Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
absence | absent
- VedaBase query: absence or absent not "absence of"
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Absence"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- A certain brahmana (Canakya) will betray the trust of King Nanda and his eight sons and will destroy their dynasty. In their absence the Mauryas will rule the world as the age of Kali continues
- Above the body and mind is the dormant spirit soul whose absence from the body makes the whole range of bodily and mental selfishness completely null and void
- After the birth ceremony, Nanda Maharaja decided to go to Mathura to pay the annual tax to the government of Kamsa. Before leaving, he called for the able cowherd men of the village and asked them to take care of Vrndavana in his absence
- As we have learned from the Second Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the ruling power of the demigods and the influence of material nature are conspicuous by their absence in the spiritual world
- Awe and veneration are absent on the platform of fraternity, since this rasa is predominated by confidential service. Therefore sakhya-rasa is characterized by the qualities of three rasas
- Delusion is the perverted image of reality and is the hallmark of maya, the Lord's external energy. This delusion is totally absent in His internal, spiritual potency
- Desire cannot be completely absent because I am living entity. So my desire should be not to forget Krsna. That's all, that one desire. That is real desire. All other desires, they are foolish. We cannot be desireless, but we should desire only bona fide
- Due to your long absence from your kingdom while fighting the demons on behalf of the demigods, your queen, your children, your relatives and your ministers have all passed away in due course of time
- During Anavasara, after the Snana-yatra ceremony, Lord Jagannatha is absent from the temple for fifteen days so He can be renovated. This occurs annually
- During the lifetime of your Spiritual master you bring the prospective disciples to him, and in his absence or disappearance you can accept disciples without any limitation. This is the law of disciplic succession
- He (Yudhisthira) has always invited the heavenly King, Indra, to take part in the yajnas (sacrifices). Because King Indra was thus absent so often from Sacidevi, she had to pass much of her time pining over Indra's absence, with her cheeks upon her hands
- His (Krsna's) friends, being controlled in such a way, could not understand that for one whole year they were absent from the Yamuna's bank and were under the spell of Brahma's illusion
- I can understand very well that Upendra is feeling very much disturbed on account of Citralekha's absence, it is quite natural, but what can I do?
- I have heard also from Brahmananda that he plans to spend 3 days per week at Boston, but I have also heard that during his absence 3 devotees have left the temple. So things should be managed so nicely that our devotees may not leave us
- In his absence you can take charge of printing French edition of Back To Godhead, that is nice. But the thing is it must be regularly published every month
- In the open space there is sunlight, and therefore it is illuminated, but in the covering, because of the absence of sunlight, it is naturally dark
- In this age, as Bibhisana indicated, both brahmanas and kings are in a wretched condition. Actually there are no kings or brahmanas in this age, and due to their absence the whole world is in a chaotic condition and is always in distress
- In Your absence all these people have been exactly like thirsty cataka birds crying in disappointment. Kindly accept them
- It is said that because Krsna was constantly performing various types of sacrifices and was inviting the demigods from the higher planetary systems, the demigods were almost always absent from their consorts
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are (1) His wonderful pastimes, which are compared to an ocean, (2) His association in the circle of the supreme devotees in conjugal love (the gopis)
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (3) His playing on the flute, whose vibration attracts the three worlds
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (4) His extraordinary beauty, which surpasses the beauty of the three worlds. Lord Krsna's beauty is unequaled and unsurpassed
- Let us know through the authority of Srimad-Bhagavatam of the nature and constitution of the transcendental world beyond the material sky. In that sky the material qualities, especially the modes of ignorance and passion, are completely absent
- Living entities are dancing under the direction of Krsna's maya & are thinking that they are equal to Krsna. This is not a fact. In KC, this misconception is absent, for a person in KC knows that Krsna is the supreme master & everyone else is servant
- Lord Narayana has sixty transcendental qualities. Over and above these, Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana
- Lord Ramacandra heard that in His absence His brother Bharata was eating barley cooked in the urine of a cow, covering His body with the bark of trees, wearing matted locks of hair, and lying on a mattress of kusa
- Maharaja Yudhisthira observed some discrepancies in his kingdom, and therefore he became very anxious about Arjuna, who was long absent, and there was also no news about Dvaraka's well-being
- Material contamination can be consumed by devotional service because in devotional service these two diseases, namely the desire to lord it over material nature and the desire to become one with the Supreme Lord, are absent
- Nanda Maharaja recalled the prophecy of Vasudeva and considered him a great sage and mystic yogi; otherwise, how could he have foretold an incident that happened during his absence from Vrndavana?
