Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Unnecessary (1 C, 112 P)
Pages in category "Unnecessarily"
The following 147 pages are in this category, out of 147 total.
- Unnecessarily (BG)
- Unnecessarily (CC and Other Books)
- Unnecessarily (Conversations 1968 - 1975)
- Unnecessarily (Conversations 1976 - 1977)
- Unnecessarily (Lectures, BG)
- Unnecessarily (Lectures, Other)
- Unnecessarily (Lectures, SB cantos 1 -2)
- Unnecessarily (Letters)
- Unnecessarily (SB cantos 1 - 5)
- Unnecessarily (SB cantos 7 - 12)
- A man becomes the greatest soul by accepting the goodness of others' qualities, but by unnecessarily considering others' good qualities to be bad, you (Daksa) have become the lowest of the fallen souls
- A man is running his motorcar, rarararara, and a dog is running. We don't see any difference, although he is on the motorcar. We don't find any difference. He is as good as the dog. Unnecessarily he is running. What is the meaning of running of the dog?
- A mundaner should not unnecessarily intrude into affairs of transcendence and thereby displease the Lord. One must always be on guard against this sort of devotional anomaly
- A pure devotee never wants to see the Lord unnecessarily. The Lord is engaged in various activities, and the pure devotee does not want to see Him whimsically, for his own sense gratification. The pure devotee simply depends on the Lord's mercy
- A sane man should understand the miserable condition of this material body. Without being unnecessarily upset, he should try to find out if there is a remedy
- Actually Maharaja Ambarisa was not at all at fault; Durvasa Muni unnecessarily wanted to chastise him on flimsy grounds
- After hearing the instructions of Narada Muni, the Haryasvas, the sons of Prajapati Daksa, decided not to be entangled in materialistic life by begetting hundreds of children and having to take care of them. This would have been unnecessarily entangling
- After installing Sahadeva on the throne, He (Krsna) released all the kings and princes who had been imprisoned unnecessarily by Jarasandha
- Aggressive materialistic warriors are actually punished by the Supreme Lord for their policy of unnecessarily disturbing world peace
- Akrura continued, "Only by chance do we assemble together in a family, society, community, nation, at the end, because every one of us has to give up the body, we must be separated. One should not, be unnecessarily affectionate toward family members"
- As for the maintenance of his family, a grhastha, while earning what he requires for his living, must be very conscientious and must not undergo extraordinary endeavor simply to accumulate money and unnecessarily increase in material comforts
- As the wild animal is killed when it creates disturbances, similarly any man who unnecessarily kills or terrifies the jungle animals or other animals must be punished at once
- Because of this vaisnava-aparadha (when Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care), an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava, Saubhari Muni fell from his exalted position of mystic tapasya
- Because the laborer cooperates, therefore demoniac persons they take advantage and make unnecessarily increase of artificial demands of the body. Better one should be satisfied with agricultural produce than go into large cities
- Because this son of King Anga, Vena, was born of a bad mother, he was very cruel, and he used to go to the forest and unnecessarily kill the animals
- Becoming materially and financially embarrassed, the conditioned soul unnecessarily chastises his family. In the material condition there are four principal needs, out of which sleep is compared to a python
- But gradually, Kaliya took advantage of this situation. He was unnecessarily puffed up by the volume of his accumulated poison, as well as by his material power, and he thought, "Why should Garuda be offered this sacrifice?"
