Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: true not "true sense of the term" not "not true"
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "True"
The following 155 pages are in this category, out of 155 total.
- A devotee's behavior establishes the true purpose of religious principles. The behavior of Madhavendra Puri Gosvami is the essence of such religious principles
- A man should lead a healthy life with a sound mind just to realize vidya, true knowledge, which is the aim of human life. This life is not meant for working like an ass or for culturing avidya for sense gratification
- According to Mayavada philosophy, this manifested world, or material world, is mithya or maya, false. The Mayavadi preaching principle is brahma satyam jagan mithya: "Only the Brahman effulgence is true, and the cosmic manifestation is illusory, or false"
- According to Vaisnava philosophy, this cosmic manifestation is true because it is caused by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- According to Vaisnava, philosophy this cosmic manifestation is true because it is caused by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Actually Lord Krsna has returned to Vrndavana. That is the truth, and it is also true that people have seen Him
- All activities performed in this consciousness constitute true renunciation, or yukta-vairagya, as opposed to false renuniciation, or phalgu-vairagya. By instructing Arjuna to act in this way, the Supreme Lord has ordered us to do so as well
- Although Brahma tried to curb his anger, he could not do so, even though he is the supreme being. Such anger in its true color came from between the eyebrows of Brahma as Rudra, in a mixed color of blue (ignorance) and red (passion)
- Although this is true, this is but the external reason for the Lord's incarnation. Please hear one other reason - the confidential reason - for the Lord's appearance
- An ignorant living being does not recognize his actual profit. Because of ignorance and material pride, he sometimes considers profit a loss, but when his pride is cut down he can actually see his true benefit
- Any man from any social status becomes a well-known man in human society within a very short time if he is simply glorified truly or falsely in the daily newspapers
- As cats, dogs, not knowing their true interest in life, become increasingly involved in ignorance, the so-called educated person who does not know his own self-interest or the true goal of life becomes increasingly involved in materialism
- As the Supersoul within the heart, He inspires all the activities of a transcendentally situated devotee. Those who possess true knowledge of the Absolute can render service to Lord Krsna in the mood of a servitor, a friend, and so on
- Association with pure devotees certainly frees one from the material clutches. This is certainly true of King Rahugana's association with Jada Bharata. King Rahugana was immediately freed from the misgivings of material association
- Better to develop the small number of devotees we have, make them truly Krishna conscious boys and girls than to go on getting many followers who do not understand and practice the real principles
- Brahma replied, "What I have said is true. The same Lord Narayana who lives on the waters and in the hearts of all living beings is but a plenary portion of You"
- Dear Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, what You have said is all true. Only one who is favored by fortune attains love of Godhead
- Devotee said, "This very Supreme Personality of Godhead is the supreme controller, the supremely worshipable, all-cognizant, fully determined, fully opulent, the emblem of forgiveness, the protector of surrendered souls, munificent, true to His promise"
- Don't be disappointed. Krsna will act through His movement and kill them, these demons. How it will be done, that you cannot know now, but it will be done. Let us remain true soldiers. That's all
- Essential truth spoken concisely is true eloquence
- Even more subtle than the intellect is the spirit soul. So true spirituality, or the real religion of the living entity, means to be situated in self
- Even though we have our wonderful eyes, we cannot see things in their true perspective. What is true for the eyes is also true for the other senses we use for gathering knowledge
- Even though we require economic development, true religion allows it only for supplying the bare necessities of material existence
- Everyone looked, all together, like the demigods from heaven. This was especially true of the women, who were very nicely dressed
- Foolish people do not realize the true value of this movement, but the mere fact that they want to criticize it gives them a chance to chant Hare Krsna, and this is its success
- From beginning to end the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are uncommon. Just hear them with faith and accept them as true and correct
- Genuinely purified souls actually control all their sensory activities and also master their true, spiritual self. Such spiritualized persons alone can show actual sympathy to the fallen in terms of the individual, the place, and the time
- Gopinatha Acarya was a resident of Nadia, the son-in-law of Visarada and a devotee of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He knew the true identity of His Lordship
- Guru Maharaja foretold. He told my Godbrothers, Sridhara Maharaja and others, that "He'll do the needful when time comes. Nobody requires to help him." He told in 1935. And after all, this was true
- Haridasa Thakura protested, "These two benedictions are not the true result of chanting the holy name. Actually, by chanting the holy name without offenses, one awakens his ecstatic love for the lotus feet of Krsna"
