Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cold | colder | coldest | coldly | coldness | colds
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Cold"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- All forms of happiness or distress, such as winter cold or summer heat, are due to material sense perception only. They come and go according to the laws of nature, and they are therefore to be tolerated without our being disturbed
- All the cows and cowherd boys became so afflicted by the wind and cold that they all gathered together to take shelter under the lotus feet of Krsna. This is an instance of emotion caused by severe rainfall
- All these poor creatures are constantly perplexed by hunger, thirst, severe cold, secretion and bile, attacked by coughing winter, blasting summer, rains and many other disturbing elements, and overwhelmed by strong sex urges and indefatigable anger
- Although all three potencies - namely internal, external and marginal - are essentially one in the ultimate issue, they are different in action, like electric energy, which can produce both cold and heat under different conditions
- As far as the adhidaivika miseries are concerned, these originate with the demigods of the higher planets. For instance, we sometimes suffer from severe cold weather, from thunderbolts, or from earthquakes, tornadoes, droughts or other natural disasters
- As there is a Siva-jvara weapon, there is also a Narayana-jvara weapon, which is represented by excessive cold
- At the time of death, the temperature of the body first of all increases to 107 degrees Fahrenheit, and then the whole body collapses and immediately becomes as cold as ice
- Because of the King's (Yudhisthira) having no enemy, the living beings were not at any time disturbed by mental agonies, diseases, or excessive heat or cold
- Because this transcendental position is at once achieved by one who is in Krsna consciousness, the devotee of the Lord is unaffected by the dualities of material existence, namely distress and happiness, cold and heat, etc
- Brahmana, a brahmana's duty is to present himself an ideal human being. Satyam samo damas titiksa. Titiksa means toleration. "Oh, it is very cold. No, I cannot take bath." No. You must tolerate. You must tolerate
- By nature's way, when a man cries, there may be two causes. When one cries in great happiness upon the fulfillment of some desire, the tears coming forth from the eyes are very cold and pleasing, whereas tears in times of distress are very hot
- By the celestial influence of the stars there are many calamities like excessive heat, cold, rains or no rains, and the aftereffects are famine, disease and epidemic. The aggregate result is agony of the body and the mind
- By the will of the Lord, King Pariksit, while going away, found a dead snake in front of him, and he thought that the sage, who had coldly received him, thus might be coldly rewarded by being offered a garland of a dead snake
- Distresses due to cold in winter and severe heat in summer always inflict miseries on the living entities in this material world
- Due to remaining in the water for a long time, they (the gopis) felt cold and were shivering, yet upon hearing the pleasing joking words of Govinda, their minds were perturbed with great joy
- Duty has to be done despite all inconveniences. That is very important thing. The example is given that one has to take bathing early in the morning, but because it is cold, one cannot avoid it. He must bathe
- For one who has conquered the mind, the Supersoul is already reached, for he has attained tranquillity. To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same
- From the sastra we know in the moon planet... That is one of the heavenly planets, and there are living entities. They are living for ten thousand years, and it is very cold there. Therefore they drink soma-rasa
- He (God) divided Himself into twelve parts and created seasonal forms, beginning with spring. In this way He created the seasonal qualities, such as heat, cold and so on
- He (Krsna) said, "and every one of us will derive benefit from the jewel. Because of the jewel’s presence in the city of Dvaraka, there will be no more famines or disturbances created by pestilence or excessive heat and cold"
- However, when the month of Kartika came, they both told the Lord, "Now it is very cold. It is better that You wait to see the Dola-yatra festival and then go. That will be very nice"
- I do not mind for the severe cold there, but if you think that my service will be helpful to you, you can call me, I shall go
- If it is not possible for Tulasi to survive the winters when planted in the ground, then a suitable house should be provided for her. Even in the Canadian temples which are in a much colder climate are keeping Tulasi nicely
- In New York I caught a cold and it continued for about one month of coughing at night without any sleep. But still I am travelling. I went from New York to London to Paris to Tehran to Bombay to Hyderabad to here
- It is not at all good that the Deities do not have warm clothing for the cold weather. They are still spending so much for construction, spending spending, but the Deities are not clothed properly. What is this?
