address | addressed | addressee | addresses | addressing | addressive
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Caitanya's Addressing (14 P)
- ► God's Addressing (2 P)
- ► Krsna's Addressing (1 C, 41 P)
- ► Radharani's Addressing (6 P)
Pages in category "Addressed"
The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.
- According to the customary etiquette of Mayavadi sannyasis, they address one another as Narayana
- Addressing him (Gargamuni) very politely, he (Nanda) said, “My dear brahmana, your appearance in a householder’s place is only to enlighten. We are always engaged in household duties and are forgetting our real duty of self-realization"
- Addressing Mucukunda, the demigod requested him to ask any benediction he might be pleased with, except the benediction of liberation
- Addressing the great, opulent King Prthu as the knower of religious principles and shelter of the surrendered, she said: Please save me. You are the protector of all living entities. Now you are situated as the King of this planet
- Addressing Vyasadeva, the son of Parasara, Narada inquired, "Are you satisfied by identifying with the body or the mind as objects of self-realization"?
- After addressing the innumerable trees and plants and the earth, they (the gopis) turned their faces toward the beautiful deer, who were looking at them very pleasingly
- After hearing these words (from goddess Durga), Kamsa became very much overwhelmed with fear. Out of pity, he immediately released Vasudeva and Devaki from the bondage of their shackles and very politely began to address them
- After his appearance, Svayambhuva Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife (Satarupa), thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- After performing this sacrifice, Vasudeva felt so satisfied that there was no limit to his happiness. All the members of his family were with him, and in their presence he caught hold of the hands of Nanda Maharaja and addressed him thus
- After seeing Krsna, Jarati cried very loudly, addressing all the residents of Vrndavana to inform them that this son of King Nanda was setting fire to the household life of her daughter-in-law
- All such acts of the Lord were mentioned (like when Pariksit was saved in the womb of his mother and the Pandavas had to fight in Kuruksetra) in the addresses of welcome, and Maharaja Pariksit, satisfied, rewarded those who presented such addresses
- All the Pracetas began to address the great sage Narada: O great sage, O brahmana, we hope you met with no disturbances while coming here. It is due to our great fortune that we are now able to see you
- All the saintly brahmanas thus addressed Prthu Maharaja: O best of the warriors, O father of this globe, may you be blessed with a long life, for you have great devotion to the infallible SPG, who is the master of all the universe
- All the women addressed the King: O master of the citizens, we do not know why your dear wife has taken on this sort of existence. O killer of enemies, kindly look! She's lying on the ground without bedding. We cannot understand why she's acting this way
- Although Prajapati Daksa could not say anything, when the Lord, who knows everyone's heart, saw His devotee prostrate in that manner and desiring to increase the population, He addressed him as follows
- Although there is no GBC man for Far East for addressing your questions, still, as I am now old man and inclined for philosophy and translating, I am asking my disciples to kindly give me some relief from so much administrative work and asking questions
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Another word Maharaja Pariksit used when he addressed Sukadeva Gosvami is suvrata, which means to take a vow to enact pious activities. Sukadeva Gosvami was an educated brahmacari, and under the circumstances it was not possible for him to indulge in sex
- As soon as she (Sudama's wife) saw her husband (Sudama) present before her, tears of joy fell from her eyes, and her voice became so choked up that she could not even address her husband
- At this time, Gopinatha Acarya came there while Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was with King Prataparudra. Being a brahmana, he offered his benediction to the King and addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya as follows
- Balarama said, "O you kings of the ants! Why are you hiding yourselves in these holes?" At the same time He also addressed the King of heaven: "O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing?"
