"addressed as" | "addressing as" | "address as"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Addressing God (2 C, 34 P)
- ► Caitanya's Addressing (14 P)
- ► Named - called (2 C, 1,008 P)
- ► Radharani's Addressing (6 P)
Pages in category "Addressed As"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A brahmana is called pandita because brahmana means one who knows Brahman. Brahma janatiti brahmanah. Therefore he is called pandita. In India the brahmana is addressed as pandita. Pandita means a brahmana is expected to know Brahman
- A father sometimes addresses his daughter in affection as "mother" and sometimes as "my darling"
- A responsible personality like Brahmaji refuses to be addressed as the Supreme Lord by his disciples or subordinates, but foolish persons praised by men of the nature of dogs, hogs, camels and asses feel flattered to be addressed as the Supreme Lord
- Addressed as prabhu
- Aditi has been addressed by her husband, Kasyapa Muni, as grha-medhini, which means "one who is satisfied in household life for sense gratification"
- After hearing the statement of Kalakanya, daughter of Time, the King of the Yavanas began to smile and devise a means for executing his confidential duty on behalf of providence. He then addressed Kalakanya as follows
- Approaching the King of the Yavanas, Kalakanya addressed him as a great hero, saying: My dear sir, you are the best of the untouchables. I am in love with you, and I want you as my husband. I know that no one is baffled if he makes friends with you
- Arjuna sustained his unimpeachable character by closing his eyes before Urvasi, addressing her as mother of the Kuru dynasty and placing her in the category of his mothers Kunti, Madri and Sacidevi, wife of Indradeva
- Because Brahma is almost on an equal footing with the Personality of Godhead, he is addressed here as the god of the demigods, and because he is the secondary creator of this universe, he is addressed as the sustainer of the universe
- Before Hiranyakasipu was killed by His Lordship Nrsimha-deva, Prahlada Maharaja never addressed his father as "father," pituh. Now, after his death, he is addressing pituh, "my father." Because before his death he was demon
- Brahma is addressed as pitamaha, grandfather. He's the original first creature in this material world, in this universe, and everyone has come from him. Therefore he is called pitamaha. Pitamaha means grandfather
- He (Caitanya) strongly protested against being called God, although undoubtedly He was God Himself. The Lord behaves so to warn us against unscrupulous men who take pleasure in being addressed as God
- He is the guru, or spiritual master, for the entire world, a devotee on the topmost platform, the maha-bhagavata stage, and a paramahamsa-thakura, a spiritual form only fit to be addressed as paramahamsa or thakura
- I have asked you all to address your Godbrothers as prabhu. This prabhu means boss. If everyone of us thinks of his fellow worker as boss there is no question of misunderstanding
- In Krsna consciousness we address our contemporaries as "prabhu." Prabhu means master. And the real idea is that "You are my master, I am your servant"
- King Pariksit was hearing the narrations of the pastimes of Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama from Sukadeva Gosvami. These pastimes are all transcendentally pleasurable to hear, and Maharaja Pariksit addressed Sukadeva Gosvami as follows
- Krsna will save you do not worry. Let us forget about our past incidents with Hayagriva and Kirtanananda. Treat Kirtanananda as bona fide and address him as Kirtanananda Maharaja
- Pariksit has been addressed as the manisi or the man of highly developed mind because at the time of death he left all material enjoyment and completely surrendered unto the lotus feet of God by hearing His messages from the right person Sukadeva Gosvami
- Protection of bulls and cows and all other animals can be possible only when there is a state ruled by an executive head like Maharaja Pariksit. Maharaja Pariksit addresses the cow as mother, for he is a cultured, twice-born, ksatriya king
- The Lord is addressed as isvara, the controller of maya. He is not controlled by maya
- The Lord is addressed here as vipascitam, one who is full of all knowledge or who knows everything. The Lord is the Supreme Soul, and He knows everything about the living entities and their senses
- The meaning of Labangalatika is delicate, sometimes Radharani is addressed as Labangalatika
- The mistake is that being addressed as boss or prabhu one thinks himself as exactly Prabhu or the boss. One should not forget himself as humble servant even though one is addressed as prabhu
- The Pandavas, or the Kurus, are sometimes addressed as Bharata due to being born in the dynasty of the famous Maharaja Bharata, the son of King Dusyanta
- The Spiritual Master is addressed as His Divine Grace, a Godbrother is addressed as His Grace, and any Sannyasin is addressed as His Holiness
- The word bhagavan means that one is a very opulent and powerful person like Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Narada or Indra. They are all addressed as bhagavan due to their extraordinary opulence
- The word brahma-bandhu is significant. A person who happens to take birth in the family of a brahmana but is not qualified to be called a brahmana is addressed as the relative of a brahmana, and not as a brahmana
- This is a mistake that is technically called rasabhasa. While Caitanya Mahaprabhu is trying to enjoy as a devotee, one should not disturb Him by addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Vidura is addressed here as a hero because no one is stronger in self-control than a devotee of the Lord
- Vidura sarcastically addressed Dhrtarastra as the "King," which he was actually not. Everyone is the servant of eternal time, and therefore no one can be king in this material world. King means the person who can order
- We advise everyone to address one another as Prabhu. Prabhu means master, so how the master should be disobeyed? Others, they are also pure devotees. All of my disciples are pure devotees
- We are taught to address others as Prabhu. Prabhu means master; and the leader of the masters is called Prabhupada
- When many prabhus remain under the shelter of the lotus feet of another prabhu, the address Prabhupada is given
- When one is actually a sannyasa, a sannyasi, master of the senses, he can be addressed as gosvami or svami
- When Vasudeva addressed Kamsa as dina-vatsala, this was excessive praise. Kamsa would accept calves as a form of revenue from his poor constituents, and therefore he was called dina-vatsala
- Why such persons take pleasure in being addressed as God, or why such persons are addressed as God by foolish admirers, is explained in the following verse - SB 2.5.13