Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
utensils | utensil
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Utensils"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- He (Kholaveca Sridhara) could not afford brass utensils, and therefore he drank water from an iron pot. Nevertheless, he was a great devotee of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (Kholaveca Sridhara) was so very poor that he lived in a cottage that had a broken roof with many holes in it. He could not afford brass utensils, and therefore he drank water from an iron pot
- In Bengal there is a proverb that even if there are some dead metal utensils but when they are together they make so much noise, so what to speak of living utensils. So this is natural
- In modern times, girls and ladies have ornaments made of plastic instead of gold, and plastic utensils are used instead of golden ones, yet people are very proud of their material wealth
- In other incarnations, the Lord had to exert some energy according to the time and circumstances, but in this form He exhibited unlimited potency. Thus the handcart collapsed, its joints broken, and all the metal pots and utensils scattered
- King, he arranged for distributing to the brahmanas so many golden utensils that when they were given to the brahmana, each and every brahmana, some of them thought, "What is the use of such load?" This is brahmana
- Krsna and Balarama thus satisfied Nanda and Yasoda by sweet words and by presentations of various kinds of clothing, ornaments and copper utensils
- On hearing the statement of Upananda, all the cowherd men immediately agreed. "Let us immediately go there." Everyone then loaded all their household furniture and utensils onto the carts and prepared to go to Vrndavana
- One very rich ksatriya of the royal order constructed a temple, someone made cooking utensils, and someone constructed boundary walls
- Other requirements are utensils, grains, clarified butter, honey, gold, earth, water, the Rg Veda, Yajur Veda and Sama Veda and four priests to perform the sacrifice
- The brahmanas' statement is that Lord Visnu is everything - the fire, the offering, the clarified butter, the utensils, the place of sacrifice and the kusa
- The suggested ceremonial gifts for the spiritual master are as follows: grains; fruits; ghee; flowers; clothing and garments; bedding; shoes; umbrellas; asana; sacred thread; utensils; lamp; bead bags; neck beads; incense; ornaments; money
- Those (brahmanas) who were not married were given wives, maidservants, grain, silver, utensils, garments, jewels, household furniture, chariots, etc. This charity was nicely performed as a sacrifice according to the Vedic rituals
- When there are ample earthly flats to lie on, what is the necessity of cots and beds? When one can use his own arms, what is the necessity of a pillow? When one can use the palms of his hands, what is the necessity of varieties of utensils?
- When there was no so-called advancement of civilization, people used to eat on utensils made of silver, gold, at least metal. Now they're using plastic. And still, they are proud of advancement of civilization