- Because Ugrasena was the King of the Bhojas, he was considered the chief Yadu, and therefore the visitors specifically addressed him
- Being completely cleansed of all material desires, the devotees are freed from all mental contamination. Thus they can always think of the Lord constantly and address Him very feelingly
- Being empowered by his wife, Pradyumna immediately went before Sambara and challenged him to fight. Pradyumna addressed him in very strong language, so that his temper would be agitated and he would be moved to fight
- Brahma is addressed herein (SB 3.15.3) as Vibhu and as the Personality of Godhead
- By addressing the brahmanas as "knowers of all religious principles," the boys expressed the point of view that when the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna and Balarama, were asking for food, the brahmanas should immediately deliver some
- By talking among themselves, they soon forgot all their past miseries. Kuntidevi especially addressed her brother Vasudeva as follows
- Camasa Muni addressed king Nimi, "The brahmanas have come out from the head, the ksatriyas have come out from the arms, the vaisyas have come out from the waist, and the sudras have come out from the legs"
- Camasa Muni addressed king Nimi, "The sannyasis have come out from the head, the vanaprasthas from the arms, the grhasthas from the waist, and the brahmacaris from the legs"
- Camasa Muni addressed the King Nimi, "The four social orders, namely the brahmanas, the ksatriyas, the vaisyas, and the sudras, have come out of the different parts of the universal form of the Supreme Lord"
- Crying loudly and embracing the bodies of their husbands, which lay on the wrestling dais, the wives of Kamsa and his brothers lamented, addressing the dead bodies
- Daksa addressed him (Narada Muni) as papa (the personality of sinful activities) and asadhu (a nonsaintly person)
- Due to getting a perfect son according to his desire, King Nabhi was always overwhelmed with transcendental bliss and was very affectionate to his son. It was with ecstasy and a faltering voice that he addressed Him, "My dear son, my darling."
- During this rasa dance Krsna disappeared all of a sudden with Radharani, and the gopis began to search Him out. At that time they addressed the earth and began to say
- Ganges appeared before King Bhagiratha and said, "I am very much satisfied with your austerities and am now prepared to give you benedictions as you desire." Being thus addressed by Gangadevi, the King bowed his head before her and explained his desire
- Gopi addressed the earth "I think that you must be very jubilant because the trees and plants, which are just like hairs on your body, are standing up so gloriously. May we ask when did you first get these symptoms?"
- Gopi addressed the earth, "Are you enjoying this jubilation since you were touched by the incarnation of Vamana or since you were delivered by the incarnation of Varaha?"
- Gopinatha Acarya and Mukunda Datta became very unhappy when they heard this. Gopinatha Acarya therefore addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya as follows
- Gopinatha Acarya then addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Nonetheless, because you are bereft of even a pinch of the Lord's mercy, you cannot understand Him, even though He is present in your home"
- Gopinatha Acarya then addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya: "You are a great scholar and a teacher of many disciples. Indeed, there is no other scholar like you on earth"
- Gopinatha Acarya then took Mukunda Datta with him and went to Sarvabhauma's house. When they arrived, Sarvabhauma addressed Mukunda Datta as follows
- Gopis addressed the earth and began to say, "My dear earthly planet, how many austerities and penances you must have undergone to have the lotus feet of Krsna always touching your surface"
- Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, thereafter addressed Sukracarya, who was sitting nearby in the midst of the assembly with the priests (brahma, hota, udgata and adhvaryu)
- Has someone addressed you with unfriendly words or threatened you? Could you not give charity to one who asked, or could you not keep your promise to someone?