- It is stated that during the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira there did not even exist severe cold or scorching heat, nor did the citizens suffer from any kind of mental anxiety. This is the standard of good government
- Liver doesn't work nicely, teeth does not work nicely, there is susceptibility to cold. Old age. All my young friends, they have all died. Nobody's living. One or two still
- Living in a thatched cottage, the vanaprastha should endure all kinds of heat and cold. He should not cut his nails or hair, and he should give up cleaning his body and teeth
- Lord Krsna, in great anger, struck Salva on the collarbone with His club so severely that Salva began to vomit blood and tremble as if he were going to collapse from severe cold
- One has to learn tolerance in the face of dualities such as happiness and distress, or cold and warmth, and by tolerating such dualities become free from anxieties regarding gain and loss
- One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equipoised in honor and dishonor, heat and cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from attachment to material things such a person is very dear to Me
- One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equipoised in honor and dishonor, heat and cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from contaminating association
- Out of jubilation, anger or separation there may be the pouring down of tears from the eyes. When such tears are very cold they are due to jubilation, and when they are due to anger the tears become hot
- Out of jubilation, anger, or separation there may be the pouring down of tears from the eyes. When such tears are very cold they are due to jubilation, and when they are due to anger the tears become hot
- Sometimes water becomes hard, very hard, ice. So that is not the natural position of water. Artificially, on account of excessive cold or by artificial means the water becomes solid. But the real position of water is liquidity
- Sometimes, because of the extreme heat of the sun, there are cases of heatstroke, and due to the extreme coldness created by the moon there are cases of collapse
- Spring is a season universally liked because it is neither too hot nor too cold and the flowers and trees blossom and flourish
- Such responsibility was there during the time of Ramacandra. As we have explained in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the king was so responsible for the comforts of the citizens that he was to see that there was not even excessive heat or cold
- That kingdom (The province of Kasi) is considered happy where there is no famine, pestilence or excessive heat and cold and where people are happy mentally, spiritually and physically
- The boy showed Madhavendra Puri the bush and said, "I reside in this bush, and because of this I suffer very much from severe cold, rain showers, winds and scorching heat"
- The devotee becomes transcendental to all dualities, such as heat and cold, honor and dishonor. Being freed from all dualities, he feels transcendental bliss, and he no longer suffers cares and anxieties due to material existence
- The duality of the material world is felt in terms of heat and cold, or misery and happiness. A Krsna conscious person is above duality because he does not hesitate to act in any way for the satisfaction of Krsna
- The Himalayan Mountains are very cold and hard, and she thought of goddess Durga as hardhearted and cold. In her anxiety to see Krsna, Rukmini, who was after all still a child, thought this way about the different demigods
- The King (Pariksit) was right to punish his subject for coldly receiving him or neglecting him, but because the culprit was a sage and a brahmana, it was unprecedented
- The living entity is subjected to many tribulations brought about by air, water, fire, extreme heat, extreme cold, sunshine, excessive eating, unhealthy food, maladjustments of the three elements of the body (kapha, pitta and vayu), and so on
- The moon is too cold for the inhabitants of this earth, and therefore ordinary persons who want to go there with earthly bodies are attempting to do so in vain
- The personified Vedas continued, "The influence of time - past, present and future - and the material miseries, such as excessive heat, excessive cold, birth, death, old age and disease, are all simply the movements of Your eyebrows"
- The situation was very dangerous, especially for the animals. The rainfall was accompanied by great winds, and every living creature in Vrndavana began to tremble from the severe cold
- The supreme head, being a trained king like Yudhisthira, kept all the inhabitants free from anxiety, diseases and excessive heat and cold. They were not only economically well-to-do, but also physically fit and undisturbed by supernatural power
- The whole New York City is flooded with the snow, and we are all put into inconvenience. That's a sort of suffering. But you have no control. You cannot stop snow falling. You see? If some, some, there is wind, cold wind, you cannot stop it
- They could go out and make thousands of dollars a month as educators and skilled professional men, still they prefer to live with me and eat only a little rice from the floor, and sleep on the cold ground without cover
- This boy is fanning me. Why? There is little miserable condition here: we are feeling too hot. So again, if you go outside, you may feel too cold. So either inside or outside, you are in miserable condition. This is called adhyatmika
- To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same
- Tomorrow I am going to Dallas because the weather here in Los Angeles is not good for my health. It is too cold and cloudy. So I am going to Dallas to get some sunshine. If the weather there is not suitable, I may come at once to Caracas
- We do not want chilly cold. Therefore we are covering. The cause is we are suffering. Therefore we are covering. And after covering, we are feeling some pleasure. This pleasure is, for the time being, absence of suffering. That's all
- We should not be disturbed by these material miseries, which come and go like this change of season. It is not permanent. At the present moment, the whole human civilization is simply disturbed by the change of this cold and heat
- We sometimes suffer from severe cold weather, from thunderbolts, or from earthquakes, tornadoes, droughts or other natural disasters. In any case, we are always suffering from one or more of these three kinds of miseries
- When Devaki, the mother of Krsna, saw her son very jubilant in the presence of the wrestlers in Kamsa's arena, two kinds of tears were simultaneously gliding down her cheeks: sometimes her tears were warm, and sometimes they were cold
- When excessive heat is counteracted by extreme cold, it is natural for the hot temperature to gradually reduce, and this is what occurred in the fight between the Siva-jvara and the Narayana-jvara
- When I was at Kumbha Mehla, you came to see me with your family and you invited me at your house. But in the camp it was too cold. I was reluctant to leave the Mehla because it was going nicely, but my disciples asked me to come back to Bhubaneswara
- When there is excessive heat, one can somehow or other tolerate it, but when there is excessive cold, everything collapses. This is actually experienced by a person at the time of death
- When there is joy and there are tears in the eyes, the temperature of the tears is cold, but when there is anger, the tears are hot. In both cases, the eyes are restless, the eyeballs are red and there is itching
- While passing through the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna sat down at a beautiful spot and allowed the cows to drink the cold and transparent water of the Yamuna. Being fatigued, the cowherd boys, Krsna and Balarama also drank