- By such understanding, one is not so much materially active. One is satisfied with income which can simply maintain his body and soul together and he is no more interested to increase the bank balance unnecessarily for sense gratification
- By the association of devotee we awaken our inquisitiveness about God. Therefore the centers are required. It is not unnecessarily we are opening so many centers. No. It is for the benefit of the human society
- By the grace of the Lord, Kamsa felt sincere regret for having unnecessarily persecuted such Vaisnavas as Devaki and Vasudeva, and thus he came to the transcendental stage of knowledge
- Don't increase your necessities unnecessarily
- Don't question unnecessarily, waste your time, where you cannot surrender, where you cannot render your service
- Due to our greed, we eat unnecessarily, and such gluttony causes pain at the time of evacuation. The conclusion is that the living entity feels well if he evacuates properly
- Eating voraciously and unnecessarily is not the business of an Aryan. Rather, the eating process should be restricted as far as possible
- Economic development means to get more money and to satisfy senses more and more. This is the modern theory. But Krsna says that to achieve the perfection of life, one should be nirasih. Nirasih means unnecessarily desiring for sense gratification
- Even a high-court judge, because he has to spend more than his income, he adopted these vile means of living. The trend of modern civilization is like that. They unnecessarily increase their expenditure and adopt these all vile means
- Everyone should be taught to be very careful not to discharge semen unnecessarily. This is very important for all human beings
- Foolish interpreters unnecessarily tackle the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam when they have no access to the subject matter. There is no use in nondevotees' meddling with the two topmost Vedic literatures
- Foolish persons engrossed in their material assets are unnecessarily proud of being leaders of the people, but they ignore the spiritual value of man
- He (the King) has to suffer the resultant sequence of reactions for the sinful lives of the citizens because he levies taxes on them unnecessarily
- He has become a source of fear by unnecessarily harassing them. Since he has attained a boon from me, he has become a demon, always searching for a proper combatant, wandering all over the universe for this infamous purpose
- Human life is meant for attaining the highest perfection of KC, but when people are godless & the presidents or kings are unnecessarily puffed up with military power, their business is to fight and increase the military strength of their different states
- Hundred years ago they could do without motorcar, and now they cannot live without a car. In this way, unnecessarily, they’re increasing bodily or material necessities of life. This is recklessness
- I want that a high standard should be maintained, but unnecessarily changing and redecorating is also not good. So once you have established a very nice standard, avoid too much changing it again and again. That is wasting Krishna's money unnecessarily
- If immigration Visa's burdensome for the Society, then don't take the risk. I think to get immigration Visa is very difficult and therefore you may not unnecessarily involve the society in it
- If one has awakened his dormant love for Krsna, then what is the use in executing austerities and penances unnecessarily. The Krsna consciousness movement is the unique gift of Lord Caitanya to the fallen souls of this age
- If people are advised not to collect too many goods, eat too much or work unnecessarily to possess artificial amenities, they think they are being advised to return to a primitive way of life
- If semen is not discharged unnecessarily, one becomes extremely strong in memory, determination, activity and the vitality of one's bodily energy
- If you create a void in the Spirit unnecessarily, you have to create necessarily a fill-up in the material existence, and that is the cause why temples are being replaced by vulgar cinemas
- If you have got money keep it with you. Don't spoil it unnecessarily. Concentrate on bhajan along with your father and mother. That is my advice
- In a similar manner, the urges of the genitals, the sex impulse, can be controlled when not used unnecessarily. The genitals should be used to beget a Krsna conscious child, otherwise they should not be used
- In Kali-yuga, trees are indiscriminately and unnecessarily cut for industry, in particular for paper mills that manufacture a profuse quantity of paper for the publication of demoniac propaganda
- In the name of civilization we have increased so many unwanted things unnecessarily
- In the name of civilization, we have increased so many unwanted things, unnecessarily. This is called anartha
- In this state of mind one tries to hide his mind by looking away in different directions, by unnecessarily trying for something which is impossible, or by using words which cover one's real thoughts
- Instead of receiving some service from him to the state, the state has got to spend unnecessarily for him. That is a botheration. So those who are in indirect relationship with Krsna, they are botheration. They are simply giving trouble to Krsna
- It appears that foolish, demoniac human beings, when unnecessarily overpowered with material opulences, want to exhibit these opulences, and such foolish people feel satisfaction when these opulences are exhausted
- It is my habit to see that money is not being squandered. If money is spent unnecessarily, I feel very badly. You are collecting with great effort, and I do not like to see it spoiled
- It is not good however unnecessarily risk my life, but I think the predictions given by so many astrologers are not very sound. I take your advice that as soon as there are series of minor tremors I must leave for your shelter
- It is not good to become unnecessarily angry. Anger is the path to hellish life
- It would be better to take the horses for a proper price and let him gradually repay the balance. Why are you killing him unnecessarily
- Karmis, they have been described in the Bhagavad-gita: mudha, ass, simply unnecessarily working day and night, whole day and night. You see. Without taking care of the atma, without taking care of the religion
- Krsna appears in this world for two purposes, to protect the innocent, religious devotees of the Lord and to annihilate all the uneducated, uncultured asuras, who unnecessarily bark like dogs and fight among themselves for political power
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to save people from the hog civilization or dog civilization to human civilization. Human civilization means plain living and advancing in spiritual consciousness, not to increase unnecessarily artificial way of life
- Mother (Paurnamasi), just try to understand My (Radharani's) situation, and don't be unnecessarily angry with Me. Instead, please tell Me how I can save Myself from these terrible attacks of Krsna!