- He (the true acarya) is therefore the spiritual master of all the varnas (brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra) and all the asramas (brahmacarya, grhastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa)
- Hearing these quotations from the revealed scripture Srimad-Bhagavatam, Jhadu Thakura replied, "Yes, this is true, for it is the version of sastra. It is true, however, for one who is genuinely advanced in devotion to Krsna"
- Hearing this, all the devotees were struck with wonder, and Sivananda became confident that the incident was true
- I am sure they can learn from me only the true teachings of the Bhagavad-gita; from me and from my students who are already trained up in this connection
- I have heard, he said, "that the followers of Caitanya Mahaprabhu eat more than necessary. Now I have directly seen that this is true"
- If one is always acting under these three facts, knowing Krishna to be the Supreme Proprietor, Enjoyer, and Friend, then he is truly honest
- If one true Vaisnava goes any place in the world, then the spiritual instincts of the more advanced souls he comes into contact with will be awakened, and they will automatically be attracted
- If we want to approach the Absolute Truth by new ways in harmony with present environment we should try to be true to one another in the qualified way of Brahminical culture
- If we want to interpret the Vedic version, we must imagine an interpretation according to what we want to do. We set forth such an interpretation as a suggestion or hypothesis. As such, it is not actually true, and the self-evident proof is lost
- In actuality, there is no reality in the manifested world. There appears to be reality, however, because of the true reality which exists in the spiritual world
- In modern human civilization, sex is the central point of all activities; indeed, wherever we turn our face we see sex life prominent. Thus sex life is not unreal, but its true reality is experienced in the spiritual world
- In the liberated state produced by acting under the direction of the Lord's internal, spiritual energy, the jiva's true, spiritual desires become manifest
- In the spiritual world there are no higher, middle or lower classes. This is confirmed in the Isopanisad: "One who always sees all living entities as spiritual sparks, in quality one with the Lord, becomes a true knower of things"
- Indeed, I go there daily to see her lotus feet. She is able to feel My presence, although she does not believe it to be true
- Intending to make my promise true, Lord Krsna broke His own promise not to take up a weapon at Kuruksetra
- It appears from your writings that you are a true devotee of the Lord and you have respect for other devotees. That is a very good sign of a devotee
- It is not for simply Krsna conscious man. It is true for everyone that at the moment of his death, whatever he is thinking of, his next life is going to happen like that
- It is stated in the Katha Upanisad that eternality and the living force belong to both ourselves and God. Although this is true in that both God and ourselves are immortal, there is a difference
- It is true that if a man becomes too much puffed up because of his family, opulence, beauty and material advancement, he no longer wants a peaceful life but becomes belligerent toward all others
- It is true that whatever relationship a particular devotee has with the Lord is the best for him; still, when we study all the different methods from a neutral position, we can understand that there are higher and lower degrees of love
- Let us remain true soldiers
- Let us speak one word that is very true. Plainly hear us, O merciful one. There is no other object of mercy within the three worlds but us
- Long, long ago, Jyamagha had satisfied the demigods and Pitas by worshiping them. Now, by their mercy, Jyamagha's words came true
- Lord Krsna said, "I've never heard of a Deity's walking from one place to another." The brahmana replied, "That is true, but how is it that You are speaking to me, although You are a Deity"
- Man's true nature is to render service
- Mr. Alexander Shellkirk, he is lamenting, he was thrown in isolated island, that society, friendship and love, divinely bestowed upon man. This is of course true. The society, friendship and love as we materially experience have got some fascination
- My dear Lord, kindly hear My true submission. My home is Vrndavana, and I wish Your association there. But if I do not get it, then it will be very difficult for Me to keep My life
- My dear Nimai Pandita, what You have said is all true. Our scriptures have developed only recently, and they are certainly not logical and philosophical
- My dreams have all come true, and all of you nice boys and girls are getting the credit
- Narada Muni advises Vyasadeva, "A person who is simply discharging his occupational duty in varna and asrama, however, with no Krsna consciousness, practically does not gain the true benefit of human life"
- Narayana said, "He (Vrkasura) is vanquished by his own sinful activities, and this is certainly true of this demon, who has committed such an offensive act against you"
- No mundane scholar can translate or reveal the true import of the Vedic mantras (hymns). They cannot be understood unless one is inspired or initiated by the authorized spiritual master
- Nondevotees who are engaged in Vedanta and speculation on Vedic literature without any tinge of true Krsna consciousness are also less intelligent, and for them it is not possible to understand God's personal nature
- One of the cowherd boys said, "Yes, what you say is true. This animal’s upper lip appears to be just like the sunshine, and its lower lip is just like the reflection of red sunshine on the ground"
