This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► God's Absence (1 C, 9 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Absence"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- A similar statement was given by Kuntidevi to Akrura: "My dear brother Akrura, my nephew Mukunda is long absent from us
- All the gopis in Vrndavana remained very morose on account of Krsna's absence. All day they were thinking of Krsna in the forest or of Him herding cows in the pasture
- Another gopi said, "Do not think that one can be killed only by certain weapons. We are being killed by Your (Krsna's) absence. You should consider how You are responsible for killing women"
- Arjuna had attained this stage long before on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, and when he apparently felt the absence of the Lord, he at once took shelter of the instructions of the Bhagavad-gita, and thus again he was placed in his original position
- Arjuna was lamentingly remembering the incident in the absence of the Lord, by whose strength only he was so powerful
- As soon as Krsna and Balarama heard that Nanda Maharaja was waiting for Them and could not take his food in Their absence, They started to return
- As they (Krsna and the cowherd boys) approached the village, all the gopis became very joyous. Throughout the day the gopis used to think of Krsna while He was in the forest, and in His absence they were considering one moment to be like twelve years
- Because of the Lord's pastimes and activities and because of His absence, it appeared that Arjuna forgot the instructions left by the Personality of Godhead. But factually this was not the case, and again he became lord of his senses
- Being greatly disturbed by the absence of Krsna, they (the gopis) simply thought all day and night about His pastimes and thus derived some consolation
- Dear Krsna, while You were absent from the city, we passed our days in the darkness of night
- Due to Krsna's absence, they (the gopis) all became crazy; each one of them told the others that she was Krsna Himself
- During the absence of Krsna, the entire day would appear to the gopis to be as unbearable as a hot day in autumn. The Lord so much appreciated this natural feeling of the gopis that He declared His inability to repay their intense love
- He (Caitanya) prays in His Siksastaka (7): O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence
- He (Krsna) always remains there. The explanation of expert devotees is that Krsna was actually not absent from Vrndavana; He came back with Nanda Maharaja as promised
- He (Pradyumna) said, "I do not even wish to stay at Dvaraka in the absence of my father (Krsna)"
- Here the example is given of the Deities in the house of a professional brahmana because such Deities are not at all attractive. The friends of Krsna, in the absence of Krsna, were appearing like such neglected Deities
- In His absence I (Arjuna) have been defeated by a number of infidel cowherd men while I was guarding the bodies of all the wives of Krsna
- In Krsna's absence, Brahma took all the boys and calves to another place. Thus he became entangled, for in the very near future he would see how powerful Krsna was - SB 10.13.15
- In Krsna's absence, the gopis had been coming dutifully to visit mother Yasoda's house early in the morning. They knew that Nanda Maharaja and mother Yasoda were always grief-stricken
- In the absence of Krsna and Balarama there was a conspiracy by many men, including even Akrura and Krtavarma, who were devotees of Lord Krsna, to take the jewel from Satrajit
- In the absence of Krsna the gopis were constantly shedding tears, but sometimes, when they expected that Krsna was coming, they would stop crying. But when they saw that Krsna was not coming, then again they would become frustrated and begin to cry
- In this way all the gopis were madly feeling the absence of Krsna. They inquired about Him from the trees and plants
- It does not mean that when Krsna was present on this planet, Krsna was absent in Goloka Vrndavana. No. It is not like that. Just like I am now present here, I am absent in my apartment. Krsna is not like that. Krsna can be present everywhere
- Krsna and Balarama did not return to Vrndavana can be adjusted as follows: They did not break Their promise to return to Vrndavana, nor were They absent, but Their presence was necessary in Mathura
- Krsna continued, "I was simply seeing how much you were anxious for Me in My absence. So please do not try to find fault with Me. Because you consider Me so dear to you, kindly excuse Me if I have done anything wrong"
- Krsna said, "We passed the whole night in that way, and early in the morning, when our absence became known to our gurudeva, he sent his other disciples to search us out"
- Krsna's friend said, "At Vrndavana all the residents have become blind from their continuous crying over Your absence. They are full only of anxieties and are not cheered at all by Your (Krsna) becoming the King of Mathura"
- Kuntidevi pointed out distinguished features (of Krsna) and was afraid of ill luck in the absence of the Lord
- Madhumangala said, "I think I can guess the reason for Your absent-mindedness when I see Your two eyes flying over to the eyes of Radharani, just like black drones flying to lotus flowers"
- Malina-angata, uncleanliness, is described as follows: Uddhava said to Krsna, O most auspicious Krsna, please hear me. The tribulation caused by Your absence has made Visakha languid. Her lips tremble like trees in a strong wind
- O lotus-eyed Lord (Krsna), whenever You go away to Mathura, Vrndavana or Hastinapura to meet Your friends and relatives, every moment of Your absence seems like a million years. O infallible one, at that time our eyes become useless, as if bereft of sun
- O My Lord, O My husband, O most dearly beloved! O mighty-armed Lord! Where are You? Where are You? O My friend, reveal Yourself to Your maidservant, who is very much aggrieved by Your absence
- On account of presence and absence of Krsna things become material and spiritual. If you keep yourself always in Krsna consciousness then you are spiritual, and if you forget Krsna, material
- Pradyumna felt great separation from Krsna when He was absent from Dvaraka at the battlefield of Kuruksetra
- Protesting Krsna's absence from Vrndavana, another gopi said, "My dear Balaramaji, we are of course village girls, so Krsna could cheat us in that way, but what about the women of Dvaraka? Don't think they are as foolish as we are!"
