Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pan | pans
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and Pan (1 P)
Pages in category "Pan"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Madana-mohana always chews pan that surpasses the nectar of heaven
- Mother Yasoda returned to the churning place after setting the overflowing milk pan in order. She saw the broken pot, in which the churning yogurt had been kept. Since she could not find her boy (Krsna), she concluded that the broken pot was His work
- She (one gopi) praised His (Krsna's) blackish complexion, the reddish color of chewing pan enhancing His beauty hundreds of times, the curling hair on His head, the kunkuma red spots on His body and the tilaka on His forehead
- Sometimes the gopis would think about His (Krsna's) soft nails, His moving eyebrows and His teeth, which were catechu-colored from chewing pan
- Sometimes the gopis would think about His soft nails, moving eyebrows and His teeth, which were catechu colored from chewing pan
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave chewed pan, or betel nut, to Murari Gupta
- The Deity (Madhavendra Puri's Gopala deity) was first offered many varieties of food, then scented drinking water in new pots, and then water for washing the mouth. Finally pan mixed with a variety of spices was offered
- The following offenses are listed: (c) to chew pan and betel before the Deity, (d) to keep flowers for worship on the leaf of a castor oil plant, (e) to worship the Deity in the afternoon
- The use of pan, haritaki, betel nuts, various spices used in pan-making, tobacco, LSD, marijuana, opium, liquor, coffee and tea is indulged in to fulfill illicit demands
- There are many nice things offered to Krsna - garlands, bedsteads, nice ornaments, nice food and even nicely prepared pan, betel nuts - but a humble Vaisnava, thinking his body material and nasty, does not accept such preparations for himself