- One who acts as a matter of duty because he has been ordered to do so by the Supreme Lord, and who does not seek shelter in the fruits of his activities (anasritah karma-phalam), is a true renouncer
- Our freedom consists in orienting our desire either toward the ignorant, material misconception or the true, spiritual conception
- Our program for Krishna Consciousness is solid, and backed by most authoritative literature - Bhagavad-gita, and Srimad-Bhagavatam; there is no question of our not being popular to the world. Simply we have to present ourselves in true perspective
- Ramananda Roy has explained that there is nothing so glorious or worth of fame in this world for a person who knows the true value of life other than to be famed as a devotee of Krsna
- Religion entails understanding the laws of God because the proper execution of these laws ultimately leads one out of material entanglement. That is the true purpose of religion
- Religion is meant for attaining emancipation, not for getting bread. Sometimes human society manufactures a system of so-called religion aimed at material advancement, but that is far from the purpose of true dharma
- Religion of love is the true religious idea but if the approach is made through the service of mankind only, then the process is made imperfect, partial and unscientific
- Sat-sanga means sat. Sat means which is true and not contaminated. That is sat. Om tat sat. So sat-sanga means to associate with spiritual knowledge
- Sex life is not unreal, but its true reality is experienced in the spiritual world. Material sex is but a perverted reflection of the original; the original is found in the Absolute Truth
- Sisupala indirectly praised Krsna by saying that He is not within the jurisdiction of Vedic injunctions. This is true because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- So these statements are not overestimations, nor are they stories. They are actual facts, but are true for certain devotees and do not necessarily apply to all
- Some called Lord Krsna an incarnation of Lord Ksirodakasayi. All these names are true; nothing is impossible
- Srila Vyasadeva or his representatives are qualified because they are rightly trained to see things in true perspective
- Taking this opportunity, the elderly brahmana immediately confirmed that this was really true. He said, "If Gopala personally comes here to serve as a witness, I shall surely give my daughter to the young brahmana"
- That which is beyond our power of conception is called acintya, inconceivable. It is useless to argue or speculate about the inconceivable. If something is truly inconceivable, it is not subject to speculation or experimentation
- The argument that unless one has proper knowledge one cannot be freed from material miseries is undoubtedly true. But because the lotus feet of the Lord are full of transcendental knowledge, acceptance of His lotus feet completes that necessity
- The Bhattacarya replied, "All that you have heard is true, but as far as an interview is concerned, it is very difficult to arrange"
- The brahmacari should live under the care of the true spiritual master, giving him sincere respect and obeisances, acting as his menial servant, and always carrying out his order
- The caste system created by the Personality of Godhead and referred to in the Bhagavad-gita is universally true at all times and in all parts of the world, and actually, the universe
- The chronological process is sravanam kirtanam visnoh. This same process of chronological understanding holds true in chanting and remembering
- The conclusion is that the import of the Vedanta-sutra is covered by the imaginary explanation of Sankaracarya. Whatever Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu has said is perfectly true
- The demigods or devotees know perfectly well that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the true substance, whether within this material world or in the spiritual world
- The difference between the believers and the faithless is that the devotees accept the incidents mentioned in the Vedic literatures to be true, whereas the demons simply argue and label all these historical incidents mythology
- The entire world is now full of many asuras in the guise of politicians, gurus, sadhus, yogis and incarnations, and they are misleading the general public away from Krsna consciousness, which can offer true benefit to human society
- The fight was executed by the will of the Lord, but the effects of family aggrievement, as they had thought of it before, had come to be true
- The gopis were all simple souls, and whatever Krsna said they took to be true
- The harsh words used by Suruci to her stepson were true because unless one is favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead one cannot achieve any success in life
- The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)
- The KC movement is trying to give the true light of spiritual existence to all living entities. This movement is not very difficult to understand, and people must take advantage of it, for it will save them from the risky life of irresponsibility
- The manifested cosmic creation appears to be reality, but it is simply a reflection of the true reality, which exists in the spiritual world. In the spiritual world there are no mirages
- The material purpose is not true, but spiritual purpose is true. Therefore anything, you use it for the ultimate truth, Absolute Truth, that is realization of truth. This is Vaisnava philosophy
- The Mayavadi philosophers, devoid of true understanding, have confused the theory of illusion and the theory of the cosmic manifestation by word jugglery
