Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hoped | hoping | hopes | hope
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Caitanya's Hoping (1 P)
- ► Future Hope (22 P)
- ► I Hope (Prabhupada) (127 P)
- ► No Hope (11 P)
- ► Trust (8 C, 39 P)
Pages in category "Hope"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- A pretender is sometimes seen possessing imitative attachment to Krsna, that will not be accepted as real attachment. It may be said that such attachment gives the pretender hope that he may eventually rise onto the platform of pure devotional service
- After taking shelter in the holy name of the Lord and becoming immune, one should strictly restrain oneself from committing sinful acts with a hope that his method of chanting the holy name will give him protection
- Akrura continued, "I (Akrura) hope you will treat your sons and the sons of Pandu equally"
- Although he is always burning with anxiety, such a fool always performs all kinds of mischievous activities, with a hope which is never to be fulfilled, in order to maintain his so-called family and society
- Although in the beginning the princes (Jarasandha party) had been full of hope for success in their heroic action, after their defeat they could only try to encourage Sisupala with flattering words
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was thinking that the quantity of food was enormous, Nityananda Prabhu, on the contrary, thought it not even a morsel. He had been fasting for three days and had greatly hoped to break fast on that day
- Another gopi said, "It is an unreasonable hope for us to expect Krsna to come back to Vrndavana. We should try instead to be happy in disappointment. Even Pingala, the great prostitute, said that disappointment is the greatest pleasure"
- As is stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, devotional service is transcendental and has no cause. Devotional service is executed without any hope for gain, and it cannot be checked by any material circumstances
- At the same time, they continued to hope that Krsna would be their husband. Their attitude toward Krsna was that of paramour love. Therefore, the loving affairs of Krsna with the gopis are called parakiya-rasa
- At the time of birth, a person's situation according to different astral influence, and then the astrology science can make his horoscope, his future activities, his future hopes
- Because of a false hope for happiness, the conditioned soul becomes involved in various plans for material activity. Here Maharaja Satyavrata prays that the Lord sever this hard knot of false happiness and thus become his supreme spiritual master
- Because the karmi is bewildered, he is baffled in his hopes, baffled in his activities, and baffled in his knowledge
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part two - Abhilasa means aspiration, hope, or ambition. He (Govinda dasa) is ambitious of becoming a devotee in nine different ways
- By self-control one can be free from false hopes, and money can be saved by avoiding undesirable association
- I sincerely hope that by understanding the teachings of Lord Caitanya presented in this book, Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, human society will experience a new light of spiritual life, which will open the field of activity for the pure soul
- I thus offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of Vrndavana dasa Thakura. I hope that I will not offend his lotus feet by this action
- If he is attracted by servitorship to Krsna, he will no longer have to serve the material body in the degraded status of material existence, with the false hope of becoming master in the future
- If you are doing so nicely in Austin and neighbouring places, then go on with that program. And go on preaching on the college campuses, as you are planning to do in San Antonio. These colleges are our great future hope
- If You, out of Your mercy, send one of Your outer garments to the King, the King would live hoping to see You some time in the future
- In autumn, farmers save the water within the fields by building strong walls so that the water contained within the field cannot run out. There is hardly any hope for new rainfall; therefore they want to save whatever is in the field
- In India, everyone is feeling some sort of anxiety due to the political condition, so I have given them a sort of hope that if they take to Krsna Consciousness their problems will be solved
- In our conditioned life we are bitten by so many types of Maya snakes, and more and more we are put into unconsciousness of mind without any hope of eternal life. Krishna Consciousness is the only herb for such Maya snake-bite condition
- In the material forest, the conditioned soul sometimes contemplates great castles and skyscrapers, and he wastes his energy for such things, hoping to live in them very peacefully with his family forever. However, the laws of nature do not allow this
- In this way, Krsna appeared before the brahmana and said, "My dear brahmana, I hope that you are executing the religious principles without difficulty and that your mind is always peaceful"
- It has been generalized, manda: "all bad." But only difference is that in our camp the bad's are being reformed; outside there is no reforming. There is hope of their being good, but outside there is no hope. That is the difference
- Krsna addressed Jarasandha as follows: "My dear King, please note that we are not actually brahmanas, nor have we come to ask for food or grain. We are all ksatriyas, & we have come to beg a duel with you. We hope that you will agree to this proposal."
- Krsna said, "O ladies of Vrndavana, you are very fortunate, and you are very dear to Me. I am very much pleased that you have come here, and I hope everything is well in Vrndavana"
- Krsna said, "We three (Krsna, Arjuna & Bhima) guests at your royal palace have come from a great distance to ask you for charity, and we hope that you will kindly bestow upon us whatever we ask from you. We know about your good qualities"
- Lord Brahma hoped that since he was, after all, Lord Krsna's subordinate, the Lord would kindly take compassion upon him and excuse him for his gross mistake
- Lord Brahma underwent a severe type of meditation for one thousand celestial years, yet he said that the glories of the Lord are inconceivable. Therefore what can the froggish philosophers hope to gain from their mental speculations?