- Since Krsna was absent from home, His wife Satyabhama was present on the night Satrajit was murdered, and she began to cry, "My dear father! My dear father! How mercilessly you have been killed"
- Sridama said, "Believe me, my dear friend, a moment's absence from You creates great havoc, not only for us but for the cows also. Everything becomes disarranged, and we become mad after You"
- Such descriptions of Krsna’s transcendental pastimes and activities were remembered by the gopis during His absence from Vrndavana. They give us some idea of how attractive Krsna is, not only to human beings but to all animate and inanimate objects
- Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence. This is the perfectional stage of chanting
- That P. of God, the reservoir of all goodness & beauty, Lord Krsna, has now closed His transcendental pastimes on the face of the earth. In His absence the age of Kali has spread its influence everywhere, so I am sorry to see this condition of existence
- The devotee increasingly feels the absence of Krsna, for without Him one cannot drink the nectar of His beauty
- The entire material creation is resting on Krsna's energy, either material, spiritual or marginal, but because His form is absent from the expansion of His energy, He is not personally present
- The example of the damsels of Vrajabhumi Vrndavana (the gopis) is given because these eternal consorts of God terribly suffered the separation of Lord Krsna when God was absent from their presence for His engagement in tending the cows in the forest
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka said, "If we cannot see You because You are long absent from Dvaraka, then it will be impossible for us to live anymore"
- The mild wind blowing through the gardens of fruits and flowers in Vrndavana appeared very much pleasing to all - all but the gopis, who were always overtaken by heartfelt sorrow in the absence of Krsna
- The most brilliant part of His supreme character was that He (Krsna) begged pardon from His parents for being unable to serve their feet while absent from home because of fear of Kamsa
- The queens of Lord Krsna were all in meditation, thinking of the Lord's absence, and were always meditating upon Him
- Their (the locked up gopis) ecstasy of transcendental love for Krsna in His absence ended all their reactions to material pious activities
- There were chances of separation between the Lord and His thousands of queens because of the Lord's being absent from home
- They (gopis) are always in trance, and so the queens also were in trance during the absence of the Lord
- They (the gopis) became very much saddened because of His (Krsna’s) absence, and this incident is explained by Sukadeva Gosvami to Maharaja Pariksit
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and did not desire any personal benefits, and they were all so much in love with Him that in His absence their voices faltered when they began to inquire from Balaramaji
- They addressed Him as Jagadisvara, or the Lord of the universe who maintains everyone. The reason for this was that Krsna and Balarama maintain all living entities. And yet Nanda and Yasoda were put into such difficulties on account of Their absence
- This (CC Madhya 8.276) verse (SB 10.35.9) is one of the songs the gopis sang during Krsna’s absence. In Krsna’s absence the gopis were always absorbed in thought of Him
- This song (CC Madhya 3.114) was composed to commemorate the separation of Krsna from Radharani during Krsna’s absence in Mathura. It is thought that this song was sung by Srimati Radharani when Krsna returned. It is technically called Mathura-viraha
- This verse (of CC Madhya 25.37) from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.46.43) was spoken by Uddhava when he came to pacify all the inhabitants of Vrndavana during Krsna’s absence
- Uddhava said to Krsna, O Murari, at home Srimati Radharani laughs unnecessarily and, like a madwoman, inquires about You from every entity without distinction, even from the stones. She rolls on the ground, unable to bear the agony of Your absence
- Unmada, madness, is explained as follows: Uddhava said to Krsna, My dear Krsna, all the gopis are so afflicted by Your absence that they have become almost mad
- When Arjuna apparently felt the absence of the Lord, he at once took shelter of the instructions of the Bhagavad-gita, and thus again he was placed in his original position
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana and was staying at Mathura, some of His friends informed Him
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana, all the cowherd boys became bewildered, and having given up all kinds of activities, they appeared to be mad and forgot all their regular business
- When Krsna was personally present, the codes of Krsna were being followed without question, but in His absence such codes are presented in the pages of Srimad-Bhagavatam for the guidance of the blind persons who happen to be at the helm of all affairs
- When mother Yasoda was lamenting Krsna's absence, the other ladies also began to cry
- When Radharani met Krsna at Kuruksetra, She remembered His intimate association in Vrndavana, and She thought, Now I have gained the Lord of My life. In His absence I was being burned by the arrow of Cupid & thus I was withering away. Now I have My life
- When the gopis arrived, Lord Balarama glanced over them with loving eyes. Being overjoyed, the gopis, who had so long been mortified on account of Krsna's and Balarama's absence, began to ask about the welfare of the two brothers
- When the gopis were overwhelmed with dissatisfaction due to Lord Krsna's absence from the rasa-lila, Krsna returned to them and told them, 'My dear gopis, our meeting is certainly free of all material contamination'
- When the Lord boy Krsna was absent from the village, the gopis at home used to worry about Him traversing the rough ground with His soft lotus feet
- When Vasudeva passed away, he (Arjuna) performed his funeral ceremony in the absence of Krsna. While Arjuna was taking all the wives of Krsna to Indraprastha, he was attacked on the way, and he could not protect the ladies in his custody
- While He (Krsna) had been absent from Dvaraka at the Battle of Kuruksetra, all the citizens of Dvaraka had become morose. Then, when He returned, the citizens joyfully received Him and said
- You (Radharani) are My (Krsna's) most dear, and I know that in My absence You cannot live for a moment. Just to keep You living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You
- You are My most dear, and I know that in My absence You cannot live for a moment. Just to keep You living, I worship Lord Narayana