- Mother Yasoda could understand that Krsna was unnecessarily afraid, and for His benefit she wanted to allay His fears. Being the topmost well-wisher of her child, Yasoda thought, "If the child is too fearful of me, I don’t know what will happen to Him"
- My directions were not followed and now this is becoming a very burdensome situation unnecessarily. Why should we sacrifice the reputation of our Movement for one boy?
- Narada Muni continued, 'All the animals that you have killed and given unnecessary pain will kill you one after the other in your next life and in life after life'
- Narada Muni continued, 'My dear hunter, your business is killing animals. That is a slight offense on your part. But when you consciously give them unnecessary pain by leaving them half-dead, you incur very great sins'
- Narayana said, "Everyone greatly values his body because only with the body can one fulfill all the desires of one’s mind. We should not, therefore, unnecessarily give trouble to the body"
- Narayana said, "What is your purpose? Why have you come so far? I see that you are fatigued, so I request you to take a little rest. You should not unnecessarily tire your body"
- Neophyte devotees do not understand this sastric conclusion, and consequently they unnecessarily create an offensive situation
- Niyamagrahah means niyama, scheduled rules and regulation, not to accept. Niyama agraha or niyama agraha. Agraha means unnecessarily agraha, but without any result. That is called niyamagrahah
- Now India has learned, imitated the western countries. Now there is war between India and Pakistan. Otherwise there was no such thing. During two wars between the Pakistan and Hindustan, unnecessarily, without any profit, millions of people were killed
- Nowhere is it said that one can maintain a slaughterhouse in the name of temple worship and daily kill animals unnecessarily
- O mother (Parvati), you are now unnecessarily angry, but since all my (Citraketu) happiness and distress are destined by my past activities, I do not plead to be excused or relieved from your curse
- One gopi addressed Radharani thusly: "My dear Radharani, You are rebuking the sunshine unnecessarily, but I can understand that You are perspiring only because of Your becoming too lusty at seeing Krsna"
- One must be prepared to offer the necessary respect and honor to the spiritual master. He should not be unnecessarily envious of his Godbrothers
- One should not be very much anxious about economic development and unnecessarily waste time and energy with the risk of falling down in the cycle of birth and death
- One should not indulge in talking unnecessarily about news of the material world. One should not waste time in this way. This is a very important feature in the life of a devotee
- One who has materialistic motivations cannot become a servant, and one who unnecessarily bestows benedictions upon his servant to keep his own prestigious position is not a real master
- People are accustomed to talk so many things unnecessarily just in clubs, amongst friends' circle, which has no benefit either spiritually or materially. So that sort of talking should be avoided
- People go to the restaurant, to the cinema and other places, talking unnecessarily in clubs, societies, waste their time. This is going on. This is modern education. This is modern civilization
- Plain living, high thinking, that is required. It is not necessary that unnecessarily we increase objectives of sense gratification and be entangled. Minimize it and live peacefully, chant Hare Krsna
- Politicians are unnecessarily declaring war, and according to the stringent laws of material nature, massacres are taking place between nations
- Prahlada Maharaja said: "This kind of endeavor you should not do." Exploitation. Not exploitation; I mean to say, unnecessarily trying for developing economic condition. The modern civilization is: "Exploit nature and materially be opulent"
- Prayasah means things which are done with great endeavor. No. We shall accept things which are very easily done. Not to waste our energy unnecessarily
- Recently, before coming here, one of my students, Syamasundara, he took me from the airport on helicopter to my temple, and he spent one thousand pounds for that rascal thing. Unnecessarily
- Regarding telephone at Seksaria House or anywhere else, don't try to use telephone unnecessarily
- Rupa prays to his spiritual master, Sanatana Gosvami, for the protection of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu - the Ocean of the Pure Nectar of Devotional Service - from the argumentative logicians who unnecessarily meddle in the science of service to the Lord
- Sastra says, "No, no. You live with the minimum necessities. Don't increase your necessities unnecessarily." This is Vedic civilization. And the modern civilization is even increase your necessities - a machine for shaving your cheek. You see?