- He (Kamsa) immediately ordered the band to stop playing and addressed his men as follows, "I order that these two sons of Vasudeva be immediately driven out of Mathura"
- He (Lord Visnu) addressed Bhrgu Muni as follows: "My dear brahmana, it is My greatest fortune that you have come here. Please, therefore, sit down on this cushion for a few minutes"
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) repeatedly addressed and questioned the bull thus: O son of Surabhi, who has cut off your three legs? In the state of the kings who are obedient to the laws of the Supreme Personality of God, Krsna, there is no one as unhappy as you
- He (Pariksit) is addressed herein as the maha-bhagavata, or the greatest of the fortunates because he took his birth in the family of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Hiranyakasipu addresses Prahlada, "My dear son, association is very important. It acts just like a crystal-stone which will reflect anything which is put before it"
- I always welcome to get letters from my beloved disciples, but unless there is some urgent matter it is better if all of the students will address their questions from South Pacific and Australia zone to you
- I want that you all GBC men work cooperatively to manage things now, along with the other officers, and it is better if devotees can address their questions to you
- In a meeting of learned men, when there are congratulations or addresses for the speaker, the qualifications of the congratulator should be as follows. He must be the leader of the house and an elderly man. He must be vastly learned also
- In addition to jubilation, there are sometimes symptoms of disappointment. Pradyumna once addressed Samba with these words
- In another statement, Subala is addressed thus, "My dear Subala, the damsels of Vrndavana who had the opportunity of enjoying Krsna's kissing must be the foremost of all the fortunate women in the world"
- In the present days the welcome addresses are presented not always with factual statements but to please the postholder, and often they are full of flattering lies. And rarely are those who present such welcome addresses rewarded by the poor receiver
- In this way, Sri Balarama instructed Rukmini in spiritual knowledge. He further addressed His sister-in-law thus, "Sweet, smiling Rukmini, do not be aggrieved by false notions caused by ignorance"
- Indra addresses his mother in this manner, "My dear Mother (Aditi), persons who have given up all kinds of desire and are simply engaged in devotional service to the Lord know what is actually their self-interest"
- Indra addresses to Aditi, "Such persons are actually serving their self-interests and are considered first-class experts in the matter of advancing to the perfectional stage of life"
- Karabhajana Muni addresses King Nimi and says, "As such, if by chance or mistake he does something which is forbidden, there is no need for him to perform any purificatory ceremonies"
- Karabhajana Muni addresses King Nimi and says, "My dear King, a person who has given up the worship of the demigods and has completely concentrated his energy in the devotional service of the S P of Godhead has become very, very dear to the Lord"
- Karabhajana Muni addresses Maharaj Nimi as follows, "Nor has he any obligation to perform the different kinds of activities we render to the great sages, ancestors, living entities and family and society members"
- Karttikeya addressed King Mucukunda, "But you left that kingdom, neglected your opulence and possessions, and never cared for fulfillment of your personal ambitions"
- Karttikeya addressed King Mucukunda, "My dear King, you have sacrificed everything for the sake of the demigods. You had a very nice kingdom, undisturbed by any kind of enemy"
- Karttikeya addressed King Mucukunda, "Time and tide wait for no man. Now even if you return to your home, you will find no one living there"
- King Anga addressed the priestly order: My dear priests, kindly tell me what offense I have committed. Although invited, the demigods are neither taking part in the sacrifice nor accepting their share
- Kings and great personalities of the state are presented with welcome addresses. Maharaja Pariksit, since he was one of the well-known emperors of the world was also presented with addresses of welcome in all parts of the world as he visited those places
- Kirtanananda may be eager to address in the Harvard university but recently he has lost his link on account of disobedience
- Krsna was informed, "In madness Mother Yasoda has addressed the kadamba trees and inquired from them"
- Krsna was informed, "Similarly, she has addressed the birds and the drones and inquired from them as to whether Krsna has passed before them, and she has inquired if they can say anything about You"
