Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► God's Absence (1 C, 1 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Absence"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A similar statement was given by Kuntidevi to Akrura: "My dear brother Akrura, my nephew Mukunda is long absent from us
- All the gopis in Vrndavana remained very morose on account of Krsna's absence. All day they were thinking of Krsna in the forest or of Him herding cows in the pasture
- Another gopi said, "Do not think that one can be killed only by certain weapons. We are being killed by Your (Krsna's) absence. You should consider how You are responsible for killing women"
- As soon as Krsna and Balarama heard that Nanda Maharaja was waiting for Them and could not take his food in Their absence, They started to return
- As they (Krsna and the cowherd boys) approached the village, all the gopis became very joyous. Throughout the day the gopis used to think of Krsna while He was in the forest, and in His absence they were considering one moment to be like twelve years
- Because of the Lord's pastimes and activities and because of His absence, it appeared that Arjuna forgot the instructions left by the Personality of Godhead. But factually this was not the case, and again he became lord of his senses
- Being greatly disturbed by the absence of Krsna, they (the gopis) simply thought all day and night about His pastimes and thus derived some consolation
- He (Krsna) always remains there. The explanation of expert devotees is that Krsna was actually not absent from Vrndavana; He came back with Nanda Maharaja as promised
- He (Pradyumna) said, "I do not even wish to stay at Dvaraka in the absence of my father (Krsna)"
- Here the example is given of the Deities in the house of a professional brahmana because such Deities are not at all attractive. The friends of Krsna, in the absence of Krsna, were appearing like such neglected Deities
- In His absence I (Arjuna) have been defeated by a number of infidel cowherd men while I was guarding the bodies of all the wives of Krsna
- In Krsna's absence, the gopis had been coming dutifully to visit mother Yasoda's house early in the morning. They knew that Nanda Maharaja and mother Yasoda were always grief-stricken
- In the absence of Krsna and Balarama there was a conspiracy by many men, including even Akrura and Krtavarma, who were devotees of Lord Krsna, to take the jewel from Satrajit
- In the absence of Krsna the gopis were constantly shedding tears, but sometimes, when they expected that Krsna was coming, they would stop crying. But when they saw that Krsna was not coming, then again they would become frustrated and begin to cry
- In this way all the gopis were madly feeling the absence of Krsna. They inquired about Him from the trees and plants
- It does not mean that when Krsna was present on this planet, Krsna was absent in Goloka Vrndavana. No. It is not like that. Just like I am now present here, I am absent in my apartment. Krsna is not like that. Krsna can be present everywhere
- Krsna and Balarama did not return to Vrndavana can be adjusted as follows: They did not break Their promise to return to Vrndavana, nor were They absent, but Their presence was necessary in Mathura
- Krsna continued, "I was simply seeing how much you were anxious for Me in My absence. So please do not try to find fault with Me. Because you consider Me so dear to you, kindly excuse Me if I have done anything wrong"
- Krsna said, "We passed the whole night in that way, and early in the morning, when our absence became known to our gurudeva, he sent his other disciples to search us out"
- Krsna's friend said, "At Vrndavana all the residents have become blind from their continuous crying over Your absence. They are full only of anxieties and are not cheered at all by Your (Krsna) becoming the King of Mathura"
- O lotus-eyed Lord (Krsna), whenever You go away to Mathura, Vrndavana or Hastinapura to meet Your friends and relatives, every moment of Your absence seems like a million years. O infallible one, at that time our eyes become useless, as if bereft of sun
- O My Lord, O My husband, O most dearly beloved! O mighty-armed Lord! Where are You? Where are You? O My friend, reveal Yourself to Your maidservant, who is very much aggrieved by Your absence
- On account of presence and absence of Krsna things become material and spiritual. If you keep yourself always in Krsna consciousness then you are spiritual, and if you forget Krsna, material
- Pradyumna felt great separation from Krsna when He was absent from Dvaraka at the battlefield of Kuruksetra
- Protesting Krsna's absence from Vrndavana, another gopi said, "My dear Balaramaji, we are of course village girls, so Krsna could cheat us in that way, but what about the women of Dvaraka? Don't think they are as foolish as we are!"
- Since Krsna was absent from home, His wife Satyabhama was present on the night Satrajit was murdered, and she began to cry, "My dear father! My dear father! How mercilessly you have been killed"
- Sridama said, "Believe me, my dear friend, a moment's absence from You creates great havoc, not only for us but for the cows also. Everything becomes disarranged, and we become mad after You"
- Such descriptions of Krsna’s transcendental pastimes and activities were remembered by the gopis during His absence from Vrndavana. They give us some idea of how attractive Krsna is, not only to human beings but to all animate and inanimate objects
- Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence. This is the perfectional stage of chanting
- That P. of God, the reservoir of all goodness & beauty, Lord Krsna, has now closed His transcendental pastimes on the face of the earth. In His absence the age of Kali has spread its influence everywhere, so I am sorry to see this condition of existence
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka said, "If we cannot see You because You are long absent from Dvaraka, then it will be impossible for us to live anymore"
- The mild wind blowing through the gardens of fruits and flowers in Vrndavana appeared very much pleasing to all - all but the gopis, who were always overtaken by heartfelt sorrow in the absence of Krsna
- The most brilliant part of His supreme character was that He (Krsna) begged pardon from His parents for being unable to serve their feet while absent from home because of fear of Kamsa
- Their (the locked up gopis) ecstasy of transcendental love for Krsna in His absence ended all their reactions to material pious activities
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and did not desire any personal benefits, and they were all so much in love with Him that in His absence their voices faltered when they began to inquire from Balaramaji
- They addressed Him as Jagadisvara, or the Lord of the universe who maintains everyone. The reason for this was that Krsna and Balarama maintain all living entities. And yet Nanda and Yasoda were put into such difficulties on account of Their absence
- When Arjuna apparently felt the absence of the Lord, he at once took shelter of the instructions of the Bhagavad-gita, and thus again he was placed in his original position
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana and was staying at Mathura, some of His friends informed Him
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana, all the cowherd boys became bewildered, and having given up all kinds of activities, they appeared to be mad and forgot all their regular business
- When the gopis arrived, Lord Balarama glanced over them with loving eyes. Being overjoyed, the gopis, who had so long been mortified on account of Krsna's and Balarama's absence, began to ask about the welfare of the two brothers
- When the gopis were overwhelmed with dissatisfaction due to Lord Krsna's absence from the rasa-lila, Krsna returned to them and told them, 'My dear gopis, our meeting is certainly free of all material contamination'
- When Vasudeva passed away, he (Arjuna) performed his funeral ceremony in the absence of Krsna. While Arjuna was taking all the wives of Krsna to Indraprastha, he was attacked on the way, and he could not protect the ladies in his custody
- While He (Krsna) had been absent from Dvaraka at the Battle of Kuruksetra, all the citizens of Dvaraka had become morose. Then, when He returned, the citizens joyfully received Him and said
- You (Radharani) are My (Krsna's) most dear, and I know that in My absence You cannot live for a moment. Just to keep You living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You
- You are My most dear, and I know that in My absence You cannot live for a moment. Just to keep You living, I worship Lord Narayana