- Satrajit was ashamed because he had unnecessarily defamed Krsna
- Simple surrender unto Krsna will save him from unnecessarily wasting time
- Six principles we should avoid: eat or accumulate money more than necessary, waste energy for material gain, talk unnecessarily, follow regulative principles fanatically without sense or not follow them & become greedy & associate with persona non-grata
- Sleeping - oh, there is no limit, twenty-four hours sleeping if it is possible. Go on, this is going on. Eating, sleeping, mating. And defense - and discover atomic weapon, this weapon, that weapon, and kill innocent persons, unnecessarily, defense
- Some friends would say, "Vrsabha, don't talk unnecessarily! Immediately massage Krsna's body. His arms have become tired from fighting and wrestling with that demon. Oh, just see how our friend Krsna has become tired!"
- Suppose a living entity is now in a human form of body. He thinks that he belongs to the human community, or a particular country or particular place. He identifies himself in that way and unnecessarily prepares for another body
- The demonic means atheist and unnecessarily, falsely, very much proud of their knowledge
- The dog is crying, is crying at night because he has lost that woman. Is it not? Just see, even in the dog, what to speak of human being. So this is material life, to be affectionate unnecessarily
- The duty of the government or king is not to increase military power unnecessarily; the real duty of the government is to see that the people of the state advance in Krsna consciousness
- The great sage Durvasa Muni picked a quarrel with Maharaja Ambarisa, and Durvasa Muni unnecessarily became angry out of pride and therefore could not check his senses
- The harijana word was used by Gandhi unnecessarily for a class of men who are not fit for the position. Harijana means "the men of Hari." Just like Narada. Narada is called harijana. Great devotee is called harijana, "the persons related with Hari"
- The king of the country or the emperor of the empire must be so trained that by nature he renounces sense gratification. It is not that because one becomes king he should unnecessarily spend money for sense gratification
- The kings continued: "O Lord (Krsna), we were simply engaged in the abominable task of killing citizens and alluring them to be unnecessarily killed, just to satisfy our political whims"
- The Lord said, "My dear Murari, please restrain your unnecessary humility. My mind is disturbed to see your meekness"
- The mistaken living being, out of forgetfulness of this original condition of life, unnecessarily wastes time trying to become happy in the material world. The whole Vedic process is to remind one of this essential feature of life
- The mosquito will bite, the flies will disturb you, the bugs are there, and then the dogs will bark unnecessarily. You are passing, and his business is barking. Ha? "Bow! Bow! Bow!" So this is also suffering
- The senses are plunderers because they make one spend his money unnecessarily for seeing, smelling, tasting, touching, hearing, desiring and willing
- The snake characteristic is that unnecessarily, without any offense, it bites, and the animal which is bitten, he dies. This is the characteristic. Without any fault...