- Laksmi is addressed here as devi, the goddess, because in Vaikuntha she supplies all opulences to the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His devotees, who in this way enjoy natural life in the Vaikuntha planets
- Lord Brahma addressed them thus: My dear sacrificial performers, you cannot kill Indra, the King of heaven. It is not your duty. You should know that Indra is as good as the SPG. Indeed, he is one of the most powerful assistants of the PG
- Lord Caitanya taught that we should simply cry, and we shall simply pray for accepting us. That's all. So this vibration is simply a cry for addressing the Supreme Lord
- Lord Siva addressed the SPG with the following prayer: O Supreme Personality of Godhead, all glories unto You. You are the most exalted of all self-realized souls. Since You're always auspicious for the self-realized, I wish that You be auspicious for me
- Lord Siva realized that his benediction had become troublesome for Banasura and addressed him, "You rascal! You are very eager to fight, but since you have no one to fight with, you are distressed"
- Madhudvisa is GBC man for South Pacific zone, so his direction must be followed by everyone and all of the devotees there should address their problems to him for his consideration
- Maharaja Pariksit, since he was one of the well-known emperors of the world, was also presented with addresses of welcome in all parts of the world as he visited those places
- Mahatma Vidura knew all this, and therefore he addressed Dhrtarastra, saying: My dear King, please get out of here immediately. Do not delay. Just see how fear has overtaken you
- Maitreya said: The great sage Kasyapa thus addressed his wife, who was trembling because of fear that her husband was offended
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "Please come back and take Your lunch at home. Your father Nandaraja is waiting for You. He has to eat, so You must come back so that he can eat"
- Mother Yasoda then addressed Nanda Maharaj, "See my dear son, whose eyes are white, who has a turban on His head, a wrapper on His body and leg bells which tinkle very sweetly on His feet"
- Nanda Maharaja addressed Garga Muni as one of the great authorities in astrological science
- Nanda Maharaja also addressed Garga Muni as “the best of the brahmanas.” A brahmana is one who is expert in the knowledge of the Supreme. Without knowledge of the Supreme Absolute, one cannot be recognized as a brahmana
- Narada gave Citraketu the following mantra: O Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, who are addressed by the omkara (pranava), I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. O Lord Vasudeva, I meditate upon You
- Narada Muni addressed Narayana Rsi as an incarnation of Krsna and specifically addressed Him as the supreme well-wisher of the conditioned souls
- Narayana Rsi, being an incarnation of Krsna, is also addressed as the well-wisher of the conditioned souls. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, everyone should know that there is no well-wisher like Krsna
- Next he (Jarasandha) turned toward Balarama and addressed Him, "You, Balarama! If You like You can fight along with Him, and if You have patience, then You can wait to be killed by my arrows. Thus You can be promoted to heaven"
- O best of the Kuru dynasty, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Supersoul of everyone, being thus pleased, addressed Gajendra in the presence of everyone there. He spoke the following blessings
- O descendant of Bharata Maharaja, Lord Siva, in jubilation, then addressed his wife, Bhavani, who is accepted by all authorities as the potency of Lord Visnu
- O King Pariksit, when Citraketu, bent low in humility, was seated at the lotus feet of the great sage, the sage congratulated him for his humility and hospitality. The sage addressed him in the following words
- On hearing Suta Gosvami speak thus, Saunaka Muni, who was the elderly, learned leader of all the rsis engaged in that prolonged sacrificial ceremony, congratulated Suta Gosvami by addressing him as follows
- Once Mother Yasoda addressed one of her friends in this way, "Nanda Maharaj, the leader of the cowherdsmen, worshiped Lord Visnu along with me, and as a result of this worshiping Krsna has been saved from the clutches of Putana and other demons"
- One must learn the transcendental subject by submissive aural reception from the right sources. Therefore these sages addressed the speaker Suta Gosvami with great respect
- One of Her (Radharani's) friends addressed Her in this way: "My dear friend, You have already sold Yourself and all Your beauty to Govinda. Now You should not be bashful. Please look upon Him cheerfully"
- One queen addressed a swan as follows: "My dear swan, please come here, come here. You are welcome. Please sit down and take some milk. My dear swan, can you tell me if you have any message from Syamasundara?"
