Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Writings"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- According to Darwin's theory, 5000 years ago, men were uncivilized. Now this literature is written by uncivilized men. Just see. So highly intellectual writings, they were uncivilized. Now they have become civilized. That is Darwin's theory
- After writing this and thus accepting the real purport of the Gita, how can Dr. Radhakrishnan later state that Lord Krsna's body and soul are different? Such an idea must be a result of his materialistic education
- All the six Gosvamis, they used to sit down and discuss Srimad-Bhagavatam. Gopala Bhatta Gosvami was reading, and all the other Gosvamis, Rupa, Sanatana, they were hearing, and Jiva Gosvami was writing comment
- I approve of the arrangement for the writing on the "Bhaktivedanta Swami Gate"
- I have given in writing. My will, my executive power, everything. Disaster will happen if you cannot manage it
- I offer my respects to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose desire I have become like a dancing dog and suddenly taken to the writing of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, although I am a fool
- I pray to the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha - so that all impediments to my writing this literature will be annihilated and my real desire will be fulfilled
- I see that the truths regarding transcendental mellows that You expounded through my mouth are all explained in the writings of Srila Rupa Gosvami
- I shall always pray to Krishna that you may come out a successful and eminent scholar so that your writings and thoughts may be seriously taken by the mundane wranglers
- I shall call so many people, "Come and live with me and be trained up." I am just writing one advertisement. We shall have to publish it
- I specifically formed the BBT to invest in it exclusive rights for the printing of all literature containing my teachings, writings and lectures
- I want that in all of our books, magazines and other writings the scholarly presentation be given in all instances, so for every Sanskrit word there must be the appropriate spelling and diacritic marks
- If you don't accept Krsna's works, which are very plainly explained in the Bhagavad gita, then you have to remain in this mrtyu-samsara-vartmani. It is very plain truth. There is no doubt about it
- In other words, a person who has relished the transcendental bliss of Srimad-Bhagavatam cannot be satisfied with mundane writings
- In the writings of so-called poets there is generally a possibility of overlapping transcendental mellows. When the mellows thus go against the conclusive understanding, no one likes to hear such poetry
- It appears from your writings that you are a true devotee of the Lord and you have respect for other devotees. That is a very good sign of a devotee
- It has been suggested that Candidasa and Vidyapati were great friends because the writings of both express the transcendental feelings of separation profusely
- Narada Muni uses the word japah, which indicates that the mantra to be chanted is very confidential. One may ask, "If it is confidential, why is it mentioned in the writing of Srimad-Bhagavatam?"
- Now this Arjunacarya...that's a very nice story. When he was writing commentaries, oh, he thought, "How is that Lord will come Himself and deliver the goods? Oh, it is not possible. He might be sending through some agents"
- One day while Rupa Gosvami was writing his book, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu suddenly appeared
- One gosvami, he has taken very much objection to this writing, and he is making propaganda against me like anything. There was arrangement of reception. He stopped it
- One should write transcendental literature to purify oneself, not for credit. By writing about the pastimes of the Lord, one associates with the Lord directly
- Sastra means the transcendental literature, not ordinary writings. That is sastra. Just like Bhagavad-gita is sastra, Veda is sastra, or Bible, sastra. Scripture means given by God or His authorized representative. That is sastra
- Srila Rupa Gosvami warns devotees to not commit such incompatibilities in their writings or in their dealings
- Such activities are so nicely arranged in writing by the greatly learned sages that the actual purpose of the ear is served just by being near them
- That gentleman has written, "Swami Bhaktivedanta will be remembered for centuries, making history." Is not that?
- That songs writing we cannot regard very seriously. That will spoil the whole thing. But you can utilize your propensity to write poems and articles for BTG, for singing in the kirtana, like that
- The fiction writers, poets and celebrated litterateurs are generally engaged in writing of sensuous subjects, but if they turn towards the service of the Lord they can describe the transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- The Lord inquired, "What kind of book are you writing?" He held up a palm leaf that was a page of the manuscript, and when He saw the fine handwriting, His mind was very pleased
- The Lord, however, encouraged Rupa Gosvami, saying, "Why are you embarrassed? You should recite it so the devotees can hear the good fruit of your writing"
- The people in this age, they will be dull-headed rascals. Therefore, if they get this knowledge recorded in writing, they may be able to derive some benefit
- The regulation was that Lord Caitanya's secretary, Svarupa Damodara, first examined all of these writings scrutinizingly
- The standard for writing dramas has been set by Rupa Gosvami. If a devotee hears the introductory portions of his two dramas, they enhance his transcendental pleasure
- The subject matter of this book is so sublime that it appears that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has personally spoken through the writings of Sri Vrndavana dasa Thakura
- There are different branches of knowledge in the Vedic writings, including sociology, politics, medicine and military art. All these and other branches of knowledge are perfectly described in the Vedas
- There are many instances in the various Vedic writings of persons who were aspiring after liberation by speculative knowledge but gave up this process in order to take complete shelter under the lotus feet of Krsna
- There is an account of Rukminidevi's writing a letter to Krsna requesting Him to kidnap her before her marriage to another person. At that time the specific attachment of Rukmini for Krsna was expressed by Rukmini as follows
- There was no need to refer to books, and therefore there were no written books in those days. The spiritual master delivered the Vedic hymns and their explanations to the student, who would then remember them forever, without consulting books
- Those who are on the mental platform, they're writing poetries and philosophical speculation to satisfy the mind. Similarly, there is intellectual platform. But soul is above intellect
- Thus being pleased, the Lord praised the writing by saying, "The handwriting of Rupa Gosvami is just like rows of pearls"
- Transcendental activities of the Lord are so arranged in writing by the great sages that simply by hearing of those narrations one becomes perfectly self-realized, and the proper use of the ear and the tongue is also achieved