- The tree has taken birth. The man has taken birth. Why simply man should be saved, not the cows, not the trees? He must be saved. This is the government's duty. Unnecessarily there cannot be any killing. Lord Christ also, "Thou shall not kill"
- The wife and children are naturally dependent on the father, but the father, being unable to maintain the family properly, becomes mentally distressed and therefore chastises the family members unnecessarily
- Then as far as dama (self-control) is concerned, it is not only meant for other orders of religious society, but is especially meant for the householder. Although he has a wife, a householder should not use his senses for sex life unnecessarily
- There are existing man-eaters in Africa. So the human society is coming to that position. Like animal, they will eat their own sons and daughters. So therefore this practice, unnecessarily killing animal, is one of the pillar of sinful life
- There are so many problems. Simply unnecessarily we have created so many artificial wants
- There is no prohibition against meeting the proper needs of the senses, but unnecessary sense enjoyment is detrimental for spiritual advancement. Therefore the senses should be restrained from unnecessary use
- These factories means ugra-karma, unnecessarily severe, hard work
- These Hare Krsna chanters, they will never agree to kill any animal, even a plant, because they know everything is part and parcel of God. Why unnecessarily one should be killed? That is love
- This rascal government takes taxes and spend unnecessarily. That's all. This is their intelligence. A set of asses. That's all. They have no sympathy "that this hard-earned money is coming from the public, and we are spending like anything"
- Those who are not Vaisnavas consider only human society worthy of their sympathy, but Krsna claims to be the supreme father of all life forms. Consequently the Vaisnava takes care not to annihilate untimely or unnecessarily any life form
- Those who are responsible should be very frugal to see that not one penny is unnecessarily spent
- Those who unnecessarily engage in bodily conceptions and create an atmosphere of materialism are always ignorant of their real self-interest
- "Thou shalt not kill." It is applicable both for human being and for animal or even for trees. Unnecessarily you cannot kill
- To protect the brahmana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu advised him to chant the Hare Krsna mantra incessantly. By doing so, he would never become unnecessarily proud
- Touching the lotus feet of a spiritual master means giving up one's false prestige and unnecessarily puffed-up position in the material world
- Unfortunately so-called scholars and saintly persons have misguided the people by making different interpretations of the divine instruction unnecessarily. That is the cause of the ruination of our culture in India
- Unnecessarily we do not want to criticize anyone. But when there is necessity, because we are preacher, it may be sometimes you'll be faced with opposite elements, so we have to criticize in that respect
- We are unnecessarily, illegally claiming overlordship on Krsna's property. How we can be in peace?
- We don't say that you starve or become weak in health or weak in intelligence. No. You remain quite fit in intelligence and health, but don't be unnecessarily in need
- We have no other business. We want to see people live, eating very nicely nutritious food, keeping good health. But unnecessarily artificial things, bothering, that we don't want
- We have to accept economic development so far as we keep our body and soul together, fit for Krsna consciousness. We do not recommend that unnecessarily you should give trouble to the body
- We have to save our time for advancing in Krsna consciousness. After all, this, in the modern world they have invented so many varieties of occupations unnecessarily, to develop economic condition
- We must always remember that a devotee's life is one of vairagya-vidya, or renunciation and knowledge. Therefore all devotees are warned not to live unnecessarily luxurious lives at the cost of others
- What is this dambhah? Why I should be pride? What is this pride? So that is ignorance, due to ignorance. When one man is unnecessarily proud, that means it is due to ignorance
- When Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care. Because Garuda's plans for eating were disappointed, Saubhari Muni certainly committed a great offense to a Vaisnava
- When government employs some police force, some military force, that does not means impious. That is required. Similarly, fighting or violence is not always impious. But a responsible person, he does not take violence unnecessarily
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu started the sankirtana movement, even He was unnecessarily criticized by Mayavadis, atheists and fools. Naturally we are also criticized by such men
- When the soldiers saw that Sisupala was not competent to fight with Krsna, they decided not to lose their armies unnecessarily; therefore they ceased fighting and dispersed
- Whether grhasthas, sannyasa or brahmacari everyone has to be completely engaged all the time in devotional service. That is the meaning of good management, to see that everyone is engaged 24 hours a day, and not sleeping unnecessarily or talking idly
- Whether in the West or the East, aristocratic men in the Kali-yuga adopt the fashion of going to the forest and unnecessarily killing animals
- Why should we not fulfill this mission of life in this human form of life? Why unnecessarily desire so many sense gratification? This is called tapasya