- Many thanks for your encouraging letter. I am improving and hope to see you all again in due course of time. My habit is not to remain stationary
- My request is that - you are all young boys and girls, flowers of the country - don't feel frustration and confused. There is nice hope in Krsna consciousness
- On the other hand, the tree of material entanglement, which thrives on fruitive activities and their results, can never bring forth any hope for peace
- One gopi said, "We are losing our senses in deciding whether we shall continue as chaste women or be victimized by the beauty of Krsna. My dear friend, I think that we have lost all hope of life!"
- One should devoutly execute the regulative principles of devotional service and at the same time hope for Krsna's favor or for His devotee's favor
- Our potency lies in presenting our understanding of Krsna as he is, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. We cannot compromise in any one with any other understanding. Hoping this meets you in good health
- Our request is that younger section may not feel confused and frustration. There is very nice hope
- Relationship between Godbrothers must be very genuine and pleasing, otherwise the future of our institution will not be very hopeful. After all, very soon you have to manage
- Rupa said, "I simply wish and hope that some way or other I may be able to approach Your lotus feet, and this hope is giving me pain, because I think myself quite incompetant to approach that transcendental goal of life"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "This place is just befitting You. Please accept it. It is the hope of Kasi Misra that You do"
- Similarly, those who are engaged in fruitive pious activities and who are ultimately hoping to be liberated from this material entanglement will never be successful either, because they deride the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- So long there is deliberation of sinful and pious activities, that is called karma. Karma has got two results, either suffering or enjoying. Of course, in this material world there is no enjoyment. But with the hope of enjoyment, we agree to suffer
- Srila Prabhupada had a great hope to preach the gospel of Sri Rupa and Raghunath in these parts of the world. At the same time there is a great prospect for preaching the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in this part of the world
- The cowherd boys said, "O earthly gods, kindly hear us, who are ordered by Lord Krsna and Balarama. We hope you know Them both very well, and we wish you all good fortune. Krsna and Balarama are tending cows nearby, and we have accompanied Them"
- The demoniac class of men will always remain, but unless there is a strong body to present God Consciousness proposals to the leaders of the world, there will be no hope
- The gopis continued, "We hope that the members of the Yadu dynasty are very happy in the association of Krsna, who can fulfill all the desires of His devotees"
- The gopis said, "We have left our homes with the hope that we shall completely devote and dedicate our lives to Your (Krsna's) service. We are simply begging to be engaged as Your servants"
- The King then said, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda. He is very merciful, and I hope that in a future birth He will allow me an interview
- The messenger said, "(Anyone who surrenders unto Your lotus feet is immediately immune to the reactions of sinful life) We therefore offer ourselves wholeheartedly unto Your shelter, and we hope that Your Lordship will now give us full protection"
- The personified Vedas, "And, as far as we are concerned, being different demigods in charge of the different parts of Vedic knowledge, we are always following in the footsteps of the gopis. Thus we hope to attain the same perfection"
- The pure devotee is only favorably engaged in the service of the Lord, without any hope of emolument. This will bring about love of Godhead, or the stage of santam and anandam
- The whole basis of the devotional service is utsaha. Just like unless there was utsaha, how a man of seventy years old, without any hope, could go to such distant place from Vrndavana to New York? The only platform was utsaha
- There are many millions of planets far, far beyond the scientist's calculation. But these are only the manifestations of the Lord's material energy. What can the scientist hope to know of the spiritual potency of the Lord by such material efforts
- There is no end to sense gratificatory business, and the conditioned soul becomes entangled in such servitude without hope of release. The release is only effected by association with pure devotees
- This stage of rendering transcendental loving service to the Lord without any hopes of emolument from the Lord, or any other way, can be attained when the material senses are purified and the original pure state of the senses is revived
- This will enable him, one day, to see the Lord by being promoted either directly to the spiritual kingdom or, indirectly, to the heavenly kingdom, where he has hope of being transferred to the spiritual planets
- Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demoniac and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities and their culture of knowledge are all defeated
- Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated
- When the beautiful princesses of the serpent kings, hoping for the Lord's (Ananta) auspicious blessing, smear His arms with aguru pulp, sandalwood pulp and kunkuma, the touch of His limbs awakens lusty desires within them
- While Krsna was joking in this way with the damsels of Braja, who with great hope had come to enjoy the rasa dance with Him, Subala was also on the scene, and he began to look at Krsna with wide and laughing eyes
- While Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was departing, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya submitted the following at His lotus feet, "My Lord, I have one final request that I hope You will kindly fulfill"