- Nanda said, "And above all, I have a son like Krsna, who is such a powerful, wonderful worker. Therefore, even though I am a householder, I am feeling so satisfied!" This is an instance of mental endurance resulting from the absence of all distress
- No material planet, even Satyaloka, is comparable in quality to the spiritual planets, where the five inherent qualities of the material world - namely ignorance, misery, egoism, anger and envy - are completely absent
- Now I have enclosed three sacred threads duly chanted by me. In Rupanuga Maharaja's absence, you may obtain a tape and instructions from Bali Mardan Maharaja in New York and hold one fire sacrifice
- The activities of yogamaya are absent in the spiritual sky and the Vaikuntha planets. She simply works in the supreme planet, Goloka Vrndavana, and she works to manifest the activities of Krsna when He descends to the material universe
- The Adityas are sons of Aditi, and there are twelve Adityas. Aryama is one of the twelve Adityas, and therefore it was quite possible for him to take charge of the office of Yamaraja during his one hundred years' absence in the form of Vidura
- The bodily limitation whereby one part of the body cannot act as another part is totally absent from the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The citizens of Dvaraka were in a state of melancholy due to the Lord's absence from the transcendental city, as much as we are put in a state of melancholy at night because of the absence of the sun
- The cosmic manifestation is nothing but a display of Krsna's energy, and because the energy is not different from the energetic, nothing is different from Krsna. When this absolute consciousness, KC, is absent, we are separated from Krsna
- The demigods (in the forest of material existence) control the different directions, and the cricket is the harsh words spoken by our enemy during our absence
- The love of a woman, that potency and pleasure, is absent in man, and therefore a man wants a woman. But this is not the case with Krsna, who is full in Himself
- The water moves, but the moon does not move. Similarly, the living entities appear to be tainted by material qualities like illusion, lamentation and miseries, although in the pure soul such qualities are completely absent
- The wives of the demigods, regretting the absence of their husbands, began to pray for the appearance of Lord Buddha, the ninth incarnation of Krsna in the age of Kali
- There are no kings or brahmanas in this age, and due to their absence the whole world is in a chaotic condition and is always in distress
- There is no difference between the spiritual master's instructions and the spiritual master himself. In his absence, therefore, his words of direction should be the pride of the disciple
- This rope almost always hung from the shoulders of the boys, and it was not absent from the shoulders of Krsna and Balarama
- We are all part and parcel of God. Therefore, just like you are part and parcel of your parent, so there is some intimate relationship with your parents. It cannot be broken, even if you are absent from home for many years
- When he learned that the dog had not been supplied food in his absence, he was very unhappy. He then immediately sent ten men to find the dog
- When Jagannatha was absent from the temple, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who could not see Him, felt separation and left Jagannatha Puri to go to a place known as Alalanatha
- When Lord Ramacandra, was the King of this world, all bodily and mental suffering, disease, old age, bereavement, lamentation, distress, fear and fatigue were completely absent. There was even no death for those who did not want it
- When one sleeps, the senses are inactive, but this does not mean that the senses are absent. When one is awakened, the senses become active again
- When there is full knowledge of Krsna's superiority and yet in dealings with Him on friendly terms respectfulness is completely absent, that stage is called affection
- When they (the Pracetas) came out (of the water), they saw that everything had been neglected due to the King's (Pracinabarhisat) absence. They first observed that food grains were not being produced and that there were no agricultural activities
- While Dhruva Maharaja was absent from his home, not only did he undergo severe austerities in the forest of Madhuvana, but at home also his mother (Queen Suniti) prayed to the Supreme Lord for his safety and good fortune
- While Lord Balarama was absent in Vrndavana, this King Paundraka, the King of the Karusa Province, being foolish and puffed up, sent a messenger to Lord Krsna
- You (Mother earth) are probably now thinking of those activities and feeling sorry in their absence
- Yudhisthira said, "Material distinctions - 'This is me,' 'This is you,' 'This is mine,' 'This is yours' - are all conspicuous by dint of their absence in You (Krsna)"
- Yudhisthira said, "Such material distinctions are visible in the lives of everyone, even the animals, but pure devotees are freed from these false distinctions. Since these distinctions are absent in Your devotees, they cannot possibly be present in You"