Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
temperature | temperatures | temperature's
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Temperature"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- An analogy can be given with the sun globe and the sunshine: to remain in the sunshine does not mean one has gone to the sun globe. The temperature of the sun globe is different from the temperature of the sunshine
- At the time of death, the temperature of the body first of all increases to 107 degrees Fahrenheit, and then the whole body collapses and immediately becomes as cold as ice
- Each of His arms and legs had become three cubits long; only skin connected the separated joints. The Lord's body temperature, indicating life, was very low. All the joints in His arms, legs, neck and waist were separated by at least six inches
- Even in that helpless condition, the child Pariksit endured the unbearable temperature due to his being a great fighter by nature
- Gradually the whole water will be dried up, and there will be no water. And in that situation all living beings will die. Then the sunshine will be more, by heating, the temperature will increase, and then everything will be burned into ashes
- Gradually, the Siva-jvara's temperature diminished, and the Siva-jvara began to cry for help from Lord Siva, but Lord Siva was unable to help him in the presence of the Narayana-jvara
- If we, if simply by coming you can come into the sunlight, if I think that I have become identical with the sun, that is nonsense. Sun, you cannot become identical with the sun. It is so powerful, the temperature is so high and great
- In his dream, Madhavendra Puri saw Gopala, who said, "My bodily temperature still has not decreased. Please bring sandalwood from the Malaya province and smear the pulp over My body to cool Me"
- It is said that at the end of creation the sun becomes twelve times more scorching than usual. This twelve-times-hotter temperature is called Siva-jvara
- That banyan tree was eight hundred miles high, and its branches spread over six hundred miles around. The tree cast a fine shade which permanently cooled the temperature, yet there was no noise of birds
- The Brahma-samhita says that the sun is the king with unlimited light and temperature. The Srimad-Bhagavatam sublime literature describes all these things and it was written five thousand years ago
- The golden heart becomes melted at high temperature, as in ecstatic love. And the shellac heart is very easily melted in slight temperature
- The heat in the fire is Krsna. According to Vedic medicine, indigestion is due to a low temperature in the belly. So even for digestion fire is needed
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were never disturbed by the scorching heat of the sun or the high summer temperatures
- The temperature is very, very great (in the sun planet). But still, there are life. Otherwise how Krsna says, imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam: "I went there and I spoke to the sun-god"
- The word prajvarah is very significant, for it means "the fever sent by Lord Visnu." Such a fever is always set at 107 degrees, the temperature at which a man dies
- There is no difference between My body and Gopinatha's body. They are one and the same. Therefore if you smear the sandalwood pulp on the body of Gopinatha, you will naturally also smear it on My body. Thus the temperature of My body will be reduced
- When excessive heat is counteracted by extreme cold, it is natural for the hot temperature to gradually reduce, and this is what occurred in the fight between the Siva-jvara and the Narayana-jvara
- When the living entity is in deep sleep, when he faints, when there is some great shock on account of severe loss, at the time of death, or when the body temperature is very high, the movement of the life air is arrested
- When there is joy and there are tears in the eyes, the temperature of the tears is cold, but when there is anger, the tears are hot. In both cases, the eyes are restless, the eyeballs are red and there is itching
- Yudhisthira said, "Although we feel the difference in temperature between the rising and the setting sun, the temperature of the sun never changes"
- Yudhisthira said, "Your (Krsna's) real position is always exalted, exactly like that of the sun, which always remains at the same temperature during both the time of its rising and the time of its setting. But we feel the difference"