- Please immediately send me the names and addresses of all the foreign devotees in India. Please also their passport numbers and nationality
- Pradyumna addressed Prabhavati at that time and said: "My dear Prabhavati, just look at the head of our family, Sri Krsna: He is Visnu Himself, the supreme driver of Garuda
- Prahlada, who was truly the supreme learned person, then addressed his class friends in very sweet language. Smiling, he began to teach them about the uselessness of the materialistic way of life. Being very kind to them, he instructed them as follows
- Pranava, or the omkara transcendental sound in the beginning of every Vedic hymn, addresses the Supreme Lord
- Sanjaya said: O descendant of Bharata, being thus addressed by Arjuna, Lord Krsna drew up the fine chariot in the midst of the armies of both parties. BG 1.24 - 1972
- Seeing this exquisitely beautiful dress of Krsna, one devotee addressed his friend in this manner
- Similarly, Maharaj Nanda addressed his wife, "My dear Yasoda, just look at your offspring, Krsna! See His blackish bodily luster, His eyes tinged with red color, His broad chest and His nice golden necklace
- Siva addresses Sati thusly, "My dear Sati, persons who are devoted to Narayana (Krsna) are not afraid of anything"
- So to anyone who is constantly engaged in addressing the Lord and His energy, we can imagine how much the Supreme Lord is obliged. It is impossible for the Lord to ever forget such a devotee
- Some of the gopis then addressed their gopi friends: "Dear friends, why don’t you question these creepers, who are so jubilantly embracing the big trees as if the trees were their husbands?"
- Sri Maitreya said: After describing the greatness of the Emperor's manifold qualities and activities, the sage became silent, and the Emperor, feeling modesty, addressed him as follows
- Srivasa Thakura called for all the respectable gentlemen of the neighborhood and smilingly addressed them as follows
- Srivasa Thakura continued to address Svarupa Damodara, "Your gopis are engaged in boiling milk and churning yogurt, but my mistress, the goddess of fortune, sits on a throne made of jewels and gems"
- Stopping the demon, the Lord (Narayana) addressed him as follows, "My dear son of Sakuni, you appear very tired, as if coming from a very distant place"
- Sukadeva Gosvami addressed King Pariksit thus, "My dear King, Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva, the principal trio of the material creation, are able to bless or curse anyone"
- Sukadeva Gosvami addresses Pariksit Maharaj there and says, "The great soul of King Bharata was so much attached to the service of the lotus feet of Krsna"
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Being thus addressed by the messengers of Yamaraja, the servants of Vasudeva smiled and spoke the following words in voices as deep as the sound of rumbling clouds
- Suta Gosvami is twice addressed by Saunaka Gosvami out of great joy because he and the members of the assembly were eager to hear the text of Bhagavatam uttered by Sukadeva Gosvami
- Suta Gosvami is twice addressed herein by Saunaka Gosvami out of great joy because he and the members of the assembly were eager to hear the text of Bhagavatam uttered by Sukadeva Gosvami
- Suta Gosvami said: Thus addressing Vyasadeva, Srila Narada Muni took leave of him, and vibrating on his vina instrument, he left to wander at his free will
- Suta Gosvami said: Thus the sage amongst the gods (Narada), comfortably seated and apparently smiling, addressed the rsi amongst the brahmanas (Vedavyasa)
- The beautiful Personality of Godhead addressed Lord Brahma: O Brahma, impregnated with the Vedas, I am very much pleased with your long accumulated penance with the desire for creation. Hardly am I pleased with the pseudo mystics
- The boy addressed the women: O weak women! Only by the will of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is never diminished, is the entire world created, maintained and again annihilated. This is the verdict of the Vedic knowledge
- The brahmacari addressed Vrkasura as the son of Sakuni just to convince him that He was known to his father, Sakuni
- The demon addressed the Lord: O best of the demigods, dressed in the form of a boar, just hear me. This earth is entrusted to us, the inhabitants of the lower regions, and You cannot take it from my presence and not be hurt by me
- The difference between the presentation of welcome addresses today and in those days is that formerly the welcome addresses were presented to a person like Maharaja Pariksit
- The etiquette is to address every woman, never mind whether she is young or old, as "Mother." This is brahmacari
- The gopis then addressed the tulasi plants: "Dear tulasi, you are much beloved by Lord Krsna because your leaves are always at His lotus feet"
- The gopis then looked upon the ground they were traversing and began to address the earth: "Dear earthly planet, we do not know how many penances and austerities you have undergone to be now living with the footprints of Lord Krsna upon you"
- The great sage Maitreya continued by saying that the Lord, the seer of the universe, after hearing Prthu Maharaja's prayer, addressed the King: My dear King, may you always be blessed by engaging in My devotional service