- The Mayavadi preaching principle is brahma satyam jagan mithya: "Only the Brahman effulgence is true, and the cosmic manifestation is illusory, or false"
- The real symptom of a true civilization is that its citizens are inspired by Back to Godhead to take up the process of devotion and go back to Godhead, where they will eternally reside in their actual home. Only in this way can they end all futile labor
- The saintly Muslim replied, "All that You have said is true. This has certainly been written in the Koran, but our scholars can neither understand nor accept it"
- The Sankhya philosophy was expounded in the Srimad-Bhagavatam by the true Lord Kapila, the incarnation of Lord Krsna, who explained it to His mother, Devahuti
- The Sankirtana devotees are very very dear to Krishna. Because you are doing the field work of book distribution, Krishna has immediately recognized them as true servants
- The so-called educated person who does not know his own self-interest or the true goal of life becomes increasingly involved in materialism
- The spiritual master is the transparent medium, although it is true that the experience is still direct. This is the mystery of the disciplic succession. When the spiritual master is bona fide, then one can hear Bhagavad-gita directly, as Arjuna heard it
- The Supreme Absolute Truth is called Rama because the transcendentalists take pleasure in the unlimited true pleasure of spiritual existence
- The symptoms of the self-realized person are given herein. The first symptom is that he is not illusioned by the false identification of the body with his true self. He knows perfectly well that he is not this body
- The true acarya, the spiritual master of the entire world, must be considered an incarnation of Krsna's mercy. Indeed, he is personally embracing Krsna
- The true activity of the sense organs - mind, sight, words and all the knowledge-gathering and working senses - is to engage fully in My (Lord Rsabhadeva's) service
- The true religion of love is perfectly inculcated in the Bhagavad-gita
- The true understanding is that God is the supreme master and that all of us are servants of the Supreme Lord and are therefore on the same platform
- The words of Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu are firm and convincing, and I accept them as true. In this Age of Kali, one cannot be delivered from the material clutches simply by formally accepting the renounced order
- They (the gopis and men) remembered the words of Garga Muni, who had foretold, by dint of his vast knowledge of the Vedas & astrology, that this boy would be attacked by many demons. Now they were actually seeing that this was coming true, word for word
- This body is true. We have got body. We don't say it is false. It is true. Bodily pains and pleasures we feel, so how can I say that the body is false?
- This instruction by Krsna to the brahmana is very significant. The purport is that a true brahmana should not be disturbed in any situation. In this modern age, Kali-yuga, the so-called brahmanas have accepted the abominable position of sudras
- This is certainly true (that all bad elements immediately disappear) of the place where the chanting of the holy name of Krsna is done seriously - especially in Vrndavana when the Supreme Lord was personally present
- This is very instructive struggle between the atheist and the theist. This story of Prahlada Maharaja is eternally true. There is always a struggle between the atheist and the theist
- This statement by the Lord confirms that a person in true Krsna consciousness, engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord under the direction of the spiritual master, is never subject to the contamination of material qualities
- Those who are true yogis or learned transcendentalists are not attracted by sense pleasures, which are the causes of continuous material existence
- Those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down
- Those young boys are living as true brahmacaris. Brahmacari's business is to study and then go to make some collection on behalf of the guru. This is very good engagement for them
- Throughout the entire world, everyone is making big, big plans to adjust the miseries of the material world, and this is true at present, in the past and in the future
- To be determined that the child will have his last birth into ignorance is very good. It is true that one should become a parent only if he can deliver his ward from the clutches of death
- To know the principles of eternal life, and if we really want to see things in their true perspective, it is necessary for us to establish a relationship with a preceptor who can really open our eyes and lift us from the clutches of nescience
- True guru
- True happiness
- True purpose of religious principles
- True religion, however, instructs people to be satisfied with the bare necessities of life while cultivating Krsna consciousness
- True reverential devotion is exhibited by persons who think themselves subordinate to Krsna and by persons who think themselves sons of Krsna
- True virtue
- Truly religious person
- Yes, that possibility is always there. But my proposal is that if you are not true Christian, then your preaching will not be effective. I don't say that now we are strictly following and we will not fall down in future. I don't say that
- You have to take shelter of a person who is a devotee of Krsna, and you have to serve. That means you have to accept a devotee, a true devotee, a pure devotee, as your guide. That is our process
- You mention about the well-renown psychologist at Harvard who is interested in finding about man's true nature. Man's true nature is to render service. Originally the living entity was meant for rendering service to Krsna