful appearance of Vrndavana, Govardhana Hill and the banks of the river Yamuna, They felt very happy
- When Krsna entered the forest on the bank of the river Yamuna, the moonlight dissipated the surrounding darkness. Due to the season, flowers like the kunda and kadamba were blooming, and a gentle breeze was carrying their aroma
- When Krsna jumped into the water, the river overflooded its banks to a distance of one hundred yards, as if something very large had fallen into it. This exhibition of Krsna’s strength is not at all uncommon, because He is the reservoir of all strength
- When Krsna saw that Subala, in the dress of Radharani, was silently hiding under the shade of a beautiful asoka tree on the bank of the Yamuna, He immediately arose from His seat in surprise
- When Lord Caitanya met Sri Ramananda Raya on the bank of the Godavari, the varnasrama-dharma followed by the Hindus was mentioned by the Lord
- When Lord Caitanya saw the river Godavari, the Lord remembered the river Yamuna, and when He saw the forest on the banks of the river, He remembered Sri Vrndavana-dhama
- When Madhvacarya returned from Badarikasrama, he went to Ganjama, which is on the bank of the river Godavari
- When Maharaja Pariksit sat down on the bank of the Ganges, the news spread in all directions of the universe, and the great-minded sages, who could follow the importance of the occasion, all arrived there on the plea of pilgrimage
- When Narada Muni arrived, Vyasadeva was sitting by the banks of the river Sarasvati in a state of depression. Upon seeing Vyasa so dejected, Narada explained the deficiency in his compilation of various books
- When the Yamuna and the moonshine come in contact on the bank of the river, the water tastes just like nectar, and drinking it gives great satisfaction. It is as cooling as piles of snow
- Whenever Lord Caitanya went to the banks of the Ganges to take His bath, big crowds of many hundreds of thousands of people assembled there
- While His father Vasudeva was crossing the Yamuna with the baby Lord Krsna for a safe place at Gokula on the other bank of the river from Mathura, the Lord fell down in the river, and by the dust of His lotus feet the river at once became sanctified
- While passing through the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna sat down at a beautiful spot and allowed the cows to drink the cold and transparent water of the Yamuna. Being fatigued, the cowherd boys, Krsna and Balarama also drank
- While resting and drinking water, Krsna and Arjuna saw a beautiful girl (Kalindi) of marriageable age walking alone on the bank of the Yamuna
- While strolling on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna recited various kinds of poetry. He thus enjoyed the company of the gopis in the soothing moonlight of autumn
- While they were walking on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna would sometimes put His arms around a gopi’s head, breast or waist. Pinching one another and joking and looking at one another, they enjoyed
- While this scene (Kaliya and Krsna) was taking place on the bank of the Yamuna, there were ill omens manifest. The earth trembled, meteors fell from the sky, and the left side of men’s bodies shivered. All these are indications of great immediate danger
- Who can understand the influence and mercy of Lord Nityananda Prabhu? He is so powerful that He induced Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to come eat chipped rice on the bank of the Ganges
- Without difficulty one can sit down anywhere, especially on the bank of the Ganges, Yamuna or any other sacred river, devise a sitting place or cottage, plant a tulasi tree, and before the tulasi chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra undisturbed
- You are chanting very regularly and trying to follow the four principels of restriction as far as possible. I have got an account with the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in Montreal, and, if you like, you may deposit the money there in my account
- You can keep the extra money in the bank carefully, and whenever there is excess money, you can spare it for the book fund and press organization, which I have taken now very seriously
- You may take bank mortgage for 20-30 lacs extra and use it for construction, that is approved by me. I just want to see that things are done, that's all