- The great sage Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the protector of surrendered souls, being thus addressed by the Pracetas and worshiped by them, replied, "May whatever you have prayed for be fulfilled"
- The great sage Maitreya said: Lord Siva, the deliverer of the hill Kailasa, having thus been addressed by his dear wife, replied smilingly
- The great sage Narada then addressed King Pracinabarhisat: O one whose life-span is great (virat), in this way King Puranjana begot 1,100 sons within the womb of his wife, Puranjani. However, in this business he passed away half of his life-span
- The great saint Maitreya continued to address Vidura: My dear Vidura, at that time, after the planet earth finished her prayers, King Prthu was still not pacified, and his lips trembled in great anger
- The hunter addressed Narada Muni, 'O gosvami! O great saintly person! Why have you left the general path through the forest to come to me? Simply by seeing you, all the animals I was hunting have now fled'
- The King is certainly the watchdog of the state in the sense that he keeps vigilant eyes over the border of the state for its protection and defense, but to address him as a watchdog is the sign of a less-cultured boy
- The King, not received by any formal welcome by means of being offered a seat, place, water and sweet addresses, considered himself neglected, and so thinking he became angry
- The learned brahmanas, who were very satisfied with the charities of the King, addressed him as the chief amongst the Purus and informed him that his son was certainly in the line of descent from the Purus
- The maha-mantra (Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare) is also simply an address to the Lord and His energy
- The members of the assembly addressed the Lord: O exclusive shelter for all who are situated in troubled life, in this formidable fort of conditional existence the time element, like a snake, is always looking for an opportunity to strike
- The original king, Maharaja Prthu, his eyes full of tears and his voice faltering and choked up, could neither see the Lord very distinctly nor speak to address the Lord in any way. He simply embraced the Lord within his heart and remained standing
- The personality of Kali addressed Maharaja Pariksit as the chief amongst the protectors of religiosity because the King refrained from killing a person who surrendered unto him
- The priests addressed the Lord, saying: O Lord, transcendental to material contamination, by the curse offered by Lord Siva's men we have become attached to fruitive activities, and thus we are now fallen and therefore do not know anything about You
- The Prince mistakenly addressed the Apsara: O best of saintly persons, who are you? Why are you on this hill, and what do you want to do? Are you one of the illusory potencies of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- The queens continued talking like that, and they addressed the mountain as follows: "Dear mountain, you are very generous. By your gravity only, the whole crust of this earth is properly maintained"
- The sage Maitreya said to Vidura: After his appearance, Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife, thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- The sages present then began to address Vasudeva in the presence of Lord Krsna, Balarama and many other kings, and, as requested by him, they gave their instructions
- The son of a high-court judge is not virtually a high-court judge, but there is no harm in addressing a high-court judge's son as a relative of the Honorable Justice
- The spiritual master is generally called gosani, and thakura is used to address the paramahamsas, those in the topmost rank of spirituality
- The unmarried girls used to pray with great devotion to goddess Katyayani, addressing her as follows
- The whole Vrindaban city appreciated my service in the foreign countries. Both the Municipality Chairman officially as well as the Vrajavasi public gave me address of welcome in great meetings
- The word rajan is especially addressed to Dhrtarastra significantly. Dhrtarastra was the eldest son of his father, and therefore according to law he was to be installed on the throne of Hastinapura
- The word samvit is variously used to mean "in fighting," "in promising," "for satisfying," "in addressing," "by practical action," "indication," and "knowledge"
- There is a similar statement by a person fallen in the hellish condition of life. He addressed the Supreme Lord thus: "My dear Lord, Yamaraja has placed me in a situation which is full of filthy and obnoxious smells"
- There is a statement by a gopi who addressed Subala, a friend of Krsna: "My dear Subala, I know that Krsna is your friend and you always enjoy smiling and joking with Him"
- There is a statement in the Lalita-madhava that Lord Baladeva, intoxicated from drinking excessive quantities of honey, once began to address the ants
- There were various types of big trees and small plants in the forest, and the gopis addressed them: "Dear banyan tree, have you seen the son of Maharaja Nanda passing this way, laughing and playing on His flute?"
