Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Very Learned"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- Very learned (BG and SB)
- Very learned (CC and Other Books)
- Very learned (Conversations 1967 - 1975)
- Very learned (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- Very learned (Lectures, BG ch 1 - 3)
- Very learned (Lectures, BG ch 4 - 18)
- Very learned (Lectures, NOD - CC - ISO)
- Very learned (Lectures, Other)
- Very learned (Lectures, SB cantos 1 - 2)
- Very learned (Lectures, SB cantos 3 - 5)
- Very learned (Lectures, SB cantos 6 - 12)
- Very learned (Letters)
- A brahmana must be very learned scholar. Brahmana pandita. He must be scholar. Scholar means not ordinary, but in transcendental science
- Academically very learned
- Academically, one may be very learned, but because of his long association with material nature, he is in bondage
- According to Bhagavad-gita, if you don't follow the instruction of Bhagavad-gita, you may be very learned scholar, whatever you write, it is lost. We follow that principle
- According to sastra, the effect of pious activity is that you can get birth in a very respectable, aristocratic family, you can get very nice wealthy position, you can become very beautiful, and you can become very learned
- Actually, sastra is not for the loafer class. For highly learned brahmanas and highly elevated ksatriyas. And the vaisyas and the sudras, they are not expected to become very learned in sastra
- Alas, how pitiable it is for Indra, the King of heaven, that although he is very learned and powerful and although he chose Brhaspati as his prime minister to instruct him, he is completely ignorant concerning spiritual advancement
- Although Mayavadis may be honored at first as very learned scholars, ultimately they descend to physical activities of politics, social work, etc. Instead of becoming one with the Supreme Lord, they again become one with these material activities
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, a person who is actually a brahmana and is very learned must automatically become very gentle also. But although Romaharsana Suta was very learned and had been given the chance to become a brahmana, he had not become gentle
- Bali Maharaja lamented that although Indra was very learned, he did not know how to use his intelligence properly, for instead of asking Vamanadeva to allow him to engage in His service, Indra used Him to beg Bali Maharaja for material wealth
- Brahmana, his qualification is that he knows what is his business. And that business is sat-karma. Sat-karma means a brahmana has to become very learned. Pathana. He must be a serious student of Vedic religion. That is first qualification
- Brahmanas are supposed to acquire six kinds of auspicious qualifications: they become very learned scholars (pathana) and very qualified teachers (pathana)
- If one associates with Krsna, if one talks with Krsna, he must be very abhijnah, very learned, because he takes lessons from Krsna. Therefore Krsna's knowledge is perfect, therefore, because he takes knowledge from Krsna, his knowledge is also perfect
- If you can speak very vehemently, any subject matter, people may or may not understand, and they will certify you: "Oh, this man is very learned." "What you have learned from him?" "Oh, I could not understand, but he's spoke very nicely"
- If you have got a very wealthy friend or very learned friend or beautiful friend, you try to love him. You want to make friendship with him. So God means He is the most richest, most powerful, most learned, most beautiful
- If you immediately accept the words of, accept the words of Krsna-sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam, that is very good. But if you are very learned philosopher, scientist, then read books. Both ways we have prepared to convince you
- In material existence, four things are very valuable: to be born in a decent family, to be very rich, to be very learned and to be very beautiful. These are considered to be material assets
- It is especially the case in the acarya or gosvami families (that the children receive a spiritual impetus from the very beginning of their life). Such families are very learned and devoted by tradition and training, and thus they become spiritual masters
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "Although they (the demigods) are very learned and expert, they cannot understand the musical arrangements of Krsna’s flute. They simply listen attentively and try to understand, but they become bewildered and nothing more"
- One may be very learned in the mundane estimation, but that does not mean that he is free from all low activities of lust and anger
- One should satisfy the spiritual master (acarya), who is very learned in Vedic literature, and should satisfy his assistant priests (known as hota, udgata, adhvaryu and brahma)
- One should see to the duhkha, unhappiness, on account of birth and death. So suppose you will get next life in the heavenly planet, or you shall become very rich man, or you shall become very learned man, but you have to go through these distresses, janma
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was a very learned scholar, but I have heard that he also has become a madman due to his association with this Caitanya
- Seeing the movements of time, those who are cognizant of the real truth neither rejoice nor lament for different circumstances. Therefore, because you (Indra) are jubilant due to your victory, you should be considered not very learned
- So it is not that this devotional line, disciplic succession, they are necessarily very poor in knowledge. They are full in knowledge. One many not be personally very learned, but because we follow the disciplic succession
- Thakura Visvanatha Cakravarti, another very learned acarya of the same (Gaudiya) sampradaya, has approved the songs by Thakura Narottama dasa to be as good as Vedic mantras. And this is so because of the subject matter
- The chief acarya of the Tattvavada community was very learned in the revealed scriptures. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu humbly questioned him
- The devotee should try to see all living entities on the same equal level of spiritual existence. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, a pandita, one who is learned, sees equally a very learned brahmana, a sudra, a hog, a dog and a cow
- The Lord said, "Since you are all very learned personalities, whatever you decide I shall accept"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, there are many mystic yogis who are very learned and deliberate in achieving the highest perfection of life. They engage themselves in the yogic process of controlling the life-air within the body"
- The sastras enjoin that even though a brahmana may be well versed in the occupational brahminical duties and may be very learned in Vedic knowledge, he cannot give advice as a guru until he is a Vaisnava
- The senses are so uncontrollably powerful that in the presence of a woman one may become agitated, even if he is very learned and advanced
- The sex impulse is so strong that even if one is very learned, he becomes agitated in such circumstances. If this is the case, how can a young man in a nice park remain calm and quiet after seeing a beautiful young woman
- There are many persons who are very rich, very powerful, very beautiful, very famous, very learned, and very much detached, but no one can claim that he possesses all riches, all strength, etc., entirely
- They (brahmanas) are supposed to be engaged in brahminical occupations, as described in the Bhagavad-gita namely, they must be very learned and must perform austerity and penances. Not only must they themselves be learned, but they must also teach others
- Those who are veda-vada-rata pose themselves as very learned in the Vedic literature, but unfortunately they are completely diverted from the purpose of the Vedas
- To become a spiritual master is not easy job. One must be very learned scholar and must have full realization of the self and everything
- We are experiencing, if we speak something impersonal, they think it is very learned speech, and when we speak of something personal they think it is old, old style. This is nonsense
- We do not require to be very learned scholar or very rich men or to take birth in a very high family. We do not require all these things