- Thereapon a glaring light spread in all directions. It was so fierce that Arjuna thought his own life in danger, and so he began to address Lord Sri Krsna
- They (opposing princes) addressed Sisupala thus, "Our dear Sisupala, don't be discouraged in this way. You belong to the royal order and are the chief amongst the fighters
- They (the gopis) addressed the deer, "It appears, that Krsna, who is the Supreme Narayana Himself, must have passed through this way along with His companion, Laksmi, the goddess of fortune
- This mantra is addressed to the four Deities, or the Lord with His plenary expansions. The central figure is Lord Sri Krsna because the plenary portions are His aides-de-camp
- Treat Kirtanananda as bona fide and address him as Kirtanananda Maharaja. He should be first offered obeisances and he will return the respect to his Godbrothers
- Two hours later, in a quiet place, Pradyumna regained consciousness, and when he saw that he was in a place other than the battlefield, he addressed the charioteer and condemned him
- Vasudeva addressed Nanda, "My dear brother, you were old and very anxious to beget a son, and yet you had none. Now by the grace of the Lord you are fortunate to have a very nice son. I think that this incident is very auspicious for you"
- Vidura was confident about this (although junior by age, Uddhava was much advanced in the devotional service of the Lord), and thus he addressed Uddhava in that higher category. That is the way of courteous dealings between two devotees
- When Cupid came on one occasion to visit Lord Krsna, some devotee addressed him thus: "My dear Cupid, because you have been so fortunate as to have placed your eyesight on the lotus feet of Krsna"
- When he saw Devahuti looking at the gigantic, opulent palace with a displeased heart, Kardama Muni could understand her feelings because he could study the heart of anyone. Thus he personally addressed his wife as follows
- When Hiranyakasipu received this reply from the teacher, he again addressed his son Prahlada. Hiranyakasipu said: You rascal, most fallen of our family, if you have not received this education from your teachers, where have you gotten it?
- When King Dhrtarastra was sitting among friends and relatives, Akrura began to address him, calling him Vaicitravirya. Vaicitravirya means "the son of Vicitravirya"
- When Krsna, in punishing the Kaliya serpent, appeared to have drowned Himself in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Nanda Maharaj addressed Yasoda Devi thusly
- When Lord Krsna, Maharaj Yudhisthira and the other Pandavas approached Bhismadeva, he was very grateful to Lord Krsna, and he addressed the brahmana military commander, Krpacarya, thus
- When Lord Siva addresses me as Daksayani I at once become morose, and my jolliness and my smile at once disappear because of our family relationship
- When Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Gokula, was going to see her son Krsna at Kuruksetra, one of her friends began to address her thus
- When Ramananda Raya addressed Caitanya as the S P of God, Caitanya Mahaprabhu objected, saying, "I am not the Supreme Personality of Godhead but an ordinary human being. Therefore I must fear public opinion in three ways - with My body, mind and words"
- When the two confidential servants of the Supreme Lord, who were named Nanda and Sunanda, approached him, smiling happily, Dhruva stood with folded hands, bowing humbly. They then addressed him as follows
- While he was sitting beneath a tree, an unknown cowherd boy came with a pot of milk, placed it before Madhavendra Puri and, smiling, addressed him as follows
- While Jaya and Vijaya, thus cursed by the sages, were falling to the material world, they were addressed as follows by the same sages
- While Sukadeva Gosvami was narrating the history of Vrkasura, he addressed Maharaja Pariksit as Bharata, referring to King Pariksit’s birth in a family of devotees
- Without the spiritual master's order, nobody can utilize the service of a godbrother as one's personal servant. We address each-other as prabhu, so how can we engage our godbrother as servant?